Dragonball Quest #63

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a sixteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

King Piccolo

>>youtube.com/watch?v=hzYw9NaxE9g

time to die!

Who will be the next to die?

Paying my respects to the Announcer: fffffffff

Pilaf

King Piccolo

"What about Master Korin?" you ask. "He's been around a while, so he might know something useful."

"An interesting thought," Roshi admits. "But Korin did nothing the last time King Piccolo ravaged the planet. I don't know that he'll be of much help now."

"He knew about Lucifer, and even Kami," you tell Roshi.

"Korin is very knowledgeable," Roshi admits. "But I know all about King Piccolo as well. I don't know what more he would be able to tell you. You should come back to Kame House with us, when we have a plan, we'll need your help."

Bulma nods. "Yeah, you can rest up there, and I'll make a freezing capsule to preserve Krillin."

You can hear a twinge of nervousness in her voice. Maybe she's worried about you, thinking you won't listen and will instead run off and get yourself killed.

But, you still suspect that Korin could be of some help. If nothing else, he can heal you up with one of his Senzu Beans. As you are now, you're pretty useless, and there's no telling how long it will take you to recover.

>A. Relent and go with what your friends want

>B. Insist on going to see Korin

>C. Something else

F
Dicks out for the announcer guy
A true bro
We didnt even know his name

>A

He doesn't need one, for to him, what he does, is what he is.
>B. Insist on going to see Korin with the Crane students

After considering your options, you ultimately relent and go with what your friends want you to do. Hopefully it isn't a decision you will regret.

Bulma sighs with relief. "Good."

"Well,there's nothing left to do around here," Roshi says. "Let's go home."

"Master Roshi," Tenshinhan says softly, carrying Krillin's body over. "Chaozu and I have been talking, and if it's alright with you, we'd like to come with you."

"Of-" Roshi starts before Launch cuts him off.

"That's a great idea!" the blonde woman says excitedly. "If you come to Kame House, I'll take good care of you. Cook for you, whatever."

"Trust me, you don't want a taste of her cooking," Oolong warns.

Bulma and Roshi nod in agreement.

Launch's face turns red. "Fine, I promise not to cook."

Unless you're seeing things, you're pretty sure Tenshinhan is blushing. That's a new one.

"Alright," Tenshinhan nods. "We're with you."

"What about Yamcha?" Chaozu asks.

"I'm not sure where he's gone," Tenshinhan answers. "For now, we'll just have to let him walk his own path."

>A. But he could be in danger

>B. Better get going, then

>C. Something else

>A. But he could be in danger

>>B. Better get going, then

>Dooming Launch to pursue Tenshinhan.

That's cruel Som. She could have gone for Yamcha instead.

>C. Can Chaozu contact him with his psychic powers?

"But, he could be in danger!" you protest.

"We're all in danger, my boy," Roshi tells you.

"Yamcha's strong," Tenshinhan assures you. "He'll be alright."

"Well, better get going, then," you tell the others.

The gang gathers up and leaves the ruined contest hall behind. You wonder what the reaction will be in four hours when people show up for the finals. It'll probably be chaotic and full of panic. Too bad you can't stick around and sort things out.

Your injuries cause you to lag behind the others. Bulma walks at your side, letting you lean on her as she helps you along. As the two of you follow your friends, you can't help but notice that Chichi keeps glancing back at you, an intense look on her face.

>A. Thank Bulma for the help

>B. Ask Bulma if she knows why Chichi keeps giving you that look

>C. Ask how long Launch has had a thing for Tenshinhan

>D. Say nothing for now

>E. Something else

>>A. Thank Bulma for the help

>>D. Say nothing for now

"So, how long has Launch had a thing for Tenshinhan?" you ask Bulma.

"I have no idea," she answers. "I didn't even know until she begged him to stay at Kame House. Never thought I'd see Launch drooling over a guy."

Yeah, it is pretty strange.

As the group continues onward, you pass Turtle, who was still on his way to the contest hall, following the others. Ox King picks him up and carries him the rest of the way. Once you're all a good distance from the tournament grounds, Roshi throws down a capsule, producing an airship.

"That's not gonna be big enough to fit us all," Oolong points out at once.

"I know, but this is all I brought," Roshi tells him.

"Well then, good for you that I'm around," Bulma tells the others, fishing into her pocket and producing a dynocap.

She throws it to the ground and produces a smaller ship before helping you inside it. Chichi and Ox King join the two of you, with the big man taking a window seat and Chichi sitting between the two of you.

The airship takes off and sets a course for Kame House.

Once the flight is underway, Chichi leans over and whispers to you.

"This Korin guy, is he strong?" Chichi asks.

