Superhero Character Suggestions

Hello Veeky Forums, I come to you for inspiration for I have a superhero game I'm to play in tonight and I have no idea what to create. Give me your best, dumbest, silliest, gayest, whatever super power/character ideas!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/_floridaman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Florida Man!

What does Florida Man do? Provide delicious Florida orange juice for the kids?

Jaguar God
You are just a regular jaguar, but immortal and intelligent.
There is one catch, though. You have the ability to turn off the sun. Just like that. Be creative with blackmailing people not to use this ability. Be sure to include blood sacrifice, or encourage someone to start a war.

... Nick Cage?

He's got a supernatural ability to deport the jaguar and his family.

Which iteration?

If you don't read capecomics why will you want to play in a cape game?

Just...no.

Why do you assume this? I'm just trying to think of something beyond making just another brick, blaster, controller, etc.

Autisman with the ability to be enamored with Sonic and MLP at the ripe age of 20.

So...the Fagmaster.

Florida Man makes hilariously bad headlines.
twitter.com/_floridaman
>Florida Man Released From Jail When Police Realize "Meth" Was Actually Donut Crumbs
>Florida Man Apparently Painting Anti-Hillary Messages on Tampa Bay Crabs
>Florida Man Steals, Crashes Boat Belonging to Dentist Who Shot Cecil the Lion
>Florida Man Causes Uproar After Opening City Council Meeting With Satanic Prayer
>Florida Man Arrested for Punching Swan

Some stuff that's hit our MnM table before.

>sentient car (in an 80's themed one off). The car is possessed by the ghost of a dead cop and could turn insubstantial with its passengers. Also had great investigation skills.

>retired gay aging superman.

>grizzled batman-styled street level brawler and his teenage daughter sidekick (fighting crime is their custody weekend hobby). Take the sidekick as an asset or convince another player to tag team the concept with you.

>top level mind controller with kilgrave tier suggestion powers. Has no idea and thinks she's just a great counsellor.

>dinosaur paladin. He's kinda bad with a sword bc of tiny t rex arms. Has a dinosaur mount and a dinosaur megazord to pilot when shit gets real. Lives on dinosaur island headquarters.

This is some good stuff here! I was actually thinking of a robot that turns into a motorcycle with a sidecar. Probably shoots a big laser and can talk to all electronics.

Amusing and interesting. So his power is to make headlines come true?

A rapidly aging (x5 faster than usual) speedster with a clock hammer that can be set to drastically reduce or increase the age of whatever it hits. Has to routinely get smashed with his hammer to retain his age.

His powers are irrelevant. What matters is that whatever he's doing, he shouldn't be doing it, in every sense of the phrase.

Capeshit is garbage but when you're roleplaying, any setting and genre can be fun to play in.

OK, how about we focus this a little bit.

I'm pretty sold on playing a robot, possible able to turn into something (based on the scale of the game). Beyond that I'm not sure.

Hating his programming but being unable to change it sounds like an interesting quirk but that's about all I got at the moment.

I've been kind of passively jotting down characters for use as NPCs in an upcoming Supers game I'll be running. Some of these powers might have some difficulty being expressed depending on the system you're using, and they all tend to have a very goofy, Silver Age feel to them. I'm also firmly of the opinion that you don't necessarily need a unique power to make a unique hero; lots of comic-book characters have the pretty standard "Super Strength, Super Durability, Fly (Optional)" but are differentiated by their personality, costume, and the stories they're a part of.

These were also primarily designed as NPCs, so they might not all play nice with a party. That being said, here's a few of mine:

>Space Ape
A four-armed green gorilla from Mars. Wields 2 rayguns and is very strong and durable. Communicates using a universal translator strapped to his chest, which renders his blood-curdling howls into English in a pleasant-sounding female voice. Space Ape may or may not have any idea how he got here.

>The Weatherman
Regular-looking guy in his 40s wearing a suit--possibly in a garish pastel color. Can't control the weather. He's called "The Weatherman" because he has the power to make predictions utterly unreliable, inaccurate, and useless for any kind of planning. This power extends to ruining the plans he and others around him make. Plans to catch or harm him fall apart soon after being developed as unexpected delays, coincidental hang-ups and pure random chance coincide to make sure that you're wearing the wrong thing, in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

As a result, he tends to be very spontaneous, acting without premeditation and thus free from the constraint of his own powers. He's a difficult guy to have on a Super Team.

(Cont)

(Cont)

>Two-Dimensional Man
Dr. Vince Manning was a mathematician entranced by the secrets of the second dimension. Through study, he's learned how to command the things inhabiting it, such as billboard figures and shadows. Using his masterful understanding of the dimension, he's even able to travel through it himself, sliding along man-sized flat surfaces to gain entrance to narrow spaces or even dodging bullets by turning himself sideways to the shooter, effectively becoming a non-target. This same talent for becoming two-dimensionally thin allows him an extreme aptitude for stealth, as he's simply impossible to see from some directions.

>Penny Puncher
Penelope Price spent her early twenties as a secretary to an influential law firm by day and a waitress in an upper-class restaurant by night, working two jobs to pay for her sister's experimental medical treatment. As a secretary, Penny saw first-hand the excess and callousness of the rich and powerful, while as a waitress she saw many of those same men fail to spare even their change as a tip for the hard-working lower class. After being exposed to radiation during an accident with her sister's treatment, she's vowed to use her newfound powers to fight for the little guy while she searches for a cure to her sister's mysterious illness.

Really her entire character is just an excuse for that "Penny Pincher" pun.

>hasn't seen "The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened"

pleb

Damn user, these are solid ideas! Bravo!

The Weatherman is my favorite followed by Space-Ape, who reminds me of Grape-Ape and I feel she should always refer to himself in the third-person.

Really? I hated all of them.
Maybe in a more tongue in cheek game.