/5eg/ D&D 5e General

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>July 2016 Unearthed Arcana
dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/quick-characters

>Ye Olde Thread
Have you guys used or encountered art at all in your game?

Other urls found in this thread:

docdro.id/nqAMLbK
homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/SkpZBnJ_
basicredrpg.blogspot.com/2014/08/5e-background-cake.html
youtube.com/watch?v=GE0cNTLP8LY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You mean like painting and sculptures in game? I had a side quest planned one time for my party to be guarding a museum for a few days, and on the last night a mage would animate some of the statues and other artwork to attack the party with. The quest never got explored while they were in town and the group broke apart shortly after.

Why don't you guys play Dungeon World instead of D&D 5e? It does everything 5e does except better. You want fast combat? Dungeon World does that. You want bonds and roleplaying? Dungeon World does that. D&D 5e just restricts you with rules and complex class abilities that, let's face it, no one really wants to learn.

Last time I played Dungeon World, my barbarian wrapped a vampire in a bear hug and wrestled him out a window. We are talking about real roleplaying here, not baby 3.5 shit. I don't want to have to roll a bunch of complicated checks just to do something cool. All D&D has is this autistic "lol on a nat 20 you can do anything!" bullshit. Dungeon World doesn't do that; it gives justification to your characters actions with a unique multi-staged success mechanic that leads to interesting outcomes for every action, instead of the boring binary pass / fail of D&D.

It's a superior game in any way. Please give one (1) legitimate reason why you haven't tried it yet.

You really have stooped low this time.
If anyone else replies to you, they'll likely just be a false-flagging troll.

Everyone else, let's just agree to ignore these shitposters. They're in full force today.

So what are some fun ways to flavor a monks punches doing as much damage as a sword/big sword other than just hitting things harder somehow?

Like an obvious one is pressure points, either poking or punching points that cause your 1d4 fist to feel like 1d8. It falls a part a bit when you're punching say a construct but you can still pull it off by saying bullshit like "punching the imperfections in the steel"

What are some other ones?

I use it for introducing npcs, locations, and special items.
I sometimes show it again if said thing has been absent or hasn't been visited for a while.

That the monk literally uses their own weight against them and redirects them into the ground, walls, his waiting knee, whatever.

The monk generates a small burst of ki with every hit or saps their own unrealized ki fighting them on both a spiritual and physical level.

The monk is a conduit and his fighting style invokes the feeling of power and replicates the natural weapons of the various animals his techniques replicate.

It doesn't have to be pressure points, that's usually done with finger punches, monks I imagine as using open hand which is a martial arts technique that allows you to damage internal organs and shake up people's bodies much like hammers and clubs. Of course, them doing as much damage as a sword to an unarmored opponent, and doing anything at all to an armored one, is more fantastical.

In that case, I attribute it to the trope that humans are more fundamentally powerful (they can take more hits and grow much stronger than IRL, even without magic and so on), but weapons on the other hand are just as effective as IRL. So monks aren't just normal humans using fists vs. normal humans with weapons and armor, they are humans with superhuman precision and strength vs. other humans with that as well, but using armor and weapons that don't scale too well with it.

So, I'm currently working on a Dark Sun Conversion for 5e. Looking for feedback.

The link to what I have so far is found here: docdro.id/nqAMLbK

What's included:

- Elemental Domains for Clerics, Air, Fire, Earth, and Water
-Gladiator Subclass for Fighter
-A Shit-ton of Psionic Homebrew, including Archetypes, a Full Class, and Feats. Plenty to use in a setting where Psionics is abundant.

Races that still need to be added:
- Mul
- Half-Giant(Very Likely just going to Re-flavor Goliaths for this one)
- Pterran
- Ssurran

Classes that need to be added:
-Dune Trader. Honestly, I'm thinking this will be a Character Background option more than anything else, though it could easily be a Bardic College.

Other Shit that needs to get done:
- Spend time making everything uniform, and decent looking.
- Cut the Wilderness Survival, Environmental Hazards, and other Dark Sun appropriate variant rules out of the DMG, and tack them to the end of the supplement for easy access.
- Re-write the current timeline of Dark Sun so the Sorcerer Kings are still alive, and the setting actually has something to it. Or just re-write the original Dark Sun fluff into the Doc.

