Right-Wing Fantasy?

You know, I was just wondering.

I've been reading a lot of stuff from Arc Dream, particularly Progenitor and Godlike - As well as the upcoming Godlike campaign, which is about black tankies fighting the Nazis.

Pathfinder and WoD have a lot of the pro-liberal stuff, and we've all seen how the Confederacy is a stand-in for evil in most game settings.

With that in mind, are there any settings which are predominantly right-wing? I don't mean racist, it's just that I really can't get behind the very liberal principles that have slowly but surely crept into a lot of gaming material. Sort of like how 5E has to state that your character can be of any orientation or whatever.

I mean, I'm just not really onboard with the whole thing. Are there any games with very conservative, very traditional values? Sort of like the opposite of Blue Rose? So far, the only one I've really found is Warhammer 40K.

You could try making your own setting, but we all know that conservatards are not very creative

Also, for a game about humans who become ubermensch by pulling themselves up by their bootstraps, you'd think Exalted would be very right-wing. Oddly enough, it isn't - There's a lot of weird sex stuff, and there are those freaks with weird pronouns in the recent Third Edition.

This is pretty much entirely dependent on DM and how they choose to spin the world.

>40K
>traditional values
It shits all over conservative values. What you want is MYFAROG.

Because conservatism is inherently anti-fantasy.

Alternatively, RaHoWa.

Because you mentioned the Confederacy, there's a game called Dinosaur Planet where you play as traditional Southerners in space with dinosaur friends. Definitely plays up the idea of the 'Gentleman South', and the mechanized North is the major opponent.

Not really. 40K is fundamentally conservative in nature. It's grim and dark, yes, but it's also refreshingly free of the weird pro-homosexuality stuff that's increasingly being pushed.

I mean, does anyone remember Aberrant? That RPG was literally written by a gay man with issues. Hence, nearly all the important characters were gay and infallible. (I'll add that the main villain, Divis Mal, was homosexual Aryan Magneto with the annoying twist that he was right.)

>40K is fundamentally conservative in nature
Have you ever considered that you might be of significantly low intelligence?

>40k is fundamentally conservative in nature

I find it funny the /pol/ tard is assuming the conservatism is good in 40k.

It's a dystopian hell-future.

Do you think Baroque cruel Feudalism is Conservative?

The issue isn't whether conservatism is 'good'. It's whether it's 'right'.

If there's a setting where the heroes constantly defend the shining white city from the hordes of illegal imm - I mean, orcs and demons - pouring out of the Middle Ea - FAR EAST - it's not a fun setting to live in, but I can get behind that.

Ad hominem attacks against an opposing point of view. Typical liberal. You're probably a vegan too

>If there's a setting where the heroes constantly defend the shining white city from the hordes of illegal imm - I mean, orcs and demons

Wat.

It's a bout a Dystopian Empire bravely holding onto it's facist grasp as it's own corruption seeps through the cracks.

I mean most of the "Heroes" in the Imperium are pretty liberal, like the Space Wolves, Ultramarines and Salamanders.

They're still ubermensch enforcers of the status quo. The Space Wolves are extremely violent and brutal Vikings (Abnett version) or wolf-obsessed barbarians. Ultramarines are Roman patricians. Salamanders are noble tribal warriors turned into ultratech fire-obsessed blacksmiths.

I mean, sure they're nicer to civilians. But they still bring death to aliens of all stripes and are unbending enforcers of the Emperor's wrath. They don't fly the rainbow flag or undermine the war effort.

I don't get it. Based on your description of what you think conservative values are, you're asking for a campaign setting written by a foaming-at-the-mouth bigot? I would think the more serious conservatives of Veeky Forums might take offense to these assumptions.

Supporting equal rights (or at the very least, a less intrusive government that just doesn't give a shit what goes on in its citizens' private lives) hardly seems incompatible with being conservative. There's no written rule that conservatives must go out of their way to suppress people of other lifestyles or beliefs.

>pro-liberal stuff
>Sort of like how 5E has to state that your character can be of any orientation or whatever.

I don't see what that has to do with liberalism.

And were you born yesterday? D&D manuals have consistently used "she" as a gender-neutral pronoun for ages. Not to mention that female characters are statistically equal to their male counterparts.

So, enforcing notions of gender equality are fine, but equality for persons of different sexual orientations is incompatible with your vision of what it means to be a conservative? Help me out here, OP.

This post is so fucking witless that I can't tell the purpose behind it. It doesn't work as anything, be it actual opinion, bait, or false flag.

>D&D manuals have consistently used "she" as a gender-neutral pronoun for ages

Big if true.

