Last thead:
Resources:
>pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/d059dLA.jpg
editthis.info/wiki/Rapture_Academy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

(writefagging soon)

So, I'm leaning toward Greek gods for the first draft of this thing. I know, it's cliche, but it's the one pantheon I already know well. If it's well received I will probably do a version with original gods.

The limiting mechanic is basically going to be about how in addition to each god having certain requirements of behavior, they also require a certain amount of worship. And, as they are jealous and petty gods, if you worship more than one the time commitment will become geometric to appease them. I'm thinking something like if you only have one, you are going to be spending an hour a day in various propitiations. If two, then three hours a day. Three, six hours a day... That's a very rough number at this point, though.

"waifuing" will depend on the actual mythology of the god. Each will have a text for "Romance:". For example, for Artemis it may say something like "If you are a man, Artemis will turn you into a deer and have wild dogs maul you to death if you get fresh with her. If you're a woman, she's down for a casual affair as long as you like hunting." For Aphrodite, "She's down for a fling, but is likely to forget about you pretty quickly", or Zeus "If you're a woman, he'll knock you up and then get gone if you seem the least bit open to sex. If a man, he'll probably blast you with lightning for even suggesting it." Apollo will sleep with either gender if you're pretty enough, Hephaistos is one of the few decent ones and will turn you down because he's married, etc.

Do anons generally get triggered by CYOAs where you "worship" gods for power? I mean, it's implied in the Disciples of the Gods CYOAs, but I haven't seen it show up elsewhere.

I can't post part three because of an embedded file which I can't remove. Here is a imgur link instead
i.imgur.com/d059dLA.jpg

I guess it's better to post this here instead of the previous thread.
Ivan Vitovtovich Jagailin, The Fool

Dragonslaying (free)
Precognition (free)
Administration (free)
Archery
Riding
Intrigue
Diplomacy
Erudition
Engineering
Swordsmanship
Strategy
Leadership
Summoning
Dragon
Rusalka
Leshiy
Bolotnik
Aleksandr makes my character superman allowing me to pick a lot of shit.
I also put the units that cost blood here.

The Arthurian Confession
Elective Monarchy

Capital - Praskow
Freeholding - Red Chapel
Frontier Holdings
Khlynov
Kotonop
Long Shore
Vassal Nikita Popov - Scola
Vassal Aleksandr Severny - Saray
Crown Holdings
Volynov
White Pass

Wife - Agnes
Concubines Sarnay, Diadochia

Laws
Zemskiy Sobor
Concubine
His Majesty Great City
Ostrogs
Treaty in Black
Thrice Ninth Tsardom

Tugarin Horde - Strained
Theodosian Empire - Hostile

Yevpatiy
Hero of Might and Magic

2 Glory
0 Honor
1 Will

I'm not gonna be calculating the army and all the costs, but having every steppe holding doubled by Sarnay, then having this doubled value doubled again by the laws, and then added AGAIN thanks to Agnes doubling the effect of the laws, will mean it's quite a lot.
The capital also gets quadrupled thanks to Agnes, and whatever money is left from the laws can be turned into more troops with Diadochia.
Maybe having the crown holdings also be steppes would allow me to double their final value? That would be too ridiculous.
Revolt Chance becomes 0 with all the soldiers.

Low stats mean the starting position would be nothing special, but still stable.
With all the skills Ivan has developed, a large army and supernatural support, he should be able to seize the throne and then maybe even take it south to the Empire.
Or just rule in peace his hot wives and trustworthy inner circle.

Pre-Agriculture (10.000 BC) Uzbekistan
(in the middle of the world, it's easy to go to west,east,north)

Appearance = Male Noctis pic related.

Position = Mysterious Stranger

Mental Upgrades =
-Memory Of Ages Level 2
-Commander
-Economist
-Genius Level 2

Physical Upgrades =
-Strength Level 3
-Reflexes and Reaction Level 2
-Impervious Level 4
-Pain Control
-Non Reactor
-Regeneration Level 3
-Endurance Level 2
-Super Senses Level 1
-Temperature Tolerance Level 3
-Diet Level 2
-Sanitary Convenience Level 2
-Iron Gut

Minor Gifts =
-Flight Level 2 (holy shit you added flight thank you so much man)
Supernatural Gifts =
-Thunderdancer Minor + Major (Changed from Firedancer minor + Major)

Items =
-Personal Omni Weapon + Switch back and forth between weapon that has yet been created
-Sanitary Pack

