Uncharted Realms/MTG Lore Thread

so.. did anyone read today's Uncharted Realms? it was chilling.
it finally hints at the Titans true purpose, that they don't destroy worlds.. they remake them after breaking them down to nothing.

and Emrakul is the one that seeds each Plane with life, eldrazi life that evolves into all the beings in that world

Emrakul, being all alone, finds her purpose incomplete, and uses Jaces mind to take over Tamiyo, re-writes her scroll (in jaces mind) to have a different super spell, and forces Tamiyo to use it on her, helping seal herself in the Moon.

so it was not the Gatewatch who won this day, it was Emrakul herself, who finds that her purpose in the multiverse is incomplete and seeks to be sealed till a time she can do it (when there are 2 other Titans who can do Ulamog and Kozi's Role)

this means that Jace and Crew fucked up by killing the Titans, and Ugin and Crew fucked up by imprisoning them, they had a piviotal role int he multiverse.

to create Planes and reuse dying ones.

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/promised-end-2016-07-27
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this finally explains how certain races can be on all planes, such as humans goblins and such, and be so similar (but slightly different)

all life in the multiverse spawns from Emrakul, this was hinted before, with the Vampires on Zendikar, outright stated to have evolved from Eldrazi spawn.

Emrakul is the mother of all life, and now she is all alone.

This brings up am interesting point. She states several times that time only moves one way. And some stuff about entropy.

What if Ugin trapping the eldrazi stopped a time cycle. Now it moves forever forward, until the heat death of the multiverse.

it seems the Eldrazi undo this entropy, they exist to keep the multiverse functional.

Mind throwing me a link? I need this shit for the bus ride home.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/promised-end-2016-07-27

I'm glad there's a thread for this. I am glad that people here can finally stop bitching for one second.

Tamiyo was awesome. She knew what happened, and refused to join MTG avengers.

she's true neutral.

also she was horrified by whatever it was Emrakul did to her and had planned.

Emrakul WANTING to be imprisoned is pretty fucking terrifying.

So glad the Gatewatch lost and Emrakul was victorious, but innistrad stayed intact. Best possible outcome besides that bitch Nissa dying.

So, which Nissa are you complaing about?

Best girl wins. I am pleased.

The one that wouldn't stop rolling around on the ground screaming about how they're all gunna die right after saying she could do jace's plan if she tried

That's only a theory by Ugin, that the titans themselves are necessary for some function in the world.

However that Ermakul does the shit she does, and ends up puting herself in moon jail.

I mean, if there is one thing Jesus has thought me, it's that this kind of aggressive giving up on something meaningful is world shaking for the observers.

Emrakul herself calls herself a world maker.

Emrakul's ability is to distort and create life.

its not hard to figure out her role in the multiverse.

>Ugin was right
Aww fuck.

UGIN interupted the TItans work, UGIN started all this bullshit by fucking with whatever cycle the Titans had going.

Keep in mind though that the eldrazi were wrecking planes with life on them so that compelled Ugin and friends to take action in case their planes ever came under threat. And, unless Wizards retcons some more things, the eldrazi are attracted to mana-rich planes which seems to indicate that they aren't going after dead/dying planes.

Maybe planes are like stars? Some just run dry and go cold, but others build and build until they burst? Maybe the "mana-rich" planes the Eldrazi go after are actually on the brink of going supernova.

Given we don't know if any planes that exploded due to Eldrazi not being able to eat them, and we don't know of any planes that were naturally choosen by the Eldrazi. (both Zendikar and Innistrade had spoofed mana signals so they don't count)

or maybe.. someone did something to make them attracked to those planes?

I can't imagine a Red Blue Black Elder dragon who has manipulated this ENTIRE series of events to do something like that...

>The copy stood there with a smug smile and a raised eyebrow. Am I really this infuriating? I am this infuriating. I need to work on that.

At last, Jace truly sees.

Jace was always kind of a dork who mostly only came off as infuriating on the cards, so I like this

Then why were they on zendikar? That plane was thriving

They were lured there, weren't they?

The Big Three lured them there and they were just grabbing takeout on the way to other pressing engagements.

Yeah, maybe if you're into morbidly obese girls.

I think it's more PTSD than anything else. I wouldn't want to deal with any more Eldrazi shit after seeing what went down, either.

Not really. Ugin basically put them in containment until he could figure out a better solution, but then things fell apart when Bolas killed him and both Sorin and Nahiri failed the upkeep.

