Stat me

Stat me

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/A9gaBUSd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First, tell me what happened to the Androsynth.

They were *seen* you do not want to be *seen*

canonically their experiments with dimensional physics lead to their destruction by entities from outside of time and space. The Orz. A small number of them escaped in a fleet however.

*an entity

Flaws
*quick babies* always *jumping in front* - 1 pt

*fingers*

Size/Type: Large *Happy* *People Energy*
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (–1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), *party* 10, flat-*fingered* 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: *GO! GO!* +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 *GO! GO!* +9 melee (1d6+5) and *dance* +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved *party*
Special Qualities: *Smell*
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, *Smelling* +8
Feats: *Camping*, *Spicy*
Environment: *Bright* and *smooth* *heavy space*
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3–8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: *Outside*
Advancement: 6–8 HD (Large); 9–15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

This is the best copypasta.

I think statting would count at *seeing*.

I don't want to see.

pastebin.com/A9gaBUSd

>A small number of them escaped in a fleet however.
Can I have a source for this?

I believe a dev mentioned (when asked if *all* androsynth had been annihilated) that the interviewer was very canny, and that that had been an idea on the burner for SC3.

Post YFW there will never be a SC3.
I said THERE WILL NEVER BE A SC3

But there will! I think Stardock or Paradox got the rights, can't remember which.

I honestly forgot that that was a thing, but a quick google search shows me that the last news about it was back in 2015. Hope springs eternal though.
Also it's Stardock.

Why all the hate for Star Control Thr--er, I mean, for Star Control Fanfiction?

Now this is how you copypasta.

I unironically liked SC3, probably because it was first game of that name I've played and among the first ones in general and the abundance of freedom and exploration felt pretty cool, as well as all the more or less cool aliens...

then again there were things I even then considered cringeworthy, like at times elementary school tier jokes, or lackluster cutscenes.

And well, then I got to SC2 and was amazed.

okay in 1 you have a game based around various pulp scifi tropes. 2 takes that and runs with it getting a little more serious in some designs but sticking to the 30s-70sish pulp scifi roots it's a setting that has a place for whimsical bird people, irish pterodactyls, 90% female space refugees, lovecraftian parrotfish, fungal blobs that destroy worlds, etc etc...

then you get to SC3 and they systematically strip out as much whimsy as possible. The puppets were impressive, I like puppets. But when you compare them to the artwork and animation of 2 it's just...

they don't measure up and the story was really lack luster in some places. It's pretty much declared noncanon for a reason.

Everybody in this thread can now be *smelled*.

At least we're not *silly cows* or *happy campers* right? ...Right?

GO GO GO

They're gonna need one hell of a glory device for this one.

On a spooky scale on 1 to 10, they are a NOPE/too spoopy.

Hmm. I hope we get to see the Taalo come back from *pretty space*.

I hope we get to explore *pretty space*.

Yeah!

every time someone mentions star control on Veeky Forums I want to boot it up again

but I don't think I want to see how it's aged since I last played it

It hasn't.

*FRUMPLE!* There will be *dancing* until we enjoy some of your *special sauce* if you *sad animals* don't turn into *happy campers* right the hell now.

Orz fucking rock. I hate when they come up in a thread on Veeky Forums and none of the neckbeards know who they are.

I've always meant to drop something similar into one of my tabletop games.

>tfw have never even played it, just read the wiki in its entirety

I recently got interested and looked up the dialogue sections for most of the game on youtube.

Man, among a lot of the cheaper and more silly stuff, there's a bunch of actually terrifying and interesting potential and story building there, and viewed on the whole it gives the impression of much larger questions within this rather silly framework. Plus the biggest of the bad guys are terrifying.