>A. Very strong

>B. You aren't sure

>C. He made you and Krillin a lot stronger

>D. Why?

>E. Something else

>B. You aren't sure

>B. You aren't sure

"I'm not sure," you admit. "But, he made Krillin and I a lot stronger."

Chichi nods, a determined expression coming to her face. "And he lives in a place called the Sacred Land of Korin?"

You can see where she's going with this. Chichi believes what you said about Korin being able to help, or at least thinks going to see him could make her stronger. She's told you before that she doesn't much like fighting, but now you see a fire burning in her eyes, a need for revenge.

"Where is that place?" she asks.

>A. Tell her where it's located

>B. Tell Chichi you want to talk to her in private when you reach Kame House

>C. Try to talk her out of going to find Korin

>D. Something else

We're not her keeper. If she wants to know, she gets to know.

>B.
We can't let her fight, Krillin would want her safe

>B. Tell Chichi you want to talk to her in private when you reach Kame House
>D. "You're going to want to train some more before trying Korin. You have to be able to climb all that way."

You describe the location of Korin Tower, but tell her that you want to speak to her in private when you reach Kame House.

"Huh?" she asks, looking surprised. "Why?"

"You're going to want to train some more before trying to meet Korin," you warn her. "You have to be able to climb all the way up his tower."

"Well then, train me," she tells you. "You're strong, right?"

>A. Agree to help her out

>B. You can't right now

>C. Something else

>>A. Tell her where it's located
>>B. Tell Chichi you want to talk to her in private when you reach Kame House

>B, if we can convince the others to go there he might be able to help me heal

This

>A. Agree to help her out
>C. Offer to go to Korin Tower with her

"I can't right now," you tell her. "But if we convince the others to go, he can heal me up."

Chichi frowns, looking annoyed. "You heard them, they aren't going to go there. Waste your time or don't go if you want, but when we get back, I'm going."

>A. Fine, she can go alone

>B. Fine, you'll help her out

>C. Tell Ox King

>D. Something else

>>B. Fine, you'll help her out
We kinda owe her one for Krillin,

>D. But you'll need a proper Bear School uniform
Can we get Chi-Chi a weighted metal bikini with the Bear School Logo and Colors?

>Chi-Chi is our first student
Bitchin

>D. Something else
"Bulma, would it be possible for you or your dad to make a fake dragonball like the one's the shopkeeper had in that shop before the red ribbon army appeared and something similar to what Pilaf and his gang had that hid the last dragonball from us."
We should probably tell her that we need a way to avoid King Piccolo from gathering all the dragonballs since if he does get them all we won't be able to revive Krillin and have to wait a year and at the same time have to avoid him getting whatever he is planning to wish for.

How tall is ChiChi now? We're like Just a bit taller than Bulma right?

Yeah, she's about the same size as she was when you met her. She hasn't hit her growth-spurt yet

She's a year or two younger than us, and a girl, so probably just a tad taller than Goku.

"Fine, I'll help you out," you tell Chichi.

She smiles. "You will?"

You give her a nod. "But you'll need a proper Bear School uniform."

The girl gives you a confused look. "Bear School? What's that? And shouldn't we be more worried about training than the uniform? This Piccolo guy's after the Dragonballs, right? So once he gets all seven, we lose. We should hurry."

>A. She's right

>B. Ask Bulma if she thinks she could make something to hide the Dragonballs like Pilaf did

>C. Something else

>A. She's right
>B. Ask Bulma if she thinks she could make something to hide the Dragonballs like Pilaf did

>A. She's right

>C. But when this is all over, you're getting a Bear School Bikini

Tread lightly, user

>C. Something else
"Determination is one thing, impatience is another. If you go into a battle against these enemies impatient you'll die."

>A. She's right

>A. She's right

>C. Something else

Oh boy.

So Tofoo's pretty much #rekt
Tenshinhan is hurt.
Goku, Yamcha and Puar have gone afk.
We've got Roshi, Ox King, Chiaotzu, Launch, Chi-Chi, Bulma, Turtle, and Oolong also along for the ride.
Chi-Chi is gonna take a detour to Korin tower.

Since Chi-Chi didn't compete, that means she won't be a priority for Piccolo's minions.

What's the plan?
Stay as large a group as possible, collect at least 1 Dragonball, and try to heal up?

This, I am not happy that we are training Chichi but she can't go into battle with hate or revenge driving her. Those feelings can blind her and get her killed which is the last thing Krillin would want. If you guys are serious and Chichi is serious then she needs to know these things.

We can make it the standard uniform for females in our school. Jeez SOM, keep my pants on.

Oh yeah, that'll go over real well with all of your female friends

>Veeky Forums
>Serious
Hahahaha bro.
You look pretty. ;)

Just make it a bear school version of ChiChi's normal outfit. I mean it's what she already wears so whats the big deal?