Quest =
-The Myth Maker (seems easy enough)
-An Empire Eternal (Just in case i failed the myth maker, besides i want to help Babylon empire)

Hopefully i can complete my quest to become a Immortal (although with the fast regeneration + diet i already become one)
>Use my flight power and Lightning strike to impress everyone
>Win war and shit
>Help build the pyramid
>Free the Slaves
>Make my own empire
>Conquer Lands and shit
>Finally finish my quest
>Use omni-weapon to create Unlimited Blade Works
>Since I'm the only one in this world who ACTUALLY have Lightning blast shit, they all believe me immediately.
>Become Zeus.
>I SMITH THEE
>Find Jesus,Muhammed and be apart of their religion.
>Have fun flying around the earth.
>Join the world war 1 and 2
>Sail the world with a ship in 1500s
>Find Marco Polo

man, so much fun there

I want to think the Author did that so that the two CYOAs seem to happen in the same universe. Depending on the circumstances, the cyoadventurer might end up with a bio or a mech titan.

It depends on how "loyal" the gods are to their prophets. A dynamic like the one between Kid Icarus and Palutena is best.

Sounds good, but desu I feel like I've had my fill of divine waifus. It's guaranteed not to end well 99% of the time.

To talk about the CYOA itself, the idea and theme is very good, however it's overtly complicated and because of this very difficult to balance.
You can't just pick things in it, you have to constantly review every choice to make everything "fit". Like, to get the resources to enact a law you want, you might have to enact the law in the first place (and get surplus resources in the process), and then you need to go back to the choices at the beggining of the CYOA that increase your glory/honor/will to offset it... In short, it gets too confusing.

PS, I don't mind worshiping for power.

I agree, I made a build for it, but the process was so long and confusing, and I had to retrace my steps so often, that it was pretty much no fun.

I personally liked the complicity and found myself engaged. I might be in the minority though.

I don't mind complex, I just don't like how non-linear it was. I was frequently confronted with options that altered my previous choices, or depended on future ones. I'm just a linear person, I guess.

>I feel like I've had my fill of divine waifus
They really are not going to be 'waifus', because none of the greek gods would be interested in pursuing a permanent relationship with a mortal. There are a few that would sleep with you once, or in some cases several times, but that depends on the particular god. And that's really just a side-note, not even remotely the "point" of the CYOA.

Name: Prometheus
Position: Stranger

Mental perks: Genius 3 (10)
Memory 2 (17)
Harmony (22)
Gift of Gab (27)
Economist (32)
Artistic Prodigy (37)

Physical Perks: Endurance 2 (45)
Diet 3 (50)
Pain control (52)

Gifts: Spirit Singer Major (62)
Binding Major (72)
Enchanting Major (82)

Items: Wander's Journal (85)
Book of Knowledge (90)

Imbueable - Great Heros: Genius 3 (100)
Binding Major (110)
Enchanting Major (120)

Quest:The Myth Maker - hoarded !SCIENCE! grants the best immortality.
Mage Eye (2)
Regeneration 1 (5)
Map Maker (10)

Tera, Furnace of Myth
Magic: Learned
Balanced (0)
Rocky World (-2)
Expansive Caverns with strange fungus (-1)
Angered Forests (-4)
Which hath past, Ancient Clockworks (-4)
Periodic Elementalism Hyper-Major (+2)
Uncanny Parallels (+2)
Reality is Perception, Minor (+2)
Wild 'Magic' Fault Lines (+2)
Spirit Manifest (+2)

Races: Humanity, No shit. Diesease Resistance (+4)
Flitters, Friendly (+7)
Giants, Freindly (+10)
Dragons, Neutral (+10)
Those Beneath, Neutral (+10)
Stonefolk, Hostile (+7)
The Restless Dead (+4)
Vampires: The First, Twilight, Without weakness, Adv. Vampire Hunters (0)

That's true, I can see what you mean. But can a CYOA be complex while being linear?

That sounds fine, it just seems so sucky as to be unnecessary to even mention. Like, do you really want be turned into a deer by Artemis, or impregnated by Zeus? It doesn't have anything to do with gaining power, and seems to only exist to deter anons who will ask what happens if they try to stick their dick in a god. If they don't want romance, why include it as an option.

I think it can. It can be long, and have a variety of options and potential builds. I would put the Altering History cyoa as an example of a complex cyoa that works "in a straight line" so to speak. It only has one point pool and it's choices don't depend on each other, which I think keeps it from becoming bloated.

Nice; bring fire to those mortals, good sir. You've definitely got the right setup to speed human innovation along. Any particular plans for enchanting?

