CYOA General

Old thread: Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Pre-Agriculture (10.000 BC) Uzbekistan
(in the middle of the world, it's easy to go west,east,north)

Appearance = Male Noctis pic related.

Position = Mysterious Stranger

Mental Upgrades =
-Memory Of Ages Level 2
-Commander
-Economist
-Genius Level 2

Physical Upgrades =
-Strength Level 3
-Reflexes and Reaction Level 2
-Impervious Level 4
-Pain Control
-Non Reactor
-Regeneration Level 3
-Endurance Level 2
-Super Senses Level 1
-Temperature Tolerance Level 3
-Diet Level 2
-Sanitary Convenience Level 2
-Iron Gut
-Flight Level 2 (holy shit you added flight thank you so much man)
Supernatural Gifts =
-Thunderdancer Minor + Major (Changed from Firedancer minor + Major)

Items =
-Personal Omni Weapon + Switch back and forth between weapon that has yet been created
-Sanitary Pack

Quest = The Myth Maker (seems easy enough)

heh...You....A mortal...Think you can defeat ME?!??!? NO, I AM THE GREATEST LIGHTNING USER OF ALL TIME, ALL TIME ! THROUGH ACTION MAN BECOMES A LEGEND, THROUGH LEGEND MAN BECOMES A MYTH, THROUGH MYTH, A MAN TAKES ACTION.

DISCLAIMER: this is the last time I'm reposting this, I hope you've all had and will continue to have a great time with your new bf.

I hope you'll respect the fact that not everyone is into dudes.

Why wouldn't I?

I'm sorry user but i am a straight male. Sorry. But you just keep posting this. Maybe you need to wait like 4 - 5 threads until you can post it again, although it's all right for you to keep posting it. It's just that it kinda annoyed me a bit, I'm sorry and thank you for your consideration.

>DISCLAIMER: this is the last time I'm reposting this, I hope you've all had and will continue to have a great time with your new bf.
Glad to see it go. I really don't need more things to remind me that killing myself is always an option.

that reminds me, someone, pls post Kaifu cyoa

If you made it appeal to girls, then maybe you wouldn't have the absolute worst CYOA

Truer words have never been said.

for you noctis-kun

Of course he didn't say it, he typed it.

>OC

Hi, remember me? No, of course you don’t. Even though I’ve made a couple of CYOAs that I would think were pretty good quality. But that’s okay. You didn’t like the first one I made, and keep ignoring the second one when it’s reposted. I accept that. You’re probably right.

But maybe, just maybe, this one here is the CYOA that will blow everyone’s mind and raise my position all the way up to the Pantheon of Authors?

Pffffft, yeah, as if.

Alright, post your builds/suggestions/complaints/insults, I’ll read them tomorrow once I’m back.

>Bo'Skaar
>Luxury Home
>Hardlight, Voice Modifier, Size Modifier, Repair Nanobots, Wrist Communicator, Projector Upgrade

Set up some game stuff, get some drinks and snacks, invite my friends over and Bo'skaar and I show 'em how to party.

At least I don't spam 10-30% of all /cyoag/ threads with my posts acheld.

Oh wait I forgot /cyoag/ is still Angelanon and acheld's personal blogs.

You might notice that some of those pages have different length… Damn, I really hoped that you wouldn’t notice that.

Also I screwed up in my calculations when I was compiling the whole thing together so that the part of the CYOA with the map and the province descriptions are on a different pages. Whoops.

Good ol' revival cyoa, too bad the author is gone. Here's my build

-Prince
-High Energy - Harsh Room
-Teresa
-Pancakes
-Shield Shards, Crystal Ring, Replenishing Bracer
-Princess Chrysanthemum of Enela
-Zoey, Reginald
-Combat, Defense, Healing Magic, Force Magic, Dark Magic
-Crystal Knight
-Help test new magic, Join the Fight, Defeat Crystal Overlord

use reginald's money to make a immortal research project based on the unfortunate alchemist's unkillable body

Kill yourself.

I can only hope that image compression won’t make this any harder to read than it already was. Damn you, file size limit, for making me do this.

I’ll have to find some way to counter this to make text more readable.

>Good ol' revival cyoa, too bad the author is gone.
Beri popped back some threads ago to post an addition to Branching Hearts. They'll probably be back eventually.

Definitely looks interesting at a glance, and will be giving it a careful look. Constructive criticism, though: a lot of the wording is really hard to read against the background.

good cyoa, it's just that there's so many things that it confuses me. Can you please fix that?