>Please give one (1) legitimate reason why you haven't tried it yet.

Because it was recommended to me by a faggot so faggoty he had to spam a topic about a completely different game in his utterly pathetic desperate attempt to get me to try it.

Watch some combat sports or MA movies.

I pulled some Dorian Gray like shenanigans with the last boss.

Also I once used google deep dream to make some pictures, presented them to the players as some paintings they found inside an abandoned castle, and had Madness table fun with them.

Can you put a Super Mario 64 type painting (that teleports you when you step through it) inside of a bag of holding or something similar?

It's not an extradimensional space, but it is a portal of sorts.

There aren't. Monks are a fucking ridiculous class and always have been. They have always been underpowered, and that's for good reason: they are a fucking stupid idea. Don't give me any of this indo-chinese bullshit, you can't break through metal armor with a fist. It just doesn't fucking work. Nowhere NEAR enough energy to deal even the same damage as an arrow, which deals a measely d6 or d8 in D&D, which refuses to buff ranged weapons, insisting they remain shitty as ever. hell even upgrading longbow to a d10 to represent a goddamn massive arrow punching into your fucking chest, would make sense. But monks? Fuck off, they don't work, they never were, never are, and never will be viable in real-world combat, and they aren't viable in D&D either. Mearls should've deleted them in 5e, but he has such a throbbing schlong for that class it's not even funny.

>just hitting things harder somehow?
Goddamn, I WANT to go into the stuff I've done for Monks as a way to explain all the supposed "inconsistencies" but it just dragged into talking about a non-D&D genre so I can't....

kick in the nuts
karate chop that can break stones
ki mastery just giving them straight harder hits
just think about how hard people kick each other in anime and stuff. not that monks are anime, per se, but just imagine how much weight fantasy kicks can have.

Magic ain't real nigga/

>what are wizards

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO SUCH SHIT BAIT

Go for it.

For real, the bait is all written in the same style. It's so easy to spot.

How would you go about trying to recreate a Force Mage or Master of the Unseen Hand?

Is it possible to make a Wizard school or archetype that reflects one of these without being OP?

>recreate a Force Mage or Master of the Unseen Hand?

The best solution would be for Wizards of the Coast to get off their asses and create feats or even prestige classes to support this.

But because prestige classes were badly done in 3.5, they are an overall bad idea so Wizards won't make any. Once again, Mearls learns all the wrong lessons from past mistakes. He'll run out of design space by 7e before he ever realizes that you can't please all the people all the time.

What are the important elements of those prestige classes? Usually there's a way to get the same effects without the exact same methods in 5e.

FANTASY
A
N
T
A
S
Y

Can you do me a favor?
Change your attitude. You're like some kid fresh out of /b/, what with your caustic personality.

Okay then, but you asked for this.

>How do Monks do more unarmed damage?
Ki in the folkloric stuff it comes from is basically like a special muscle (one located in a sort of metaphysical area above your abdomen, called a Dantien, or Tendan in Japanese) that EVERYONE has. Ki (Qi in it's oldest spelling) is basically a special metaphysical muscle that improves all of your other muscles when you train it, especially specifically for the purposes of striking, as when you engage in heavy physical exertion the Ki "circulates" through your body like blood. Using specific training regimen (as well as deitary and sexual regimens even in some beliefs) you can improve your reserve of qi and your qi circulation through your meridians.
>Why doesn't everyone train it then?
The same reason people sometimes skip leg day; not all exercises exercise the same things, and you need specific training knowledge to improve it.
>But WHY if the training knowledge exists?
This is pretty important, but training your Dantien takes FOREVER. Think like how you start as a little kid before you can become a Jedi and you have a good idea. Training an entire unit of warriors trained in qi manipulation would take around a decade and change, and most STILL wouldn't be very good; they'd be first level Monks at best. Many would drop out of the training due to just how long it takes to get any results.
>Why do they all live in monestaries?
They don't actually, anymore then Fighters all served in an army. A lot DO though because it removes them from distractions that make it harder to focus on their training.
>Why only with some weapons?
Actually, in theory it could be done with ANY weapon of you know the proper exercises, but each new weapon requires a different set of exercises to make it work, sadly.
>Why can some Monks do different effects?
Ki can (in theory) do anything, but unfortunately just like how you can train (in theory) literally all of your muscles to peak condition.
Continued

I was always a fan of the Master of the Unseen Hand theme in that they are essentially a Jean Grey or Superboy level telekinetic.