Yeah, upon reflection you're right. It's fully unnecessary. I'll just include a general note "Pursue romance with greek gods at your own risk. It is not recommended."

B

By making each step individually complex instead of making the last step dependant on second one and the like. Interactions between these steps should be kept simple so you don't need to keep going back

>greek
Yes, it's cliche as hell. Go with something original. Mesopotamian gods, just because of how long ago they were?

E

>Yes, it's cliche as hell. Go with something original. Mesopotamian gods, just because of how long ago they were?
Are there CYOAs using Greek Gods, besides the goddess waifu one (which draws from many mythologies)?

Sounds good. I want you to know I'm super psyched for this new cyoa, and I loved Altering History! Sorry if I was a little aggressive.

Rolled 7, 10, 11 = 28 (3d11)

Rollan

My first duty is to memorize my book split it thrice and give it onto three dragons. One dragon of fire and master of earth almost the face of a mountain itself shall protect the peninsula of olives and its humans but not interfere with their affairs, it is for dire situations only, The second in the far east keeper of the skies and wise in the ways of the stars and law shall protect the rune reading men and their kin under the same circumstances, And the Third wingless it may be but none the wiser to the ways of life shall be in the heart of the savage lands feeding on roots of the world speaking kindly to the creatures below while guiding humans carefully down into the depths to survive the great above and its jungles and deserts.

My second duty is to erect a fortress on land with a magical fault so strong it magnifies my powers thrice, equipping it with grand factories and stolen relics of yon' past guarded by fierce thinking machines and hidden with subtle hands.

My third duty is to speed up advancement but not overtly so, i am a figure of myth after all and the legions of the dead do hunger for even a hint of slack. dropping relics of power and scientific wonder as well as hints into the next proper step for research in small quaint places, my heros shall be chosen by their determination and their creativity, and allowed to do what they will with their new powers, hopefully spurring development of grand heros, scientists and even an occasional general.

my final duty is to never be in the limelight. i am MYTH. not STAR. i must work in the twilight, like an elder helping youth figure their problems out. on a unrelated note KNIGHTS.

>T&T, Hemomancy, Geomancy
It's as if I was fated for being an evil behind-the-scenes overlord.
>Mind control people in positions of power
>Get myself priority access to blood banks or hunt victims with impunity to achieve longevity
>Hold the world hostage with magic bioweapons

>plans on enchanting
other than making items simply better? bound spirits for anything from luck, to travel to simply making items work in a particular way better, also binding less favorable (yet powerful) creatures like say demons to make certain items quite powerful.

my idea on magic was pure augmentation to scientific ideas put together (so say a masterfully built computer, augmented with spirit specific protections and enhancements to make it twice as good, then add a demon in there to make it five times as powerful, what may have started out as an 8-bit computer may be almost able to do modern day computations easily)

world lore next

Dips on Dionysus.

Hey, what do the squid people in the Realm of Myth DLC look like? Illithids?

Also, does the Strength & Speed upgrade increase your speed and strength linearly, or what?

Here is the original Rapture Academy RPG for the user who asked for it:
editthis.info/wiki/Rapture_Academy

Priapus should be included.

>I warn you, boy, you will be screwed; girl, you will be fucked;

> a third penalty awaits the bearded thief.

>If a woman steals from me, or a man, or a boy,

> let the first give me her cunt, the second his head, the third his buttocks.

>My dick will go through the middle of boys and the middle of girls,

> but with bearded men it will aim only for the top.

>Greeks
Uh, why? They're universally huge assholes. There's not good god among them. Why would anyone want to serve those bastards? You should at least pick a likeable pantheon like the Norse or Egyptians. Or Shinto. Even the Celts are fine even if they have some dicks.

My gratitude is infinite.

That's Roman.

Thanks for posting the CYOA
I just wish it kept the games Houses instead of making new ones

Greco-roman myths are basically the fast food of mythology - everyone knows them already, and they're boring as shit. Norse myth is that one place that cares about quality, but still serves what could be called "fast food." Pick something nicer, take us out to that one hole in the wall restaurant that does these things well.

Power, user. All for power.

I disagree and enjoyed it.

An improved format would help immensely. Flipping back and forth through the same five pages over and over again can be mentally exhausting.

>Mesopotamian
Fuck that, the one group even more full of assholes than the Greeks.

Yeah you say that because you don't know Greek mythology. You're not getting anything out of this. You're not going to enjoy yourself. You're going to get raped or tortured or turned into a monster, usually all three, and before then you'll be sucking up to the biggest pompous jackass you've ever met.

