/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

Lands edition!

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Art sources.
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

It's cool, but what about it makes it a "general"?

Interesting design, but I think the way it's worded can cause the game to end if one side is asymmetrical since it only goes away if BOTH players have no creatures. It should be something like "At the beginning of combat, if a player controls no nonlegendary creatures, sacrifice WAAAGH." or something to that effect.

Oh my.
So it deals 8 damage to creatures?
Maybe a bit op...

I didn't spend much time on WAAAGH
I just saw a guys puny atempt at something similar...

But now I want it to be reality!

Spend more time on it, then.

Some more Monster Hunter cards, this time focusing on the slightly more boring Hunters! Finding art for Insect Glaive was a bitch.

Ideas for another name that isn't plagiarising?
"Glory of Warfare" much to my shame, is taken.

Memory issues. Tracking things beyond the current turn is pretty much off limits in terms of design. Leave these sorts of effects for a digital card game.

Only War.

I'm not a name dude, put make something that reflects the nature of the card leaving nothing really intact, devastating both armies until only one remains.

>during the last three turns
Don't do that shit. As pointed out, that leads to memory issues when a computer can't track that stuff for you. That -14 isn't really good for an ultimate, not splashy enough. Also "play" hasn't been a term for a long time.

That's good

Put the bottom card of your library into your hand.

A 4/4 for four with massive upside is way overpowered. Lower its starting P/T or raise its mana cost.

Still toying with this. My biggest issue is the power of the recursion ability. I know it's useful to get something back, but in my head I keep thinking of all the things you could instead spend WUBRG on that are better.

Play is still a term for lands.
And 'impulse' effects that include lands.
>Act on Impulse

Meant "play" as a state rather than the action. Very true, though.

Pretty neat. It's powerful but definitely tricky to activate. I really like cards with five color activated abilities

Cool, thanks. Yeah, I like WUBRG too, it's just hard to come up with something good, especially when the card itself is mono-color. Colorless is a bit easier.

Ooh, this is going to be a hell of a tough sell. Since it's Gideon, I say just make it an equipment, but have it do something like Ghostfire Blade if it targets a Gideon.

CEASE THESE MEMES, I HAVE FIXED THE LAND

we already have a lich lord.
There can't be 2 :(
And dont even begin to argue dralnu would lose.

That's not exactly risky. Worst-case scenario is still +2/+2. Granted, you're an idiot for spending 6 mana on that, but still.

It became much wordy.
Had to read lots of rules, so many rules.
Still not sure about the wording of.
>All creatures attack and block each turn if able. If an effect would state that a creature can’t do so, ignore that effect.

Making this card has become the sole purpose of my life.

You don't need the "If an effect would state that a creature can’t do so, ignore that effect."

It's to prevent game lock down cause of prison abilities.

Oh shit, misread that thing. Yeah it's necessary. I don't know how to pare it down any more.

Or if a card says can't attack alone.
Or if a card has menace.
Or can't be blocked this turn.

It's to prevent this card to go on forever.
Even if that would be flavorful...

I think he could also possible word it like library of Leng, but it is probably better your way.
Like the idea, but I think it is too swingy as is. I'm taking it with cycling 2 and reducing the mana to 2, giving it a weak activated ability might also be decent idea.

Can't wait to see this in Commander.

It'd also be good in Modern or maybe even Legacy

Stronger that tarmogoyf in legacy/modern/vintage and probably most standards as well.
Terrible design, salvageable, just scrap it.
Isn't 4 mana for an uncounterable bolt and a ball lightning already too good?

>Terrible design, salvageable, just scrap it.
What's terrible? What's salvageable? Why scrap it if it's salvageable?

Why

>until end of turn
And
>Until end of turn, spells you cast can't be countered.

Too cheap maybe.
I mean omniscience is already broken.

Omniscience has the advantage of going for more than one card and also being playable with Show and Tell

Didn't really answer my questions. And I want to point out that the effect gets around timing restrictions and it's also an instant, so it will basically give the other spell Flash anyway.

Oh I missread it.
Then it's even more poorly worded.

>Reveal a card from your hand. You may cast that card without paying its mana cost.

Forget can't be countered.
You're already casting emrakul or omniscience.

Some neat commanders?

EDH

I think Sariath's art is already used.
It's at least from wizards.

>Then it's even more poorly worded.
You sure about that?

But do you really need 10 cards? Especially since it costs you 10 mana, leaving very little space to actually use those cards.

That is still better worded than yours.

How so? I just took that trigger and made it the card's effect.

Especially in blue.
"You may." is pointless.
Why even cast the card if you're not gonna use it.

The hand is a hidden zone. It there were no "you may" clause, the only way you could ever prove to everyone that you have no cards to use is by revealing your entire hand. Look, it is a super fringe thing, but it exists for a reason. There's also the case where your hand gets changed while the spell is on the stack, leaving you with cards you might not want to cast.

Wizard rarely "you may" anymore. (Only if you actually have more than one choice.)
Cards like Eldritch Evolution doesn't say anymore "You may put it onto the battlefield."
I did say before to instead word it >reveal.

But I can't find a recent card that cast shit for free. So I dunno.

