pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Psyker
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Last Thread

What other perks remove requirements like wands and catalysts and the like?

Right, enough dilly dallying. Time for another Gamer/Minion Master Toss.

Also, as a note since last thread it seemed some people were confused about this. He has the Mentality of a Gamer, you don't have to send him to Vidya-based settings.

The Gamer Chain-
Concept-Overlord Native-Chain, a Gamer like Ainz who got sucked into the New World. Built the way I would build a character for an MMO, Minions and Buffs for Minions.
Has a Gamer mind-set for most of the chain, trying to exploit anything he can, and to get more Minions and Buffs.

Companions- Forsetti, Gnarl, Lilith, Mooks, Lupa d'Angela, Akitsu, Yashima, Haihane, Waddle Dees

Speaking of wandless magic- could I achieve it by placing a lot of wand core material in conduits through my body (for instance, replacing nerves with dragon heartstring)

What's the first thing you do when you get depowered?

Alright, changelog at the bottom again.

Unless I forgot something or missed something else, I'm about to upload it to the drive.

You doomed us all

So, Jumpers. What is the dumbest thing you have done that somehow worked?

I calmed the Hulk down by playing rock and roll on top of the helicarrier. As a catgirl. Because Ranma. It worked. I think Tony had a stroke at that point.

Breath.

I just need 100cp more to get everything I need

>replacing nerves with dragon heartstring
What the actual fuck. How could you do that?
Also, I doubt it'd work. The wood in the wand is a necessary component too.

>Implying I haven't prepared for this scenario.
Batman Mode.

Neat. I'm assuming the mind-transfer ability of Omega Technopathy doesn't empower the electronics with your Jumper abilities?
I know we shouldn't have to ask this question, but I figured I get it out of the way.

What song did you play?

I don't understand why he was so surprised. Being angry doesn't mean you can't have good taste in music

Dude, we see many examples of wandless magic via people just being practiced witches and wizards.

Just do your damn schooling and stop being a weirdo.

>Implying I haven't prepared for this scenario.
>Batman Mode.
That's the basic answer there. If you're not one of the most dangerous individuals alive in the setting even without your powers, you're doing something wrong.

Holy Lonely Night. Thank you, Macross.

I know, right?

In my Imperium jump, I used the time-prolonging drawback to get myself a couple centuries as a space marine, worked my way up to chapter-master, then pulled a big boss and faked my death. I left my body double in my wake as my impersonator, then changed my appearance and went to work as a merc for the deldar, slowly working my way up their ranks through exploiting opportunities I had laid out for my future self in the commoragh jump. At the end of this process, I took their intact STC, left some exterminatus-tier weaponry set to blow, and booked it to Mars.

I got put in the deathwatch for the remainder of my time there, and my deldar GF from "love can bloom" was pissed. But fuck it, it was worth it.

>What the actual fuck. How could you do that?
[Prototype], son.

>>Just do your damn schooling and stop being a weirdo.
pls no bully

Daily reminder that Slytherin is the worst house because it gets filled with eleven year olds who think they're cunning and ambitious.

Reminder that No Cheating is the best perk for this if people don't like the idea of being shit tier when depowered.

That can apply to all the houses- Gryffindor is filled with pretentious faggots that are all "oh look at us and how brave we are"

Depowered usually also includes perks, user.

It really is. It's like the patron perk of all Gauntlets.

But not the skills you've practiced and mastered by having that perk, you silly goose.

Where is that perk from

What's fun with Slytherin is playing the game of "how edgy can you get before they start saying 'dude, too far'."

What's it from?

Stop being a weirdo and just practice like a normal wizard instead of being a blob-monster.

Oh, Gryffindor and Ravenclaw are both terrible, but a kid who thinks they're brave and tough or a kid who thinks they're smart will never be as insufferable as one who thinks they're cunning.

This is also why Hufflepuff is the best house.

EXCEED weapon Devil Arm Arm'd the HOLY DEMON SMITING SWORD Balmung (Ragnarok 13th Scenario reward)

>Devil Buster and Dark Slayer Styles
>Holy Mechanical Knight Devil Trigger Stand with Weapon projections

Shit. Just realized I had forgot to clarify that the Mind Transference Device requires you to overpower the other person's mind.

So, here's that.

I'd say it probably wouldn't but that's ultimately up to individual fanwank.

I'm literally retarded.

You can change your biology without being a blob, and whether or not you're a monster is entirely subjective.

Honestly, I'd say that it depends on the kid more than the attribute. Ideally, the hat chooses the ones that are ACTUALLY cunning instead of just idiotic faggots.

