/btg/ - BattleTech General: Collector's edition

The lack of btg is disconcerting... Lemme try making a general thread and hopefully I'm not fucking it up.

Post your collected or custom shit!

Old Thread: ================================================

Combat Manuals Kurita
mediafire.com/download/l317qcmc9i81744/E-CAT35261_BattleTech_Combat_Manual_Kurita.pdf

Campaign Operations
mediafire.com/download/b7e9bgevanjxf3y/E-CAT35007_Campaign_Operations.pdf

TtS McEvedy's Folly
mediafire.com/download/0i6ldp6u1qxbfh5/E-CAT35SN209_BattleTech_Touring_the_Stars_McEvedys_Folly.pdf

================================================

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing?
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out what BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megameklab.sourceforge.net/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/9q792hobnbpw3/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/c5ggig1wz21l8r0/E-CAT35SN210_BattleTech_Touring_the_Stars_Butte_Hold.pdf
ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=8847
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So, I was thinking of making my own set of limited-run resin BTech miniatures. Redesigns of my own like posted. I find most of the official miniatures kinda meh except for the really new stuff, and it's not coming out fast enough!

Would anyone be interested?

I was just about to start a new thread. Thanks for saving me the effort

Depending on the redesign and quality of the minis, yes, I may have an interest.

Any mech in particular you'd like? Beside the griffin I posted on , I was thinking of also remaking the Catapult and Locust at the very least.

Not really. Was merely curious if you'd done any others.

oh, so there's a thread after all

here's TtS Butte Hold
mediafire.com/download/c5ggig1wz21l8r0/E-CAT35SN210_BattleTech_Touring_the_Stars_Butte_Hold.pdf

Haha, Butte Hold!

friendly reminder this person posts here and he is an avid shitposter. Worse, he is also a weeaboo

user, I have bad news. It's in the new Butte Hold TTS... and the joke was old when the game was new.

user, I think I have the worst of news for you

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

From end of last thread
>So picked up these plastic vehicles from a gumball machine. With the Atlas and Rommel for scale, would these be good vehicle proxies and if so what kind? Also what could use the planes and spaceship for?
What I got for suggestions
>Tanks=Vedette/Scorpion/Bulldog
>Delta Wing=Ares Mk VII
>Spaceship=Scytha
>Round Blue Spaceship=Sholagar/Thrush
>APC=Heavy Wheeled APC/Padilla Artillery
>Rocket trucks=______ Carriers
>ICMB trucks=Arrow IV Infantry (Mechanized rules)
Looks good to me so far from what I've looked up. Any other thoughts?

He's right though. This is basically where all the disgruntled fans and stupid fans wash up and mix into one huge ugly shit soup. On a good night, none of them are posting and it's only the chill people here. On a bad night, this place is far worse than the official forums (which can get retarded as fuck in their own right) because everything in BT becomes interpreted through the lens of "the devs are utter cunts" and any sense gets thrown out the window. I don't even bother posting here when I can see the retards are in town.

>inb4 I'm him

Does it even matter? I thought we were here to talk about blasting each other to bits with little plastic robots and going pew pew as we melt faces with PPCs.

>Captcha: "Select Palm Trees" ... images of tropical deforestation.

Well that's one way to kill a good mood.

I can't seem to find record sheets for the landing craft.

Probably under plain Mk VII. It didn't get called the Ares Mk VII until later.

It doesn't exist. A lot of aerospace stuff is lacking in that department.
Only the Ares Mk I, II, and III in XTRO Primitives II have RS.

The Mk VII has a sheet in megamek. I know because I had to yank it for a modified extra fuel and cargo version for a campaign. They used it as a single medium mech transport.

Maybe that's just built it from the old TRO info though. But with the total weight/weapons/fuel/cargo/armor stated in the TRO, it can't be that far off right?

>But with the total weight/weapons/fuel/cargo/armor stated in the TRO, it can't be that far off right?

The masses listed for a lot of things in TR 3057/3057R are laughably wrong. The unit stats are an absolute shitshow, which is part of the reason they won't ever re-do it and why they don't take errata on the AT2 record sheets.

You'd need to go through and verify them all by hand.

weird question, but I'm playing AtB and it keeps saying that my bandersnatch is an "illegal unit" and can't be deployed? the fuck is going on?

It could be a problem with tech intro dates. They implemented them in MM awhile back, but some mechs have tech that precede the official IntOps tech intro dates, so it causes errors in MM's unit validation.

Also, check and see if 'allow illegal units' is on or not in your MM options.

Pretty sure I did verify it by hand when I did the mods. The megamek one is built on the second heavier version.

Modern aero plus space stuff and making support V's, modern BA and superheavies is such a pain to do by hand. I hate that I have so much experience in a couple of those categories. When the hell is somebody going to make a decent program so I don't have to do this stuff by hand?

So 2 things I can't find is the Mk VII landing craft and the Arrow IV infantry. I don't know how to use solaris skunk works or how to pull record sheets from megamek.

I always wondered why there is no BTech Death Battle vs Gundam in general

InB4 Clan Mechs get beam sabered to death

I could be wrong but isn't Arrow IV infantry just mechanized infantry that takes Arrow IV launch vehicles?

