ITT: The WORST characters your players have played

ForeverGMs, let us share in our loneliness and tell tales of the worst players/characters you've had to DM for.

I did a homebrew setting that my friend and I thought up of when we were in college. he died before he could GM it. Summoning our closest friends, we rolled characters out and plunged them into this Dark Souls-inspired setting.

"The Guy" of our group played Ivellios, a Drow Ninja who was the most unlikable fucker ever. He constantly drew his blade on peasants whose only crime was "they were happy", and casted darkness on a king who was pissed when he learned that he lied to him about destroying his fleet. He kicked a half-elf girl in the middle of the street at midnight because he mistook her crying at night for her dead friends was her summoning a Daemon.

here's the bio

>A very aggressive Drow, skilled in the arts of Shadows and blades. His background isn't really known. However, he has specified that he comes from the Underdark, a realm where people, such as the Drow and Duegar, come from where viciousness and anger seem to be what allows them to continue their existence. Ivellios is a man who can't seem to stand complete peace, reasoning that it isn't a natural thing! He despises his arrival here on Terra Fatalis, so much so that he's come to reason that this place is nothing more than an ill-conceited dream birthed by his mind. He only cares for himself here, in this realm of dream.

>"It is a Dream... Right? Surely my mind plays this theatrical trick of a life I can live differently! I will not submit! I will keep myself alive and ring the bells, so I may return and fulfill the mission I have been given! The tyrant of the Underdark will fall!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fX_120DMFDQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One kid is pretty aggrivating IC and his character revolves around pretty much disagreeing with everything that the NPC handlers/ Questgivers hand them, and near starting bloodshed within minutes of meeting friendly people. The dumbest shit he's done so far was during a tail on a certain strange guy, he stood up on a bar table and drew his bow and was promptly tackled off the table causing a massive bar fight and the burning down of the tavern with everyone inside subsequently. He bitched about how he got tackled saying it doesn't make sense when, man who the fuck draws a bow in the middle of a crowded bar?

How did this dumbass not get lynched? I never understood how DMs let their players get away with autistic shit that would in any "real" land them in the shitter.

>Terra Fatalis

Now THAT is a good name

What was the setting?

My worst player was jsut a guy who tried to rape a female player's female PC. we kicked him out.

It's your fault for being so spineless. You realize that a DM can give PCs consequences for their actions, right?

Let's bust a myth here once and for all:
There are no bad characters, just bad players

You should kill that fucker in the most embarrassing, unceremonious way possible.

Give him a warning and a chance to put a leash on his character first. Otherwise let em have it.

Bad players with shit characters

>implying there weren't any consequences for his actions

There were, I just didn't feel the need to elaborate on what happened to him

What happened was that he quickly garnered the hate of the whole populace that prices on goods were suddenly 400% for him, guards would constantly question him on what he was doing waiting for him to snap so they could execute him.

He even had the gall to say that I was picking on him in-game for no good reason, and that the entire world hated him because I must have had a grudge. No you fucker, your character is literally digging his own grave.

The half-elf girl getting kicked in the babymaker at midnight while he was "investigating the source of summoned outsiders" was the final straw. Even though everyone in town hated the half-elf girl for being a witch.

The noise led to him getting KO'd by the PCs, arrested by guards with the help of the PCs. When we led him to the gallows for attempted murder and rape, he was yelling in-character that everyone is insane to be living in this peace, because he believed that the peace was "artificially imposed" and that everyone "refuses to open their eyes".

His remains were hung outside the city walls as a warning to future adventurers.

The offending player didn't join us again until the next "age" in the story.

His remains are still there.

Never was I happier with killing a character that defiled my friend's last work.

*claps*

That was satisfying to read.

Player must have been a real dork to not simply understand that you can't just do fuck whatever in a game world and expect to get away with it (*on top* of being an edgy, unlikable character with no redeeming or sympathetic traits).

>Never was I happier with killing a character that defiled my friend's last work.

i could see how all of this could play out with the character being a dick and rumors(depending on setting) spreading fast.but this last line worried me,as it implies railroading and abuse of powers

the fact that he roleplayed his character's execution instead of ragequitting as soon as the pc's arrested him shows he isnt half as bad as he is portrayed as a player.

>
the fact that he roleplayed his character's execution instead of ragequitting as soon as the pc's arrested him shows he isnt half as bad as he is portrayed as a player.