It's a bit different for searching as you can always fail to find something.

equipment that gives planeswalkers more abilities? Neat idea.

I still think correct and best wording TODAAAY
Would be.
>Reveal a card from your hand. You may cast that card without paying its mana cost/without paying any costs.

No offense, but you haven't really demonstrated to me that you know enough about Magic for me to seriously take your advice on wording.

That's an entire different type of wording.
Maybe you don't want to put a creature on the battlefield.

If Wizards made Soul's Attendant today.
It's wording would be the same as Soul Warden.
Same for numerous other older cards.

Or if you don't even have a creature to put onto the battlefield.

>land edition
Exotic Orchard really isn't that good, is it? I figure it could use a slight upgrade.

Bedlam Reveler doesn't say >you may discard your hand and draw three cards
Asylum Visitor doesn't say you may draw a card and lose one life.
Awoken Horror doesn't say you may return all non-Horror creatures to their owners' hands.
Captain's Claws doesn't give you an option to put a 1/1 white Kor Ally creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.

They would say 'you may' 10 years ago.

No they wouldn't, because that changes the intention of the fucking card, you goddamn chuckleshit.

Yes, I know not everything uses "you may" I'm just saying that it needs to be used here.

And what about Bring to Light?

"Almost" "all cards" used to give you "you may".
Like whenever something created a token cause of something they gave you "you may".
Now the force you to put a token onto the batttlefield, ALMOST everytime, unless there's a cost or something else to do involved

Bring to Light isn't the type of card I'm talking about.
It gives you "you may" cause you might not want to cast whatever card you find.
Maybe you forgot the cost of the card you actually looked for and shit.

coming from a player who hates green more then any other color, 20/10. It should be made.
>Thanks academy ruins

Example Awakening Zone and From Beyond.

If they'd make Awakening Zone today, it would've been worded as From Beyond.
And vice versa.

>It gives you "you may" cause you might not want to cast whatever card you find.
Stop. Just stop. You obviously don't know as much as you think you do. Whenever you search, it's in the rules that you don't actually need to find a card.

Phyrexian Arena. Just one old card without a "you nay" clause. Besides, none of the examples you give are anywhere close to what my card does. Find examples that talk about affecting a card in a hidden zone, because those would actually be useful.

I've already said the wording for your card probably is "you may" as long as you first reveal it.

Phyrexian Arena isn't the type of card I'm talking about either. And it's black so it can in rare conditions be seen as a drawback.

Not a single costless token generator in BFZ has "you may".

While cards like Bant Sojourners in Shards of Alara, for no reason gives you "you may". IN TODAY'S STANDARDS.

You people are fucking deft.
>inb4 "This card from pre eight edition when wizards had no coherent way to do anything. :D"

Oni seems too flexible. And Deathtouch with death triggers, really?

Solarion is interesting. I might have to use that flavor on something of my own.

Mesmeric... Not sure if the choice should be up to you.

Not really a fan of monger stuff.

You're a retard. You stick your fingers in your ears and continually ignore what people tell you. Please leave and never come back.

Fallowsage says you may draw a card
It wouldn't today.
Boggart Mob says you may put a 1/1 black Goblin Rogue creature token onto the battlefield.
It wouldn't today.
Lys Alana Huntmaster woldn't have you may.
Quill-Slinger Boggart wouldn't have you may, and it would also say target opponent.
Wild Ricochet would say >Choose new targets for target instant or sorcery spell. Then copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.

Don't give a fuck. None of these cards are similar to mine, mister "Phyrexian Arena isn't the type of card I'm talking about." Still can't believe you actually had the gall to write that.

10 power for 5 mana no ty

Just pick any set after in modern prior to maybe RTR.
Then compare cards that say you may, with cards made after RTR (maybe earlier) that does the same thing except don't say 'you may'.

You can't find cards that say 'you may' after RTR unless it costs something, or could be detrimental if you cast it. (Wizard's tries to prevent retards like youself from accidentally killing yourself.)

What about atarka's command?

An old idea i had for a fixing land.

You may not have a land in your hand to put onto the batlefield.
If it just said "Put a land onto the battlefield.
New players might not know that game then ignores the... command, and keeps on going.
So wizards give you "you may".

Like when an effect tells a player with one card to discard two cards.

So just like the OP card?

>can target opponents lands
I'm sure this has more potential than Swampwalk.

Sure, but landwalk isn't a design concern for anything now anyway, its like being concerned about storm.
Also a colorless matters set common colored land.

What?

It's the same scenario as the original card.

and the blue version.

He's saying what if Brief Omnipotence is on the stack but you don't have a nonland card in your hand to cast with it? I mean, just for an example, you cast Brief Omnipotence to use on a Blighsteel, let's say. But in response, an opponent casts a spell that has you discard the Blightsteel. What then?

Well, just because something won't get printed in the future doesn't mean you don't need to worry about it being printed in the past.

Kormus Bell + Night of Souls' Betrayal

And I've already said it's probably "you may".
Only that it's also.
"Reveal a card from your hand." Then. "You may cast that card without paying it's mana cost."
Still think Wizards would word it some way different without "you may".