The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously: It was a goddamn horror show for a little bit there. Some more filler questions, some lore, etc. We have a new poster, Kathos user. A few custom cards and new flakes. Flakes don't usually have living families.

Previous thread: Writefagging last time:
Leon in the AU verse: Perselus is really angry about the lore: REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder. And the old snowsheets are under "Snowstorm sheets" > "1- ALL FLAKE SHEETS."

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
Unless that's too gay.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Advanced.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FIRST FOR BIG BLACK DRAGON FUCKING YOUR FEMALE FLAKES

FIRST FOR THE NEXT FEM FLAKE HE TRIES TO FUCK IS A TRAP AND HE DOESN'T REALIZE UNTIL HE'S BALLS DEEP

FIRST FOR A HOLE IS A HOLE

FUCKING BRING IT ON FUCCBOI! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED WATCHING AVACYN KILL YOUR VAMPIRE FRIENDS YOU FAGDRAGON.

I know I enjoyed watching Sorin kill Avacyn.

Touche, my friend.

>
definitely the best one of them all

New flake, first flake. Thoughts/criticisms?

I HOPE YOU ENJOY WATCHING YOURSELF GETTING VIOLATED IN FRONT OF A MIRROR.

Thumbs up, dude. Don't be worried, no commentary is good commentary.

He looks neat. Maybe expand on his jewel magic.

But do you have eyes on the inside?

neato5000, but as says, could use some expansion on that front. Very definitely very different from our... other grixis flakes, so good job standing out in your colors.

You bet.

I want to know who the fuck actually calls it Kosm, because I'm pretty sure he made that up.

FILTH user I CALL UPON YE

Some do. That is enough.

I'm actually not really too well versed in m:tg spells (I've only played Magic Duels since I don't have enough money for the physical game). Would you guys maybe have any suggestions to add to his collection?

Also, yeah, I was trying to make a Grixis character that isn't necessarily a straight villain (although in his set he does take a villainous path), and, at the very least, isn't a bombastic I WILL RULE EVERYTHING villain! All he wants is gold, wine, and hookers, and he'll do whatever he needs to fulfill his materialistic streak.

RAKKOR HAS A NEW BEST FRIEND

yo bro, if you want to become better versed in some magic cards, here's a trick:
>go here: gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Advanced.aspx
>in the "Name" section, pick "or" from the drop down, then type a bunch of words in the box that either are, or are synonymous to, what you're interested in.
>in the "output format" dropdown, select "visual spoiler"
>hit search
>behold all the cards even remotely related to what you want

>Why hasn't your flake hailed the frog god

what?

more like fraud god considering all his cheap tricks

Frogs are for eatin', son.

Kos a qt! A qt I say!

Step One: Play Song of the Dryads and attach it to anything you control, and have Simic Guildmage and The Gitrog Monster in play.
Step Two: Play Form of the Squirrel.
Step Three: Use Simic Guildmage's second ability to attach Song to the Squirrel token.
Step Four: Wait until your upkeep. ALL HAIL GITROG.

You may replace Simic Guildmage with any other method you prefer of getting Song onto the Squirrel without casting it

>Your flake is invited to a wedding! What do they give as a gift and who do they bring!

Depends on who's getting married.

>whose wedding?

Iosha or Nishal?
Symon or Anna?
Gaia or Will?

Lets say Nishal and Iosha are getting married.

Mephiri: I understand that reference!

Sir Joseph: All I can think of is that old Ed Wood movie with the aliens who fall down tunnels, and I can't stop laughing.

Seeing your comment about 'Flakes not usually having living families makes me want to add to my sheets. Mephiri is an Efreet, so he never had a family to begin with, but Sir Joseph came from a large Noble family. Both of his parents, and all three of his siblings, are alive and well, albeit not together in any familial way at all.

I'm working on some writing for Sir Joseph and Mephiri, about Sir Joseph's time on Rabiah, and also doing some doodles for them. I'll post them when I finish them.

No it is obviously Serena and Emrakul

>Serena and Emrakul
b-but that's forbidden love

>Remes
Comes by himself and gives no gift. He's just skulking around, avoiding everyone as much as he can and watches.

>Cala
Brings a really good book. And devils.

>Jakrol
A set of knives and cleavers. He doesn't bring anyone, and he gets drunk and passes out during the after-party.

>Winifred
Gifts fine silver, but doesn't come with anyone.

>Wyston
Brings something symbolic, maybe made from elements of their two homes. He also doesn't come with anyone.