The other players going along with, and aiding, this completely logical outcome to his actions says otherwise.

I mean, what do you expect to happen in-universe to a character that kills multiple civilians for an insane delusion?

>fucked up the greentext on the first line.

Once, a long time ago, I was playing a Wheel of Time game. I had 3 regulars, who were pretty good, and then a rotating selection of misfits that kept joining the game and being some of the worst players I've ever met in my life.

One of them was a Wolfbrother; if you're not familiar to the setting, they're not exactly magic users, but have a kind of magical connection to wolves and a certain dream realm, which manifests in some powers. It also has physical alterations, their eyes start turning yellow and their teeth sharpen and stuff. They're usually regarded with some alarm.

Anyway, guy joins game in the middle, wants to play a wolfbrother, and I'm trying to come up with an excuse to get him traveling with the party. They were in some city, and I thought for a good initial encounter, I'd have a group of guards hassling a merchant, wolfbrother dude nearby, and the party somewhat further away, with enough of an OOC cue to the regulars that they should try to pick up this guy after whatever his reaction with the guards was.

Well, wolfy sees some of the guards giving this NPC trouble. So he shouts to "his wolvish allies", before being reminded that in the middle of a city, there aren't any, before walking up to the guard leader and biting him in the neck. The guards are understandably pissed, and try to subdue the obvious lunatic, who begins shouting to random townsfolk that they need to help him against the "evil oppressors". This does not happen. Guards subdue wolfbrother, and are getting ready to drag him in chains. Not the way I would have liked it, but this was the cue for the rest of the party to join, and I figure I can still get him with them.

They try to talk to the guards, asking what happened, at which point wolfbrother, noting their distraction, tries to grab a dagger from one of the guards and fight his way free. This time around, they kill him. He was CONFUSED as to why they'd "overreact" like that, and I banished him from my game.

"you can be evil,but if you cant do anything evil or i will pick on u and the pc's will turn u in :))))))))"

what do you expect to happen when you let someone play an obviously evil,edgy character?

I would say the setting was very open ended.

tl;dr: The PCs get dumped into a world after dying tragic deaths in whatever universe they came into. They fight through weakened Daemons that try to eat the shit out of them and then get rescued.

Their escuers let them know that they are in a parallel plane where their soul is their body, and should they die of any cause, their soul is destroyed. Free Daemons feast on them, their Gods and Goddesses were cut off from them (but divien classes were able to function because of their faith being that strong) and their only hope for relative safety was to live in the walls of a great city.

they also learn about the only myth about leaving the world called for lighthouses on the edge of the world being relit, but no one has done so because each party has met grisly deaths and failures.

They learn to live their lives inside a walled city which was the size of a small European country (where they basically spent their downtime).

When they entered the city, they learned that they had come at the worst possible time, which led to many different hooks:

>The King was missing,
>there's an incoming famine because no one has the balls to leave the walls and gather resources because Daemons are roaming around
>there's a creepy ass wail coming from the mountains to the north
>citizens are complaining about strange noises coming from the witch's house
>People have been showing up in the graveyard with their hearts cut out
>The local crazyman is requesting someone to help him with "research" which leads to finding out where the towers are
>The soldiers stationed in the secluded prison tower on the edge of the walls haven't been heard from in some time.
>whatever the party wanted to do

I gave the party so many leads. The way I DM, the party chooses the direction, they walk, and I follow, filling in the draw distance.

Out of all the options to choose from, fucker chooses to cuntpunt a citizen.

>expecting the other players to put up with you just randomly threatening and killing happy villagers.

He at least has to try and be subtle. Pulling swords on random people and cunt-punching mourning women isn't going to fly with most people.

If he was way too strong for the authorities to have any power over him, and the GM just bullshitted him getting hung when it made no sense, sure, that would be rail roading. But that doesn't seem to be the chance.

You charge a monster thats too strong for you, even after you've been warned, you get wrecked. You break a law, you get sent to jail. You drink a potion of random effects, and something random happens to you.

What the fuck, is every GM supposed to let every player do whatever the fuck they want while ignoring the most basic and logical outcomes?

You might as well just be playing freeform role playing, but I"m not even sure that shit would fly there.

They were level 3 at the time of the hanging.

I don't see what this has to do with him cunt-punching a random woman in the street.

