Warhammer 40k General

An Actual Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=epPUs6RlPnc
bolterandchainsword.com/sisterp.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We hold this thread for the Imperium.

WAAAGH!

I still need lewd Warhams confessions for my blog

>they're really fired up!

Firstly, what the hell do you mean by lewd warhams confessions?
Secondly, why the hell do you expect people will just give you shit for your fucking blog? How new are you?

You can choose to become 1 INFANTRY unit in the 40k universe. What do you choose?

Dark Eldar Scourge seems like fun until you get splattered on the windshield of a Venom.

C&C appreciated! Willing to change most things. Captain's signature weapon is a Power fist, Riflemen squads perform incredibly well.

Imperial Guard - 1000 points

Company command squad [223 points]
- Carapace armour
- (X4) Plasma guns
- Captain has a Power fist
- Chimera armoured transport

Company command squad [85 points]
- Carapace armour
- Heavy Bolter
- (X2) Sniper rifle

Primaris Psyker [75 points]
- Mastery level 2

(X2)
Veterans [75 points]
- Carapace armour

(X2)
Veterans [76 points]
- Carapace armour
- Sergeant has Bolter

Leman Russ Demolisher [170 points]
- Hull Heavy Flamer

Leman Russ Eradicator [145 points]
- Heavy Bolter Sponsons
- Dozer blade

Tactical marine.

So apparently a GM wants me to get into his Rogue trader thing as a Kroot. I know little about them aside from lizard bird dudes who stab Eldar scum and fight for the greater good for loads of dosh. Where do I acquire more info?

Someone mentioned I get rid of my centurions in this list, to replace them with terminators.

I would like nothing more, but according to the sternhammer formation I can only use assault marines, centurions, bikes, attack bikes, or speeders.

What does Veeky Forums recommend I use in stead of centurions?

1850 seems really cramped. Does anyone else share this feeling?

>Company command squad [85 points]
>(X2) Veterans [75 points]
>(X2) Veterans [76 points]
What's the point of these? It's better to run them as infantry platoons and group them up in to one massive blob if they're not using special weapons.

The demolisher can't fire the cannon and the flamer, are you able to change the flamer for a bolter so at least you can pepper your target with a few shots as well?

I once had a wank and when I came it went over my shoulder and landed on a picture f Urien Rakarth. Right on his face as well.

the kroot are bred for war

youtube.com/watch?v=epPUs6RlPnc

1k feels tight, but with 1850 i can usually fit in everything i want or need.

I suppose the weirdest thing I have is my ex liked to run tanks and stuff across my chest sometimes.

ooOOoo, sounds saucy!
Please, do share.

Nothing crazy, I'm kind of chesty and she liked to put tanks there and see if she could put some marines in a tactical position.

Noise Marine. Snorting coke of Demonette tits all day.

Only senior officers can use 'Take it down!' To get monster hunter / Tank hunter.
Psyker rolls on divination to try and get misfortune and drop MCs / light vehicles easily.

I'd totally be a noise marine, if I hadn't inherited IF I would have gone with EC for the colors and kakophony units.

A Guardian whose day job is making pottery or something comfy like that.

Best case scenario I get to make pottery for a few thousand years or whatever, kill some Orks a few times, and then live in a comfy wraithhall inside the infinity circuit forever, worst case scenario I am eaten alive by some eldritch horror and tortured for eternity by a God of Chaos. Could be worse.

You're gambling everything on getting that very specific combo?

Even so It would be better to combine three veteran squads in to one infantry platoon of thirty guys, the second command squad as a platoon command then cast prescience on the one huge blob. Your first command squad can use bring it down on them easily enough without paying for a second.
If you're trying to exploit divination I should mention this allows you to use to forewarning on the 30 guy blob to give ALL of them a 4++ or combine misfortune with ignores cover.

That leaves you some spare points to play about with, I'd advise more special weapons.

It's basically being a space marine who is also in Motley Crue

Jump infantry is infantry right? I wanna be a Warp Talon and cut holes in reality.

What are the chances we'll see breacher squads or their shields at the very least in 40k in the near future?? The damn things are cool.

siege mantlets already exist

I'm not sure [email protected], your guess is as good as mine.

I'd really enjoy being a scout marine and having the chance of just climbing the rungs of the glorious astartes in the name of the emprah

Agreed!

I am over in the 30k thread trying to make a stone gauntlet list with at least one warder squad.

It's tough yo.

Why are people with unique names looked down upon?

Today I played a game against CSM with my IG allied with counts-as Raven Guard (my friend lent me some raptors for the Assault Marines, I used stormtroopers as scouts and necron destroyers as Land Speeder Storms).

