Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/M09HXnQQ

Slaanesh goes to rehab Edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Errata/AoS_Errata/warhammer_aos_rules_en.pdf
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=594982209
youtu.be/1hx7YICTD_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Death and Mr Bones.
Kroakposter btfo

I read that as Mr. Boners.

-Half of Starter Set
-Half of Storm of Sigmar
-Stormcast Eternals + Paint Set
-Easy to Build: Citadel Essentials
Is it enough to run matched plays with Stormcast Eternals?

There's arguments to be made for either, but it really needs to be decided on a case by case basis.
When in doubt, 10 dudes are still fairly easy to maneuver, receptive to all sorts of buffs and can take a lot of damage before faltering.

So say this theory of purified slaanesh isn't just us talking out our asses? What would the new theme be, how many daemons would rejoins the flock vs those who would try to stay in the style of the old slaanesh?

Comes out to 820 points, 920 if you'd play the under-strength unit of Liberators from Storm of Sigmar. I'd suggest adding a box of Judicators for 160 points, that'd bring you to 980, with decent shooting, decent roadblocks, two nice sledgehammers and a touch of support, all for a very acceptable cost.

How is the campaign going in your are and lgs?
What's more played, and how much are you contributing?
And, most importantly: WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LETTING ORDER WIN EVERYTHING?
I'm okay with order wiining in one, or two cities, but dominating everywhere since day one...come on.
>Is it enough to run matched plays with Stormcast Eternals?
which halves? how much stuff you get?
if you cna make it to 1k point, then yes. And with stormcasts, its pretty easy to reach that quota.
I bough 2 starter sets for 30 bucks each, a Prime because I liked the model and a dracoth box. Then I added a castellant and I got a celestant as a gift.
that makes for 2k points. Love the guys lol.
Anyway, i'm painting them super fast because I work all day every day and I don't really have time to do anything more complicated.
Question is: How should I paint the darcoths?
As for the weapons, i tought going pure black and handpainting glow from the tip of the hammer that shits lighting all over the hammer, with a few grey/white highlights just to give it some depth.
Also, should I paint the pauldron in the shield's colours?
toughts?
No idea.
I love slaanesh-and the missing god with his followers searching everywhere for her is actually pretty cool8there are a lot of short stories about this and most of them are pretty entertaining).
A purified chaos god would be...strange. Mostly because a new slaanesh would have to born, because Muh embodiment of excess etc etc.

being stuck with 16 liberators is kind of annoying, but yes

God of reatrain and waiting for marriage.

Lord-Celestant on Dracoth - 220
Lord-Celestant - 100
Lord-Relictor - 80
Knight-Questor (made from the spare Liberator) - 100

5 Liberators; hammers&shields - 100
5 Retributors - 220
3 Prosecutors; hammers - 100
3 Prosecutors; hammers - 100

It's not a terrible little force to begin with. If you leave the LC on dracoth at home you've got a even 1k force. You are lacking in terms of shenanigans, but the list would be easy to learn.

>How is the campaign going in your are and lgs?
>What's more played, and how much are you contributing?
>And, most importantly: WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LETTING ORDER WIN EVERYTHING?
>I'm okay with order wiining in one, or two cities, but dominating everywhere since day one...come on.
Obviously Order is winning in my lgs. More then half the partecipants are Order players
On my parts I was able to bring some points to Death after having started late because of university, but since there are only two people playing that faction in my store things look grim

The 16th liberator is dead easy to convert into a knight-heraldor or knight-questor, though.

honestly he's better served replacing a squad leader so you can run a full 10-man blob of liberators

I can just paint Dragon Princes red to get Blood Knights, right?

Blood Knight/Vargheist spam with some bats and a vamp lord on some kinda mount seems a fun list.

Its actually not bad at all.
the only "problem" is in actually making the retributor charge and attack, since they are slow as hell.
The tactic here can be a costant harrasment with the prosecutors shooting, hiding behind the retributors, forcing the opponent to move towards them; then the pros. can fly behind the enemy and eventually charge and finish whatever the retributors failed to kill..The relictor is really important here as he can debuff any approaching enemy and keep the retributors alive.
The liberators are your objective takers and with the celestant they can also deal some decent damage(even tho you cel. should be always near your retributors for obvious reasons).
That questor is...not too good, even tho with +1 damage relic he can become a real threat to any squishy hero left unguarded.
nice dub.
Also, pic?
This is my lgs.
We have another one which is currently contested by chaos and order, with a nice portion of death.
A lot of points for chaos are actually mine, the chaos gods would be pleased!