I was considering buffs to Mage Hand (similar to how Arcane Trickster gets more options), or similar options.

As far as force mage, it's mostly just bonuses to Magic Missile and other Force spells. I guess School of Evocation would be the best thing, that and take magic initiate for Eldritch Blast as well. School of Evo wizard, + Eldritch blast is pretty sick.

Calm down user. You know, there actually was a 5e prestige class in UA, which in all liklyhood will be finalised and published within the next adventure. Not that prestige are at all necasaarry givin the myirad of ways you can achieve the exact with the mechanics 5e already includes. You might know some that if you weren't just shitposter and actualy knew what you were talking about. As it is, you're just embarrassing yourself.

Continued
Training Ki to do stuff other then "makes ya hit harder/jump higher/healthier" requires a new training regimen for each type of thing; you can't just "extrapolate" new skills and knowledge from what you already know. That would be why you have ninja monks and magic-monks with different sets of skills then normal.
In a way training this stuff is almost like a kind of obsession, the way a Wizard has to be at least LITTLE obsessive to learn the knowledge needed to do his magic, or the way Virt is obsessed with trolling Veeky Forums because he has no life to speak of.
>Why so often Lawful?
Fuck man, YOU try to do one set of training that takes fifteen fucking years to get results. That would tax ANYONE's patience. But 5e actually does away with it, which is true to folklore; it's just a skill, not a religious discipline. Religion sometimes comes INTO it, but it's not a required part of it.
>What about Dragonball?
Dragonball resembles proper folklore about qi stuff the way Superman's origins resemble actual science; distantly at best. Most Japanese stuff in relation to qi folklore takes it's cues from Dragonball, so it has the same problem.
>So Monks can be evil or Chaotic?
Yeah, basically. A lot of teachers of that kinda shit tend to be...vaguely amoral I guess. For them it's about the skill and the discipline and training, not the usage of it. Some are more morally inclined, some aren't. Some talk a lot of moral game and do nothing at all to support it too and instead just sit there and do nothing. Drunken Masters are an example of a non-Lawful type of qi-using warrior.
>So why Monk?
Out of world, because it's D&D tradition.
In most D&D world's, it can easily be explained by the vast majority of martial arts warriors that people meet coming from monestaries. Most folks probably don't even realize it can have nothing to do with them.

Would a ranged cantrip like GFB be OP?

Can you do me a favor?

Change your attitude, and stop fellating every fucking thing the 5e devs do. Because most of it is fucking stupid.

Especially this "bounded accuracy" bullshit. Because I totally want to wait 5 levels just to get 5% better at doing something. Yeah no. Fuck you 5e.

hey Veeky Forums can you help me come up with a level 10 or 14 archetype feature?

the archetype itself is similar to a duskblade/assasssin hybrid, burning spell slots to sneak around and empower weapon strikes with different effects.

I like this idea

Telekinesis is still a thing, and Bigby's Hand is pretty good at tossing stuff around too. If your DM rules that your own Athletics proficiency can apply to the checks made by Bigby's Hand, a bard can be even better at moving things around with it than a wizard. Animate Objects can also perform the attack function that 3.5 Telekinesis had.

>Play 3e
>After a few levels, thanks to a good selection of feats and whatnot, have +20 to hit
>DM is worth his salt and scales the encounters properly, using monsters of an appropriate CR
>Monsters have on average +19 AC
I'm sure that big number feels real good on your character sheet to represent your 5% improvement, doesn't it?

I agreed with you about the prestige classes but you sound like a retard now.
Bounded accuracy is way better than "I have +40 to my attack but the enemy has +38 AC".

Tenser's Floating Disk is a ritual for the times when Mage Hand isn't strong enough to move things for you. Levitate also has some use in moving objects and enemies against their will.