And I had a fucking blast, man. Assault marines are awesome, those land speeders are fucking beautiful, scouts are fun and the commander with the relic lightning claws kicked some serious ass.

And it worked wonders along with my blobs and tanks, whom I left to distract the Renegade Knight while my speedy speedy speeders unleashed hell.

Hold me, anons, for I'm about to start a new army

Also, how was your last game?

Blood Angels can use Space Marine Formations
Orks are a Melee army
Chaos Space Marimes are OP
Tyranids don't use the Warp

Alone they will rustle, combined what power do they hold?

>Why are people with unique names looked down upon?

It goes against the entire point of an anonymous image board.
Most namefags, especially on Veeky Forums, are usually special snowflake autists.

Oh I get it, thanks.

>CCS
Dump the carapace armor. Seriously, if you are getting shot at you are dying, and the armor will not help. Save the points. Also, you only have 2 firing points on the chimera, so drop 2 of the plasma rifles. Most of the game you won't use them anyway. With the saves points from these 2 changes you can buy a Kurov's Aquila, get preferred enemy, and reroll the 1s for overheating your plasma as well as for everything else within 6" of your chimera.

>CCS
drop the armor
drop the heavy bolter
drop the rifles
in fact, drop the entire squad. This is an expensive thing that will not kill anything

>Psyker
These are great, but only when they have big units to buff with their powers. Your list has none. Drop him.

>Vets
drop the armor
buy plasma or melta
put in chimera

>vets
drop armor
drop bolter
give plasma or melta
put in chimera

>demolisher
replace with dakka punisher or another squad of vets with meltas in a chimera for antitank

>eradicator
drop dozer blade, rest is good

>Why are people with unique names looked down upon

Because going out of your way to create an identity on an anonymous message board is super faggoty.

Friendly reminder that formations don't have factions so you can take tyranids in your Lib conclave.

Chapter Master.

do you have to make memes and bait the thread each time?

The worst part is its never even good bait.
Just shit-tier postings of nonsense.

yes

Jouske fish, please stop calling everything a stand.

What is a good use of a Valkiry for SoB (as an allied inquisitorial detachment)
Should I just Chimera heavy Bolter psybolt spam?

Post the army you're working on

You should consider changing it from Raven Guard to raptors, user. There's some good lore to back that up, and they use scouts extensively.

Pretty sure this is outdated now with 7th edition, but it's still cool. Their bolters become Rending Heavy 1 if they don't move.

I have finally fucking got my female heads from Statuesque Miniatures! Those britishfags took their sweet-ass time making them, but at least I'm happy with the result. Here's how they look on my current Monstergirl Operators!

Did you just quote the 40k wikia unironically?

Turning my old Black Templars tanks into Sister of Battle tanks and inquisitorial allies. It is going to be a bitch but hey I'm having fun.

Bloody GW and chinaman are taking ages to deliver.

Eldar Guardian: turn up, stand on a strategic point for a while firing the missile platform, go home and fuck some crazy Eldar birds, pretty decent life

Would you prefer it from the Imperial Armor book Lexicanum took the information from, or are you going to reject that, too?

Returning player from 5th.

How the fuck does wounding work now? The rule book is very contradicting.

Do I roll to hit and wound with X, remove casualties, then roll to hit and wound with Y?

Or do I roll to hit and wound with X, then roll to hit and wound with Y, and then go through the wounds tallied up?

The latter seems extremely abusable, and needlessly complicated, which leads me to believe that its the correct one.

Here's how it works, IN THIS ORDER
> Roll to Hit on all of your weapons. If you have multiple different weapons, declare which ones are shooting FIRST. Separate your damn dice!
> Roll to Wound
> Opponent rolls saves. If a model can't make a save, then that wound is removed from the pool alongside the model. You have to roll as many dice as possible all at once.

The only exception is if you have different saves. In the case of a Chaplain sitting in a Hammernator Squad. The squad has 2 hammernators in front of the chaplain, and 6 guys total. The squad takes 5 wounds at Ap2.

I now have to do the following
> Put 5 dice in one hand
> Switch 2 of them to another hand
> Roll the dice 2 at a time, on the Hammernator's 3++
> Repeat until a hammernator dies, then roll dice 1 at a time.
> If both hammernators die, roll dice 2 at a time on the chaplain's 4++

The gist of it is that unlike in 5th edition, wounds can never disappear. You MUST always roll a save for every wound inflicted, there is no overkill.