>Not taking quests seriously.
Did you already forget what happened in Gotham?

This user gets it.
As long as we don't grope them we're better than any comparable martial arts master

oh god. never again

I just don't want her to turn into Yamcha and die to some random spawn of Piccolo

Also just have her normal outfit in the bear school colors

I still think Tien should climb Korin Tower if for nothing else but it being decent training, and to get some Senzus.

"You're right," you admit to Chichi before leaning up to talk to Bulma. "Is there a way you could hide Dragonballs like Pilaf did the last time we fought him?"

She glances back, a thoughtful look on her face. "Maybe, if we could figure out what he used to hide them. Or I could just try and figure it out on my own. Either way, I think I could do it, but it might take a while."

"We don't have a while," Chichi protests. "Piccolo is gathering the Dragonballs right now. And if he makes a wish before we do, Krillin can't come back for another year!"

"You need patience," you warn Chichi. "If you just rush into battle with these things unprepared, you'll die."

"But Chichi has a point," Bulma tells you. "That monster knew where to find the Dragonball. That must mean Piccolo has a way of tracking them. If he has a radar or something like it, he could find the balls any time."

>A. Good point

>B. Ask Bulma if she can drop you and Chichi off at Korin Tower

>C. Ask how much longer until you reach Kame House

>D. Something else

>B, if she asks why tell her it is because Korin has magic beans that can heal us

>C.

>>B. Ask Bulma if she can drop you and Chichi off at Korin Tower

>>B. Ask Bulma if she can drop you and Chichi off at Korin Tower

i keep forgetting to take that off. no wonder he got caught

"Can you drop me and Chichi off at Korin Tower?" you ask Bulma.

She looks back at you in surprise. "Why?"

"Korin has these special beans, Senzu Beans, that can fix me up," you explain to her.

"Well, alright, but what about Chichi?" Bulma asks in confusion.

"I want to learn from Master Korin!" Chichi insists.

"Isn't that what Krillin did to get ready for the tournament?" Ox King asks.

Chichi nods.

"Uhh...Chichi, I'm not so sure this is a good idea," Ox King tells her. "Remember how hard Krillin said it was?"

"I need to do this, Papa," Chichi insists. "For Krillin. I need to make sure he comes back, and I need to make sure I get strong enough to keep him from getting hurt again!"

There's that determination again. You can tell that she won't be dissuaded from doing what she needs to do, and judging by the look on Ox King's face, so can he.

He gives a heavy sigh. "Alright."

Bulma changes course, taking the airship in the direction of Korin Tower.

The radio crackles, and Oolong's voice comes on. "What's going on? Where are you going?"

"I need to make a quick drop-off," Bulma responds. "I'll meet you guys at Kame House soon."

"Alright, but be careful," Oolong tells her.

The flight continues on in silence for a while before Bulma speaks up again.

"Tell the truth, you don't just want to get fixed up, do you?" Bulma asks. "You think this Master Korin can help you somehow."

>A. Yeah

>B. Maybe

>C. You aren't sure, but you need to get fixed up, and Chichi wants to see him

>D. Don't answer

>E. Something else

>>B. Maybe

Is Chi-Chi wearing the metal bikini now? And any qualms aside, it does have the laser and the blade in it, which are useful.

>>C. You aren't sure, but you need to get fixed up, and Chichi wants to see him

Yes

"But those long whiskers of his aren't for show, he has had given some helpful advice and information in the past, plus you don't get a large amount of land named after you with the word "Sacred" in the title just for show.

>plus you don't get a large amount of land named after you with the word "Sacred" in the title just for show.
Unless your name happens to be Supreme Kai

"I'm not sure," you admit. "But I need to get fixed up, and Chichi wants to see him."

Bulma gives an unenthusiastic nod, possibly thinking this endeavor might be a waste of time.

"But those long whiskers of his aren't for show," you tell her. "He's helped me a lot before, and you don't get a whole land named after you for nothing."

"Whiskers?" Chichi asks.

"Right, he must be pretty old," Bulma comments. "So, do you want me to fly you to the top of this tower?"

You explain to her what Bora told you; planes and airships can't fly to the top of Korin Tower, since they'll run out of fuel before they can even see the top.

Bulma gulps. "You're kidding. And you climbed that thing? And you're going to try climbing it now? Tofoo, with how hurt you are, you'll fall right off."

"He'll be fine," Ox King tells her. "A boy like Tofoo can handle it. It's my little Chichi I'm worried about."

"I'll be fine, Papa," Chichi promises, though she sounds a little nervous.

You can see the tower in the distance, and Bulma sets a course directly for it, landing the airship at the bottom of it.