I'm surprised no one has been screaming about SJWs and misandry if that's the case. I guess the people that talk about PC culture are right; we really have grown overly sensitive as of late.

>Also, for a game about humans who become ubermensch by pulling themselves up by their bootstraps, you'd think Exalted would be very right-wing. Oddly enough, it isn't - There's a lot of weird sex stuff, and there are those freaks with weird pronouns in the recent Third Edition.

Grabowski was very explicitly libertarian.

>But they still bring death to aliens of all stripes and are unbending enforcers of the Emperor's wrath.

Space Wolves are notoriously unabashed in their hatred of the uncaring bureaucracy of the Imperium, and have literally come to blows with the Inquisition over the civilians they so rightly protect.

The Ultramarines are one of the most likely chapters to side with Eldar or even the Tau in times of need.

Salamanders destroy your idea of Ubermensch because the Godly space marines are not the peak of their family units, the elders are.

So, a quick checkup on the definition of being conservative vs liberal tells me that conservatives are free market capitalists who value a limited government, a strong national defense and empowerment of individual responsibility and a focus on individualism, materialism and competition in general.

That sounds pretty much like most RPGs, OP. Honestly it just sounds like you don't like women and gays.

It's because nobody really cared, we didn't see newsfeed after newsfeed saying "Move over boys, D&D is for women now!"

Because history is about moving forward, progress.

Tradition is inherently anti-progress, conservatism is anti-progress.

This is the wrong side of history, why should you ever portray the wrong side of history as good?

Yeah, but the Space Wolves still serve the Imperium. They're utterly loyal to it. They don't agree with the Inquisition, but when they stood up to the Inquisition? They lost. We explicitly see the Grey Knights tracking down the dudes from Armaggedon the Wolves saved, and killing them and everyone they met.

The Ultramarines still hate the Eldar and the Tau. They're arm's-length allies at best. They don't welcome aliens into their ranks. It's the dynamic where colonial powers would make native allies, but would be quite happy to give the poor bastards the chop.

The Salamanders are absolute rulers of Nocturne. Their family unit is the tribe, and the Promethean cult stands above all. They don't literally take orders from mortal Elders, you know. Sure they have affinity with their tribes, but their commanders are 100% Space Marines. There's no mortal input into the Chapter business at all.

>pathfinder has pro-liberal stuff.

How does it have stuff that supports liberalism, pray-tell?

Cheliax may be nazis, but Andoren is just colonial America. Varisia is more akin to the south with pirates, shitty corrupt liberal and conservative cities, galt is a terrifying revolution addicted nation. Numeria is a tech-wasted wasteland. Taldor is spain.

The adventure paths are all up to the players and the gm, if it feels more conservative in nature or liberal in nature, then look around at your players and the gm.

Hasn't that been Paizo and Magic's MO for a while now, though?

Move over boring white men, it's time to show what color can do?

Lord of the Rings is pretty right wing.

>Grabowski was very explicitly libertarian.

Wait fuck, I remembered wrong.

Grabowski:
>I'm not an anarchist, Tanuki. I'm a new conservative. Think Arianna Huffington and Andrew Sullivan. I am, however, flattered.

>White Wolf is actually a very diverse work environment, with several flavors of conservatism, several flavors of leftism, and several flavors of I-don't-care-and-would-you-all-shut-up. I think there were probably some outspoken developers who encouraged like-minded writers to express their politics in their work. I personally try to keep my writers pretty apolitical -- that's just required for the game. Exalted really only works when it's explicit that the only reason your character is looking heroic is because you're the protagonist. While I'm not shy about my own politics, I try not to let it color my work.

Hah! Remember back when Huffington was conservative? That's been some twenty years now.

>I don't mean racist
Yes you do, you just want to not have people point it out to you.

>being right-wing is exclusively about genital stuff and pronouns
how about you kill yourself

The Space wolves are pro-Humanity, and humanitys best bet is the Imperium, the Horus Heresy fucked the Space Wolves over mentally, they basically refused to go back to being the attack dogs of faceless overlords.

Actually, on the subject of Eldar, Space Marines as a majority have learned "Try to be nice to them as best you can" because Eldar and Tau are the only nutcases willing to ally with humans and not stab them in the back 100%. Hell, there are stories of Grey knights saving doomed craftworld soulstones just to give them to the Eldar as a show of good faith.

Hell, the Entire Black library setup shows you're a fucking moron with Lexicanum tier knowledge.