No, it is perfect and just and Shall Be, together for ever and ever and emer and emrakul

Thane brings a life size statue of the bride and groom he "carved" himself made out of whatever rock-based material he found interesting at the moment.
He shows up by himself and hits on the bridesmaids.

I GIVE THE GIFT OF THE POWER OF WILL, AND BRING WITH ME VENGEANCE

>Razorcock
He brings Rock. The two of them are in a matching suit and tie. He gives the happy couple the handcuffs he used when he first joined the force. He cuffed his first perp with those.

>Gaia
She brings her husband and son. She gives them a little silk bag bearing enchanted and exotic plant seeds from all across the multiverse (some of them her own creation). Now they can plant a little garden on their ship.

>Belagir
He comes with his mom and father-in-law (whom he's not fond of) and brings his current ship (whoever that is). He gives them a lockbox which contains a magic recording of some of his best ballads (his mom helped him make the box).

>Owlmom
She brings DIOMEDES and maybe someone else. She gives them a hand-crafted and very comfortable crib.

>Spidermom
She brings a FUCKTON of spiderlings and maybe has Belloski as a date. She gives them a "get out of jail free card" in case they ever get caught in one of her webs.

>Myxxzzikt
This guy still exists?

A great mood for the bride to be before the wedding and humiliation for the husband. He doesn't come with anyone but leaves the bride with a bun in the over.

Rakkor, contain your lust, dammit.

Seeing as Hondick is part of the Anti-Phyrexia league with Nishal, he'll probably bring some weapons as a gift and just in case.
Lets just hope Iosha doesn't have any etherium or things might get violent once Hondick starts drinking and forgets she isn't a phyrexian.
Anna gets them something nice, old, and free that she found at some ruins, hoping the mystique and uniqueness would outweigh the probably not that usefulness.
Starke would give the gift of a pass to a city that sprung up in the wasteland that is Otaria, just if they ever needed to crash on Dominaria.
Jorge brings some wine
The Cathar was going to bring a beautiful book of poems, but he got attacked by abominations on his way there and is now fighting through an entire plane of slivers somehow.

NO

>Jorge brings some wine
What a fucking drunk.

He's not good with these situations, OK?

Shaman or Artificer for a Blacksmith Planeswalker's class?

DIOMEDES brings the thunder! And a traditional Akroan wedding gift, likely a shield or collection of his distilled sweat. He heard once the sweat of a mighty warrior was a valued aphrodisiac, whatever that is.

Rynn gives them a library. An entire library.

Artificer most likely.

Totally Artificer

>collection of his distilled sweat
Or a bottle of his enemies' tears.

Here's a question, why would you consider shaman?
Is there green in this blacksmith? Can you elaborate?

Few live long enough to cry.

Next! Anna and Symon get married (finally). We know who your flakes would bring, but what would they get the happy couple?

already answered, read above

There's a lot of "above". Which comment is yours?

New Avacyn art for Serena when she wakes up. Absolutely gorgeous.

I remember someone asking about high school for 'Flakes in another thread, and I just wanted to post an excerpt from what I'm writing while I get my shit together and try to finish it while my fingers rest from doodling.
“Joseph! Are you listening?”
Joseph awoke to his enchantment professor, a stern wisp of a middle-aged man with spectacles and barely any hair to hide his reddening complexion, standing in front of his desk. “Whuzzat, whu...?” the young Akrasan tried to get his bearings as he stirred from his reverie away from all of these magical theorems he had already learned about in his previous year of schooling, during which he had not done well academically.
“We were all hoping to get some insight into what practical applications Auramancers sleeping on the battlefield could possibly have.” Professor Crolleon continued, rapping his cane on the floor to a giggle from many of the other students in the auditorium. His blue coat looked so prestigious, Joseph thought to himself, as he admired the many Sigils upon his teacher’s lapels. He was always admiring that coat that his teacher was so proud of, even when he was being put on the spot by him.
Joseph rubbed his eyes and neatened his pile of papers and books as quickly as he could. “Uh, the advantage of sleeping on the battlefield?” He said out-loud to buy himself some time as he scratched at his ginger-colored chin stubble, searching for an answer. He liked trying to find answers to unlikely questions, almost as much as he hated disappointing Professor Crolleon, who always had a lot of patience for the young Joseph.

