Malifaux General

Breaking News: Levi was nerfed!

books;
mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 28mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Other urls found in this thread:

pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E Wendigo
pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/
wyrd-games.net/news/2016/1/22/gaining-grounds-2016
leodisgames.com/product-category/3d-prints/
mega.nz/#!fdxQWLpD!sGoFC-_9J4v5RP-JACGYyDCyXBZoJFqCK1Q_88VjxgM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forums claim the lady with the pad in the background is "Allison Dade" from In Defence Of Innocence, the TTB adventure. She apparently has stats in TTB, so if anyone has that adventure pls spoil her stats.

Old -

beat me to it.

Can you delete yours so we dont risk splitting people?

>28mm
32 mang

But anyways, getting back into malifaux after a long break. Was thinking of sticking with raspy for a while. So far I've just got the box set. Is the essence of power worth it, or will I just be sticking with the wendigo more often than not?

She is. Also Witchling Thralls, Death Marshal Recruiter and no idea about the old DM guy.

Wendigo is great, i don't know why you would ever not take it.

You really need Silent Ones and December Acolytes for true raspy goodness. Blessed of December is also thematic but less needed and Snow Storm is amazing!

It's just me, or rightmost sword is somehow unnaturally shifted?

Yeah it turns from horizontal to vertical.

Blessed of December is quite brutal in my experience. Though it's better if you summon it via Myranda afaik.

I agree but he's already got Ice Golem, if his priority is just getting some of the basic models he will need Blessed Of December does overlap with Ice Golem somewhat.

I was just thinking of it from the point of bumping raspy up to ca 8 on her main spell, but also potentially getting that positive flip if i use a stone.

The last time I used the wendigo I didn't feel like i was able to get much done. Probably because I had no idea what I was doing.

He eats the enemy scheme runners.

pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E Wendigo

Glad to see new witch-hunter stuff. I wonder if journalists and sky pirates will get more models beyond what has been shown so far.

Not in this wave it looks like. Still Sky Pirates will theoretically be sort of thematic with Merris Lacroix and Sparks will play well with Iron Skeeters i imagine.

Had my first game yesterday.
This is a good game.
[Spoiler]Only played 20ss, took well over an hour, gave me a headache.
This game is really complex.[/spoiler]

Well, shit.

We only played Reckoning, no Schemes too.

Besides obsessively reading the cards, and obviously moar gaems, how do folks familiarise themselves with their crews?

Looking at pull my finger and seeing what sort of combos and basic strategies the crew is good at.

You can read pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/ for some summaries and potential tricks and combos you've overlooked.
In my experience having a pdf of the rulebooks on your tablet when you are going to shit also helps with being up to date with the meta.

Also do you already own a crew, or was it just a demo you've played?

Buy the rulebook physically, its dirt cheap and its much faster than a pdf, especially if you stuck sole bookmarks in it

I have the Showgirls box.
When I bought it (for the models) the guy told me I had picke done of the most complex and synergy-heavy boxes going.
He wasn't kidding about how many cross-card interactions go on.

New filetype to replace PDFs when?

Out of curiosity, are the scenarios and strategies the same in the Rulebook and the Core Book? Other than the story scenarios of course.

There are some new ones, released this year. You can check them out here:
wyrd-games.net/news/2016/1/22/gaining-grounds-2016

What have I missed with nerfs? Do we have a major rebalence inc?

Leviticus got cuddled. Check the july errata

What do you guys use as scheme markers besides empty bases?

trim the faction logos off the boxes.

Has anyone ever tried a blight crew (not a rat engine) outside of Hamelin? Nix seems like a really good henchman on his own and his metal model is pretty kickass. I've been thinking of getting the old metal and maybe some winged plague and running Nix+Hounds+Plague for some interesting blight action and a lot of scheme power/activation control. I think it could work pretty well with Tara running around the board with eternal journey or maybe to force the enemy to spread out so Misaki/Viks/VS can pick off foes.

I suppose this question will become more relevant when we find out if theres a new hound in wave 4.
Neverborn got one in wave 3, so perhaps thunders or arcanists will get one? A frosty wolf for Marcus and Rasputina? Perhaps something as an alternative to Guild Hounds for thunders McCabe?

As a TT McCabe player myself, I would love to see hounds of some sort that don't use up his infiltration slots, especially with Master Queeg coming out.

does neverborn have anything apart from dreamer in the way of condition removal?

Presumably we will see 1-2 more Oni in the TT lineup. Why not an Oni Hound? Anyone know any good Japanese myths on the subject?
Of course another possibility would be some kind of Last-Blossom war dog or perhaps brewmaster support in the form of pic related, though probably a different breed. Fermented River Monks would be crazy!

Does the original poster for the leaked cards happen to have the betas for the were pigs, the Iron skeeters, the orange blob things and the banjo carrying gremlins? I'm dying to know.