What made the Master of the Unseen Hand different from a regular caster who chose those kinds of spells?

Stop. Don't reply to trolls. There's a few that have been very active this morning, and you're just falling for his bait.

Report and ignore.

>Dming a session for some friends a few nights back
>Get to the last encounter for the night
>the rogue is at low health so he runs away turn 1
>comes back for the last half of the fight when the creature is low on health

Should I give him a full share of the experience even he did nothing but hide for the first half of the fight?

He played his character, so yes.
I just hope the rest of the group chewed him out about it a little though.

First off experience is stupid as hell.
Secondly yes.

I want to play a monk based on Rock Lee so badly

Why does everyone hate dungeon world? I never played it and have no idea how it works, but I see everyone shitting on it all the time.

Ask elsewhere. Don't feed a troll.
Don't reply to this, don't try to derail this thread, just stop.

Anyone wanna critique these ranger archetypes or tell me how to make them better?

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/SkpZBnJ_

I think you should do it user

I don't really recall but that scene looks like it occurred around the time Saskuke was an unstoppable edgy dickbag that only existed to show that just because everyone else got cooler doesn't mean they can keep up with the sauce. I like that Lee seems to at least be doing fine here, not even powered up or anything.

God I feel like Naruto would be 30x better if it didn't feature Sasuke, Sakura, or to a lesser extent Naruto himself.

My players took a quest from the director of the museum to recover stolen paintings, reward was some gold and being immortalized in a painting, will probably say that the painting is a magical motion painting, meaning the characters inside the painting move and shit, like in harry potter

Basically it's a shit game built on the groundwork of a good one.
The fact it won awards for the good parts - lifted from the base game - doesn't help.

Share backgrounds.

basicredrpg.blogspot.com/2014/08/5e-background-cake.html

>FANTASY
>A
>N
>T
>A
>S
>Y

Not an excuse.

"le fantasy" is not an excuse for lack of realism.

In fact that very excuse is why fantasy is no longer taken seriously as a genre. Authors can just be like "LOL MAGIC" and overcome any plot hole.

D&D is the same: shitty, shitty writing and worldbuilding, propped by deus ex machina and a rotten magic system meant to justify superhero powerwank that is only emotionally engaging to a child.

>ended up with two girls in the group I'm DMing

How did this happen and why are they both barbarians

1) Armor class is not a bonus you fucking dumbass

2) You usually don't get +20 to hit until 10th level or so unless you're a power gamer

3) You still hit more often that at 1st level and can BTFO lower level creatures.

5e is no different with the infinite treadmill. It just does it differently.

Armor Class is not a bonus. It is clear you do not know how to play D&D. Stop talking , child.

How do I build a merchant? I was leaning towards nonvariant human bard from the college of lore, who has above average everything but strength and is exceptionally charismatic. I also thought of making a Battle Master fighter to get the same sort of tactics that Torneko himself does randomly in combat, but I wasn't sure how to organize his stats at that point.

idk but they will probably rape your character

I'm the one DMing here so I hope not, he should be very far from here off in a different campaign

Kick them out as soon as you can find an excuse. I had a girl in my group try to start fucking one of my friends and as a result he missed multiple game days. I kicked them both out and sent them a video of me burning their character sheets. After that succubus destroyed my friend's gaming career, I have a pretty much ban-on-sight opinion of female gamers. I'd allow in the fat ones but they fart a lot and in general have a bad attitude.

There are a lot of red flags to watch out for in new D&D players:

> children ("oh sorry I can't come this weekend I have to watch the little guy while my wife is out fucking other men")
> part-time job with unstable schedules ("oh sorry I can't come I have to work that night")
> women ("oh teehee which one is the d20 again?")
> fat people ("oh did I eat all the potato chips? heh, sorry")
> anime faggots ("why won't you let me base my characters off of helsing??")
> people who laugh too much ("lololol I want to play a retarded bard with 5 Int HAHA I ROLLED A NATURAL 20 YOU HAVE TO LET ME DO IT")
> edgelords ("but drow are a core race now. why can't I play one? what do you mean I'll get lynched in every fucking village I go to??")
> gay people ("but the book says I can play as a gay man! I'm gonna go hit on every man in teh city to make the DM uncomfortable. Wait why is my character getting stabbed to death by the town guard??")
> New DMs ("lol so I'm going to basing this campaign off of Skyrim")

Fuck em. All of em. This really should be added as a sticky in advice for DMs of which players to avoid.