I've come to really appreciate the knight-questor, actually. He's durable enough to resist most casual attempts to get rid of him, while also being a annoying little shit, especially with Relic Blade or Hoarfrost on top of his special pile-in and those rerolls.

what's the best way to run a knight-questor?

Is there a good timeline or something for AoS? I mostly just want to know how long ago Nagash betrayed Sigmar, and also how long its been since Chaos invaded the realms and Sigmar closed the gates of Azyr.
I want to write some fluff for my dudes, and I need to know the overall time frames of things

what if slaanesh comes back as malerion's new queen making slaaneshi/dark elf armies canon again?

well slaanesh is actually not that evil of a god at it's core : beauty, perfection, pleasure and passion are things almost everyone strives for (s)he could be a god(dess) of any of those things, slaanesh just needs to tone it down with the excess and pain (a drastic event like let's say torture by a group of elves might cause hil/her do do just that alternitavely sigmars making madd gains and the horned rat taking slaanesh's place might make slaanesh think doing the ol switcheroo is the best course of action)
or we'll just get a random muahaha it was me slaanesh all along dramatic reveal in azyrheim causing chaos to get a hold there

Can't really take a pic, because the file format the program I use takes can't be uploaded on Veeky Forums, and it's too late for me to want to work to change it, as you should know dato che sono italiano anche io. GW di Verona, puoi controllare direttamente te la (pessima) situazione in cui siamo

Are there any Bay Area AoS play groups or stores that have AoS days?

Ugh, play in a GW: Any alternatives store friendly for giant bats and bat swarms? Those seem to be a special type of terrible old model.

Give him some spare relic to up his damage and have him deploy within your shield wall. Once some juicy target like a support hero or one on a big monster presents itself use his 6" anti-hero pile-in to engage them. With rerolls and a good relic you can seriously threaten most supporters and most monsters can't afford to leave him unchecked for too long, but also have to actually put in some effort to get rid of him, meaning less attacks against the rest of your forces.

Slaanesh can't tone down the excess cause They're the God of excess

He could tone it down excessively, I guess?

uh check lotr? but I doubt it

>slaanesh just needs to tone it down with the excess and pain
Slaanesh is not the goddess of beauty and pleasure.
She is the goddes of excess, when these things(and anything else)is broight to the extreme and beyond.
shit nigga, your area needs some chaos.

>well slaanesh is actually not that evil of a god at it's core : beauty, perfection, pleasure and passion are things almost everyone strives for (s)he could be a god(dess) of any of those things
That's really a common trait of all the Chaos Gods. If Tzeentch could focus on hope, if Khorne focused on honor or Nurgle on life/being papa they could all be good.
They aren't because their the Chaos Gods, and all they want is fuck you till the end of times

Maybe with much green stuff the Dark Eldar's Razorwings could work as Bat Swarm, I suppose?

Razorwings for swarms maybe?

Ravens are still pretty vampire.

>shit nigga, your area needs some chaos.
Basically only my brother cares about that tournament as a chaos player. And he already did some good work, since he brought 5 points to the "cause"

Slaanesh is easily is the most evil of Chaos Gods because he is the god of excess. He is always prepared to cross the line and get over the top with the whatever atrocity he doing.

Razorwings as Ravens for bat swarms.

Sky slasher Tyranids from forge world as giant bats.

Who are your favorite armies to fight against, not specifically because you hate them but because it's such a treat to go against them

pensate piuttosto a ripopolare i sassi della toscana

Slaanesh is possibly the most evil of the Chaos gods because he will destroy all your inhibitions and leave you never satisfied with anything in life. He will take everything you are and amplifiy it to the worst possible version of yourself.

At first it starts with pedophilia, then that gets dull, then that transitions to babyfucking, then that gets dull, then that transitions into murdering the baby just to get in the mood, then that gets dull, now you bring in the baby's family as an audience when you fuck that baby to death, then that gets dull and you starts having consensual sex in the missionary position and etc. Slaanesh is just a big snowball of derailing fucking everything.

It's no coincident that the Emperor's Children in 40k became the most hated traitor legion amongst the other traitor legions. The worshippers of Slaanesh don't know when to stop and they don't see any problems at all with what they are doing.