Johan and the black blood scion

can i get a decent start in neverborn with the lilith and jakob l ynch box? what would I need to get up to 50ss? main opponents will be guild and gremlin

they're both pretty solid masters, illuminated are nice whoever you pick, I'd recommend a doppelganger too, they're really good whichever master you use, also beckoners.

Leakfag here. I told folks about the blobs in the last thread but no one believed me.

Parker Barrows is the only model that's changed from the final beta so far.

Confirming what this nice user said

Though my guess is maybe the old man is the recruiter and the other guy comes with the thrall maybe, looks like he's got them on a leash

I believed you senpai. What other stuff are the TT getting?

What? We all believed you. The only reply to your post was someone making a joke about it.

The main leakfag we've had on here basically said they barely looked at the TT side sadly. WHATS OUTCAST GETTIN

Thanks spoiler. Much obliged.

Because you're nice

O shit das interesting. Thanks man.

any chance at gremlin stuff mr. user-kun? :3

Iron skeeters are enforcers. They have sky pirate specifically upgrades.

War pigs get a Zero cost recalled training

Fantastic. Ulix will love that. Thanks again for the info.

I'm trying to deiced between parker and sandeep. Don't suppose you could give some info about either ones upgrades?

Interesting. I didn't think they needed a buff, but that works for me.

Those are the two I'm most excited about.

Parker has an upgrade to fire at EVERYONE in an engagement, then friendlies push out. He's also got human shield. I think he's going to be very solid.

Sandeep has two upgrades that allow summoning, each gives stiff he summons upgrades and drawbacks. He's going to require a lot of thought to play well. One upgrade gives his melee paralyze on moderate, the other gives him a3/4/5 track

Damn that doesn't make it any easier for me to pick.

Guess I'm going to have to wait till gencon and see what the rest of the things in the boxes look like.

Parker sounds like he's got neat thematic style. Got anything on Asami? I'm really hoping the upgrades might salvage her a little. I love her concept.

Thanks for the info though

So why is Guild McM so good now? I always thought he was subpar without ressers

Because people tried him out. I've been saying guild is the way to play him since I picked him up, but people are prone to group think

whats a good way to expand on the lilith box past waldgeist? (i really like the models )

Young Neverborn, Mature Neverborn, Black Blood Shamans and Nekima have very obvious synergies with your terror tots.

Tuco would give you a sneaky ranged fucker, enemies cant charge him and he can walk nearby foes away so he can get back to shooting at them. He has from the shadows so hes ideally used to basically pick a piece of cover halfway up the board and say "no scheme runners may pass" or pop off some blast markers on clustered foes.

The Hooded Rider could be tempting, but don't get him if you also plan to get Nekima, as he overlaps quite a bit with her in the "mobile beatstick" category. Speaking of which, Nekima is Lilliths sister!

A Doppleganger is often good for schemes and lets you cheat initiative, which is insane.

Thanks. I'm the older beta leaker, could you please confirm whether Reva kept Dullahan ((1) push for friendlies) or not?

Mr Graves, Nekima, Johan, Doppelganger, Primordial Magic, maybe Illuminated from Jacob's box and the Gupps for a few strats where they are better than Tots. Growth lists are kinda traps.

If hes using Waldgeists i think Cherub will do better than Primordial for him.

Well Lead Lined Coat is obviously a huge bonus to McMourning. Self healing and hard to wound makes the prospect of armor simply amazing.

Thanks! Hes like a crazy Ten Thunders Phillip. Yan Lo can hire retainers in ressur right? Imagine the kind of control a crew with Yin, this guy and Phillip could accomplish, especially alongside Jaakana Ubume, belles, nurses and the hanged.

Still i don't think Yan Lo can pick off enemy models fast enough to really take advantage of locking down the whole enemy crew and if you don't kill anyone how will Phillip or Sun Something make scheme markers?

It's Armor 1 for 2SS, right? Sounds like a trap to me.

On many enforcers it is, but McMourning has 14 wounds and hard to wound, so hes going to take 4 hits minimum, with his healing likely several more throughout the game. 2 SS (unless you get a joker) will get you most likely 2-4, maybe 5-6 damage blocked, Lead Lined Coat will definitely do that, if not more AND help you push the damage down to 0 more easily if you soulstone as well, letting you avoid "after damaging" triggers.

Thanks, you've convinced me.

Add in his self healing and that armor can take him places.

Or better yet, your opponent will decide it isn't worth it and try to ignore him. That's the best case.

Maybe ditch the Hanged for some more killy models. I'm not sure if they are worth their price tag in this list.

>lead lined coat
>henchman or enforcer, living, rare 3
Sadly, MacMourning can't use it.

Raspberries!

On the other hand, he can take Decaying Aura if he comes as a Resser, which is awesome. I'd say the difference is that Resser McMourning is mainly a scalpel, while Guild McM is a swiss army knife with a rather long and stabby blade. If he comes as a Guild he can take better and more versatile beaters than as a Resser and he can have more support for them. As a Resser his only crew support is (0) Injection, which is quite awesome nevertheless.
And he can take Francisco for El Mayor to help with his mediocre defensive stats.