I know that the actual Greek gods were all about incest-rape and shit, but in this context they're clearly less vindictive and terrible. Otherwise the cyoa where they give you power for worship wouldn't exist.

Fair. Try Egyptian, then. Or, to go even more obscure, Aztec. I'd say something about Native American, but their myths mostly have spirits of particular things - at least, the Great Plains tribes. The Pueblo and Navajo tribes actually have something, you could try a bit of that.

>in this context they're clearly less vindictive and terrible
You're basing that on what exactly? Where has the author said that?

I made this jojo meme for a friend if anyone needs some art.

>The limiting mechanic is basically going to be about how in addition to each god having certain requirements of behavior, they also require a certain amount of worship. And, as they are jealous and petty gods, if you worship more than one the time commitment will become geometric to appease them. I'm thinking something like if you only have one, you are going to be spending an hour a day in various propitiations. If two, then three hours a day. Three, six hours a day... That's a very rough number at this point, though.

They just want worship.

Let us start with the world.
The Furnace is a earthen world where the water of the planet is spread slightly thin on the land, large mountains dominate the old world hiding very grand secrets in their caverns with small keepers bouncing about, anything from adamantium veins to ancient automaton knights are commonly unearthed in these titanic mountains happily housing grand fortresses and holy forges on the same mountain, the great scorched deserts to the south are drenched in magic and where great elementals and spirits war with each other and and practice great feats of architecture and magic, to the far north on grand plateaus of the highlands slumber the giants rich in history and blood shed of stonefolk and their attempts to seize their holy lands, for if it was not the trees that would slow them it would be the unimpeded giants stories of the misty giants holding various powers according to locale being common (and increasingly true), if one where to venture to the east through the frozen stretches touching the top of the world staying wary of showing respect to the dead (and watching the shadows just in case) staying above the vast unclaimed hell that is the dense jungle land of the "indu" with strange whispering trees, that bait the unwary with temptations of the royal words hidden deep within them or golden fruit said to give 'eternal' youth none arriving from these lands sane only remarking tales of strange magics from the trees lashing out at great metal monoliths and even greater beasts that give pause to only dragons, yes if we walk past all of that we come upon a great marsh fighting an even greater plains land, where the stars watch men become hero's, where the first dragon is said to have settled and where the ancestral spirit is appeased lest the corpses of the king raze the land men live on.

i've jabbed on about the land enough, but what about those who work the land you may ask? ah but that is only the beginning!

I like the CYOA houses

the men of most parts are hardy to disease from their quite aggressive start in the world where they fought tooth and nail against the trees and their terrible spores, thorns and initial disease base attacks, sometimes drowning the dead of ancient tribes drinking water to pollute it and drive them away into their inviting thorns. for some strange reason they are keeping remarkable pace with the stonekin and their metallurgy and even surpassing them in several forms of invention, not that the dwarves are not making up for it in several other ways commonly including magic soaked fortresses, runic fire from the heavens and ravenous feline beasts.

now these "dwarves" they own large sections of desert lands and if they dont have atleast one fortress in the various tunnel networks below to defend their mine-cities they are no real dwarf. Now the Dwarves and the trees have a hatred for each other no other race can fully appreciate even humans that live IN forests, for when dwarves need lumber they field numbers of woodcutters that would rival any army and if their city cannot come up with the staggering number of dwarves to achieve these feats in heavily wooded areas they simply burn large runic marks into the earth segregating trees and making it simple to harvest the protesting forest with the still considerable tide of beard, any plant found that survives the initial blast is ground and distilled into alcohol.

now the small bug-like "fey" are commonly on good terms with humans despite being quite friendly with plant life in the frozen north and damned southern jungles no no, these little wisps of wonder ALWAYS know where to get good materials for work and commonly trade damn well letting their mithril and goldleaf speak volumes to human cities willing to open up, which commonly then leads to fey meddling with scholars and priests producing more breakthroughs then tall race wants to fully admit.

(BREAK! SLEEP NAOW!)

Been about a day since my capture. My jailers had the decency to remove the blindfold when throwing me in this den at least. While there are no celestial objects to illuminate these dark, damp caverns, strange bio-luminescent fungi thrive in these creatures' settlement. Even combined they are nowhere near as bright as daytime; but their produced light is enough for me to see outlines at least. Distance is difficult to judge in these conditions, but the cavern here appears extraordinarily large in height, length, and width.