Sir Joseph’s eyes snapped open again, with a harsh gasp of air filling his lungs. He was an older man now, he reminded himself, yet he still couldn’t escape from the “I was unprepared for class” dreams even now, it seemed. He cracked his neck, which was quite stiff, and realized that he was lying in hot sands and staring up at a sky obscured by a swirl of dusty, angry winds. “Oh, that’s right.” he mused to himself. “Resting in the middle of a battle with a mad Djinn just makes you wonder how you wound up in a place like Rabiah when you should be at home, in your bed.”

>Dyna
Comes alone, bearing treasure for the couple. Not HER treasure, specifically, but treasure.

>Astera
Maybe brings Myrina with her? Gives the couple books, including one she wrote herself of relationship advice gathered from various worlds.

>Zenri
Comes alone. Probably gifts the couple with some particularly fine wine.

>WG Sonia
Probably came with the band, plays for free. Gives the couple nice but practical gifts, like some fine china she saved up to buy for them.

>WR Sonia
Comes alone. Wasn't really sure what was an appropriate wedding gift, but acquired a very fine horse strong enough to carry the bride and groom...and picture frames, in case they don't like horses.

>Kikiki
He has been to a great many weddings, and with the wisdom of age comes–yes, it's a frog. It probably wasn't always one. He is very old and doing his best.

>Vanya
Comes with Spider Mom. Gifts the bride and groom matching silk pajamas. Worryingly comfortable silk pajamas.

>Mirabelle
NEVER TELL MIRABELLE WHEN OR WHERE A WEDDING WILL BE.

Eh, hard to nail this one down. It could stand to represent white more.

Sir Joseph loves weddings, especially weddings with open bars. He'd bring someone if he had a boyfriend, but he currently does not. As for gifts, he would likely forge shields and swords for both of the betrothed, and enchant them in some personal way appropriate for whomever was getting married.

Mephiri would bring a monkey's paw. Possibly a literal one, but definitely a figurative one.

Ashwin isn't a planeswalker? I figured the demon would be the creature and he the PW

God, she's fucking beautiful. Best angel. Easily.

Literally read her Bio.

Oh, thought it said she was ignorant of being a planeswalker. Demons/devils/most things that are basically mana fonts like them can't have sparks unless it's given to them or stolen. Serena has one because she was a human that ascended, and in lore demons can travel with things they've possessed or made deals with like Lilliana.

Shaman came up mostly because of Kessig Forgemaster.

But a quick gatherer search shows most Blacksmiths are Artificers. So there we go.

After a discussion with angerfish user, my thinking right now is the demon habitually feeds on planeswalkers.

After him, considering doing another UB character from my homebrew set, but I should get some more even color pie coverage. I don't have anyone in green yet.

kessig forgemaster is a shaman because of elemental magic being used, not because of smith skills, but fair enough example, I'm sure someone can make a shaman/artificer flake with this as the base concept

Why not just say she had a spark and the devil hijacked it? Way more plausible and makes the devil more believable.

It's a possibility. I'll see what I feel like when I do the demon's sheet, which likely won't be tonight because I'm high as a kite.

When has that been shown?
The travelling through people they made deals with. Maybe The Raven Man.

Raven Man's been in her head since before she was even a planeswalker or made any kind of demonic deal.
He's most likely part of her mind rather than a separate entity at this point, honestly. Something like a shoulder-devil without a shoulder-angel and given way too much power, something she can blame her faults on (because she looooves to blame others for her fuckups, I think yesterday's story was the first time she's accepted the blame for something she's done in any way shape or form).
In other words: Liliana is fucking nuts.

Fire // Ice

Pffsh.

Yeah, a hallucination that oddly enough looks just like Urza?

(OP) #
>U/W Auras
Bruna? Got a list?

Not on hand, when I get home I'll map the deck out for you. It runs as it's Commanders Bruna/Traft/Augustin IV. It has a bunch of buff auras, steal auras, aura fetches, and runs Tunnel Vision/Replenish.

Wrong board.

you mean wrong thread I hope

Alrighty, what follows is me copy/pasting this thing I'm working on writing. I'm practically computer-illiterate, so when it's finished, what would be a good way to simply upload a file rather than doing it this ass-backwards way? Also, I'm working on finishing up some artwork and will have that for upload sometime tonight or tomorrow, depending on how anal I get about the detailing.

Anyways, here is the first bit of the story of Sir Joseph wandering around the Plane/Multiverse of Rabiah the Infinite in search of Suleiman's Legacy. It's called "Hopes & Dreams."

Oh, fudge. It's called "Dreams & Wishes." I'm a frigging moron. I'm off to a great start.