Also, for the record, the leaders of the tribes on Nocturne are not the Space Marines, they stand apart from the hierarchy. Yes, they are the feudal lords, but they know nothing on how to run a single tribe much less a planet, same as the Space Wolves.

I've been working on a setting where the elves and dwarfs have enslaved the orcs and eat their babies as a delicacy, but maybe that's not right-wing enough?

Yeah...I just...being right wing isn't inherently evil but shit like:

>If there's a setting where the heroes constantly defend the shining white city from the hordes of illegal imm - I mean, orcs and demons - pouring out of the Middle Ea - FAR EAST - it's not a fun setting to live in, but I can get behind that.

Then you are getting pretty far into 'Racist' rather than 'Right Wing'.

I mean, to go on the Video Game front you have stuff like Reccetear. Which is 100% about Capitalism and using free market economics to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and achieving greatness you worked for. That's a very right wing sort of ideal but it's not taking shots at anyone/saying nasty things about anyone.

>How does it have stuff that supports liberalism, pray-tell?

Have you *heard* some of the stuff that comes out of Paizo's mouth on their forums, or the way they've designed their setting?

One of the lead developers literally called women who have more than two children "breeders", and has openly boasted that women are every bit as capable of men in all things because Golarion lacks the "primordial sin of misogyny" quite like theirs.

They have a lesbian couple in almost every AP, and yet every time you see a heterosexual pairing they're either raw evil or the man died (sometimes seconds before the scene happens!) Transsexualism is not only a common thing in the setting, it's openly shoved in your face such as the lesbian tranny in Wrath of the Righteous. Every major country that isn't some decaying shit-heap is ruled by a woman, and every decaying shit-heap has a woman heir. Rulers are praised for their progressive qualities, and people who show signs of embracing their culture are sneered.

They literally have trigger warnings in Hell's Rebels because their Fucking White Male antagonist was kind of evil, this is the same AP that features the party discussing how to rescue Literally San Francisco from previously mentioned Fucking White Male in a Halfling-ran Starbucks.

Dude, go on /pfg/ and ask about the liberal agenda of these people, it's insane.

Romans were pretty right-wing and theyre generally considered the "good guys"

>Hell, the Entire Black library setup shows you're a fucking moron with Lexicanum tier knowledge.

Even the Sisters of Battle are involved in working with the Eldar on occasion and they are the definition of Fanatical. They worked with the Eldar to make sure that knowledge of Slannesh' true name was not lost so that the Eldar could have a chance to destroy him one day.

>eat their babies as a delicacy
It depends on the amount of salt.

Haha, I remember that. I remember how Wrath of the Righteous, when my group ran it, turned into an NTR story with the lesbian/transsexual couple entirely excised.

I mean, some of the shit was questionably and just mean-spirited, but shitting on the concept of the AP was great.

>Every liberal is automatically a LGBTQIA+ supporter vegan hipster feminist bla bla /pol/ shitty memespewing

Suck a dick, I just like free market and I don't give a shit about people's sexuality or whatever. It doesn't faze me.
You americans have weird "liberals".

lol u r cuck get redpilled fag!!!

>Romans
>Right wing

You know in Rome the Government was the absolute?

Rend unto Caesars what is Caesars and all that.

No, a right-wing one would be hordes of murdering, raping orcs constantly attacking the valiant free peoples, and the only true way to get rid of the orc problem is by genocide.

Ultimately the protagonists implement that genocide.

>Space Wolves are notoriously unabashed in their hatred of the uncaring bureaucracy of the Imperium, and have literally come to blows with the Inquisition over the civilians they so rightly protect.

Ah yes, so unlike IRL conservatives who never complain about the Federal Government.

40K is immensely conservative.

Try writing up a list of things that are associated with "conservative," then run it past a conservative friend and have him hit you for each thing you added to the list that conservatives don't think of as conservative. Remove those things. The remaining list will describe 40K very well.

Tradition, faith, military virtue, patriotism, cobbled with a world-view that "we're right and the others are terrible people" (Hint: This world-view isn't exclusively conservative but conservatives also have it)

And who was in the government? The wealthiest people of rome. Who all had businesses

>One of the lead developers literally called women who have more than two children "breeders", and has openly boasted that women are every bit as capable of men in all things because Golarion lacks the "primordial sin of misogyny" quite like theirs.

Speaking of misogyny, it's funny I should bring that up because, for a setting that supposedly lacks the primordial sins we do, it's a world where misogyny still exists - not misandry of course, oh no that isn't a thing, because while you'll find *literally misogyny demons* they're all male and built around men or women being mean to women for their gender.

