Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/M09HXnQQ

Monster Hunter Edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
Let the tempest rage on!

New God Event when?

Wtf is "reforming". It is mentioned in a few formations but I cant find the meaning anywhere

First for Sigmar!

The pdf is in here mega.nz/#F!6EZEHQqJ!gdDBPH48LYPGDccS4YaeWA

It doesn't have a global rule.

But for example, in the seraphon heroes you can "reform a unit" which means remove all the models except one from a unit and then set all the models you removed up within a certain distance for that unit

hey one guy recommended using necron bits when converting Seraphon, to make them look more advanced, I actually just made some Gauss Immortals, what would the Tesla and Deathmark guns mix best with?

So its almost like an additional move. Kinda weird they just wouldn't tell you move

PDF of what?

I see the epubs for sylvaneth, bonesplitters, GHB, and all-gates, but no PDFs of those.

Which warscroll battalions mention reforming by the way?

Royal Morandts and King Vlagorescu's Ghoulish Host from flesh eaters
I understand the rule now, just a weird ability

Tesla stuff wouldn't work for Seraphon, it'd probably go well with Chaos or Delf stuff though.
The Deathmark stuff... their heads might make for good "ceremonial mask" bits, or perhaps as some trinkets of celestial power. I don't really know, to be honest. Just throwing ideas out there.

Terrible idea. It wouldn't fit the army's look or the fluff.

well I was working on the angle of old one tech, like the solar canon on the bastilon and the engine of the gods or the Old Blood's laser gauntlet

I've been out of the loop for a bit. Do we know what Get Started: Stormcast's battalion bonus is?

Well maybe not pdf, but still good

would need some carving and such, mic them with bits from the lizardmens native kits to make them less obvious

Not a single epub reader I've tried has worked, on my PC or my phone. I don't know why and it's very frustrating.

Guys, I need your help. I can't decide on a Start Collecting box to start with. What do you think is the best one? And which is the worse? I'm new to the game, and I'm still trying to pick from one. For those of you that play one of those factions, why did you pick it?

try readium. it works pretty great for me

Better question is what factions interest you, then choose a SC box from there.

This ain't 40k, user.

Send in the Tech Support Troll.

Friendly reminder that How To Paint Stormcast Eternals isn't in the OP and some of us really fucking want it.

I want to get the white or red paint jobs they have in the first two rows in pic related

damn that alpha legionnaire is getting better at blending in

Those are silver and purple, user.

The trick is that you need a reader that supports epup3. They are few and far in between which is bullshit.

Honestly though, I've ran clan verm and here's a few things you need to run a non-nurgle, non-skryre, more moulder/verm list.

A BSB, the immune to battleshock+reroll 1s to hit make it really valuable, but prone to being sniped.

Thretch Craventail is an excellent general to lead a clan verminus battalion. His command ability allows you to add 1 rend to a verminus unit's attacks, and 6s do double damage. While in the battalion he can apply this command ability to all this underlings.

A Verminlord would be a big boost in terms of staying power. Consider the deceiver for assassination, or the warbringer to be your general. I would consider a regular warlord aswell.

The verminus battalion requires a few weapon teams, I'd just grab ratling guns, unless you're fighting shit you need mortal wounds for, roll up with some warpfirethrowers.

You could also invest in jezzails, or plagueclaw catapults for shooting. Personally the Lightning Cannons have always done me good, but that's my opinion

In terms of combat, clanrats are lack luster, but with these leaders you can boost them into killing machines. With this in mind, you need to keep these leaders alive. Thretch has a rerollable save, and has a chance of moving after ANY charge phase, making him slippery as fuck.

Your Stormvermin are your elite troops. If you manage to get them boosted to max, they'll have 3 attacks each, wound and hit on 3+, rend 2, doing double damage on 6s.

At this point you just need a mage, and the warlock engineer is straight up the best. Archwarlock even better, but costs lots of points. Grey seer is lackluster imo, the Screeming bell is meh.

A hellpit if you need more monsters, hide an assassin in your clanrats for hero slaying, but remember that a verminlord deceiver can skitterleap any hero into kill range of their generals.