VtM: Bloodlines?

Ad-hoc magic from Vampire Diaries lets you fudge rituals, iirc.

Sure

So in Narnia, what did Lion Jesus think of you?

>Vampire Diaries

Oh boy.

>House for fat kids and the unambitious
>Best

>[Prototype], son.
Nigga that makes no sense at all.
How the hell is being a [Prototype] gonna let you co-opt magical dragon heart tendons and conduct nerve signals through them?

Ted, who lights up the night.

If anything, that could even result in a lot of pressure. Imagine if a kid got sorted into Ravenclaw, and now they worried a lot because now they feel like they HAVE to be the smart one. If they're not smart, they're letting down their whole house.

Can you imagine how shitty it would feel to get sorted into a house that's supposed to exemplify an attribute that you lack?

So, Dark Sun. Is it worth it or safe to take the Apprentice path early in my chain without Drawbacks? I want to be an Avangion.

Well, he got real sick of me calling him Lion Jesus. He kept going on about "No, Son of Adam. I am a figure similar to Jesus, but not in fact Jesus himself, much like how Jesus is not the same as the Father. Further, your irreverent humor is confusing the other children, and I would rather you not make this experience any harder for them than is necessary."

You don't want to be a Hufflepuff yourself, but they sure are pleasant as sidekicks.

Apprentice is the only origin of any worth in Dark Sun.

So Impostor's Syndrome?

>How the hell is being a [Prototype] gonna let you co-opt magical dragon heart tendons and conduct nerve signals through them?

Simple, you can absorb and incorporate the biology and properties of anything you consume.

As for conducting nerve signals- yeah, probably better to call it a secondary system of its own. I compared it to nerves due to how it's used to conduct small, faux-electrical signals to all parts of the body at the behest of the brain.

I took Not A Tame Lion. So apparently not very highly.

It's from Traveler. It makes it so if you willingly limit yourself from using your abilities, you'll grow significantly faster in mundane ability as a compensation effect.

>worth it
yes.

>safe
no.

As long as you can get gud while there, you should be fine.

Don't think of Hfflepuffs as the house to go to, so much as the house to recruit people from.

I've been wondering lately, if I have Item Creation EX as a Servant, what would I need to start mass producing Noble Phantasms from thin air? Do I just need mana or do I need to get special materials first? Would a strong psychic power, enough multitasking and the ability to create matter suffice for this?

Find a gun. Find a confortable and secure organization where I can install myself.

Even after living millions of years, I'm still fond of the idea of not dying. I've seen everything, war and peace, love and hate, what technology and magic can do... So I can chill for a while if I'm depowered. Taking no risks, move slowly, and wait for my godly powers to come back so I can depopulate the entire place.

This is assuming I'm completely depowered. If memories still work, I guess that my knowledge of how people and society works could get me in a confortable position.

"No fun allowed" t. Lion jesus

Ah, but that's where the hat comes in, and sorts the ravenclaws from the hufflepuffs.

Eh, I think you're reaching, but you do you, mang.
It's your fantasy, have fun.

>Simple, you can absorb and incorporate the biology and properties of anything you consume.
No, you can't. The perk says nothing about that. Your shapeshifting is limited to human forms and living weapons. No assimilating traits from other biologies.

You need special & metaphysically potent materials.

Think of how most weapons in various mythologies are made, and work your way from there.

You didn't play the games did you?

>No assimilating traits from other biologies.

This directly contradicts what we see in the game, but whatever, I'm far enough along in my chain for it to be obsolete anyway.

I think it's that guy, you know, the one that was all MINECRAFT CAN'T DO THIS EVEN IF THE JUMPMAKER SAID IT COULD?

>Think of how most artifacts in various mythologies are made, and work your way from there.

>tfw Gleipnir was made from the sound of a cat's footfall, the beard of a woman, the roots of a mountain, the sinews of a bear, the breath of a fish, the spittle of a bird

Welp.

Honestly, this place has a lot of THAT GUYs.

I took Not A Tame Lion, so he was a total dick. Sometimes he'd sit on my house with his fatass lion body and make the roof cave in. Sometimes he'd lead people to me that I didn't want to see.
Sometimes an avalanche would happen in the snow.

But the real kicker came when I asked him WHY he was doing this.
He asked me in turn, "Wasn't this what you asked for?"
I didn't have a response for that, and I didn't ask again.

> "I hope the price was worth it."

Even if that's how it worked if the games, the perk doesn't list that among the feats the perk is capable of, so it's powers are unable to do so.