The creatures themselves are, as expected from their touch, disquieting in appearance to say the least. They are humanoid like humans and sylvans, yes, but the similarities end there. Their faces are closer to spiders than humans, just anthropomorphic enough to conjure subconscious horror. Unlike spiders they have no hair; instead their skin is pasty white, with what looks to be a thin layer of light-reflecting slime (perhaps to make being seen in these low light conditions easier?).

There are certainly more of these creatures together than my tribe. Easily hundreds of them, possibly over a thousand scurrying about. Initially that only made their method of communication - haunting in small groups - near unbearable in the cacophony of high and low pitched humming. Yet in recent hours I have begun to hear order in the chaos - to parse meaning from nonsense. It is unlikely the human vocal cords could truly mimic their sounds, but there I found myself, quietly humming their language without thought. Perhaps my transformation so long ago changed my vocal cords.

I've explored the small den they threw me in, feeling every bit of rock making up the walls and floor, but do not see a way to escape. The entrance is blocked by secured stone bars. Fortunately there is a small trickle of water to drink, but no food has been given as of yet.

There's no real problem with them and they do add more variety considering the game only has 4 for each gender
I guess I just wanted it to be a little more faithful to the source material considering how much I enjoy the system

why would anyone want something you edited? make your own cyoa.

So they do by default, user.

Peachy meme.

Is Beri still doing that art-genie thing from a while back? i'm trying to decide if it's worth making a shameless ripoff of that.

>That feeling when you suddenly have tons of ideas for builds, but you're out of town for a significant amount of time so you can't make/post them.

Fucking Christ. At least I can now have the excuse of holding out just a little longer for the image version.

>Black unicorns are the urban unicorns

I chuckled.

Even if you don't have any ideas for a build, just pick almost any cyoa, make a build for that and have them meet a strange wanderer who promises to show them the world. Then it's off to Ae where you then get to pick your items, faction, companions and hubworld. Can't think of a cyoa off the top of my head that that wouldn't work for.

As the guy who made that years ago, If you're gonna edit out the mystery boxes, you should at least keep jesus.

Of course, if I could turn back time I'd add a clause that damns you to hell just for being a namefag.

Don't I have to be a virgin for this?

I thought your CYOA was fun for the time, place, and thread quality at the time.

you're on Veeky Forums, that's a non-issue

Human
Slavemancer

Fast Learning
Sleepless
Wise Hunter

Small Power Module 100
Energy Generator 100
Personal Shield Generator with Anti-Magic 1500
Energy Assault Rifle 300
Stealth Suit, no money to start with but first thing to be bought, followed by an Energy Converter

Flechette, since as a slavemancer i hopefully wont need any organization to provide me minions

I'll build my own kingdom and preserve human culture and ideals.

But I'm not tho

Here you go, friend!

He's not just regular virgin

He's...

Let's see

House:All hail King Neptune and his water breathers

>Attributes
Allure:1
Elusive:4
Force:5
Study:0
Threat:2

>Perks
Favorite Class: Self Defense [-1] (Jeet Kun Do)

>>Dominant
Feared[-2]

>>Magical
haunted[+2]

>>Mental
Just as Planned [-4]

>>Social
Polite[+2]

>>Sensual
Innocence

>Mysteries
Ghost Hunters Club: my ghosts are seriously starting to piss me off, I'm going to try and get the removed.

Neptune Break-ins: this is personal, I'm going to drown whoever's responsible

Magical Girl:an investigation made more out of a passing interest than anything. If it ends up catching my interest I'll see where it takes me.

More streetwise than anything, our man is not too sure how a guy with grades as low as his and a criminal record as extensive as his even got into Rapture. Perhaps Rapture was expecting him to become a complete monster. Instead he did what came naturally to him, buck off the yoke of convention and fuck off by himself. Or at the very least he tries his best to.

Secret page where?

If someone told you, it wouldn't be secret now would it?

eh swap innocence out with connections, that makes more sense

Just for you i'm posting your original one instead of mopeyfucks edit

part 2

Why was the 'salvation' option such shit?

Seriously, yolur ueither daming people to boredom for having the gaul to play a CYOA or damning them for browinsg this site.

Either way, yoru 'salvation' option sucked ass.

So did the devil's counter offer. (Which also could have been amazing.)

So it's shit all the way around. I removed the shit and left the things I'd use the CYOA for - a second CYOA in a game where I use the 'second cyoa' option.

>thread quality at the time.
Thread quality only got worse if you ask me.

Not the guy you're responding to but if you don't like it make your own from scratch mopeyfuck.

I didn't.

Than you must hate it when random strangers eavesdrop on your conversations I take it?