I definitely can't wait to see Ugin's next appearance in regards to what he tells the Gatewatch about what their actions have caused.

Emrakul can appear as a qt angelfu in your mind, if it's strong enough
Can Norn do that? No. When she tries to get into your head, she bores a fucking hole in it

Also Emrakul is pure and only destroys already dying planes while Elesh Norn ruins perfectly good planes for stupid reasons

Wow. Autism. Waifufags should all be hanged.

Emrakul did nothing wrong!

>Can Norn do that?

She might, but the point is that she doesn't need too.

We know of one plane that Ulamog was chowing down on.
It had no given name, it had some life, and we don't know much about it other than that it's where Sorin and Nahiri first discovered the Eldrazi.
I'd say that the other poster's 'supernova' idea isn't correct (because they were only on Zendikar because they were lured there), but they may well be attracted to dying planes - not quite DEAD, still technically capable of bearing life, but close to their time and suitable for recycling.
May explain why Equilor was described originally as being older than oldest old and basically empty, but there's Planechase cards of it with weird freaky mutantlife - some time after being described, it got hit by the Eldrazi, reprocessed, and now there's a new Equilor where the old one was.

I got curious. Here are the pictures of Equilor I found.

I have not done any research.

Here's the other one, the fleshy one as he said.

They might be pure predators and take out planes that have a good energy to risk ratio.

That would explain them being planes both weak and strong.

post yfw Planechase 2017

I'm honestly hype for any Planechase. It seems so underrated and it is a great way to show off random backwater planes.

Even ones that don't really make sense, like Segovia.

So, given this story, how are they gonna go back to cheery with Kaladesh coming up?

They just will. Nobody gives a shit about the d tier story

>Guess we fucked up lol. So, Chandra when am meeting your family? - Gideon

If this is real I just lost that little bit of interest I still had in the story.

>Selfless Spirit isn't the ghost of Selfless Cathar
You had one fucking job, Wizards.

I thought it might have been the phyrexians that were chasing Urza.

I hate it for that reason. I want to have sets i theses planes.

A lot of the planes would be hard to portray and make fun.
What is Segovia other than "Lol so small" and would be an entire block of creatures and probably spells that couldn't compare to the surrounding blocks.

Honestly, Segovia doesn't even make much sense within its own framework. If everything on Segovia is small and when people planeswalk there, they shrink, why doesn't everything get big when you summon them outside of Segovia?

I do like the trick the guy did to make the Plane card look small, despite having nothing on a different scale.

Well, Mongseng became Tarkir. And Arkhos became Theros. There ya go.

So Emrakul went from crashing this plane with no survivors, to getting caught being part of her plan?

It was all extremely painful, for us

She's a big girl

Naturally, Lili will suggest the place as a vacation spot and Chandra will spend the whole block fighting while all the other Gatewatch members have random vignettes that contrast the fiery revolution that none of them notice.

Except Jace as he will be swamped in paperwork before he can find his swimming trunks and will be unseen until we get to Ravnica again.

Muraganda when

[sneering laughter in the distance]

For TamiYOU.

As someone who has only started to read these stories recently, I really enjoyed this stuff about Jace in this article.

Unrelatedly, aren't you people surprised about how well they managed to fit the Oath of Liliana?
I think that when we first saw it, it was like a disappointment from a story/credibility point of view, but now it happens to be much better that expected.
Also the whole "defeating Emrakul" thing, the actual story they published is much more believable than what I would have expected at the beginning of the set.

>Also the whole "defeating Emrakul" thing, the actual story they published is much more believable than what I would have expected at the beginning of the set.

How they "defeated" Emrakul in this UR is wayyyy more realistic than how they completely nerfed Ulamog and Kozilek. Maybe they learned their lesson!

At least this makes how they sealed a titan make sense, she sealed herself!

God mtg story has gone down a fucking hole. They should just stop.

Was the first line sarcastic or?

This just in: Eldrazi are ascended planeswalkers. Nicol B is trying to regain his power by creating a power vacuum in the multiverse, allowing for him to ascend as Eldrazi.

And he took out Ugin because the spirit dragon was closer to becoming an Eldrazi than him: Ugin is colorless.

Oh hey

We know that Emrakul warps and 'eldrazifies' life. And Ulamog and Kozilek were much, much weaker than her.