He never said a word to me, strangely. He just stared blankly, like a disapproving relative. I think he was well aware of a common trend in my chains. The correct answer is 'massive amounts of collateral damage'.

Usually he'd show up when I was seconds away from doing something stupid. And wouldn't go away until I stopped. It was unnerving.

Yes, but what the perk offers you is explicitly weaker than what Mercer and Heller have. take the decreased durability and regeneration compared to them, for example.

Oh, it's you! Hi! Go away.

I'm currently in that situation!

Jump 015: Fallout
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Wild Wasteland [+0]
One-Hander [+200]
The Reunion [+300]
Identity: Vault Dweller [-100]
Tags: Repair, Science, & Speech
Perks:
Educated [Free]
Cult of Personality [-300]
Jury Rigging [-150]
Certified Tech [-300]
Kama Sutra Master [-600]
Gear:
Food Purifier [Free]
Pipboy 3000 [-100]

Also, ESPer powers took not as huge a hit in this world. Though that's because of these guys.
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Psyker
>you are welcome to make use of the psykers and their potential from Fallout, but I'd be careful - the psykers in Fallout show some pretty over-the-top mutations that could take the world to Childhood's End faster than you can say "uh, his eyes are glowing?"
Knew nothing about them before this. The Reunion was basically the guy ranting about me and my true nature and how he's ready, cause he's faster, stronger, and more intelligent than I am.
My response.
"Yep, you are in every way my superior, however I have a counter to you." Then before he could even speak Worst teleported in with the nuke from megaton, already in the midst of countdown, and whisked me away. "I've got a best friend." I said with a smile.

It has a few, but the worst one is a particular idiot with no life.

>>tfw Gleipnir was made from the sound of a cat's footfall, the beard of a woman, the roots of a mountain, the sinews of a bear, the breath of a fish, the spittle of a bird
In fairness, this was back when these things still existed, so it's not quite that impossible.

If they were actually cunning they wouldn't be advertising it, they'd beg the hat to put them into the house known for either foolhardy heroes or loyal nobodies.

Not him, but... even if that works, you're probably not going to be able to cast "wandlessly" with that.

For one, you'd still be missing the wood... and for another, wands are /probably/ more complex than just grabbing a core and slapping some wood around it. Atleast I'd guess so.

If you could just cast with your wand core alone, Veela would just be using their hair for it, Bayonetta-style, instead of getting wands with Veela-hair.

Don't the in-game Prototype abilities just absorb abilities from Redlight strains? Or did I miss stuff? Didn't play much of it...

Yeah, it's because of Gleipnir that they don't. They all got used up making it. Except the spittle of a bird and the sinews of a bear. Pretty sure those still exist. And I guess technically women can still grow beards, though it's a lot rarer. So they used up most of the supply of those things making Glepinir.

>No assimilating traits from other biologies.
I think that user is reaching, but Prototypes CAN canonically mimic other creatures abilities after consuming enough of them. Granted, most of them were lifeforms infected with Blacklight, and 99.9% of those were made off of a human base, but the point stands.

I still don't think it'd be capable of assimilating blatantly magical abilities, though.
It'd throw up the biological equivalent of error 404 if you tried.

But I think you're just going to try and start shit, so I guess this'll be the last time I engage you.

Or.

You just practice magic like a normal wizard until you can tell the wand to fuck off.

Never underestimate the potential popularity of the nakedly ambitious.

[insert political reference here]

No, I'm not trying to start shit. I'm just saying, the perk gives you a gimped version of Prototype powers. If it gave you proper Prototype abilities I'd be fine with it, but it's explicitly more limited than what Heller or Mercer could do.

Jump # 10 Dragonlance

Starting Area: Solace (Free)
Starting Age of Krynn: War of the lance (free)

Background: Warrior (50)
Race: Human (free)

Perks:
Party (300)
Alignment – L.G (Free)
Tall Enough, X 2 (50) (Fighter & Monk)
Combatant (Free)
Fighter X 2(300, Discount)
Monk (150, Discount)
Legend (300, Discount)

Equipment:

Adventuring gear (50)

Moduals:

11th our Hero (+ 200 CP)

Yukari
Origin: Arcane
Race: Human
Perks:
*Alignment: C. G.
*Tall Enough
*Arcane Adept
*Tower Trained
*Archmage of high Sorcery
Equipment – Ring of Spell Resistance

Amy
Origin: Divine
Perks:
*Alignment: L.G.
*Tall Enough
*Acolyte
*Cleric
*Epiphany
*Equipment – Merch
*Equipment – Adventuring kits
*Equipment – Dosh