Hope this helps kill man-things

The problem is that I have no idea on what each faction is all about, execpt for the Daemons and the Stormcast/Bloodbound. Could you give me a run down on who they are and how they play?

honestly dude, 1d4chan is your best friend here

Sorry about the late reply btw

>Your Stormvermin are your elite troops. If you manage to get them boosted to max, they'll have 3 attacks each, wound and hit on 3+, rend 2, doing double damage on 6s.

You also reroll 1s to hit with the BSB nearby

I forgot, my friend that loves rats did this a few weeks ago.

And this too.

Just ordered me a maw-krusha and some more Ork Dice (because Im such a nerd!).

But a question, the anticipated "starter set" who actually features 3 Gore Gruntas, why does it costs less than 3 Gore Gruntas when you get all that extra shit in it?

Not much of a boxed set if everything costs the same as if you bought it separate, is it?

because GW isn't shit for some reason

starter box costs 6 bucks more on the US shop

Order -> Good guys
Chaos -> Bad guys
Death -> Dead guys
Destruction -> Frat guys

Stormcast are big armoured beefcakes who can do no wrong
Dwarfs are manlets with awesome beards
Elves are androygenous pompous ashsoles
Trees are horrible tree monsters

Their are four chaos gods, bloodbound are mortals devoted to Khorne, they like skulls and blood
Nurgle likes blood and pus and nasty things
Slaanesh likes not existing and titties
Tzeentch likes pranking everyone else and also fiery magic

The undead are typical B-movie monsters, skeletons, ghouls, vampires etc (they're pretty rad)

Goblins are funny small green things
Orks are angry normal sized green things
Ogors are large angry mongolians who eat everything

You forgot the Slann master race that REEEE in space for all eternity you warmblooded pest.

>Stormcast are big armoured beefcakes who can do no wrong

GOD I WISH give us some bara Stormcasts please, or at least some bara Chaos warriors and beastmen

dinosaurs riding bigger dinosaurs

GROT MASTER RACE

ORRUKS AND OGORS HONOURARY GROTS

STAB THE SIGMARINES

REALM WAR NOW

Well its almost £1 cheaper on firestormgames. I just found it odd.

Ok if it had the initial cost, but with a few bucks cheaper, as so to make a great deal. But to cost less than 1 of the initial boxes that already comes inside the box?!? Thats like giving stuff away for free, and remember this is GW we are talking about!

Yeah, the Dark Age of Kirby is over.

The Glorious Reign of God King Rountree is come.

>yfw you realise Age of Sigmar is about Games Workshop

Several of the other SC boxes have models in the $80+ range (mortis engine, Carnosaur) so it's not unprecedented. I'm glad GW is actually trying to make good deals with most of this stuff.

THERE WILL BE NO KAT UPLOADER VERSION.

The scanning/converting group have become invite only and all new material will be traded for other uploads with temporary and limited d/l links.

It's a callback to when you moved in formations and "paid" movement to change facing or rank-size

>I'm never going to get the beast arises novels now

well fuck

>The first four numbers of the new White Dwarf miniature come with a gift. The first mini will come with the September, and will be worth around 20 €. The price of the magazine is 8 € .

>It is almost as thick as the General Manual Age of Sigmar. Including the magazine in its 156 pages :

>Reports of extensive battle.

>Painting guides and reports of ‘Eavy Metal.

>How Citadel miniatures are made. Possibly the first report of this kind will focus on Nagash.

>Articles and background to campaigns or thematic headings.

>More warscrolls.

>No advertising or commercial developments: these will be announced weekly through social networks.

New white dwarf sounds like it's gonna be gud.

>first for WD come with gifts

Wait, we get gifts september, october, november and decemeber?

That was the old standard.

>New white dwarf sounds like it's gonna be gud.

Sounds like it's back to the old white dwarf which makes me endlessly happy. That was the only magazine I picked up every month without fail.

Don't go to 1d4chan cuz it's full of biased bullshit esspecially when it comes to AoS.

If you are interested in lore just leaf through the Grand Alliance books, since most old Fantasy races are now seperate subfactions.

But honestly, they really are what they look like on the surface. Order Serpentis for instance look like evil/cruel knights that like dragons and dinosaurs. Well guess what they are?

There are some slight subversions but most of the factions are now quite straight forward. The lore for Grand Alliance order is in the OP I think. Dunno about the other ones.

Apparently.

I know, still good that it's going back.