Because battlemechs are manlets compared to gundams. An Atlas barely comes up to a Zaku's chest. Imagine how bullshit the real big boys and the mobile armors are in comparison.

I like battlemech scale better honestly, but the point is they really don't look right standing next to one another.

Yep. Same rules as field gunners.

Look for missile artillery infantry in TRO/RS 3085.

Personally I'd proxy them as an actual vehicle though, like the AIV Pilum, AIV Danai, or Vali. The latter two being a bit trickier if you want to get real fluffy though.

Anyone ever use landers or such tactically on planet?

Tempted to convert one of the older larger ones to carry a shit ton of infantry for assaults in atmo for a merc group.

You could probably hotdrop a bunch of Condor tanks (which have vehicle jump jets IIRC) out of one for giggles.

A bunch? It could fit one...and since when do they have vJJs?

Are we even on the same page?

You're thinking of Kangas.
Pretty sure the Kanga and the Hephaestus Jump variant are the only canon jump tanks.

Southern Cross's enemy mecha, aka Robotech 2nd Gen Bioroid?

Can you get me an Uziel?

There is a variant of the RoS OmniHover with JumpJets. Scapha or thomething like that.

A what now? I'm just gonna assume it's what the original art for the Griffin was stolen from.

Probably, Uziel is cute and I have a personal attachment to the thing since MW4:M

>...because everything in BT becomes interpreted through the lens of "the devs are utter cunts" and any sense gets thrown out the window.

Case in point, that whackjob from the last thread who said all the devs deserve to die, and when called on it accused someone of being a 'CGL shill'.

I mean really. Grow some fucking perspective...

>A what now? I'm just gonna assume it's what the original art for the Griffin was stolen from.

Get the fuck out.

The Mk VII is great because of the VTOL system. No long takeoffs or landings needed. It can deploy anywhere. I had a player use one as a quick one mech transport to hotzones on a dirtball world. But he used it for everything he couldn't justify a full dropship for, people, loot whatever.

The main advantage is being able to drop off a long range scout or something way away from the main force independently during an invasion. A bug and a bunch of tons of supplies makes a nice stash if your guys get cut off from the main dropship base or whatever. So you gain a good amount of tactical flexibility.

>I'm just gonna assume it's what the original art for the Griffin was stolen from.
Straight nasty

There's a big difference between "this company didn't pay me while its founder embezzled hundreds of thousands of dollars and anyone who still defends them is a piece of shit" and "I'm mad about the things this company makes."

And wishing death upon them all seems like a reasonable response?

Yes.

You must be a fun person in real life.

I think I might have misread what that comment meant?

There's at least a couple potential meanings really that could warrant such response. One being the whole stolen bit, the other being that bitches not knowin' about fucking Roundfacers. THIS AIN'T NO SOUTHERN CROSS SHIT SON

Some things and some people are beyond redemption, and the world would be a better place without them in it. The people who make up CGL are like that (being criminals), and the people who knowingly and voluntarily hitch themselves to those people are just as bad.

>THIS AIN'T NO SOUTHERN CROSS SHIT SON

No kidding. Southern Cross was good.

Dana is incredibly fuckable.

All I know is that the art in my first edition boxed set was mostly stolen from various anime, but I haven't really seen any of them. I like them though, so I try to keep it similar while hopefully remaining distinct and bringing them a bit closer to the chunkier modern designs.

Anyhow, someone wants to order Thugs so I've been sketching some designs for it. First wip.

>mostly stolen

No, it wasn't.

If you care, FASA approached the import company (TCI) who were bringing the Macross/Dougram models over to the US and asked if they could license the art. TCI, who did not have the authority to give that license, shrugged and said, "sure, pay us $X". FASA paid them "$X" and thought that they were all good.

FASA thought they had correctly licensed artwork from a company they thought was authorized to give that license. That company was not, but took FASA's money anyway. There was no mens rea on FASA's part. This is EXTREMELY different from, "FASA stole the artwork."

is that so? I remember hearing it the other way round - that the company FASE licensed from had rights to the images, while another company held rights to the animations, and it was that company that HG got their "exclusive" license from, even though the company had no right to sell such a license.

You're ALMOST right.

The company that FASA licensed images from had the ability to import the >modelsimages< (which included animation) were licensed to HG from a company in Japan. There was a huge clusterfuck in Japan over who actually owned that stuff, and in 2006-ish, it was ordered by Japanese courts that the company who licensed the stuff to HG didn't have the rights after all, which technically nullified HG's claim.

The fact that HG's license was nullified was the pretext upon which CGL tried to bring back the Unseen. However, the FASAvPlaymates decision regarding the Unseen had included, quite literally, a secret provision that bound the Battletech franchise from ever putting the Macross-derived Unseen back in the game. CGL wasn't privvy to that information, since they weren't FASA or Playmates or HG. So even though HG's license is fucked 6 ways from Sunday, the Battletech franchise is still legally bound by that agreement.