“Joseph! Are you listening?”
Joseph awoke to his enchantment professor, a stern wisp of a middle-aged man with spectacles and barely any hair to hide his reddening complexion, standing in front of his desk. “Whuzzat, whu...?” the young Akrasan tried to get his bearings as he stirred from his reverie away from all of these magical theorems he had already learned about in his previous year of schooling, during which he had not done well academically.
“We were all hoping to get some insight into what practical applications Auramancers sleeping on the battlefield could possibly have.” Professor Crolleon continued, rapping his cane on the floor to a giggle from many of the other students in the auditorium. His blue coat looked so prestigious, Joseph thought to himself, as he admired the many Sigils upon his teacher’s lapels. He was always admiring that coat that his teacher was so proud of, even when he was being put on the spot by him.

Joseph rubbed his eyes and neatened his pile of papers and books as quickly as he could. “Uh, the advantage of sleeping on the battlefield?” He said out-loud to buy himself some time as he scratched at his ginger-colored chin stubble, searching for an answer. He liked trying to find answers to unlikely questions, almost as much as he hated disappointing Professor Crolleon, who always had a lot of patience for the young Joseph.
Sir Joseph’s eyes snapped open again, with a harsh gasp of air filling his lungs. He was an older man now, he reminded himself, yet he still couldn’t escape from the “I was unprepared for class” dreams even now, it seemed. He cracked his neck, which was quite stiff, and realized that he was lying in hot sands and staring up at a sky obscured by a swirl of dusty, angry winds. “Oh, that’s right.” he mused to himself. “Resting in the middle of a battle with a mad Djinn just makes you wonder how you wound up in a place like the bloody Sea of Sands when you should be at home, in your bloody bed.” He groggily sat up in the midst of the maelstrom, running a hand through his graying gingery hair. “I wonder if he’d grant me some wishes, after he calms down?” Sir Joseph looked himself over, and found that he lay also in the middle of his Sigils, strewn about him like a halo of glimmering gold against the reddish-orange of the Sea of Sands. They must have been knocked off of him when he had collided with the ground. He cursed and began scooping them up amidst handfuls of sand, which he knew he was never going to get out of his coat pockets, that same blue coat that he had always admired, and he would be damned if he was going to lose a single one.

“Do not back down!” Tayiq, an experienced Dervish, screamed into the sands at his troops. “For if we do, we all surely die as cowards!” He held his scimitar high, a copper blade with a deadly curve and an agate gemstone “eye” in its pommel, and danced forward in the blinding, stinging sands. His long, black hair whipped about his dark features as he moved, the green and beige garments he wore billowed in the wind, and his sword’s “eye” gleamed. He cut quite the figure, Joseph thought to himself as he watched his allies regroup around their leader, the thirteen of whom were dancing through the wind and adding its speed to their own by catching it in their cloaks and twirling.
“You will die either way.” A booming voice from within the cyclonic sands came back angrily, its speaker directly at its nexus. The winds intensified, but now a looming shadow could be seen within them, a shadow much larger than that of the Djinn that the assembled men had been fighting up until now.
Sir Joseph stood up with the help of his specialized cane, pockets bulging with sand and Sigils, hair a mess, and with blood trickling down the left side of his face. He was done trying to reason with the Djinn, whom he had simply wanted to ask a question of to begin with. “I’m over here, Tayiq!” Sir Joseph shouted, realizing he would not likely be heard over the din of the unnatural sandstorm. He made his way as quickly as he could to rejoin his comrades, and despite his limp, he was still quite spry it turned out.
The Dervishes danced their way over, meeting Sir Joseph behind the crest of a dune. “Sir Joseph,” Tayiq said as he slapped his friend playfully on the shoulder. “You had us worried. Are you alright?”

“I’m fine, Tayiq.” Sir Joseph answered as he pulled out a handkerchief and wiped his bloody face. “But we need to end this before it really gets out of hand.” He looked over to a young, frightened man, his dark skin flushed with the excitement. “Malik, you’re our only Sahir, so we really need you to bind this Djinn once we’ve defeated it. Are you ready?”
Malik nervously shook his head “yes,” not the most reassuring of answers.
“You’ve got a scheme together, don’t you?” Tayiq asked, curious of what the red-haired madman could possibly be planning this time.
“Do you all still trust me?” Sir Joseph asked of his gathered allies. “Do you still trust in my Exalted magics?”
The Dervishes and their young Sahir all nodded in unison, having seen Sir Joseph in action enough times over the last two years to know what he could do. They followed behind Tayiq, Malik, and Sir Joseph, in a horizontal line, and crested the dune which they had sought a moment’s peace behind.
“Juzam! Show yourself!” Sir Joseph shouted, his voice booming louder than the sandstorm.
“You dare speak to me as like I am some cheap whore?” The Djinn spoke even louder, indignation in his voice. He bent forward out of the roiling sands, exposing his hideous greenish countenance, nude and rippled flesh resembling a fresh burn and with black horns comically-big for his head. “And after you have the gall to bring my Dervish enemies with you, again like cheap whores, to throw before you as-“