Arcueid
Origin: Divine
Perks:
Alignment: N
Tall Enough
Acolyte
Druid X 2
Noble
Caster
Origin: Arcane
*Alignment: N.
*Tall Enough
*Arcane Adept
*Tower Trained
*Archmage of high Sorcery
Equipment – Ring of Spell Resistance

Akitsu
Origin: Rogue
Perks:
*Tall Enough
*Alignment: N.G.
*Footpad
*Rouge
*Lucky in Loot
Equipment – Adventuring Gear
Equipment – Magic Item, Minor (Studded Leather + 1)

Len
Origin (Arcane)
Perks:
*Alignment: N.
*Arcane Adept (free)
*Hedge Mage – Sorcerer X 4

…Maybe you could get those things with that one perk from Civilization?
The one that let's you interact with nature like it's a living thing? Waifu the wind.

Sure, safer than any of the other origins early chain, but you still might be in for a bad time.

One can be flamboyantly cunning.

>Not him, but... even if that works, you're probably not going to be able to cast "wandlessly" with that.

Hmm. From what common sense would imply, if wands act in a similar manner to wires, conducting magic, then the cores would be the actually conductive part with the wood merely acting as insulation. If other magic-insulative materials could be found, or if the human body is magic-insulative by nature (strong possibility given that spells don't go through people) then surely, it could be used in such a manner. Veela hair can be dismissed due to its unprotected, external nature.

Eh. My mistake for trying to apply fucking logic to the LE MAGIC MEME :DDDD

>Don't the in-game Prototype abilities just absorb abilities from Redlight strains? Or did I miss stuff? Didn't play much of it...

The other creatures were mutated by redlight, but I don't see that as a reason for them to be of "other biologies".

I'm a Jumper, and a Slytherin. I'm better than normal wizards by definition.

>Yes, but what the perk offers you is explicitly weaker than what Mercer and Heller have. take the decreased durability and regeneration compared to them, for example.

But over a couple of decades, couldn't you build it up like they did?

So, now that is done where to next, /JC?

The level of Nostalgia here is overwhelming. I must say another great jump that I am glad I get to include in this run. I had to go almost total crunch here which is a little sad because I get the sense the person who made the jump wants you to just use the rules more as guidelines but I needed hard numbers for the crap I am going to need to pull off. In my other run I think I will try it the other way.

So my badass normal prep ends here. All in all I combined two of the weakest classes and a bunch of out of context powers to create a monster. By the end of the jump I am immune to ranged attacks including magic that I can see and can send them right back to the person firing them. I also took legendary wrestler. Sadly I didn’t get to suplex any Dragons though. I did suplex Lord Soth though and he didn’t appreciate it much. I had disarmed him and was grappling him to try and keep him from flinging spells and shifted my balance a bit and introduced him to the ground.

I think he felt insulted because I became his favorite target for his killing spells.

It was fun to journey with the heroes of the lance. I got to become friends with several of them. I had to make sure to get Yukari to craft a tracer spell and put it on all of my items to make sure Tasslehoff didn’t walk off with any of my stuff.

The Dragon Army got wrecked. I managed to bring the good dragons back early, and manipulate things so that people actually got their stuff together and opposed them a lot sooner. I managed to save Flint though… his fighting days were done; He managed to get a few more years in at least. I also saved Sturm and broke Kitiara’s arm doing so. She made it a bit of a vendetta to kill me then… Thankfully Dalamar took care of her for me. Tanis pined for her for a bit but then moved on to Laurana.

>But over a couple of decades, couldn't you build it up like they did?
Or go to Zerg right afterwards and call it a day.

Have you ever had to fight an old friend, Jumpers?

>But over a couple of decades, couldn't you build it up like they did?
Maybe? I don't think this is the sort of thing where just training could increase it in strength, though. You'd need to do a more in-depth experimentation. Get access to the Redlight and Blacklight viruses in isolated form, breed them into mutant strains, and then assimilate those to expand the capabilities of your own strain.

Sea Turtles, Mate from pirates of the caribbean lets you roll to bluff the universe so you might be able to pull that off if you have Realm of Myths as well.

>"Why yes universe this is in fact the breath of a fish and I am offended that you would insist otherwise"

Did Worm post that thing with S&S that he talked about? If so, could somebody link it for me?

Jump #22: Ravenloft

Noble - 100
Sithcus

Demihuman (Elf) - 100
Blue Blood - 0
Trained Warrior - 50
Iron Will - 200
Magic - 200
Psychic - 600
Unassailable - 300

Sack of Gold - 0
Trusty Steed - 0
Silver Hand Mirror - 50

Me and My Shadow + 300
Holy + 200
Unwanted Harem + 100

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, besides chasing down my evil twin and constantly being attacked by two groups of monsters for very different reasons.