So far around 500 pt army. Ill post my list that pertains to this group of figures. This is all I have at the moment.

If no one ever replied to the shitposts we'd see less of them. Even replying to call it a shitpost, or call it bait encourages them. Just resist the temptation and ignore them.

Liiiiist.

>vanquisher

When will IG players stop falling into this trap?

I hope you at least took beast hunter shells...

...you didn't

Damn nig thats crazy. In a good way, but damn.

Wait, what? Why are the 3++ hammernators eating all the wounds? Is that just abusing the rule that closest models have to die first?

I play Sisters, so if I have 3 bolters and 2 meltas, and shoot into a homogenous unit. Then, I roll bolters first then meltas.

What happens?

Battlescribe doesn't offer beast hunter shells.

No, this is how it works entirely. The two hammernators are taking the wounds FIRST because they're up front, and there's a chaplain with slightly worse saves behind them. Because the chaplain is behind two hammernators with better saves, you have to roll your saves 2 at a time. You still need to roll 5 saves, but if you roll 5 dice at the same time on a unit of 3, and only 2 of them have a 3++, then you're technically cheating. Because the chaplain doesn't have a 3++, and you rolled saves for him with a 3++

Okay, so in your case, say you land 6 wounds with the bolters, and 1 wound with the meltagun.

The homogenous unit then needs to roll 6 "bolter" saves, and 1 "Melta" save. Since they can't use their 6+ armour save against either weapon, they have to use cover saves.

If they are in cover, then they must make 7 cover saves, like say a 5+. Then 5 hormagaunts die.

You resolve different weapons in a unit separately.

And your dumb conversions still look like shit. Let's get some paint on them and see how they look.

When I play IG I run a tri-plas Executioner with 2 Vanquisher sidekicks, all 3 tanks with lascannons. With BS4 and Pasks Orders it's almost worth the 500+ points I put into it. It is a serious threat to pretty much everything though.

This is where its fucking me up in the rules.

Even to themselves after the faq update.

The rulebook lays it out pretty clearly, I don't know how to explain it better to you.

Are casualties removed before rolling to hit with my next weapon?

Yes.

Yeah that sucked. I haven't played my IG in a few months, I was considering working a Techpriest into the list to babysit the Executioner. Or maybe a Psyker with Prescience, but thats a gamble to get the power.

Ok. That's what I wasn't sure about.

Thank you.

On that note, flamers seem really dangerous to use now since they're most likely to die first from returning fire.

Just use different coloured dice.
roll equal bs together

Blue need a 3+ to wound and then red needs a 5+ to wound. You roll all together.

Then, since blue is ap2, the other person cannot take an armour save if you made your wound rolls, but the red doesnt have high enough ap so he gets to try and save it. Then, after he has made his saves, he then takes off models starting from the closest model to shooters until out of wounds to allocate or models to remove.

First off. tri-plas executioner without a means of repair is effectively handing free points to the other player. You are buying a very expensive tank that kills itself. Some maths:

>5 plasma shots per turn, 1/6 chance of overheat per shot, 5/6 chance of an overheat each turn
>4+ armor save against it
>2.5/6 chance of losing a HP every turn you fire this thing. Almost 50%. That's 3-4 turns to blow yourself up.

Now, not one, but TWO vanquishers. Oh boy. Can I ask you why you think these things are good? Consider the following:

>nearly every vehicle in 40k now has 3 HP, has to be at least glanced 3 times to die
>your Vanq has 6 shots to make per game
>it has BS 3, 4 with Pask
>you hit 3-4 times per game
>even with armorbane, you statistically fail to pen at least one of these
>you buy an """anti-tank""" russ that strips 2-3 HP off a single vehicle the entire game. Wew lad.

And before you bring up your sponsons and hull-mounted lascannon, remember that every russ can take those, so it's not an argument for the Vanquisher. The best weapons in the IG codex for dealing with high AV targets are meltaguns. They are just as likely to pen, are cheaper, come on disposable BS4 guys, can deepstrike, can shoot from vehicles, etc.

Seriously, you are throwing points away on tanks that don't deliver what you spend on them.

>But this one time my tank killed this thing...

And for every anecdotal account of it killing something, there are many more of it failing to kill things. The math is inescapable.

It matters if you have weapons of different ranges to roll separately.

multiplied wrong on triplas, its 2.5/6 HP chance of 1 hp per turn, so it would take 7 turns or so to blow yourself up. In a given game, though, you will half-kill yourself meaning the other player only has to half kill you.

If it's not too much trouble, could someone post some official battle-psyker art?