“AS MIGHTY SWORDS!” Tayiq screamed, interrupting the Juzam Djinn mid-sentence. The celestial wings of Asha’s favor flashed out of the Sigil that Sir Joseph had given his friend long before all of this ugliness had ever began, and he charged mightily with a guttural roar and his scimitar pointed ahead of him. Sir Joseph called upon the Sigils he had made for all of his allies present, adding their strengths to the brave charge of their leader, whose sword’s blade gleamed like the unforgiving sun above. The Djinn had no time to scream his rage at being interrupted, instead letting out a scream of pain as Tayiq’s entire sword arm disappeared into his right eye with a sickening noise. Veins of purplish pustulence arced from the wound, the coppery blade of the Dervish’s scimitar designed specifically for battling with Djinni.
“Now, Malik!” Sir Joseph shouted, shaking the young Sahir from his awe of the spectacle unfolding before him.
“Oh. Yes.” Malik stammered, planting his feet and producing a fine glass bottle of deep green coloration with an ornate stopper bearing the likeness of an ornate copper lamp from the satchel strapped over his shoulder. “Evil spirit of Wildfire, I becon thee, your will is not your own. Your flesh is not your own. The sands are not your home. This is your home. You are mine.” He opened the bottle and gestured with his eyes from the Djinn to the bottle’s opening. The Juzam screamed once more, this time pain mixed with anguish, as he began to vaporize from the feet upwards. The winds went insane, throwing Tayiq free to land more gracefully than he had expected to some distance from his comrades on his outspread wings.

“You think it is that easy?” The Juzam Djinn growled, his arms flailing against the spiritly shackles of tarnished copper that suddenly clamped onto his wrists out of thin air with a musical metallic ringing. Similarly-colored and similarly-musical chains snaked out of the bottle Malik held with startling speed to attach to those shackles. “No, nothing is ever meant to be easy! You think this will be the end of me?” His form was nearly completely-vaporous at this point. “A world of fire and Djinni and Efreeti and unspeakable torments could not contain me, what good will your bottle-“ And with a sudden suction, he was gone amidst a thunderclap that stilled the swirling sandstorm.
Malik let out a relieved sigh despite his smile as he corked the bottle and returned it to his satchel. “I am glad that that actually worked.” The Dervishes all clapped him on the back and shouted their gratitude to the young sorcerer, knowing that he had saved the oasis from whence they all hailed.
Sir Joseph smiled and patted Malik’s head, then struck a match and lit a cigarette. “All said, I think things went well.” He spoke as he waved the match until it was out and exhaled a plume of smoke. He turned to face the direction he’d last seen Tayiq in, spotting him easily from hundreds of feet away now that the weather had returned to the sunny, pristine midafternoon day it had been. Relieved, he leaned heavily on his cane and wondered what to do now that this lead on the Wisdom of Suleiman had proven to be a bust.

And that's the end of the prologue, which is what I have thus-far. I'm actually pretty jazzed to be writing again after such a long time not writing anything, even if I'm no Piers Anthony (which I'm not, not by a long shot - read Xanth, it's great).

Yeah, my bad. I just woke up and starting for work.

Never forget

forget what?

That is fucking glorious, you must tell me where you got this. Also is anyone else annoyed that Evilcyn has random belts on her armour? That is like the thing that annoys me the most about fantasy clothing and I'm really disappointed to see it on Avacyn.

Still good taste

You forgot.

Are you talking about around her arm? That was actually common practice to make sure leather and plates didn't shift around during combat and heavy motion.

She didn't have them before though, I don't know, it looks kinda silly to me and really there's no reason for that to be a thing when the rest of her armour doesn't really make sense, because y'know, she's an angel.

If the rest of her armor doesn't make sense, why should the belts?

Because belts in particular annoy me, they're overdone and remind me a lot of FF.

I found it on tumblr. It was for an expansion set of sone game. I didn't pay attention to which game. Maybe the board game?