Yes, the entire situation is remarkably fucked up.

good thing I have two 3rd ed boxed sets then :)

>The company that FASA licensed images from had the ability to import the >models

>AIV Pilum
Thinks, I think that works a little better.

>Different 'non here but Kawamori says FASA actually bought the rights to the cover art and misinterpreted that.
Well, "the company that held the rights to use only the packaging design of the plastic model" could be referring to who FASA dealt with though.

We must move beyond the 3025 unseen, as the Shimmies are coming! What really needs to be taken care of is the 3055 unseen.

I DEMAND PLOGBANE

Bandersnatch? Okay, I guess I can take a shot at that.

Here's a few thumbnail doodles. Tell me which ones and which aspects you like, and I'll flesh it out a bit.

Forgot the pic before pressing post. Great shit.

The images were still "stolen", just not by FASA.

I was thinking of the Kanga, yes. I wasn't sure how many the lander could fit either (never seen one). Thought it was an amusing idea though.

I'll just chock that all up to late night confusion/drinking.

Lander has a 65 ton bay so you could fit one Kanga.

Lower mid left with far rights shoulders seems about right.

How do you know that? I've never heard this "secret provision" thing stated anywhere before.

Another set of three, which one looks the bandiest of the snatchiest?

Got my Battletech kickstarter rewards. The hat is really nice.

I don't know why that turned sideways when I posted it....

Oh god. Please tell me we won't all be posting pictures of ourselves when we get our Kickstarter shit. I'm not sure I could stand see what you all look like irl.

My stuff is due today but based on where it last was I'm guessing it'll be another day.

Right one.

How are ya'll getting it already? I haven't even been informed it's in the mail.

I got my tracking info telling me it shipped like the 25th?

I just posted my face because it was all I had time to take before I had to leave for work. I basically just jammed the hat on my head, took a picture then went out the front door. Otherwise I would of just unpacked everything and took pictures without me.

Wait, I was wrong, mine shipped and I got the email the 21st.

They said it'd be strung out over like a week or two so don't be surprised if you haven't heard about it being shipped yet.

Ah, good to know. I may reach out in a few days, if I don't hear anything.

I wonder when I'll get the email about my coat level one getting sent.

IIRC they specifically said the coat orders are going out later/last, for customs purposes.

Progress on the Thug. I should be done with the face/side/back ISOs today and I should have a 3D rough block by saturday (assuming the baby cooperates and allows me to work semiregularly)

>derp, posted the unmirrored version

Hawt!

As fun as it is to do dynamic posed images, I'd highly suggest you do the final concepts on as neutral a pose as possible.

Because it's going to be a bitch to try and translate shapes exaggerated by perspective and pose to their proper scale in 3d, and will make them both feel detached from each other.

>I should be done with the face/side/back ISOs today and I should have a 3D rough block by saturday (assuming the baby cooperates and allows me to work semiregularly)

How is this dynamic? It's an idle relaxed front view position (these are reverse joint legs). I prefer these over T-Poses.

It's designed so that once I start posing the 3D model it'll need the least work without doing an actual rig.

That said, I'm pretty rusty so I'll probably see what you mean later and start swearing like a sailor.

Angle on the lower-mid's arms looks good as well as the laser placement and the central LRM package - but the legs, side silhouette and angling of the outside LRMs on the left-hand pic is better. Far right looks too much like an Awesome, even if the shoulders look slightly better..

>Another set of three, which one looks the bandiest of the snatchiest?
Far right, although again I'm not a big fan of the hand re-do. It's that round head.

That's a Soltic from Dougram. That anime, along VOTOMS, is one of the best "real robot" mecha subgenre, and very Battletech-like.

The Soltics are military mechs used to combat in squadrons, and always take on the enemy in a tactical way, usually by distracting the enemy while the other mechs flank the enemy.

I kept those gun arms because they were in a neutral pose compared to the front profile that didn't show their shape or length.

As for the head, it's got a highly similar profile to the NigGyr and Novacat.

Welcome to Whose Star League is it Anyway, the show where everything's made up and the sourcebooks don't matter.

Now let's play a game called Themes From A Hat! First topic:

>Phrases you can use to describe the Clans but not your girlfriend

>their lifestyle will probably kill them before they're 30 and they like it that way

Anyone where to find paper craft buildings that are BT scale?

Here you go.

ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=8847

>they like having sex

>the rides are nice, but overall they're totally insane

"They're literally a psychopath's magical realm"

>If they'd just stayed home they wouldn't have gotten fucked by Hanse Davion.

I like the one on the left. The others are a bit too bulky, almost like an awesome

See, I agree with the first half of that, though not to the point of death. I think Coleman should be locked up for theft. But I don't think there's any reason to wish bad things on the other folks at CGL, many just because they made shitty business decisions, and especially since without them we would most likely not get anything at all for Battletech or Shadowrun.
Good God, the Bane desperately needs un-fucking.

What excellent rides. Too bad about the price tag.

You are a really qt girl :3

DIRTY DUMB FEDRAT SCUM

>Anyone where to find paper craft buildings that are BT scale?
GHQ has an entire page of 6mm stuff, mostly European. There's a huge-ass thread in the OF's Terrain board as well.