You won't find misandry demons, because you can't discriminate against men. Which is odd, because they have Hag Goddesses dedicated to spite and serviced mostly by women, and yet it never makes mention of them targeting men or being assholes towards men in particular.

That AP was such wasted potential oh my god. They had a very simple Good vs. Evil "fight the demons" story and what did they do with it?

Half the cast is gay, half of it. The other half are Literally Demon Sluts or haggard, tired assholes like the Queen. The story has battles within while fighting the war without, but how do they use it? Do we get fatal flaws and deep desires that the demons can use against you?

Oh no, that shit is whack, instead you get the gay black man's twink lover suffering from drug addiction.

this is hilarious.

OP most fantasy is about litle guys fighting a big evil empire.

Also like, the evil gays like RPGs and want to be included too. You can still play 5e without gays, you don't have to follow what they write in the rulebook.

Then again you probs don't want anything to do with a company that supports the gays.

There's a demoness who is literally made of shit.

Nobody cares about your dumb game, Kristian.

>Yes you do, you just want to not have people point it out to you.

>My political enemies are exclusively evil and I cannot imagine they have good reasons for their beliefs.

How's it feel, down there in Kohlberg Stage 3?

Technically the equites had the businesses; the senators considered actually doing business to be beneath them.

They made up for it by individually owning more land than some modern European nations, but they didn't consider it a business.

>needing to make everything about politics
why

This is also ignoring Paizo's supreme obsession with Chaotic Good as THE BEST ALIGNMENT EVER, which is on-par with Eclipse Phase's obsession with showing how Anarchists are amazing.

You poor bastard, Arc Dream is really bad about that. The Kerebos Club spoils the Victorian setting by having Queen Victoria prematurely put down the Indian Mutiny, and two of the sample characters (Night Hag and Orlando) are feminist self-inserts.

No, he's been pretty racist in-thread. It's not really making assumptions.

>Everything conservative

Well according to this 40k is literally the opposite of Conservative and right wing, considering the Government is the absolute controller and there is little market for free people outside of maybe Rogue traders.

40k is actually a Totalitarian hellhole. The fact that you think that is Conservative is adorable.

Not that guy, but I was looking for something with the worldview of films like American Sniper, Black Hawk Down and 13 Hours, where the 'other' is fundamentally alien, untrustworthy and often evil.

Like that scene in Legion where John Grammaticus has to infiltrate Mecca.

Left vs right had nothing to do with how powerful the government is.

>render unto Ceasar
And what the fuck does the seperation of church snd state have to do with the price of apples?

Just because they didnt consider it a business doesnt mean its not a business by todays standard. And no, equites did not take care of all the business in the roman world. A lot of senators owned quarries, gladiator schools not to mention they were granted farmland as soon as they became a senator.

>No, he's been pretty racist in-thread. It's not really making assumptions.

Might have been a different user.

>>needing to make everything about politics
>why

Everything is already about politics. If you cannot see this, congratulations - your political opinions are so mainstream they just feel like facts. If OP has different politics, that might grate on him.

I think you're confusing "conservative" and "reactionary". The conservative bloc in US politics has largely been taken over by reactionary forces, so it's an understandable mistake.

>where the 'other' is fundamentally alien, untrustworthy and often evil
So xenophobic?

>Left vs right had nothing to do with how powerful the government is.

Hahahahahahaha

>Like that scene in Legion where John Grammaticus has to infiltrate Mecca.

Non-Muslims are literally not allowed to enter Mecca, it's illegal.

You mean realistic?

>Might have been a different user.

Might have, yes but it's pretty consistent with the OP asking for games and responding to people talking to OP.

Giving the benefit of the doubt that OP isnt as massive of a faggot as he's sounding and assuming that he really wants:

>An Us VS Them rpg with black and white morality
>nothing to do with blatant politics or identity issues aside from you identifying with your land and your need to protect it
>The enemy is not redeemable, and there is nothing at stake but the survival of you and your people

If this is correct, then it sounds like you just want a good ole' classic dungeon crawl and knights'n'dragons adventure.

>Or you can go make/adjust your own settings

>40k
>any games with very conservative, very traditional values?
op,you are a special kind of stupid
why can't you just ignore politics in a game you play for fun?

Well, yeah. He sneaks in while disguising himself as an Arab, using his psychic powers. Just viewing the depiction of their holy book makes him physically ill, as the entire culture is corrupted by Chaos.

Interestingly, the Imperial Guard forces fighting against them are Indians and Sikhs. Also, the ultimate weapon of the Chaos forces is a Black Cube, and they rely heavily on suicide bombings.