Hi Craig!

yeah i'm jk. my group had a girl in it but she left.
another group that i might start and dm for would also have 2 (OR MAYBE EVEN 3) girls in it. we'll see though.

Your list is mostly good, but you should add
>people who get bent out of shape about what other people play

I don't really know if there's a way to go about it, but could you make a character in 5e who just uses natural attacks like bites/claws/tails/breath, some kind of crazy Dragonborn Monk or something?

The most cringeworthy thing I ever saw as a DM came from a woman. Her female character wanted to get engaged in-game to another female character played by a guy (who had saved her character's soul, to be fair) , so she physically roleplayed getting on one knee to present a ring.

The women in my games haven't been bad so much as completely useless. Their contributions to the game, both in and out of combat, could be accomplished by thin air. I do still get amusement out of the one who thought she could Sneak Attack with a Firebolt (which she got from Magic Initiate).

>all them prejudices
You sound like a peach.

>gay people ("but the book says I can play as a gay man! I'm gonna go hit on every man in teh city to make the DM uncomfortable. Wait why is my character getting stabbed to death by the town guard??")
FUCKING THIS
Literally the first thing he did in a game
>your trader caravan circles the wagons and begins starting fires and pitching tents
>"Are there any other dwarves around?"
>two mountain dwarf brothers who run an armor stand
>"I hit on them."
>wait what
>long story short, he fails and the the dwarf brothers call him weird
>for the rest of the campaign he dogs me to put a husbando in his path
>I don't give it to him but I don't kick him becasue the others like him and he's actually a great RPer, plus not many other DnD players on base, have to fight Pathfinder group for playing space
>finally manage to dodge it until is PCS my ass outa there to live ten states away

N4-converting user here again. A big part of N4 is the randomness and organic creation of adventurers, I was thinking about how to best convert this to 5th edition.

Something like:
>three arrays of 1e AD&D Method 1, keep two best arrays
>choose one array from the two you kept, this is your first character
>the other array is for your backup character (N4 has a mechanic where backups can be introduced as part of the story)
>depending on stats, choose race for your characters; need above average DEX/INT for a High Elf, etc.
>race confers no ability bonus, and any cantrips or magical abilities granted by the race must be trained as any class ability (N4 rules)
>any proficiencies or feats granted by race will be available for training or granted when they hit lvl 1
>any non-magical abilities (darkvision, Relentless Endurance, etc.) granted by race are available from creation
>no Dragonborn, because fuck you
>only SCAG Tiefling
>choose or roll one tool proficiency and one skill proficiency, this replaces the ones usually granted by your background

Also, here's the map for the temple of the goddess, intended for use with roll20.

The women in my game are the only ones who take notes, and remember NPC's from 8 sessions ago or keep track of random seemingly innocuous items that end up being important later.

My circle is 90% married late 20's/ early 30 somethings.

Just let them pick or roll a background instead of the proficiency shenanigans. Makes more sense for a lvl 0 commoner.

I never had a problem just saying, "I'm not interested in roleplaying your fantasy love life."

Nah those people can stay.

>You sound like a peach.

What does this even mean.

I have a nearly identical story, except for this part.
>I don't kick him

I put up with it for the session, but never invited him back.

Hey Veeky Forums what adjusted rules do you guys play with for 5e?

My party has been fiddling with something similar to to 3.5 sunder mechanic were armor can degrade with dmg. Lets say target AC is 15. 1-5 atckr misses, 6-10 defndr dodges, 11-15 armor is hit ticking off 1 point of AC. 15 above target takes true dmg. It upsets me that armor is invulnerable in 5e. AC=Base+dex+Armor. Once the armor value ticks to 0 the gear breaks.

Just wondering if any of you guys have adjusted combat in anyway? 5e combat system just isnt as fluid as I would like.

It means he wants to put his meatwad in your bum-bum.

