/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

Soft Prison edition!

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Art sources.
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color= [U] [W] [G] [R] [B]&type= ["Legendary"] ["Creature"]&subtype= !["Sliver"]
edhrec.com/commanders/wubrg/
magiccards.info/ori/en/135b.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't have your reminder text in the middle of a sentence. Poisonous also shouldn't have a mana symbol, you can turn that off by highlighting it and clicking the star on the toolbar.

...no power and toughness.
Could stand to be a bit stronger, it's basically 2 color which feels off as it is totally useless for a mono black deck.

fixed

>6/9
heheheheh

It's a 3/3 for 2B with menace and vigilance.
And uncommon.
It should be rare.

You can still add reminder text at the end of a sentence.
But it's mythic so nevermind.

Don't put punctuation at the end of abilities like wither, vigilance, haste etc.

Too much.
Hope you're really new at this and not trolling.

>It's a 3/3 for 2B with menace and vigilance.
>And uncommon.
And it has cumulative upkeep!

"Planer" isn't a word. Also learn how to spell in general. I'd also consider it much, much, worse than the actual Planar Portal.

I'm sort of out of practice. what would balance it?

>overuse of Phyrexian Mana
check
>overuse of colorless mana symbol
check
>poor grammar and spelling
check

Yup, it's a troll.

thanks for the feedback

>umulative upkeep!
You obviously only play it if it you have mana to pay for it next upkeep.
I would make it a 2/2 for 1B.

I don't know if it's broken or not, but there's just too many words and lines, and it's mana cost is ugly.

Mythics shouldn't do reminder text. (This is not reminder text, you cunt that post Day's Undoing to show mythics have text in parentheses.)

Download MSE.

how the hell do you think I made this?

Doesn't look like mse.

T, 4(1, Phyri mana): Search your library...

the void

Why the unnecessary spacing?

For the ability, it goes 4B, T:

WHEN WILL IT BE THE CHANGING OF THE ART IN THE ORIGINAL POST?

Regenerate is "gone". (Can be used by R&D if flavor match is glorious)
Same with Protection (Which isn't even mentioned.)
Reach is now secondary in Red, we don't know if it's still tertiary in white.
Still no green card with Menace.
Indestructible is also tertiary in black but can really be used by any color like trample.
Scry is primary in blue and secondary in black and green, tertiary in red and white. (But can in reality it can be used by every color however you really wish.)

Meh.

>Ball Lightning with hexproof

Love it.

I think magic flavor would benefit if you triple every cards power/toughness with Three.
And then made starting life total 60.

Yes, all other TCGs with 10000/10000 creatures are fucking ridiculous.

But magic's 2/2 bear being killed by a 2/2 bird that's as big as a normal fucking bird is also fucking ridiculous. Maybe bird is bad example. But I'm sured you people are reasonable.

And that you can have 15 1/1 humans killing a dragon that's supposed to be fucking huge...

At least 30 1/1 humans killing a 25/30 dragon is flavorful.

I wanna say fuck off.
But then...
Wtf am I supposed to be looking at here?

2 lazy 2 download program. I play 5 colors exclusively for edh.

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color= [U] [W] [G] [R] [B]&type= ["Legendary"] ["Creature"]&subtype= !["Sliver"]

>Mythics shouldn't do reminder text.

>Army of the Damned
>Ashcloud Phoenix
>Batterskull
>Cast Through Time
>Chromanticore
>Crush of Tentacles

And that's just from going through the first 100 Mythics (and ignoring examples from Core Sets or precons). Mythics don't have to have reminder text, but there's nothing saying they can't.

>gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color= [U] [W] [G] [R] [B]&type= ["Legendary"] ["Creature"]&subtype= !["Sliver"]

theyre all shit and you know it. litterally all shit. except for ur-dragon which has one shot capabilities

Hope you realize it doesn't work unless you have a spell, a creature, an artifact, a planeswalker, an enchantment and a land to target.

How bout that Cromat guy? He seems alright

" you may" and even if that was the case id still gladly accept

Custom Vanguard

obviously you've never played a good child of alara deck

Child of Alara is basically that awful custom.

Cromat does everything.

Horde of Notions great elemental tribal.

Progenitus only dies from board wipe.

And there's that Ally commander from Oath.

Ill forfeit that. Cromat is a chill dude.

So, I am glad you guys enjoyed my last two new cards. Though, the feedback was fairly minimal. One of the ideas was pretty great though, so I appreciate it.

Anyway, I'm pretty out of practice, but I still have all my old cards. So I guess I'll post those here.

And there are coming 4 color generals this fall.

compared to the capabilities of mono blue or black ramping into an abortion board wipe is retarded.

Take it to EDH General.
They can probably sort you out.

Still pleased as punch about this one.

It is pushed! Think real formats.

edhrec.com/commanders/wubrg/

Oh Intimidate, you will be missed. Even if you lead some of the dumbest card design ever, like this bitch.

Child of alalra sets the board to neutral, when you typically make a play especially if you are the one wiping the board you want to be at an advantage. No that terrible custom makes Child of alara a surgeon's knife and lets you take out key factors that are inhibiting your success. Plus has flash comes into counter a spell and can block all in one go.

as confirmed already cromat is a bro.

Playing to lose with horde is a great idea if you like catching dicks.

Progentitus is one of my current commanders that never sees play. hes litterally useless past turn 6-7. when you are reaching the 10 turn mark or close to it the game is typically in a lock. you have to make big plays in order to break someone's lock or prevent a 9-11 from happening. Summoning a big fatty is a waste of resources and will only leave you open to a combo.

Slivers are way better than allies.

Emblems can't deal damage.

yeah thats probably where ill go thanks.

