Homebrew Space Marine/CSM Chapters

Tell me what you got.

Festering Tongues, an unusual Nurgle CSM chapter, rather than using biological diseases the festering tongues decay the minds and ideologies of the emporer with meaningless rituals, empty slogans, and catchy jingles. Conversations between Festering Tongues marines at first sound like unwavering loyalty to the emporer but soon it becomes apparent that they are just reciting phrases, echoes of a time when they were sane, kinda like a cleverbot conversation with more "FOR THE EMPORER"

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Expanded_Minor_Chapters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

*Emperor

It's spelled Emperor you fucking sperganaught.

Im just gonna leave it at Spite Marines, and that i spent like a month or two writing a partial codex with a friend for em.

Do you think a bunch of non-sentient space marines know how to spell?

I would strongly argue that Adeptus Astartes are sentient, despite not remembering theur previous lives.

Though their common language is most likely similar to Latin... I wouldn't expect them to have any grasp of thereal world English language.

You however appear to be a native English speaker and primary school drop out.

Fucking educate yourself you microsephallic astro austist.

I've got some sort of Tibetan Buddhist/Hinduism inspired Chaos Space Marines and would love feedback. Not too happy with the name as it feels somewhat clunky (Naraka is the name of Buddhist hell) so if anyone has any ideas for that I'd like to hear them.

Ruling over the Warp Rift known as the Kalachakran Abyssal, the Narakan Mystics make their home in a great city, carved into the corpse of a void whale locked in the orbit of a dying star.

While it is partially accurate to say that The Narakan Mystics worship the Dark Gods as a Pantheon, they infact worship a bewildering number of other spirits and minor deities in addition to the four main Dark Gods. Some of these minor deities are seen as aspects of the primary four, while others are seen as belonging to Chaos as a whole.

Due to the Eldritch location of their home, sorcerery is much more common and potent among their ranks, and the majority of the most senior Narakan Mystics are highly powerful sorcerers. However, many others are priests and orators known as Black Tulkus, who are highly learned in heretical mantras, rituals and song, and are perhaps comparable to the Dark Apostles of the Word Bearers.

Organisationally, the Narakan Mystics have traditionally been decentralised, with individual sorcerers and Black Tulkus each presiding over a different sect or coven of differing sizes and influence. Some may be dedicated to the Gods as a Pantheon, while others may be focused on the worship of a number of the smaller deities. If cooperation happens between two sects, it is often temporary and done through gritted teeth.

In battle, the Narakan Mystics prioritise mobility and flexibility to raw power, using a large number of aircraft to assault enemy positions coupled with lightning strike assaults from Marines mounted on bikes and dread claw deep strikes. Lacking any unified war cry, the Narakan Mystics instead chant, wail and throat sing, as if in frenzied prayer.

>english
>what is low gothic
>being this much heretical

This is pretty cool man. Especially the throat singing war cry.

Great idea but maybe expand more on how then further cultivate their inherit mysticism. Depending on how you do this it will not only further flesh out your fluff but can possibly connect them more with the Buddhist theme you're going for.

Why not "Sons of Naraka" or something like that?

Been working on these guys for a while, not really satisfied with them but nevermind. Never did figure out a good name for them either.

Generally a small warband, numbering only a few dozen actual marines as they only recruit the most honorbound and lucid of Astartes that worship Khorne, they often make use of and train simple mortals in their own mold for above all they venerate warfare in all its forms and wish to perpetuate it into eternity. It is the sole reason for their existence.
They never stay in one location for too long, always on the prowl for a new battlefield to recruit, salvage, or fight on. Though they tend to choose their fights carefully, it is a stupid warrior that charges needlessly into death they figure.
They are lead by a small council of five marines, and one mortal. Only the most cunning and heroic warriors are chosen for the council, however. So duels for leadership are frequent and deadly.
They also have a great deal of reverence for mortals, especially the ones with combat ability. Once the charges they had sworn to protect, they now seek to elevate the mortals beyond themselves for they realize, that their numbers are not easily replaced.

Some tzeentchian warband that was bleached bome because was my favourite paint, made weak rubricae marines out of death company by o.g. Sorcerer and sanguinary priest

Big scary helmets and Jack up Vox casters while having the Sorcerors throat sing would be pants shittingly terrorizing.

Oh, most Astartes are sentient, but the Festering Tongues are only borderline sentient, just enough to feed chaos.