Left thinks government should have more power in regulating economic and domestic affairs, right thinks government should be less involved in private affairs and should focus on protecting citizen's extant liberties and strengthening defense.

You would love FATAL.

Leftists run the gambit from anarchists to Stalinists and rightists from ancaps to Nazis.

gamut

>Might have, yes but it's pretty consistent with the OP asking for games and responding to people talking to OP.

I'm not gonna say you're wrong.

What I _am_ gonna say is, when the user explicitly says "not racist," I am going to take his word for it.

>An Us VS Them rpg with black and white morality
>nothing to do with blatant politics or identity issues aside from you identifying with your land and your need to protect it
>The enemy is not redeemable, and there is nothing at stake but the survival of you and your people

The weird thing is that...none of those are inherently right wing. Right wing arguments often use them these days but the actual ideas are not really right wing.

>Not really. 40K is fundamentally conservative in nature.

So that's why Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka was named after Margaret Thatcher?

And do tell me what kind of rightist are you OP?

I'm a bit cynical for that but I respect it.

Well, I voted Brexit.

>Left thinks government should have more power in regulating economic and domestic affairs

Right just nominated Donald "let's have more trade barriers" Trump for POTUS.

Left instead nominated Hillary "TPP sounds like a great plan" Clinton.

You analysis is not retarded, there are some overall trends in the direction you're talking of, but your analysis is simplified.

>why can't you just ignore politics in a game you play for fun?

Maybe he thinks his game will be more fun if it seems believable? I know I, for one, like games more when the mechanics and the setting match up.

Brexit had literally nothing to do with a Right vs Left wing policy though.

It's pretty funny hearing a Britbong spout shit like an American conservative though.

You sure you're not a paki m8?

The left is more than the democrats and the right is more than the republicans.

Agreed, but like you said thats what people assume to be the case.

If any of this were a matter of fact we wouldnt sit here arguing over it now would we? Its all opinionated bullshit imo and I just wanna play a session already ;_;

I didn't say it was good, I said it was a genuinely conservative game unlike 40K.

>Well, I voted Brexit.

There are multiple reasons to join the trump/brexit group though. For example, I am mighty appreciative of the narratives of the lower classes that make them want to vote that direction - I, too, would be fucking pissed if, for decades, my culture had been polite society's idea of a punchline.

This is actually a good question. The thing is, while I'm a conservative, I agree that some liberal values are acceptable. It's just that I don't agree with EVERYTHING the left-wingers spout, and I prefer Trump in the grand scale of things.

That one isn't me, at any rate. I'm not British.

40k sure is the right wing fantasy alright. Who cares about low quality of life and endless war as long as there's no men sticking their peepees in the wrong holes.

I'll never get anglo's politics.

>Maybe he thinks his game will be more fun if it seems believable? I know I, for one, like games more when the mechanics and the setting match up.
>a game can only be fun when everyone is rightwing
what the fuck are you even rambling about

Why the fuck are you people engaging this dumb stormfront fuck in this low level debate?

And he is one of the most successful Warbosses ever. Clearly intended to be a hero for ork players. Brought about an economic miracle, reinvigorated an Orkish WAAGGGHHH that was dying out, etc... God I want to play an Orkish Senschal in Rogue Trader

>Liberal values
>Acceptable

At what point do you consider liberal values not acceptable?

Gays not allowed?
Stem Cell research?

There is a difference between "being conservative" and "liking the conservative party" and "writing a work that is conservative."

40K is very conservative. The values that will let you prosper in 40K are conservative values. Liberal values will see you dead or corrupted.

To be fair, the TPP is pretty much a wild card. We know prior to Trump championing the crusade against the TPP, republican politicians were trying to quietly push it, while on the other side until Sanders started talking about it, the internal squabbling among the democrats about the TPP was being overshadowed by Obama/Clinton wanting it.

I'm pro-abortion, pro-stem cell research, pro-civil rights, but I think BLM is full of bullshit. I'm also anti-immigration. I'm not actively opposed to homosexuality, but I think gays should stay in the closet or otherwise be out of sight of normal people.

I would be pro-gun control, but I think it's fucking pointless in America.

Why would anyone play any game that is explicitly influenced by modern politics.

Because they're huge faggots.

Reminder that gun ownership and murder rate by state have no significant correlation.

>I'm not actively opposed to homosexuality

>but I think gays should stay in the closet or otherwise be out of sight of normal people.

Literally nobody but orks prosper in 40K, and only because they're virtually incapable, on a physical and mental level, of not prospering as long as there's somebody to punch in the face.

You made alot of sense up until saying gay people need to basically be hidden away from public eye.