She helps you out of the ship and walks you to the base of the tower.

"So, I guess you don't want me to wait for you here?" she asks.

>A. No, this could take a while

>B. Say goodbye

>C. Give Bulma a kiss

>D. Start climbing

>E. Something else

>E. "I have some friends around. If you meet a father/son pair tell them you're my friend."

"Plus you need to start on making the device to hide the dragon ball and get everyone up to speed to look for the other dragon balls with that extra radar you made for me."

And this

>C.
Seconding this but also mention the heavier weighted gear she promised us

Seconding this, and mention the weighted metal bikini for Chi-Chi along with our weighted clothes

>D. Start climbing
To bad Bora and Upa aren't around, would have liked another boost up the tower.

"No, this could take a while," you tell her. "Besides, you need to get started on helping everyone with the Dragonballs."

"Right," Bulma nods.

"But if you see a father and son around here, tell them you're my friend," you instruct. "They take care of this place, so they don't always like visitors."

She looks around a bit nervously. "Alright...."

"And when this is all done, you promised me some weighted clothes," you remind her.

"Right, I remember, but let's focus on Piccolo first," Bulma tells you.

"Oh, and some weighted clothes for Chichi," you add.

"DO I LOOK LIKE A CLOTHING SHOP?" Bulma asks, annoyed.

>A. Apologize

>B. Say goodbye

>C. Ask Chichi if she's ready

>D. Start climbing

>E. Something else

>>C. Ask Chichi if she's ready
>B. Say goodbye

>E. No, shops don't do it for free
>>C. Ask Chi-Chi if she's ready

>A. Apologize

>"DO I LOOK LIKE A CLOTHING SHOP?"
She doesn't look like a black cyborg, no

>B. Say goodbye
"Haa, I missed getting scolded by you like that. Lightens up the mood a bit and you look better getting angry at me then having a worried expression on your face."

This but also apologize

"Haaa, I miss you scolding me like that," you tell Bulma. "Lightens the mood a bit, and you look better angry than worried."

You see a twinge of red in Bulma's cheeks. "Fine, I won't worry, then. But if you don't come back safe and sound, I am going to be very upset."

"Goodbye," you say to her with a smile.

"Goodbye," Bulma replies, giving you a warm hug. "Good luck."

Taking a step back, you look over at Chichi. "Are you ready?"

The girl gives a determined nod.

"Goodbye sweetie," Ox King tells her, seeming to be holding back tears.

He gives his daughter a bone-crushing hug that doesn't seem to bother her in the least, then heads for the airship with Bulma.

"So, we just climb straight up?" Chichi asks.

>A. Yep

>B. Yeah, but it takes a while

>C. Yeah, but since you're hurt, you won't be able to do it very fast

>D. Something else

>C. Yeah, but since you're hurt, you won't be able to do it very fast

>B. Yeah, but it takes a while
>>C. Yeah, but since you're hurt, you won't be able to do it very fast

>>C. Yeah, but since you're hurt, you won't be able to do it very fast

"Yeah, but since I'm hurt, I won't be able to do it very fast," you tell her as Bulma's airship takes off.

"Perhaps I can help with that."

Chichi spins around, her hands going to her helmet for some reason, not exactly the best fighting stance.

Bora and Upa emerge from the woods, smiling as they approach.

"Tofoo, is that really you?" Upa asks excitedly, bounding over.

"You have grown," Bora observes. "And I suspect your strength has grown as well. But, you look hurt. What has happened?"

"Who could have hurt you?" Upa asks. "I thought you were the strongest person in the world."

>A. Goku and a monster named Tambourine beat you up

>B. Explain the situation

>C. You don't have much time to chat, you need to climb the tower

>D. Something else

>>C. You don't have much time to chat, you need to climb the tower

>B. Explain the situation

"Short version being I got hurt fighting Goku during the WMA tournament and then a monster Tambourine attacked me and Krillin when we were both tired from our fights."

"I got hurt fighting Goku in the tournament, then a monster attacked me and my friend Krillin when we were both tired," you tell them.

"A monster?" Upa asks.

"I don't have much time to chat," you tell them. "I need to climb the tower."

"Then allow me to assist you," Bora says before looking over your shoulder and spotting Chichi. "Is that girl with you?"

You nod.

"Then I'll help you both on the climb," Bora says, picking you up and hurling you with all his might.

In seconds, you pass through the clouds and high into the air above, gripping onto the side of the tower and holding on tight. You hear a scream from below, and Chichi soon shoots past you, vanishing from sight somewhere above you. You guess since she's lighter that she just went further.

>A. Go catch up with her (80)

>B. Slowly climb to the top

>>B. Slowly climb to the top