Found out about bitcoin sub $1 on /b/ in 2010

>Found out about bitcoin sub $1 on /b/ in 2010
>Didn't buy
>Found out about eth sub $10 on Veeky Forums
>Didn't buy
>Said fuck it and bought a smattering of altcoins for $500 this past summer
>Panic sold everything for a net loss of ~$30 shortly thereafter and swore off of crypto
>Would have seen 10x gains if I had just held

I'm sick of being a no-coin faggot loser. I want to get in for good this time.

I am a full time grad student so A) I am poor and can only invest $500 max, and B) I don't have time to daytrade at all, so I need to go for very long term holds.

This brings me to two questions:

1. Is it absolutely fucking insane to buy now in the midst of what is probably a colossal bubble, considering the fact that I intend to hold for years before selling? / Should I try to wait for the supposed crash for heavily discounted altcoin prices?

2. Which shitcoins could yield 50x + over the next 3 years?

There is no safe way to do it without a lot of capital, that's the risk vs reward reality of investing.
Tbh, you're not going to make more than beer money with $500 to invest.

>Who's to say you wouldn't have sold at $100?
>at $1000
>at $5000

What's done is done, You don't want to know how much I've lost in the market.

it's insane to buy into any of this, but do it anyways.

We're all mad here

Ark, link, req are your best bets. Split between all 3 for safe gains. Check em.

Yeah but if you were dilligent you can build your stack with even 100$

realistically the only real bubble is btc

the other coins will catch up, if ur long i'd look into ethereum (early next year should be good)

LINK but. your track record shows you have weak hands.

Hold and you might seem gains.

low risk: OMG, ARK, STRAT, LISK, XMR
high risk (high reward): ODN, SUB, LINK, some other shitcoins that biz will shill you

>50x + over the next 3 years
none. Not without daytrading.

Shitcoins come and go. Theres always a new flavor of the month that gets shilled into heavens then drops to oblivion.

You'd have to be there day 1 with shitcoins to hold them longterm

Youre better off holding btc/eth/ltc. They are most safe for holding even at this stage.

My dream is to pay off my school debt (or at least put a big dent in it) with crypto. I will graduate medical school in 2020 with ~$200,000 debt. I know it's a super long shot, especially with only $500 starting capital. But I figure if I can get lucky and hit 10x 2-3 times, it can happen. Even typing that just seems absurd (and would be completely delusional in any other market), but crypto has proven that this is a real possibility. I am drawn by the idea of this being a one-in-a-lifetime "Wild West" scenario that I will regret forever if I don't participate in. The real question is if the real missions have already dried up at this point. I feel like buying after the crash is my last opportunity for a moon-tier entry point / "making it"

Get ARK.
It will get to ETH, possibly early 2017 BTC levels by 2020.

>Not without day trading

So you don't think there will be a "next bitcoin" or "next eth" ? People always talk about this sort of "messiah coin" - the one that will dethrone btc and actually be mass adopted as a decentralized currency. It's probably naive of me to think that that coin, if it exists, isn't already floating somewhere in theyhatathathe Top 50. In reality, I should probably just accept that I'm too late, abandon this pipe dream, and just focus on my actual career :\

Yo, it can be done. I graduate med shcool in 2020 too, started with 2k back in Feb, Up to 65K now.

You're gonna have to sift through the shit though

>So you don't think there will be a "next bitcoin" or "next eth" ?
no. the next messiah coin, if it will happen, would be a new coin on coinbase.

People here think way too much into crypto. They dont think outside of biz.

It doesnt matter what a coin does, or can do. It doesnt matter if its better or cooler.

What matter is only that its on coinbase so people can easily shill and buy.

No one here uses btc or any other coin to buy stuff. We used it to ponzie people and get more fiat.

Alt coins are also only used to get more btc. More btc = more fiat.

That's a lie. I started with £500 and picked some coins carefully, now have 30x my init starting budget.

You need to take risks if you go in with a low amount (ie - all in on positions). Crypto market is one of the most forgiving for people starting with low budgets.

1. if you buy btc right now and hold until it reaches 100k you'll be fine.

2. REQ, maybe LINK. i'm not holding either one atm because i think they'll drop some more due to btc's rise.

Fellow meds, started with $390 15 days ago, up to 630. Graduating 2021. good luck

This. ARK is high comfy low risk. 100$ by Q3 2018.

7-10x moon missions can still happen. we just saw IOTA went 8x in one month. the chance of you being early in a coin and holding for 7-10x is very small now though. I have a good feeling NEO will be the next 7-10x but it needs REALLY good news from the chinese government.

Don't listen to this idiot. People have been saying this for years. Every week some coin goes 2-10X. It will happen in all of 2018.

you think you're cool? I found out about ETH at $7 and thought I was smarter than Veeky Forums for buying WAVES. WAVES! FUCK

ARK hasn't done dick in months

did you even read what i said? literally the first sentence "7-10x moon missions can still happen". jfc.