A painted army

To be fair, Slaanesh has always been more powerful in areas where order is relevant. So, with the fourth posistion part of the chaos pantheon filled bythe Horned rat, that means either the GHR is gonna get the boot(unlikely) from the four, or Slaanesh hooks up with another faction.

Just pony up and buy real blood Knights you poorfag cunt.

Bloodbound.
Any unit of them can reap so many fucking attacks; blood warriors are expecially annoying because they are more dangerous in death than they are in life.

dragon knights work well, elf/eldar heads without helmets on chaos knights work equally well if you file down some of the chaos heraldry

So /AoSg/, how do you Slaanesh and/or how would you like to Slaanesh?

how do pile-ins greater than 3" work?

Lads, I can't find the points for Black Orcs in the general's handbook. I can find the points for ardboys, but those are different than Black Orcs...can anyone help me out here?

like 3", but with 6" nigga.
Engagment bubble is still 3" tho.
heling my gf building her slaanesh warband.
She went full demon and she is crafting her own KOS because gW one is plain horrible.
She is also looking for diaz daemonettes.
im so proud of her.

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Errata/AoS_Errata/warhammer_aos_rules_en.pdf

Page 4 has what you're looking for I think.

Depends on the mini, for example some minis can pile in 6" but only if they are within 3" of an enemy

This would let them go around a couple minis so long as they end up closer to the closest model when they started to pile in.

Sometimes a 6" pile in works only if you're within 3" of an enemy, but it lets you move 6" towards the closest hero.

Sometimes a 6" pile in works so long as you're within 6" of an enemy. This lets you walk into combat. (For example the current yetis)

So I guess my boiling anger from the endtimes has finally abated and I give in. With the new point system I'm ready to rejoin the fold. The new orcs look nice too.

What should one know about starting? Do most people just play the pointless version of the rules? or do they count wounds? Is mixing and matching within your "grand alliance" a bad idea?

Are the only dryad units with command abilities Alariele and the Treelord Ancient?

The "money argument" is invalid and, quite frankly, silly. Allow me to explain.

I believe that the willingness of a person to spend money is directly linked to someone's level of personal investment in a hobby. Money is, after all, a resource, and if someone were willing to sacrifice money for the blood knight models then that shows they really like the models, and that they are personally invested in the army.

Someone who says that they're too expensive, yet perhaps earns the same amount or even more than the person who bought them really has no excuse other than the fact their whole idea of doing a vampire counts army is that of a half-arsed one where they take shortcuts, because they don't care. In my opinion if you don't have the money, don't bother.

I only bought the BK models because I had enough money, if you want to do a VC army and not get appropriate models then that just shows you up. It's the same as with these people who use Mantic minis in their VC army. They lie to themselves and say they look better than the GW ones but everyone knows that's not true.

Play how you want

I've been playing open play for a year, still going to play a lot of open play.

You can also play with points and nothing else.

Mixing with your grand alliance offers you flexibility in what units you can take but it limits what battleline you can take. For example you get less powerful battleline units.

Matching armies based on wounds works, but only if neither player is trying to cheese the other. 12 goblins isn't a good match against 3 ironguts for example.

>Do most people just play the pointless version of the rules? or do they count wounds? Is mixing and matching within your "grand alliance" a bad idea?
A)no, points are used almost everywhere, even in open play.
B)wounds are terrible, so never play with them.
3)mix and match within the alliance is actually VERY good.
Mind tho a LOT of models/armies works with very strict sinergies and exploit their full potential only when working with said sinergies(usually in form of hero buffs that applies only on certain keywords).
its your choice, either way. You can actually build your army in so many ways still beign competitive. you can build your army around weak units buffed to extreme or only with the best units from here and there.

dude blood knights aren't worth the money

it's cheaper to get an artist to chisel bks out of gold than it is to use gw bks

Conversions are never cheating.

Does the Hammers of Sigmar paint scheme look to gaudy?

Here's a liberator WIP following Duncan's tutorial

>What should one know about starting?

Go to your FLGS or your friends or w/e and TALK WITH THEM about how they want to play man

doesn't look so bad that far.
Following based duncan is always the right choice.

It feels like a paint scheme more suited for an Egyptian themed army then the nourthern European look the storm cast armor has

>B)wounds are terrible, so never play with them

This is objectively false. Wounds are a great way to have an approximately equal army. TALK WITH YOUR OPPONENT.