It doesn't have anything to do. I posted it more for the person who suggested they were high leveled yet got hanged.

it sounds like the gm feels the pc violates a certain vision he had for the campaign.

now if a pc doesnt fit the vision conceptually,why allow it in the game in the first place?

I have no idea where you're getting that. What it sounds like is the character did something highly likely to get himself killed in-universe and got killed in-universe.

Maybe he expected the character to be evil but to at least be smart enough to be evil without getting himself killed?

Like I said, what the heck do you expect

>lolololol I'm gonna be a WACKY evil mental patient who walks off a cliff because RANDUMB. What? I'm dead? WHAT A SHIT GM

>Never was I happier with killing a character that defiled my friend's last work.

You mistake me. Regarding this "vision" for the campaign, there was no "vision" that was being shat on.

Sure, there was always the looming threat of who the BBEG actually was, which the PCs had to investigate, but the players enjoyed relative freedom in etching out there characters and choosing what direction they wanted to go. Again, the way I DM, the party chooses the direction and actions, and I merely fill in the blanks. If they go in a part of the world that I had not thought up of or prepared for, it was my responsibility to fill that in for them.

If the problem PC kicked a civilian that I did not prepare myself beforehand for, I had to meet his action with the world's appropriate reaction. I had hoped that the problem PC would have been fixed out by the player, which never happened and led to his demise.

As for defiling my friend's last work, that character was an affront to the party (who played amazing characters that I cherish to this day. They all cried when the party face met his end) and the "spirit" of the game. I mean, what kind of person kicks someone in the gut for making weird noises at night?

The closest thing I had in that game to railroading or a vision was that the relative peace within the walls of the hub city had to be maintained or left alone by the PCs. (NPCs or small bad gus could run shit amok and cause trouble that the PCs had the choice of acting on). Otherwise, there would be consequences in the form of law.

its pretty obvious he took it personally.it was also heavily implied that it wasnt just cause and effect.

now what im trying to say is why allow an evil character if you are going to get butthurt when he does evil things?

see

How is "I killed a bunch of people and now I've been arrested" not cause and effect? I also already gave you an answer for how an evil character could be included in the campaign, yet be expected to not get themselves killed.

Honestly, I think you're just trolling or being oppositional right now. Have fun playing in a game where the gm actively makes it so everything you do has positive results no matter what.

>level 1 PC murders twenty people in broad daylight? The town guard arrives and throws CANDY at him! Hooray!

>it sounds like the gm feels the pc violates a certain vision he had for the campaign.

>As for defiling my friend's last work, that character was an affront to the party (who played amazing characters that I cherish to this day. They all cried when the party face met his end) and my "vision" of the game. I mean, what kind of person kicks someone in the gut for making weird noises at night?

lol

>CE doesnt exist

>It's a "Veeky Forums turns against the person telling the story because they're contrarian faggots" episode.
man fuck this season.

It's cause and effect, dude. Populace starts to hate someone for doing shitty things. Makes it easier for guards and the local authorities to do away with them. That was what the last straw was referring to.

The only thing I can say I was butthurt about was that his antics seemed to annoy the rest of the party.

Also, I disallowed evil aligned characters for this very reason.

CE is fine. Chaotic Stupid gets you rightfully killed, good or evil campaign.

Sebastian the fucking Gnome. I fucking hate that dude. Sebastian is his character name and he made one of his character flaws "Megalomania."

This fucker doesn't even know what that implies. He just tries to fight every fucking thing and almost intentionally fucks over the party.

I play the cleric and I've been his main opposition. So we enter this room and the DM (his own homebrew tabletop, so entirely separate from D&D), there were 4 walls with little indentions and a riddle hinting at what we were supposed to put in them to make the wall rise. Sebastian got to the one talking about a Sapphire and used one of the enchanted gems inlaid in his wand to get the door open, but jewed his way out of losing the sapphire, by snatching it out of the wall on his way under. Well, then he realized it was a closed chamber on the other side, trapped with two anti-magic sponge creatures. So he was pretty fucked as a minmaxed gnome sorcerer with no weapons. So for some reason (no clue what compelled me to help him), I put my own sapphire in the door to raise it and let him out. The fucker runs out behind me and uses a force bolt to knock me into the cave with the sponges and then tries to close the fucking door behind me, only to be stopped by the DM who basically used fait to save my life by making it so the wall had already disappeared into the ceiling. Meanwhile our rogue is trapped with two living statues and the NPCs we're trying to protect are aggroing some slimes along with our weakest players. So now I'm basically sprawled out on the floor away from the rest of the party who are all dying without the only healer present.