1) You're right, armor class isn't a bonus. The point was to illustrate that the later 'monsters' in my anecdote had an average AC value 19 higher than those when the player had 20 less to-hit bonus.
2) Yes, and?
3) I never said that you didn't hit often at low levels, just that your chance to hit an 'appropriately scaled' monster doesn't significantly increase. Being able to instagib low CR monsters is unnecessary, as it eliminates them from the DM's toolkit. "Oh, uh, kobolds couldn't touch you guys. Luckily the bad guys behind this plot are ARCTIC KOBOLDS which are exactly your CR and a lot like kobolds but recolored and with an ice attack.:
4) I number my points, that makes me a better deb8r too!!
The "infinite treadmill" isn't a thing in 5e because it isn't infinite. Bonuses max out at a relatively low number compared to previous editions. An attack with maximum proficiency bonus and capped skill is just +11 to hit. There's no need for inflated numbers just for the hell of them, and that's great.

What I said was
>"It is not my responsibility to tailor fun to your exact liking's."
>lol yes it is ur the dm

I kind of miss my old group though. All I have now to DM for is a low-energy roommate and a guy from Texas who would rather spend his weekends getting smashed.

Female D&D players are really only good if you can get them to hook up with you. If they say no, kick them out. That's really the best way to handle it.

>, "I'm not interested in roleplaying your fantasy love life."

That's how you get the entire group flipping out at you

> what's wrong with gay people
> whats wrong with sex
> i bet you don't get laid faggot

I fucking hate this shit. There's sex in every fucking movie out there, just leave it out of my goddamn D&D campaign.

That works better, yeah. Especially considering there's special information and crap for characters with some kind of sailing background (and one is required to safely escape the island).

Medicine. By default it's kinda worthless, and forcing people to take the terrible feat which quickly becomes worthless after a few levels seemed pointless.

Basically how I do medicine is they roll their check and get the following:

1) Except they didn't, and hitting became much more common at higher levels.

2) And it was a core part of your example.

3) Yes it does you fucking moron. You hit equal CR monsters MUCH more often at higher levels because attack bonus eclipses AC gains. It also gets to the point where you don't have a fucking 20% chance to miss a fucking 1st level orc, which is fucking retarded.

4)

> The "infinite treadmill" isn't a thing in 5e because it isn't infinite.
> . An attack with maximum proficiency bonus and capped skill is just +11 to hit. There's no need for inflated numbers just for the hell of them, and that's great.

So by 10th level you still have issue hitting low level orcs. So Aragorn would be fucking 20th level given he barely missed a swing? You're retarded.

You only get 20% better at attacking by level 20. That's fucking stupid.

Why not just cap proficiency at +4 and leave it there the entire fucking game? That wouldn't have any inflated numbers either, you fucking retard.

> Clerics send us on a mission to deal with a group of wizards who've been summoning demons from their tower which has randomly materialized in the forest
> Arrive at the tower, looks surprisingly like the one we came from, even has a similar lock
> Get inside, everyone's already dead. Apparently they'd been massacred by owlbears they were creating
> Corpses look exactly like the clerics that sent us, but in evil wizard robes
> Fight a mimic disguised as a table and move on up the tower
> Next floor looks just like the first floor, down to the same furniture and wizard corpses, but instead of the table it's the door that's a mimic
> Looking out the doorway, find out we're on the second tier
> Third tier's just an empty floor with a weird ladder that somehow descends to the basement, but wasn't visible on the floors we visited
> Find a bunch of bears and owls, release them
> Also come across a very small chest mimic in some secret hatch, our rogue kills it
> Decide to leave since we've explored the whole tower and found nobody around, not even their leader
> As soon as we step out, we're standing on a giant tongue
> The tower sprouts arms and legs
> The whole fucking thing's a mimic
> Apparently even the corpses were a part of the tower mimic
> Even though apparently people had been feeding/fusing a bunch of owls and bears
I'm so confused now...

So when our gaming group got together for a new campaign, one of our players went Favored Soul on the basis that another player was playing as a Cleric and so healing was taken care of.