What if Ulamog and Kozilek are just what happens when Emrakul fully corrupts a being that had a planeswalkers spark? They don't die, so their spark should still be intact, just warped and twisted beyond recognition.

It makes sense that there would only be a couple of them, pragmatic oldswalkers generally would just GTFO when faced with something like Emrakul. She probably only rarely got the chance to actually get her hands on one.

I really do like your theory, but I feel Ugin's explanation kind of ruled out anything else. The whole "the spawn of the titans are just like fingers, and the titans themselves are the entire arm. We are fish in a pond and we see these arms and fingers reach in, and we perceive them to be horrible alien monstrosities, and so we try to kill them." He hinted that the three titans were just extensions of something much, MUCH bigger, powerful, and impossible to understand. What the Jacestice League managed to do was cut off entire arms when they killed Ulamog and Kozilek, which is still retarded as shit in my opinion. Thanks Maro. I guess there's still hope that Emrakul will be freed in the future and wreck more walkers. Hopefully.

Also they weren't much weaker than her. They just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. And Maro fucked up the story. I guarantee everything would have been completely wiped out if just one of thee loserwalkers weren't there.

Eh, it's not impossible.

Anyway, that attempting to understand and contact Emrakul manifest an angel kinda makes me question the presence of the angel in the uncharted realms about the ally legend fighting through Kozi's influence, given that she encounter an angel in a similar mind space as Jace did Emrakul.

Maro has nothing to do with the story.
You should be blaming Doug, not Maro.

What I don't understand is how Jace's own mind kind of predicted/foreshadowed future events regarding sealing Emrakul in the moon through the conversation with Emeria

though that was explicitly the angel she mercy killed a good while back and it only showed up because Kozilek was mashing every point of Tazri's life together to break her.

He was glimpsing the mind and plans of Emrakul as a result of the telepathic contact. He just didn't understand what he was seeing, even with it filtered through imagery and metaphor.

Emrakul had, at the point, already invaded the minds of Nissa and Tamiyo. She already knew everything she needed to know about the Gatewatch and their abilities in order to enable her plan.

What I want to know is:
1. Why did Emmy seal herself in the moon? She talked about blossoms and rejection, so does she want to corrupt ALL life instead of killing any of it?
2. Ulamog is obviously supposed to break down a plane and spit it's matter back out to make it fresh. What was kozilek's role?
3. Will the Gatewatch need to help intentionally make 2 new titans to fill the roles? How would that work?

I'm also glad to see that they made Emmy very much so as powerful as an Eldrich being should. This article helps curb my initial problems with this ark.

>The Gatewatch fucked up and has only begun to understand how incredibly hard they did.
>Liliana is in a member of the Gatewatch, what could possibly go wrong?
>Nahiri got away with everything.
>Olivia Voldaren is the new Lord of Innistrad.
>Ob Nixilis, Nicol Bolas and Elesh Norn are still plotting and nobody seems to care.

Congratulations, everyone. Innistrad got fucked seven ways to Sunday. The Multiverse may follow. And Avacyn died for this.

in tazri's story she ended up turned into an eldrazi with control over the weather/physics. it's possible ulamog churns matter, kozilek reconfigures physics and emrakul creates new life.

ulamog's chalky remains are what happens when all color and mana is drained from mana. kozilek then manipulated this "blank" matter (i.e. colorless mana) to create a suitable environment which emrakul seeds with life. when emrakul tried to seed a plane that was no a fresh slate, we get horrific mutations and wtf grade abominations. the process is probably equally weird following kozilek, but it would probably be a) more primordial and less "oh god what" and b) she'd probably be mutating eldrazi spawn. normal people+ tentacle mutation= tentacle horrors, therefore tentacle horrors + tentacle mutation = relatively normal?

drained from matter, not drained from mana.

>He hinted that the three titans were just extensions of something much, MUCH bigger, powerful, and impossible to understand. What the Jacestice League managed to do was cut off entire arms when they killed Ulamog and Kozilek, which is still retarded as shit in my opinion.
No, he hinted that just meant most of the eldrazi was literally not on the plane.
What the Jacestice League did was pull the whole damn thing into the plane, THEN kill it. They are fully 100% dead.

Not 100%. but probably like 99.5%

I reserve that remaining 0.5% because some Eldrazi Spawn survived the destruction of the titans. If the spawn are just fingers of the larger organism, some tiny scrap of Ulamog/Kozilek is still alive. Maybe not enough to regenerate back into a full titan, but not 100% dead.