I'm going to be picking up the 12 month subscription, seems cheap enough and good value.

I'll probably pre-order the first four at face value for the free minis, if the mag is good I'll subscribe

Any idea what mini comes with?

only the price of the mini was leaked, it's an 18 pounder for the first one.

My money is on the sigmarine with the flag

Only thing I know is look at the 18£ range for an example of the sort of thing it'll be.

I'd guess maybe an Age of Sigmarised Dwarf.

it's a good deal, but it essentially renders many individual model kits superfluous. why not make carnosaurs cheaper so people still have a reason to buy their individual kits? it doesn't make sense economically to have have 2 identically priced products where one has everything the other has, but with more stuff in included.

w..what?

if it's the dwarf I'll kill myself

Well, I mean, at some point, you don't want more saurus knights

No you won't.

I keep waiting for something like lotr article or something bad..

I'd rather have the dwarf, no need for a useless sigmarine in my Ironweld Arsenal.

...you right, you right

So you want a fyreslayer hero in your ironweld arsenal?

That's bonkers

Good because Steampunk Dwarfs are being released in September.

Looks like you haven't heard that new non Fyreslayer Duardin are coming. They were confused for Squats by rumourmongers.

>it's an 18 pound mini that's already out

yeah you missed a KEY part of the first present hint buck-o

it's going to be the stormcast banner bearer

Not that user, but essentially why buy a Mortarch for 62€ when for 3€ more you get a Mortarch plus a unit of skeletons and one of black knights?

Doesn't matter if they sell a single one or a boxed set, they still sold a kit.

where did you see that it was an already released model?

Only thing that mentioned already released stuff was when it said to look at 18£ models for an idea of what it might be like, not that it's one of them.

the profit margin on plastic is obscenely high.

so long as they sell product they're doing fine.

Has anyone tried an Everchosen army?

Looking at the warscrolls of the units and their points I just don't see it working.

>Steampunk Dwarfs
They better have shortstack hotties too.

They have like 3 units. That's not really main army numbers. Lots of factions need to be mixed to work.

Anyone know what's coming in August?

Beastclaw Raiders out on the 6th, what then?

who here gonna get the Start Collecting! BloodBound box when it drops this weekend??

Khorne a shit

if I get it, it won't be when it drops

I always wanted a Savage Orc tribe in WHFB but missed the boat. New to AoS, can I play Bonesplitterz with a few Ironjawz and not be total ass?

Yes, go for it.

well ima get it... cant wait to add 10 more blood warriors.. just finished these

I bought two starter kits so...

two bloodbound? how?

I exchanged money for it?

What a fucking concept

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Starter Set
$125

You can easily find it cheaper too, if you know where to look

What's the deal with Slanessh? Are his/her armies still viable fluff wise? Or would it be weird to see them on the battlefield?

New to AOS and thinking of doing a slanessh themed slaves to darkness army

Slaanesh has disappeared but hir followers and daemons are still around. Some are trying to find Slaanesh, some are claiming to be Slaanesh reborn, and some are just partying.

>Are his/her armies still viable fluff wise?

Yes

>Or would it be weird to see them on the battlefield?

No

>What's the deal with Slanessh?

Tyrion, Teclis and Malekith (now Malerion) are Gods and band together to find and capture Slaanesh.

Then they're busy forcing all the Aelf souls out of him/her. Meanwhile, various high powered Slaaneshi Daemons and Mortal Champions are all trying to replace Slaanesh or find where the Aelf Gods have hidden her/him.

So seeing them around isn't odd at all.

strong rumours pointing to the Slaughterpriest with hackblade.

Excellent! Thanks guys, I Can't wait to finish my current 40k and get working on some purple goodness!

I wanted that mini so that's perfect.

Welcome, brother!

Slaanesh will rise again!

Go get a room. Or a dungeon or whatever it is you Slaaneshi types do.

but you dont get no deamon horsey knights

Exibitionism

yo guys, just crunched the numbers-- Nurglings are the best pound for pound unit in the game-- no joke

sure, bro
to weight that you must have put EVERY special rule on EVERY warscoll in relation to EVERY other existing special rule to

you sure did that

btw I would like to have the raw data because now it's a small step to create the perfect objective point value for every model

What kind of rumors? Wouldn't they launch it with an actual dwarf?