Also some Resser players focus too much on poison bombing with him, which can be a good strategy in certain situation but it doesn't worth it to build your entire crew around it (2 Transfusions, Autopsies/Flesh Constructs for starting Poison, a bunch of Belles to Lure enemies in range etc.). Another typical Resser mistake (with any master) is taking too many support models in general. Belles are great, Nurses are even greater, and Chiaki can be lovely, but taking all of them (with multiple Belles) will severely reduce your killing power. I've only played him as a Resser and has started taking "heavier" models with him, like the Emissary, Valedictorian or Rogue Necromancy (obviously not all in one list) and it really improved his effectiveness. Still, a lot of our "stronger" masters support those models better, like Nico's auras and Rigor Mortis or Seamus' wp debuff.

Still, I don't really think that Resser McMourning is a weak Master by any means as he can do all strats and schemes well, but he does have some bad matchups where you are going to struggle (Lilith, Dreamer/Pandora Wp fuckery lists, Jack Daw also looks quite bad but haven't played against him yet). But he is a great pick against Arcanists, who are quite well-represented in our local meta. I'd say the duo of McMourning and Seamus (whom I'd not take against Arcanists because of Rasputina) with a good model pool could stand a good chance of winning a Tournament.

Is a S&S deck coming out for the GG2016 sets?

I got the old S&S deck a couple of weeks ago, but really it's only going to be useful for the cheatsheet cards if there's a huge shift to GG2016.
The store still mostly plays the deck objectives for the moment though.

The Crewfaux app has all the new strats & schemes with descriptions.

I use these as scheme markers.
leodisgames.com/product-category/3d-prints/

>Deface the box
>Presented as an actual option.
>mfw

>app
No good to me.

Your FLGS probably has or can get sets of markers too.

I think you can get them printed on demand from the same company that handles other on demand card printing for Wyrd.

>Deface the box
...he says, posting a miniature obviously not in the pristine new-on-sprue state it was meant for.

I know, some plebes don't have the dedication to keep all their boxes preserved for aeons for... who the fuck knows.

Hey, could you say a few words about Soulless(or sth like that) upgrades for shield bearers.

I'd love to see the rest of that photo for painting inspiration. That Cojo looks great.

Not him, the other leaker here. In the late December beta version there were three of them, if a Revenant (Einherjar on my old cards) model gains them, it loses the living characteristic and gains spirit. There is one which gave Finish the Job, one that forced the model which killed the wielder pass a TN 14 Df duel suffer a damage flip, and one which gave one SS to your pool when the model died (that's Rare 2, the other two are unlimited).

Sounds pretty rad. Honestly Reva's whole box sounds like a ton of fun based on these leaks.

Wave 4 Outcasts. You get Bandits, dead Bandits, and chink Bandits.

Hasn't Aionus been out for a while? Anyways I am interested in the Chinese bandits. If they are last blossoms they would be a nice fit for my Misaki TT crew.

I wonder what's the fluff reason for the dead ones being Outcasts.

He was a special preview model for Wyrd's anniversary.

They are Tormented, guess it's like with the Guilty.

Anyone have info on Titania's box. I know they are edgehogs, but I thought there would be more interest in them.

we will have info after gencon, not before

So, I brought starting Marcus Crew, Waldgeists, Raptors and Blessed of December.
Now I'm planning to buy December Acolytes and Canine Remains.

1) Will this be enough to start?
2) Also - what should I buy\watch\read\learn to create nature-themed bases? But mostly "buy", since it's more urgent - I'm planning my purchase.

I'm planning to buy this for my Marcus bases:
- Battlefields XP - Highland Tufts
- Dark Green Static Grass
- some sand

But I don't think this will be enough. And I don't like ready-made "nature bases" from Microart and Model Display Products.

1. With all of the models that you have listed, yes. You should be able to play 50ss games comfortably with those models.
2. There are several ways to do nature looking bases. Generally you won't need to buy sand, just use stuff you can find anywhere, or maybe get some texture paint like Vallejo's. Some cork to be used as rocks can help, but that isn't a bad place to start.

Thank you

Aight, figured i would contribute to these threads, so heres a PDF of every single statcard released so far, all in ready to print PDFs

mega.nz/#!fdxQWLpD!sGoFC-_9J4v5RP-JACGYyDCyXBZoJFqCK1Q_88VjxgM

And heres my first finished Freikorpsmann

These are actually pretty good, much better than just printing off the rulebook pages. Thanks user.

>Freikorpsmann
How do you like them? I enjoy their looks, but they seem overpriced outside of a Von led crew.

Havent actually played with them yet, only played for a weekend, with my hoffman crew, am planning to run them in a Von Schill crew, as i got his box, the Viktorias box, Hannah, Vanessa and a Strongarm Suit.

Only played like ~6 games of Malifaux tho, pretty new to the game