"You may" only means you "may" do the entire effect or not. It doesn't let you pick and choose each one.

magiccards.info/ori/en/135b.html

>Slivers are way better than allies.
But not as fun.
And Allies have a more powerful potential ceiling. (drawing, free spells, combos)

Progenitus can't be blocked.
I repeat, free damage.
I repeat, QUADRUPLED DAMAGE GALORE

This card is very similar to undead gladiator in some ways. It's broken though, if you're empty handed it is just 2:draw a card.

The hell is wrong with you? Why wouldn't they?

That's different. It doesn't give the player the choice to target something. It's just a general effect without targeting something.

Everything can deal damage...
Even counters.

... and why not?

Doesn't deal damage.

So, it secretly has if you are hellbent, every upkeep, you can pay two to draw a card? I guess I could add some blue to the cycling, but that doesn't seem that crazy.

Also, you are literally the first person who pointed that out. Man, fucking swear, no one ever reads.

Anyway, here was another inspired idea. The problem is my set has no gold, but a lot of ideas FEEL gold to me. Though lately, all sets have some gold component.

Hey, don't ignore me!

... this makes no sense.

So, your contention is that secretly, in the comprehensive rules, there is a rule that prevents the exact following circumstance:

"Emblems can not have triggered abilities that require a target and deal damage for some reason".

What? Why the fuck not? What possible reason could you have for that reasoning?

Counters can't deal damage. Like, that guy is an idiot, but counters actually can't deal damage.

Okay, I checked:

119.2. Any object can deal damage.

109.1. An object is an ability on the stack, a card, a copy of a card, a token, a spell, a permanent, or an emblem.

aah nevermind

The game just became less...

I saw you, counters can deal damage guy. You can't hide from me.

I was mistaken. Card is fine as is.

There is currently no example of a counter dealing damage itself. Counters can cause damage by giving an ability a la Obsidian Fireheart, but by themselves, there are currently no examples.

Anyway, moving on.

Spells on the stack can deal damage? I guess I never thought about it, but it makes sense.

I'd love to see a U/G creature with flash that "fights" creature spells.

Well the rules doesn't say a counter CAN'T deal damage...

Uh, yeah. Literally every nonpermanent spell that deals damage deals it is a spell that deals it when it is on the stack.

It is resolving, but there is no other zone for it to go to, it is on the stack.

But that ruling says ability on the stack, so.

reminds me a lot of kamigawa block, it had the soratami and also had sakura tribe scout. Not sure if it should stay as is or should be a 2/2. Needs some support to be interesting in draft.
>every upkeep, you can pay two to draw a card? I guess I could add some blue to the cycling, but that doesn't seem that crazy.
The closest card to that is sea gate wreckage, I think it would be too strong at 2 mana for cycling but too weak at 3 mana. I can't imagine actually using the card for its casting cost, by the time you get the required mana they'll either have a counter or have an empty hand, so maybe it could stand to be an actual card and have it be 2U mana or UU.

Balance of Power is five and while it is an old card and clearly playing it safe, I tried not to go overboard on obsoleting it.

As for the cycling, I don't know. Sea Gate can be used whenever you are hellbent, while this only at upkeep. I admit a colorless land is more investment, but having to be hellbent on upkeep is a very different requirement. At least it feels that way in my mind. Of course, you don't actually need to be hellbent to use Transparent Deal, even if you are just cycling it.

>That's different.

It is actually not different.
You can say "I don't believe they should be able to", but you cannot outright say "they can't".

So something like this would be 100% legal?

Yes.
Don't you play the game?

That is a triggered ability that resolves before the spell. But yeah. Dumb, but legal.

"each creature you don't control", by the way.

Literally every card with cascade or storm works like that.

>hellbent on upkeep is a very different requirement
when are you going to have 0 cards in hand without having 0 cards in hand on upkeep?

... during your main phase? Is this a trick question?

>Boomerang: the Cantrip

I like the card but the ghost hand makes it. It makes me think of those hands from Legend of Zelda that grab you and drag you back to the dungeon entrance.

Or combat
Or second main phase
Or end step

You draw after upkeep.

A bit overcosted.
For me.
I'd make it U and uncommon.

>You obviously only play it if it you have mana to pay for it next upkeep.
That doesn't negate that fact that you still need to pay extra mana each upkeep. Phobian Phantom is already a 3/3 flying fear for 3 with cumulative upkeep that only needs one color of mana.

Oh {2/U}{U}.

Repulse exists, ya know?

no... I meant as in you'll always eventually get to upkeep with 0 cards if you had 0 cards earlier, I understand it's less mana effecient cause you have the possibility of not doing being able to use mana when you want it but you still get the cards at the same time.

Now this is a sweet cycler.

Sure, but the versatility is greatly diminished. Tempo-wise, you are severely hindered too.

Since with Seagate, you can get your extra card right THEN rather than having to wait.

Repulse is instant. And just cause there's card that already does something, doesn't negate anyone making a card that's 100% identical except in name art and flavor text.

Phobian Phantom cost 1BB.
A BBB creature could be a 4/5 flier.
While a creature for (3) can barely be a 2/2.

Most people say my cards with cycling are undercosted. But they've been pumping up creatures in the last couple sets, so I don't know.

Wither isn't really a blue ability

And the custom creature is better than Phobian Phantom, with cheaper mana cost and easier C-upkeep.

I assume you were talking to me, but my point was that Repulse is costed appropriately for its effect. I don't think a 1 mana unsummon, even at sorcery speed deserves cantripping.

Especially given Clutch of Currents and Silent Departure performing very admirably.

I'm shooting for safe power levels. I mean, compare Void Snare to Repeal.