Everyone on Veeky Forums was quick to point out that nagash doesn't stack up evenly with the same number of wounds for goblins. Everyone is super quick to point out what's unbalanced. So come to an agreement about what would be fun and fair.

For example you might take 100 goblins against their nagash and then equal wounds for the rest of the army or vice versa.

At the end of the day if your opponent is going to try and table you as fast as possible they're not a good opponent to play against.

In hindsight aren't the big Chaos figures fueled by emotions from the average joe? It makes me wonder if everything being shit makes them shit, which goes back to making everything shit.

I intend to, but its 1am and i've been reading a bunch of stuff, who else am i going to talk to about it.

Pardon ignorance but what is the "battleline"? I've seen people using the term and I've been scouring through the generals handbook pdf but so far I've not got nothing.

So let me get this straight? Warblades and Warhammers on Liberators are basically the same when it comes down to mathhammer?

in isolation, they're statistically the same
when buffs are included (to hit buffs are more common than to wound) hammers pull ahead.

I thought Hammers were better thanks to "Bring Down the Tyrant"?

Start Collecting boxes are probably the best way into the game right now. For former WHFB players the most common mistakes are the randomized player initiative and the importance of activation order and pile-ins.
Most people play with points now that the GHB is out.
Mixing within your GA is fine, but maybe not the best to do when just starting out.
Welcome back to the hobby, mate.

Core or Troop choices, basically.

Batteline units are needed to play in matched play. For example, Orc boyz are batteline. You can get stronger battleline by playing to one faction.

Garbage in garbage out, part of the reason chaos can't be killed is that it is to wage war against human nature itself, killing the gods would if possible, destroy the ability to feel emotion all together, they are driven to perpetuate what ever the current corse of emotions is, like the slime in ghost busters 2

No, it IS terrible.
A celestant prime ha sonly 8 wounds, yet he's not the fucking same as 4 chaos warriors, 8 skaven, and so on.
Everyone in my area played with wounds because fan made comps were too many to actually be standard for everyone so in the end the result was a horrible meta with giant beatss everywhere and house rules to prevent it(like minimum tot models etc). problem is , that didn't stopped the cheese and a LOT units simply became useless for that.
Why would you want to go back to wound count when the official points are aout and every lgs has a copy to read?

In some ways yes, A roll of 3+ to hit with a wound roll of 3+ is somewhat better then a hit of 2+ and a wound roll of 4+

>Everyone in my area played with wounds because fan made comps were too many to actually be standard for everyone so in the end the result was a horrible meta with giant beatss everywhere and house rules to prevent it(like minimum tot models etc). problem is , that didn't stopped the cheese and a LOT units simply became useless for that.

The problem isn't the rules, and points hasn't solved your fucking problem

hammers are better because of lay low the tyrant

So it seems to again be a case of breaking the game in an attempt to fix broken players

Going to a tournament in a few days, going to run the Ironjawz big mob. I fucking HATE the giant model, so I slapped this together. Think it works?

>Does the Hammers of Sigmar paint scheme look to gaudy?

Yes.

well, no, it solved it? because with points a giant beast with 14 wounds instead of costing roughly 140 points now costs 240-500. Which is a lot better.
Swarm models became useful again(no reason to bring any skaven with wound count)and artillery got toned a LOT by simply goin with points(180 instead of 5-7 wounds).
Eeven without battleline the game is a lot more balanced now.
When hosting a tournament people wants to win.
that is obvious.
And even tho Aos rules actually rewards smart play(I managed to win against people with double my points), wound count was terrible and didn't work well.
Its not >So it seems to again be a case of breaking the game in an attempt to fix broken players
its a
>WOUND COUNT IS SHIT
It makes no sense to defend it. I can't really understand why would you defend it. For what reason?
It...doesn't look fantasy. At all.
its a nice convertion and with a bit more work to make it look less polished its a great addiction for 40k, but it doesn't look fantasy sadly.

Hands are a little clean, but otherwise great.

Give it a big jaggy claw on one side and a Melee weapon on the other and it's truly complete.

My Slaanesh carnal cabal is a fertility cult that hopes to give birth to a new Dark Prince. To achive this goal they breed with damons, travel the realms to find secrets and to spread the seed of Slaanesh through rape.

