/pol/ the occult conspiracy cyberpunk setting

Alright now hear me out, extreme alt-right batshit craziness aside, /pol/'s conspiracy theories would have made a kickass setting in general.

If you go back in time to early 2000s and tell your fellow neckbeards that by 2016 there would be a faceless neo-pagan 'hacker' cult who channel memetic magic of an ancient egyptian god of obscurity against freemason global elite worshipers of an ancient Canaanite god. the first thing he would think of is that you're nuttier than squirrel shit. The second is that he'll love to run a game in your crazy fantasy world.

So what do you think? Wanna enter trump supporter's magical realm?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZrAP3kpq18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know if we need a brand new setting for this.

I'd just use it as an Unknown Armies campaign idea if I could somehow convince my players to try UA..

>If you go back in time to early 2000s and tell your fellow neckbeards that by 2016 there would be a faceless neo-pagan 'hacker' cult who channel memetic magic of an ancient egyptian god of obscurity against freemason global elite worshipers of an ancient Canaanite god. the first thing he would think of is that you're nuttier than squirrel shit. The second is that he'll love to run a game in your crazy fantasy world.

Unknown Armies was the first thing that came to my mind too, although I would still be interest in seeing if this could be developed enough to be its own unique thing.

I admit, it would be cool to make a campaign based on stupid conspiracy theories. These should be the classes.

Sounds more like a good GUMSHOE campaign. Like Season 1 of True Detective or something.

Sounds like the kind of thing Call of Cthulhu would like to imply in the late stages of a campaign.

>identifying with the success of his face
>face
>That's Facist!

Thirding Unknown Armies for this Conspiracy /X/ bullshit. Did you see what I did there?

Wait wait wait wait....

Is the information presented on this real? Not the theory and the conclusion drawn but...Do Politics from the whole world have a pagan festival that was filmed? Are those really clinton e-mails?

Because if yes...This is some fucked up shit.

Yeah, a load of Clinton emails got released on Wikileaks. Bohemian Grove is a thing as well, though we don't know much about what exactly happens there.

>If you go back in time to early 2000s and tell your fellow neckbeards that by 2016 there would be a faceless neo-pagan 'hacker' cult who channel memetic magic of an ancient egyptian god of obscurity against freemason global elite worshipers of an ancient Canaanite god. the first thing he would think of is that you're nuttier than squirrel shit.

That's the genius of it. It's like a mutant virus that the immune system has never seen before.

Is that a real news headline? Because that's hilarious.

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZrAP3kpq18

There was even one about sacrificing a chicken to Moloch. (((They))) are real user.

Ron Johnson (a far more reputable journalist than Alex Jones, though that isn't saying much) went to the exact same meeting and saw little more than saw a bunch of drunk Fortune 500 types watching a community-theatre level open-air performance of a pretty daft little playlet, followed by a fair few of the spectators peeing on trees because they couldn't be bothered to find a toilet.

I'm not sure that they count as (((they))) if they're worshiping Moloch instead of Yahweh.

>These should be the classes.
I'm pretty sure that Bluepill could only work as an NPC.

Its Moloch behind the scenes.

>use meme magic as a game element
>meme magic turns out to be real
This can only end in SAN loss.

I already saw the X-Files.
Anyway, the answer to this is no. Conspiracy theories stop being funny when they go mainstream, and a lot of /pol/ conspiracy theories are depressingly so.
I'd be good with a game based around russian conspiracy theories or some shit though, as (thankfully) the people who believe the Kremlin's state funded trash have little to no influence outside the second world.

Where do the reptilians fit into this?

This nuttiness wanders from left to right and back again. In the 80's and early 90's, it was liberals -- I had some pagan gfs who had some pretty fucked up weird-ass political conspiracy theories. In the 90s (x-files era), it was libertarians and conservatives. Then during the Bush years it was the liberals' turn again. Now it's the Trumpsters.

It floats around and settles in among the lunatic fringe of whichever party doesn't have a President to worship.

If you want a game system that supports this, go for oWoD. It was written by guys who ridiculed, satirized the right-wing version of this stuff, and fervently believed in the left-wing version of it. Making a world that's superficially like ours but darker, more occult, and with whatever your preferred brand of conspiracy theories your Storyteller is into is pretty much exactly the point of the Gothic-Punk world of VtM.

You're laughing now, but if Trump's elected, you'll be buying into the distaff variation on this shit within a few months.

The likes of /pol/ have been spewing conspiracies about jews, cultural marxism and the great happening for years, transcending the cycle you've layed out. And they'll still be mocked for it three years later regardless of whether Trump gets elected or not.

I would watch this movie
>5 teens who have been reading /pol/ for laughs come up with the funny idea to run a ttrpg using all the goofy stuff they've been reading about
>it starts out perfectly innocently, they draw up some classes and throw together a simple ruleset to handle meme magic and the rest of the crypto stuff
>the first couple sessions go as expected, they make up some ridiculous characters, meme magicians, kek-priests, xenobiologists and the like
>they're laughing and cracking jokes, but eventually things start to seem less funny. The DM is having weird dreams and everyone else is noticing strange coincidences. The meme magician's mom just shared something eerily similar to one of his creations from the game on facebook, the almost inaudible sound of drums and bells seems to follow them everywhere and nondescript cars with tinted windows are driving past the house where they hold their sessions
>they've stumbled into a world beyond their comprehension hidden beneath the mundane film of normalcy, where the laws governing reality are vague and not all the players follow the same rules. Can they navigate the obscure and contradictory landscape they find themselves in well enough to come out of this alive, let alone stop the dark powers they aren't even sure exist?

I picture it as being halfway between a Chick Tract and the movie The Pagemaster with all the literary references replaced with conspiracy theories and memes.

I ran something similar and it was a lot of fun. Would recommend.

When did Moloch become an owl? I thought he was a bull.

Literally the only good thing about this setting ist hat the final boss is that satellite full of lizards having sex that the russians lost control of.