>in the middle of session
>zombies
>zombies everywhere
>Sorc: Hit them with radiant damage user!
>Rogue: Nah, I'll just use my bow. My goddess approves.
>Sorc: What.
>Later
>Rogue: I'll just go ahead and pick the lock
>Sorc: What the hell?
>Rogue: I have double-proficiency
>Sorc: FUCKING WHAT!?

Suffice it to say he was not amused the "Cleric" was in fact a Rogue who was a priest in training. Sorcerer told me (DM) later that he now welcomed death and hoped a TPK would happen, just to teach the Rogue a lesson about party composition.

Is he right to be upset? Or, should he be THIS salty? The Rogue has since taken Cleric levels, but I know both these anons. The Rogue/Cleric is a dipshit when it comes to "optimization" (in that he likes playing mechanically unsound characters), and the Sorcerer can be a little spiteful when you screw him up. Should I be worried?

Pic unrelated.

>I have to hit every attack all the time or the game isn't cool enough for me
I don't get this.

If the players are non-shit, you don't need a healbot of any kind. Especially not with the lenient full-HP on a long rest system introduced in 5e.

>I'm so confused now...
Just as planned.

>Should I be worried?
Always be worried if you're a DM.

One of them dropped that adventure. Survived, but not by much, and it was the Sorc.

>Always be worried if you're a DM.
Obviously, but should I be more worried than is practical/usual?

Yeah, he actually does have some reason to be upset in that he was misled out of character. He asked about party composition, was given an answer, relied on it, and it came out that the answer he was given was incorrect after he relied on it. That's going to piss off most people.

I don't know if you should be worried, per se, but you should probably brace for some social problems. If nothing else you probably lost a tone of credibility and that's going to be a bigger pain in the long run than a blowup.

You shouldn't need a dedicated healbot but unless your DM is being extremely lenient with the healing kit rules your going to need at least some sort of supernatural healing for when people get dropped during the fight.

>"lol on a nat 20 you can do anything!"
Fuck you! I played your stupid game and the party thief stole my dagger without me noticing WHILE I WAS HOLDING IT IN MY HAND THE WHOLE TIME

i have a huge love hate relationship with naruto, in that i love it, but its fucking stupid most of the time. heres hoping for a Pluto style reboot that adds some good plot and characterization to a show with imo some of the best fights and abilities of all time.
also i miss when they were just wandering around fighting criminal ninja, the end was a little too much super super duper powers for me.
I'm working on homebrewing a bunch of jutsu as half spells have monk abilities, but they aren't done yet, and they aren't done in a kind of embarrassing way, or I would post a WIP.

I don't have to hit every attack, just 95% of them against FUCKING FIRST LEVEL MONSTERS when I am FUCKING TENTH LEVEL

So sick of 5e, it's a fucking whiff-fest and your character hardly improves at all, except for "le new abilities" which are just more once-a-day bullshit to keep track of.

It's from the last fight of Naruto SD, a chibi spinoff focused on Lee. Only video I could find outside of a whole episode:
youtube.com/watch?v=GE0cNTLP8LY
Still gets kinda beaten up, but it's a better ending than the show itself.

Does anyone use miniatures for their games? Are there any good brands that arent too expensive?

I assume most people either don't use maps for combat or just use other shit to represent their players and monsters.

Seems like the republicans are out on Veeky Forums tonight.

I use tokens. Used to use pogs, then went to miniatures, and now I just use generic tokens.
Miniatures are just too much of a hassle, and I personally don't think they ever added much.

Nowadays, I actually prefer to keep things in the "Theater of the Mind" as much as possible, so I actually have largely stopped even pulling out the map all that much anymore, only using it when there's a large group.

I mostly use paper tokens and paper "pawns" but reaper bones are fairly cheap.

They've been here, user.

Two words my friend: Lego Minifigs
Easily interchangeable to be an approximate representation of a character. The more you have, the more you can do with them. Plus there are plenty of people that have buckets of them lying around, and easily purchasable in bulk on ebay.

Certain D&D and Pathfinder minis can be found on places like eBay and Troll & Toad for $1-$2 each. Others are ludicrously expensive, including any named characters and all dragonborn for some reason, but I've kind of used this as a guide for what sorts of encounters to run. Find something you can field twenty of and make a big impression.