Fantasy Horror Art Thread

Monsters, spooky places and all things macabre to give you and your players the creeps!

Baxa is love, Baxa is life

anyone lurkin'?

Man why is so much horror fantasy focused on looking "cool" and "dynamic"? The Bloodborne concept art in this thread is 99 times more unnerving and interesting than buff and pointy monster guys and pale women with shit popping out of them.

probably because body horror is the cheapest and easiest horror I'd imagine. It's easy to be afraid of a warped muscly butcher chasing you, but genuine suspense and psychological horror takes a long time to develop, and is hard to translate to the canvas. Can you be more specific with what you want, and I can try to accommodate?

Barlowe is definitely a good start. The pointy nails, green nonsense and general lack of honest vision (the blending texture on the giant, lack of perspective, dynamism the giant probably shouldn't be capable of) make the other one a lot less disconcerting. Could serve as inspiration for something worse, but only that.

Compare this illustration based off In the Hills, the Cities and you'll see what I mean. Even this picture is in that kind of "ideal shape" for people but it's got a lot more going on in the horror section. It's fairly clear that that flesh golem is a weapon, made of (probably, not seen) suffering people, while this illustration is a lot more confusing and horrible.

hm. I'll try and find some stuff in that scope then.

I'll post extra too once I'm done on the can. Until then, stay cool

I kinda like this one save for the candy-cane colorations on the spikes or whatever.

On this, does anyone have concept art or just art of the little beasts Andrej created in VTM Bloodlines? Those horrific little dog-like things.

I am. Keep posting, this is great.

Only thing I'm scared of ITT

Night Lands is fantasy, right?

My favourite thing about darkbeast Paarl is that he has a human face on top of a mummified wolven body. Creepy as fuck.

Everytime I look at this, I see new details. What is it?

Beginning dump. Make requests now.

Got anything with a kind of far east or arabian bent to it?

Can post more art of this guy I'm particular if requested.

Difficult but I can try.

Ties in well with earlier snake men. I like to use them to as kindness controlling snakes that grow eggs in the bodies of others.

Much appreciated

Iffirt.

Sorry, pic

Genie grotesque

Mad prophet

Leviathan. I have stuff that you could use with some ideas to build off of but nothing else concretely far east or Arabic.

Other requests?

you go too far!

Man, that's actually pretty unsettling.