>It makes me wonder if everything being shit makes them shit

No they're "shit" because they're extra dimensional entities. Nurgle sees himself as bestowing gifts, Tzeentchian daemons think mortals must be living shit lives because their forms are so static, so they give them new ones, Slaanesh does offer limitless pleasure.
Khorne alone is entirely selfish.

>killing the gods would if possible, destroy the ability to feel emotion all together

Not necessarily true, the gods have never been said to be necessary to feel emotions, they just work to propagate their emotions.

Tabletop Simulator has a WFB extension. The community there was also talking about expanding it further to include AoS. Since it would use the same skins, this doesn't sound like much of a leap. A friend and I are looking into it.

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=594982209

I mean, it looks like shit, but you're proxying a giant, nobody will whine that you're proxying a giant

could be a decent counts as rogue idol of gork/mork

>I can't really understand why would you defend it. For what reason?

Because fox only, final destination, isn't the only way to play warhammer.

Warhammer is a party game, not a competitive tournament game

no, no it couldn't

A rogue idol is an undercosted unfair beatstick forgeworld model and should never be used

thanks user! This guy looks awesome. Didn't know he existed

Will the Tomb Kings return? I want Settra to return with shiny new Skeletons with the nice blue shields to cuckold Skeletor.

Has anyone done a Sigmarine-to-Slaanesh Chaos Warrior conversion yet?

Forgeworld is probably banned at your tournament

i've not looked into it, but what forgeworld models/rules/whatever for AoS are good and not mean to use?

Spread the Truth of the Sands, the Pharaohs shall rise again!!!

>Because fox only, final destination, isn't the only way to play warhammer.
I have no idea if you're trolling or you really are not getting it.
You don't want to use a comp and play with no points at all? sure, go ahead. Use scenarios and have fun.
But you are telling me wound count is good.
Its is not.
Its unbalanced and it doesn't work. You rather play 1 warcsroll per 1 warscroll. Wound is simply bad and allows for bad games, because it tricks you into beign a balanced comp when it is not. at all.
if you are using wounds you are looking at a way to field two similar army in size.
then why would you want to use a broken system that does not work in stead of the official, balanced one?
Wound count is a lot worse that total open with no points, because certain armies are unable to field anything at all.
Clanrats? nope! goblins! nope! you are simply unable to have fun fielding cheap infantry, because it eats a lot of wounds without beign strong, while elites/monsters are a lot better on a ratio wound/power/survivability.

Could do, the story's always moving forwards.

They might add a retooled version of the faction up to add to Death, because it and Destruction need more factions badly.

merworm, bonegrinder giant, colossal squig

>a comp system is bad because people can break it

yeah, you're right, nobody should use points either, it tricks you into thinking it's balanced but in reality it isn't

He's proxying my giant anyway so I cant' very well do both

I tried to be polite but you are clearly retarded and/or trolling.
wound count is bad because it takes into consideration ONLY the health of each model
It doesn't take into consideration:
damage
to hit
to wound
special rules
weapons
save
command abilities
bravery
move
When two opponents bring a regular list without wanting to break the game, there will be always disadvantages because the comp doesn't take into account ANYTHING but health. Which is not a good measure on how strong models are.
It was "okay" when there were no official comps because it made easier to play quick games in lgs, but now that there is an official comp why-WHY would you use it? Why would you suggest it as a preferred comp? why would you defend it, other than beign a gigantic faggot?
you want to use it' Go ahead, your choice. But closing your eyes and cover your ears yelling WOUND COUNT IS GOOD, WOUND COUNT IS GOOD YOU ARE JUST A POWERGAMER, ITS ALL PLAYERS FAULT will not achieve anything other than displaying how much of a retard you are.

Yeah, it's pretty tacky looking.

So i saw some games and i really liked it, but to sort of not be a complete fag like the others in my area who all play sigmarines - i got 2 starter boxes for the ironjawz aswell as a megaboss as they looked more Fun . Figured id trade one of the warchanters for a wierdnob. I just wanted to ask; has the painting guides been ripped for the ironjawz yet? I have some ideas for armour etc but for the life of me i cant see how they painted those KAWAII UGUUUUU~~~ super deformed boars but seeing as i just gave them a fuckwad of cash for the models i refuse to buy a fucking painting guide to paint 6 boars.. any help is really appreciated

that it? out of all their stuff? what about skinwolves or wolf rats or fimir and stuff?

youtu.be/1hx7YICTD_Q

>skinwolves
kill yourself if you use them

fimir is a meme, don't fall for it