J: Hey Ugin.
>What is it fleshling. Where's Sorin?
J: I don't know, we ran into Emrakul on Innistrad so...
>So Innistrad is gone?
J: Oh no, we saved Innistrad.
>So now the universe is down all three eldrazi?
J: No! I mean sort of. We fought Emrakul, then it got bored and sealed itself in the moon.
>...Close enough. At least you didn't kill ALL of them.

> Great. Well, after I am done here on Zedikar I'll drop by Innistrad and see what I can learn from Emrakul. Hopefully Bolas doesn't kill me this time

Atleast Tamiyo survives that's all i care about.

>Ugin gets to Innistrad
>This is when he realizes planeswalkers have been nerfed because he can't get to the moon to set up shop.
>He just stares up at the moon in disappointment for 48 hours straight before going back to his scraps on Zendikar
>Meanwhile the gatewatch are having a beach episode on Kaladesh.

> those geistmages performing teleportation experiments and other mad science on Innistrad

Oh, he is getting to the moon. It might involve a dragon-powered rocket ship, but he is getting up there.

She probably wishes she hadn't right about now.

>Ugin sent the gatewatch to Kaladesh because he knew about the inventor's fair.
>He wanted them to get some ground based moon surveying technology to bring to Innistrad just in case.
>Meanwhile he's telling the geistmages to strap more geist powered rockets to him.

And why is that?

Emrakul mindraped her and forced her to break one of her important vows never to use the locked scrolls (something which she clearly expects to pay the price for, even if she didn't do it willingly) and put Emrakul in the moon.

So not only is she getting over Eldrazi mindrape, and forced into a very bad position, but she was forced to be a pawn that has advanced Emrakul's own plan, and Tamiyo has no idea what that means or why Emrakul would do it.

Its a pretty bad day to be Tamiyo.

>Mindraped by Emrakul
>Scrollraped by Emrakul
>Emrakul then assumed direct control of her and made her scrollrape herself.
>Then when Tamiyo gets home she has to admit she scrollraped herself with the planar collapse scroll that didn't even collapse the plane because Emrakul scrollraped the scroll to be a fancy, devoid version of Imprisoned in the Moon

because she's now the closest thing in magic canon to a lovecraftian narrator who has seen too much and can only hope to spare others the wrongness that has occupied her own head.

The whole 'mindraped into being forced to do Emrakul's bidding, using the forbidden scroll for its purpose' thing

Allright, allright, i get it, Tamiyo had a bad day.

"IT'S RAPING MY MIIIIIIND!"

Damn. All within a minute.

>japanese planeswalker is the one most fucked over by Emrakul
I guess the shittiest jokes back from when this block was announced came to fruition after all, huh

it was a japanese bunny girl vs tentacle monster. that's not even a joke at that point, it's just destiny.

Emrakul has that nagging feeling that someone made it so she wanders around incomplete.

Nicol Bolas is laughing his ass off.

If the Gatewatch lost, then he just eliminated future threats.

He must have foreseen Emrakul is not going to get defeated so he has enough time to study Eldrazi-plane-digestive systems

Someone has to go to Equilor to check how that place got so old without getting gnawed at by Emrakul

Anyone else get the feeling that wizards sucks complete dick at writing and thinking up these stories now? I mean this Emrakul life giver shit is fine I guess but Jace and the gatewatch are so boring to read about.

When was the last time you guys marveled at what they wrote?

That sounds about right to be honest. The spawn of each titan probably form into the life they are similar to with varying qualities based on the environment after Emmy seeds them. Remember, the zendikar vampires evolved from Eldrazi. So it's probably not so much emmy+brood= immidiate new normal life, but the brood evolves into the new life.

Ravnica. The original Ravnica.

I don't "marvel" at Magic lore and I don't usually expect to. This was a solid article. I'd say the best lore I've read from Magic was the Feldon short story. That was good.

Zendikar vampires didn't evolve from spawn: they were Zendikar natives (probably human) corrupted and enslaved by Eldrazi. Their hunger for blood derived directly from Ulamog's influence.

>Oh, Nissa.

Reminder that this is by far the funniest thing ever to come out of an Uncharted Realms.

>The copy stood there with a smug smile and a raised eyebrow.
>Am I really this infuriating? I am this infuriating. I need to work on that.

I found this funny