First off, sorry no pic but here it goes

The Primarchs guard
A strike force that was created throughout the great crusade in secret with the help of most of the primarchs. They are given different Geneseed than their adopted chapter (I. E being in the alpha legion but we having the Lions geneseed). After the astarte finish their 2nd mission as a full fledged astarte, they would secretly be taken out of the legion and transfered secretly into another. This was done in order to have a highly specialized astarte that can adapt to any situation more effectively and to aid the current legion they are working with some weaknesses. At the outbreak of the heresy, the primarch in charge had all the astartes and scouts go into the DAoT stasis pods until they were awoken. The special thing about the stasis pods is that they were simulators supposedly meant for long time travel without the use of FTL travel. One of the leaders (1 "company" leader for each legion) was awoken by an inquisition team in M40.001 boarding this newly discovered space hulk. After a scuffle and what not the astarte was given a long history lesson about the heresy and what appended once he was awoken. He then ran and purged most of the astartes and scouts, still in their stasis pods, that had a traitor primarchs geneseed in them or had been brought up as a traitor legion. Other than that they have some 15 marines awake and 600 in stasis still, they have the allegiance of the Dark angels , blood angels and small sects of the inquisition and at a later date the black Templars, and ultramarines , from which they get "loaned" astartes because the inquisition and high lords refuse to let them use their spare geneseed as it has been sitting around for nearly 10000 years.
The color scheme for them is mainly metallic gold and then hot pink highlights and the astartes on loan retain their original armor.

I once mused over the idea of a chapter that were basically the dragoons from the ff series. But I just painted a bunch of marines purple and blue and never got further than that.

Nice ideas so far, you guys.

Anyone else write about their custom stuff? I actually think I write too much, I nearly have a full novel written and have essentially finished a codex for my guys as well

Still dont have a painting scheme or name picked out but here goes two ideas.

First Idea is a fallen space marine chapter, Thinking perhaps some derivative of Black Templar, They became obsessed with combating the forces of chaos and over time they became consumed by conflict. Eventually some space marines used the power of khorne to fight the other traitor legions they fought with. Eventuallyu it got to the point where Chapter master had a bright idea to "Go into the Warp and shoot Khorne in the face" Most of the chapter was killed but when the remaining space marines were seen again They had fully given themselves to waging war in Khornes name.

Second Idea is a group of space marines who became obsessed with the human form and fire, They seek to cleanse the galaxy of hideous mutants and abhumans (including the ones that the imperium needs to survive. They represent the "perfection" aspect of Slaanesh. As they fall further they have begun to utilize human beings for more and more tasks in forms of slavery and turning people into living machinery. They cover armor in human flesh as human flesh is obviously perfect.

There's a couple over here that I thought were pretty good

1d4chan.org/wiki/Expanded_Minor_Chapters

Black Label Legion (blue armor is actually painted to resemble blue jeans)

>Led by chaos champion Zakk the almighty savage, with his Les Paul pattern sonic weapon and his warbike o'doom.
>Heavy use of bikes and sonic weaponry
>Warband owns two Maulerfiends, called the "Sleeping Dogs"
>Every unit has a different Black Label Society album cover symbol painted on their shoulderpad
>Rhinos are painted as tour buses
>Systematically raid every imperial brewery they can find
>Wear beards and leather jackets

They worship chaos as a whole and only aim to spread the fun that is a good fightin' to galaxy as a whole. They actually sworn allegiance to Abbadon, because he's quite a nice lad, when you get to know him.

Thanks guys. I was thinking that the war cry could also be some sort of battle code that would serve three purposes: A - mutated giant supermen dressed throat singing to each other while they kill you is fucking terrifying as you said. B - as Astartes have sensitive hearing they'd be able to discern minute changes in the chant, which would dictate a different action depending on whatever mantra was being sung. C - it ties into the highly religious nature of the Narakan Mystics as a highly ritualistic society. With ascension to daemonhood being the obvious nirvana analogue, they essentially view their lives as being one gigantic ritual leading them to ascension. It is one that the smallest number manage to complete and lacks any substantial instructions on how to complete. What is agreed upon throughout the Narakan Mystics regardless of Sect or patron deity, is that battle in the name of the Gods therefore is one of the most important rituals one can participate in to achieve their dark nirvana and all participants therefore have an impetus to cooperate to make sure they succeed, thus leading to the use of battle mantras as both prayer and a method of communication.

The rest of their beliefs are sort of up in the air. As the void whale Naraka doubles as a city, the Narakan Mystics rule over a huge number of mortals numbering in the billions, they utilise a caste system to maintain a semblance of control.

They also believe the warp itself is the purest expression of divinity that in many ways sits above even the Dark Gods. In fact, many of the 'Undivided’ sects could more accurately be described as worshippers of the Warp. The Emperor and the Astronomicon also play a part in their belief structure, as the total anathema of the four Gods and the warp itself. The 'Light That Languishes’ represents everything that the belief system of the Narakan Mystics find abhorrent: the four great lies of peace, healing, self-denial and stagnancy.

As the warp storm they come from is known as an 'Abyssal', I was thinking that they could be named after that instead.

Abyssal Mystics, Abyssal Horde, Sons of the Abyssal, something like that?

I really like their godamn colour scheme.