Calm down sperg. I'm aware of the drawbacks. I like the models and what they do on the table.
Btw your maths are off, it's 3 Gets Hot! rolls per turn, not six.

Its a hazard with all special weapons in general, since they're generally most effective at the front for short range
One of the worst changes IMO, especially for assault horde armies who can find entire turns of movement undone by enemy shooting

So what do you suggest? You want everyone to use the exact same list if they want to run IG?

If you had paid attention to the reply you were quoting:

>With BS4 and Pasks Orders it's almost worth the 500+ points I put into it

You should have realized that there was no need to post that cringey rant.

Okay, let me state something else then since you don't seem to understand

With Armourbane, the Vanquisher is extremely capable of penning vehicles. You don't always need to outright destroy a vehicle, since every result on the pen chart is downright crippling for vehicles.

> Shaken or Stirred
You can now outright ignore the vehicle for an entire turn.
> Explode it
Well it's fucking gone
> Weapon Destroyed
You have now neutered it, and in many cases the vehicle can be ignored.
> Immobilized
You now have the option of breaking line of sight, and it can't touch you anymore

You don't need a vanquisher to destroy vehicles, you just need one for supressing and neutering vehicles.

I don't understand why you are all so triggered. He asked for feedback and I gave it - if he likes the models, so be it, but I'm just trying to point out they aren't very efficient. Relax, we're all friends here.

As for the 3 or 6 gets hots rolls, the turret fires 3 times, the sponsons two each. He said a tri-plas so I assumed he meant sponsons + turret.

>suppressing and neutering vehicles
What are you paying to do that, and could you do the same for less with other units? The fact that a thing does something alone does not make it good, it has to do it better than the options it is replacing.

A vanq cannon is effectively a long range meltagun on a very expensive platform. If you replaced it with deepstriking meltas, chimera meltas, rapier laser destroyers, or a deimos vindicator you would get the same results on a tighter budget.

They can take Beast Hunter shells too. Which can be extremely useful in the current meta.

What book is this in

Imperial Armor I second edition. Here's a screencap for free.

Yeah I couldn't find it in Astra codex.

Alright /40kg/ I challenge you to use bolterandchainsword.com/sisterp.php and not create an eyesore that would make Slaanesh have a lust induced heart attack. Here's what I did for an older thread.

>IA
That fucking explains why I couldn't find it.

Not that user, but a tank "wounded" is a tank still able to attack back. Buying 300 points of vanquisher for an average 1 hull point a turn is really shitty. Unless you are rolling pask, dont bring vanquishers, punishers, Conquerors, or Annihilator. The only excuses are running pask for punisher rending or vanquisher rerolling, or using vanquishers in Armoured company when you buy the dual shell mode.

Punishers are excellent at destroying light vehicles and and killing infantry, though. Even MEQs.

>He asked for feedback and I gave it

No ones triggered, don't kid yourself. Read the post you quoted, I didnt ask for feedback.

You just saw the words Vanquisher and tri-plas Executioner and decided you were gonna drop some knowledge. Which you then got wrong because your familiarity with the rules isnt what you think it is. Which you then put on display a second time, by not knowing how Gets Hot works on an Executioner plasma cannon.

Don't be the guy that offers criticism when he shouldnt. Dont be the guy that doesnt bother reading the reply he quotes. And dont be the guy that cant recognize when hes a retard, and just spergs out harder and harder.

Yeah, other user didn't specify. Its an armoured company thing. If younplan on running 4+ tanks, I wouldn recomend AC. Russ tanks become troop choices and can secure objectives, asston of tank specific wargear, and special characters that really give life into Tank lists.

>The math is inescapable.
Your math is shit. You completely butchered the probability of a Gets Hot result.

Running inq as my primary detachment for fluff reasons. Got a bunch of models, not sure the best way to break them into squads

10 bolter acolytes
2 jokaero
3 melta acolytes
3 plasmagun acolytes
3 multi-melta servitors
1 naked inquisitor
2 chimeras with heavy bolters (and psybolt ammo)

I don't like being wrong, can you explain where I made a mistake, please?

No they arent. They struggle against av 12+ vehicles and roughly only wound 5.5 guardsmen per turn. 150 points is not worth taking out 15 points a turn.

I know some people love vehicles, but I just don't understand not wanting meatblobs for IG. It's fun.

Jesus, that's filthy
I'm all for taking MCs down a peg but point-and-delete is a bit much, just as it is for vehicles

Some people don't like mucking around with (or painting) several dozen little men
And of course there's always the advantage of obsoleting all your enemy's anti-infantry entirely