Even though this damn thing already took 5 pages and a few months of my life, I feel that I barely scratched the surface of what I wanted to make. But if I kept adding everything I wanted to add, this CYOA would’ve never been done. And wouldn’t that be a shame?

I’ll probably make an update in the future to fix any problems this wretched thing has and expand it to fit those ideas I want to add.

Fix yourself user and then get back to us.

And with that, I return back into the sweet merciful darkness I came from.

After a long wait, I can finally go to sleep.

The text in the dynasty section and the text right above it, is really hard to read.

>medieval high fantasy cyoa
>gods, magic, supernatural creatures, etc. exist
>all rulers are somehow traditional straight men

wait, i didn't know beri made the branching heart CYOA. That's pretty neat, although i always choose the succubus/sex doll.

>wait, i didn't know beri made the branching heart CYOA.
How did you manage to miss all the responses/questions where they mentioned Beri by name?

user this looks a like a excellent cyoa but I have a serous problem, I can't read the white text on the white and blue snowflake background without bleeding my eyes out.

???????? i just make a suggestion, you don't have to be rude user

I always skip things like that, never bother to read that unless they're replying to me, i come here to play and discuss my cyoa build, not to see other people's build

>wants to roleplay with other people
>doesn't want to see other people's builds to roleplay with

Do you see the problem here?

What's wrong with straight men? If everyone is equal, then there's nothing wrong with everyone being straight.

Why, user? WHY?!

yeah, I'm fixing that now as we speak. I have dyslexia and short attention span problems.

Not my type of cyoa. It's just all stats, I like to use my imagination when making a build.

It's just so silly. Why impose traditional gender roles on a world that is so vastly different from ours?

I see. Good thing I haven't actually left yet and went back to check how things were.

Sorry, guys. I'll upload another version on a plan black background right away.

I just realized the best way to get powers for this would have been the Powered Companions option. In my case, I cheesed out, but I could still experiment with Shepard's bionic abilities, and Misaka probably knows at least a little bit about the Power Curriculum Program, so I'd be able to experiment on lower castes and see if I can get those working, and Slade might have samples of Nth Metal and Volatile Prometheum, if he has any of his gear, which means I can eventually try to synthesize those if I needed to, but it's entire possible I'd have adequate materials natively.

It must be horrible being a faggot, they base their entire identity around it, can't stop thinking about it and get triggered when they see something that doesn't include them in it.

and also, put it in order k? it's a good cyoa user, good job. Thanks for the hardwork, god bless

>why would humans exist on a world that is so vastly different from ours?
>why would they have a social, political and economical systems and models identical to our own on a world that is so vastly different from ours?
>why would they have fauna and flora almost exactly identical to our own on a world that is so vastly different from ours?
>why would they have magical and fantasy creatures pulled right out of our mythologies and fiction on a world that is so vastly different from ours?

Its just so silly!

Don't listen to them; it's perfectly legible as is.

You're on the wrong website.

Not the other guy, but you should probably suggest something more substantial than "this confuses me, please fix". In other words, explain the problem you're having in more detail.

I'm not talking about homosexuality, goalpost shifting user. I'm talking about the lack of female rulers in a high fantasy setting and why the author insisted on imposing our traditional gender roles on his society.

Traditional gender roles are based in part on physical differences. Authority's basis was at first based on how well you could use muscle powered weaponry- and men have a large advantage at that.
Then again, that probably does mean a lot less with magic flying around.
Straight prolly 'cause that's the only way to make heirs. Magic may not be able to do that. Dunno.

Not all of us do, that person is just a piece of shit.

Alright, here is a version for the people who went blind. Hopefully this will be easier to read.

In hindsight, I should've known that using a fancy background with image compression was a bad idea. I'll fix all other problems CYOA has tomorrow. I just want to go to sleep.

Exactly. Yes, men are stronger than women and it makes that they would have an advantaged position in ancient societies but this world has magic. Who cares that men have a lower bf% percentage when you can throw a fireball at his face.

It makes me wonder what exactly is keeping women back in this setting.

Men can throw fireballs too.

Men make better leaders?

Which would make them equal, user.

it's hard to read a lot of stuff.
I see power costs for skills, but don't see how may power points you have.
How do you pick starting provinces? There's a list with some stats, but you aren't told a number to pick or anything.

but he doesn't have to be rude user

Nope, because men are better physically.

Both power and provinces are initially given in the government type section. Read the 'blind edition' of CYOA instead if you can't read the previous one.

He doesn't have to be anything.

Maybe magic wasn't discovered or was invented after gender roles were established?