Actually, does Holy affect Unwanted Harem? Does it make the monsters more violently yandere or tsundere or something?

Not yet, no.

>Stupid paladin, it's not like I wanted to corrupt your soul~

No, you are most definitely not!

That said, (re)build time. Yay.

Experiment: Ah, those nostalgic Infamous memories of pain and torture.

Every Time: That's pretty nice.

Spatial Warping (600): I'll never get tired of this perk. Actually - can I warp MY insides? Please?~
Telekinesis (800): Some of these feats are not like the others.
Telepathy (800): Can't go without this.

Canon Companion (200 CP): Remember how I promised to watch First Class? Now I have to watch DoFP and Apocalypse to figure out if there are good people to bring along. Worst case scenario, might as well go for Spatial Omega. What would that do, incidentally? Original description doesn't really make note of neither range nor speed of the power.

Dudepeel No More: ...Also, watch Deadpool. Gods, I am behind.
What do they call you? Wheels? (100 CP): Yup, still Liddell. Especially what with...
Rogue Powers: Constantly shrinking myself. And floating regularly. And thinking out loud in a rather unique way, if you know what I mean.
Mysterious Past (500 CP): Good thing government will have bigger problems in a moment!~

The End Times: So. That'll be fun.

~~~

In a nutshell? Sorry Jack, but I still can't resist the powers section.

But honestly, the jump is even better now. Thank you for the great writing.

Truly, Bard Jumpers are best Jumpers.

Make sure my hooves are still there.

Yes, I went Rank 1 Bestial in Body Mod. I regret nothing. And everything. Simultaneously.

So, wait, how does this work? Like, what, if I'm a really strong psychic does it just make me learn to be super good at things I'd use it for? What happens if I turn off my super strength and durability? Or my borderline supernatural charisma?

Maybe this can help? I'm not really sure how 'exotic' that is. I could always cast wishes for that.

>Thrifty Thaumaturge: Sometimes, you need to take shortcuts when performing magic. Luckily for you, you’ve turned what other magic users might call laziness into an art form. You can substitute similar regents for each other when performing rituals, casting spells, or when creating magical items. Recipe calls for bottled chi? How about some mana instead? Need soul gems? I’m sure you’ll find these diamonds will suffice. Need the blood of a dragon? I’m sure that lizard’s will do. This can’t be used to substitute ingredients that are integral to what you’re trying to do; for example, if you were trying to make a potion to copy someone’s appearance, and said potion required their hair or DNA or whatever, you’d still need to have that for the potion to work, and if a ritual calls for a specific item you’ll still need to have it. (400 CP, discount Mystic)

we've been together almost 70 years (my chain is still in the earlier stages)
He just got converted against us by a mind altering SCP and we only barely locked him up. He'll be okay by the end of the jump, but fuck, fighting him was a bitch.

My given example was if you usually fly everywhere, turning it off would increase your capacity to learn parkour/running, so if you've got mental abilities, you'd be able to learn normal human psychology a lot easier and use that to achieve similar effects.

Well, that's a good question, isn't it? I imagine for psychic powers, you'd become a lot better at cold reading and understanding people. For super strength and durability you'd pick up a lot of new fighting styles, plus some scientific skills. For supernatural charisma, you'd learn how to actually persuade and manipulate people instead of smiling and having panties suddenly disintegrate.

Bill user how bout you give me the next Jump.

I haven't been there yet.

I don't think he'd like me very much, though.

What if he knows what kind of person I was back on Earth?

What if he knows why I chose the perks I did?

>I'll never get tired of this perk. Actually - can I warp MY insides? Please?~
Maybe you could figure something out, but it's not /supposed/ to work that way.

>What would that do, incidentally? Original description doesn't really make note of neither range nor speed of the power.
Assume the "walk a mile in a single step" is the upper end of the Alpha power and would take a few seconds' concentration. I guess. Honestly, the range on a power that manipulates space is a little wonky to rule on.

>...Also, watch Deadpool. Gods, I am behind.
Definitely do that.

>In a nutshell? Sorry Jack, but I still can't resist the powers section.
Ah well, I tried.

>But honestly, the jump is even better now. Thank you for the great writing.
Glad you like it.

>Actually, does Holy affect Unwanted Harem? Does it make the monsters more violently yandere or tsundere or something?
"Your aura so strong and bright, just like y. . . Y-y-you stupid paladins always are, some of us don't like the sun."