Worthless gnome piece of shit. I hate gnomes.

Even serial killers can cover their tracks and hide their crimes.

If you're drawing weapons on people in the middle of a street for no reason, at fucking level 3, then you'd have to have fucking plot armor to not get your shit pushed in.

>uses drizzt unironically
Shit, cut off my post.

Guess what his alignment was, Veeky Forums?

Depends entirely on the rest of the PCs' alignments really. If one nigga CE but the rest of the group is a mix of good and neutral it's only natural that the goods won't tolerate the bads.

Unless you play a fun, sneaky, Littlefinger kind of evil character.

its listed CE,so its safe to assume its CE

confusing neutral evil with chaotic evil

>Johar Giowel

I see your JoJo player

>ninja
>ever having enough feats to dual wield

thank god he died

if someone sent me this as a character bio i would seriously consider just not running the campaign

>donald t

FUCK MY LIFE FAMILY

Wow, you sound like a shit GM, railroading people like that. But then, you have shitty taste in books too, so I suppose I'm not surprised.

any guy who chooses drow should be immediately redflagged.

On a different note, I think my favorite character I had the pleasure of DMing for was an Orc Bard named Shooby Taylor (pic related).

Thanks to his disgustingly high Charisma, diplomacy, and bluff, he managed to trick everyone into thinking he was a famous Bard to the point where he ACTUALLY became a famous Bard. This became a running gag throughout the campaign, with the party even playing along and enjoyed bailing him out of situations where his spoony 8 CON and 7 DEX couldn't save him.

This Shooby Taylor gag got to the point where every BBEG they came across asked "Wait a second, are you Shooby Taylor?" before pronouncing themselves as a fan of his work.

[party comes across a undertroll blocking a blizzard bridge]
DM: Because this ice troll does not know Comm-
Shooby Taylor: I studied Undercommon! [proceeds to sing and dance as Performance]
Undertroll: Wait a second, are you Shooby Taylor?!
Shooby Taylor: Why, yes I am!

Among the party's conquests with Shooby was the party of three males and one female impregnating and consorting with an entire city of female drow who lost every male in war.

>All chaotic evil characters are so wacky and randumb that they can't even cover their tracks or take basic survival measures.

>2 dubs

this is insane

Anyway, here's the picture. The player would also play Shooby Taylor's songs whenever he was bardic performing, at a reasonable volume.

youtube.com/watch?v=fX_120DMFDQ

>this is what's giving you +2 morale bonuses to everything
>Im okay with this.jpg

thats the chaotic evil he was going for

FUCK

>cuck actually named donald

I see why he wants to live his edgy fantasy out on d20

Underrated post
Best thing I've read all day

>in 21 years there will be a whole drow city of spoony orc/drow bards who have insane singing abilities

Here's a tidbit from OOG talk after the execution

>edgy was part of his character

When he becomes president you better watch yourself

A player in my old group played a kender and got a level in a new class every time he leveled, in what was supposed to be a fairly grim, yet heroic game based around solving a string of murders.
I said "sorry, I don't think I can play with ray" to the DM in 3 sessions.
Game fell apart due to his bullshit antics. He was cheating constantly, both in character creation and rolling, apparently.

We had one character in a party roll a barbarian who's sole goal was to "kill people." With a CE alignment, he set to work trying to murder everyone in the starting town, eventually getting apprehended by the city guards. He received a magic bracelet, which was magically linked to an identical one, given to my character. So, in order for either of us to make a decision, we both have to agree, or else roll to see who's will overpowers the other's.

Luckily, once I brought a friend in to join and balance the Party, he mellowed out and has gotten considerably better, with an actual character motivation. However, one of the other Party members, who I considered a rather skillful player, is now going through personal issues and decided to take his frustration out on the rest of the team, trapping the Party inside a room with randomly spawning monsters until the exit appears again on a lucky roll by the DM. He then struck a deal with a devil and is now an evil prick who drains all life from the Party every turn.

I hate when good campaigns get tanked. The other two players and myself are trying to salvage what we can, I just feel bad for the DM.