Yeah, men are bigger and stronger, while women are smaller and weaker. But being small (and having a smaller hit box) is an advantage when lightning and fire is being thrown around. The hulking 7" giant of a wizard is at a disadvantage

Perfect user, but can you move the attributes from the side to down? thanks love your CYOA it's perfect !

Except men would have a natural plus to strength and constitution to fall back on if it gets to close quarters. Or on the long hike between dungeons. Sure, a girl can throw a fireball at the necromancer, but his dark tower is atop Mount Bitterfrost beyond the dread Jungle of Horrors. You'll have an easier time tabbing through that lot with heavy pack if you brought an all male party.

Fireballs are just a fantasy equivalent of firearms or grenades. Great equalisers, but all the same you don't get girls in the SAS.

>>
A, always

Because wielding firearms and modern weaponry requires a base amount of strength. Unless wizards have to carry around 200lbs magical catalysts that is not an issue. Men being taller would make them easier to hit too which would balance out their strength bonus.

Human men and women aren't usually that massively different in size, space alien.

If the strength and height difference is relatively small than it does not warrant a society in which men are automatically superior to women.

I think such a high fantasy society would be meritocratic more than anything: the stronger you are, be it through might or magic, the better your position.

user, six inches on a target isn't that much easier to hit at the relative size of a person. Whereas the added mass makes them significantly stronger.

You don't need to justify magical why the kingdom of generica, feudal europe with magic exhibits all the traits of generic fantasy.
Stop arguing about it.

Physically which has no bearing on their magical capabilities. Magic might not be the ultimate equalizer but it should bring the genders close enough to not warrant complete superiority of one over the other.

That's only if everyone, or at least most people can use magic. If it's uncommon, then muscle power would still be more relevant.

Men make better male leaders but there are many ways to lead. Queen in medieval society (in the heights of chivalry) were seen as pure and benevolent saints whose honour should be protected at all costs. A Queen could easily rule through respect and worship of her idol.

That's true but then women with access to powerful magic should either be hunted down (which the cyoa does not imply) or given a high position within society up to and including rulership.

>A Queen could easily rule through respect and worship of her idol
Not if she makes shit decisions that ruins the country.

Same applies to a male ruler.

>People are arguing about genders instead of making builds

This isn't what I wanted at all.

Ah, forget it. I'll go to reddit. Atleast those guys won't argue about stupid shit. Seriously, who the fuck cares.

Could you consider adding a female option?

Something like the fool but worse. You would only get to rule because a freak accident killed your brothers / because you happen to wield incredible magical power BUT you would not get to pick a spouse, have an increased revolt risk, etc.

If I update this CYOA to have more options would you guys shut up about whatever you're arguing about?

The cyoa also doesn't imply that all mages become rulers, or that all rulers are mages. They'd probably get a an honored position in society, same as men, that was carefully controlled. They'd be a valuable asset, but why would anyone want to give up their cushy position in society?

darf youf emfer muh murgical wrelm?

That's reasonable but that still leaves the cyoa turning the only female ruler into a powerhungry bitch and the most magical spouse making you everyone's enemy. The cyoa should make more clearly explain the position of women as an independent person in society AND as your spouse.

Tumblr invasion of reddit will begin soon.
But seriously, most burgers are going to work soon or else are already there. Your post time was bad.

Identical twins cannot have different genders. Delete this please.

Please don't leave us senpai , give people time to formulate builds.

Maybe people are afraid of magic then? So that which could make women equal is seen as a reason to distrust them instead?

I'm not involved in the argument, but I'd love an update.

It's a choice you make. You don't have to be inclusive if you don't want to but you can't silence the ones who complain about it either.

Part of what makes Royal Revival so great is that it doesn't force you to be a specific gender.

>Whining about inclusiveness.
This isn't tumblr. Nobody on Veeky Forums cares.

Are you some kind of annoying troll? You just hang around in CYOA threads and bitch at anyone who doesn't have some gender equality shit in their CYOA?

That should be explained then. I just don't like the current state of things where we're supposed to believe that women are 100% docile. I want to know how powerful women are treated, especially because one of them will be my fucking wife.

I want someone to make a patriarchy CYOA to silence this fool.

Fuck off.

If you include forced feminization, catgirls and mentions that picking Suave and Twins Forever means she will "force" you to date the same guy, then yes.
I'm not arguing, but I really want this.

Softie.

I care and I have just as many rights as you do. I'm allowed to discuss any on-topic subject I desire, including the portrayal of women in fantasy settings and cyoas.

>I care
And you're some retard who learned about CYOAs from reddit or elsewhere and doesn't belong.

Presumably women aren't held back at all, just like in real life. It's just more blatant and wound up starting earlier than it did irl.