Accidental Magical Girl CYOA: Be Good Girls Edition

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use. A majority of activity (including campaigns) instead happens in the IRC, which is open for newbies to join.
Characters can be rolled with either the CYOA's purple PDF which is intended as a writing prompt and is in the process of developing an independent auxiliary combat system, or AMGC's blue pdf which contains combat rules for PNP campaigns along with the rolls. The IRC mostly uses AMGC.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

1.5 CHANGELOG (Important if you intend to update a character that was created with the CYOA writing prompt in mind): pastebin.com/KZAyNZF2

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images (updated 02/26/16): mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
Add your character here!

RPNP Stuff:
IRC Linkboard:
titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq
Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle #MGPnP #Overcity
IC Shenanigans: #TheWand&Circlet #MGCafe
IC School: #MGSchool or #MGClass
rizon.net/chat

Early 2015 Old Thread OP Text: pastebin.com/usMM2EC7

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo
titanpad.com/AMGC1-13vote
titanpad.com/AMGCupdate1-14
titanpad.com/AMGCperkRebalance
titanpad.com/MonGPerkChanges
titanpad.com/MonGPerkTierList
titanpad.com/AMGCbestiary
titanpad.com/mgcyoaIRCsetting
titanpad.com/CritterGirls
mega.nz/#!GpAWwKza!ftRVXeKIEoD7JN4v2rxtx8zmuYU72XPqS7dI6nYJaw8
titanpad.com/XANnjx4jQq
titanpad.com/TheBeacon
titanpad.com/AMGC1-13VotingResults
titanpad.com/YPpYDhIZ5Z
titanpad.com/F4O4bSRc56
youtube.com/watch?v=nlwGidpoONM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

See the changelog for the alterations which came with the 1.5 update!

This PDF is for AMGC 1.12, used for PnP in the IRC.
>Features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one convenient spot!
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0

System updates related to CYOA 1.5 are in progress, but will NOT be including any of the mechanical effects of Origins at this time.

>Character sharing thing made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

>Torque's Google Docs Character Sheet
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo

Said Add-Ons also linked here for further convenience.

Corruption, for all things that crawl, swim, fly, or what have you.

Fusion, for magical girls that [insert euphemism of choice here].

And lastly, the Puchuu Expansion, for the myriad creatures that seek to instruct or command most magical girls.

A list of titanpads related to ongoing AMGC discussion:

titanpad.com/AMGC1-13vote
titanpad.com/AMGCupdate1-14

titanpad.com/AMGCperkRebalance
titanpad.com/MonGPerkChanges
titanpad.com/MonGPerkTierList

titanpad.com/AMGCbestiary
titanpad.com/mgcyoaIRCsetting
titanpad.com/CritterGirls

first

Sup imoutos? It's Drakon, tripfagging as you can plainly see.

Some health issues have arisen earlier this month and is cutting heavily into my time writing and typing. Nothing major/serious, just hand and joint issues.

A little more update; I have all specs fully plotted out, the rough draft notes are in the image.

Two new recruits tonight!

Is anyone else tired of how Torque acts like he's a mod?
Why is he allowed to shut down opinions he doesn't like in the voting pad and push for options that favor his character?

What opinions did I shut down?
Everyone is free to push for the options they want. The only things I objected to in managing the Titanpad were ideas that had been newly proposed after the transition to voting was made.

Your NOT a community manager. You made the titanpads but that does not give you the right to decide what belongs there.
Its a community vote. The community decides what issues they care about. Not you.
Stop pressuring other people to not give their input on the vote that affects Kaylee.

I'm the one who's actually taking initiative, and the IRC mods aren't elected or anything. Their legitimacy is determined by people going along with their thing.

I can say whatever I want in my comments, it's not like anyone's afraid to cross me. People are going to read it, take it as what it is, and vote however they want.

Your taking iniative at shutting up discussion you don't like and which doesn't benefit you at all. Then you present yourself as the owner of the voting pad to guve yourself an undeserved authority.

Sigh. Looks like we have another DSD in the community.

For any of those who were looking forward to Magical Generation X, or even knew of its existence in the first place, I have some news. So, first off:
Flamy has left. If he’s left just #MGCYOA, IRC in general or hell, even all of the internet, I don’t exactly know, but he’s gone. Which brings up the next thing. Someone had informed me that he left, and going back to my logs I found he had dropped the MGX Google Doc and bounced. Looking through it I noticed that he hadn’t finished quite a few spec trees, which means that MGX in its current form is, well it’s playable if you’re one of the finished spec trees. Some don’t even have spells however, making it quite impossible to play them.
Some time later, I decided to check my email, and it turns out that Flamy had transferred ownership of the Google Docs to me. So I guess what this means is that I’m now the owner and developer of Magical Generation X. I hadn’t exactly expected to have this project dumped on me, but I’ll do my best to continue the development along. Please wait warmly as I try and finish this in what is likely going to be months.

Have a cute girl in return for reading this.

Nice examples you gave.

>showing that much shoulder and back
Isn't chastity one of the virtues of becon?
What is it exactly?

>Isn't chastity one of the virtues of becon?
No, they're sluts

It's a d20 system. There's a lot of inspiration taken from Mecha shows, meaning that if I'm to keep in line with the original design philosophy, I'm going to have to do a lot of research.

Here's also a blurb from Flamy from the Doc. "Magical girls, the young souls that fight against the aberrations of nature, monsters... they are the heroes, sometimes the villains, but usually, they are young girls who wield the power of magic.
Of course, conflict is inevitable for such noble hearts as these. The Magical Generation X (hereby abbreviated as MGX) serves as a combat system based on the original Accidental Magical Girl CYOA PDF, for those who prefer their fights hard and crunchy, rather than soft and fluffy. Or just a way to wave one's phallus.
But enough talk, have at you!"

Have a cute bunny.

A cadre of light specced girls corner your character and demand of them an answer to this question.

"Are you a slut?"

How does your character respond?
Are they lying?

Riri: "No." (Honest)
Sammi and Wesley: "Well by the actual definition..." "She keeps forgetting to wash behind her ears!" (Low standards of cleanliness, it's a thing.)
Malcolm: -Forever Alone-

Angels pls...

"That depends, how much are you offering?"

I mean, the dude has a point about not throwing even more things into a vote halfway through the deadline. Shouldn't those be considered and thought through before being added?

Rolled 13, 7, 14, 7, 4, 17, 18, 10, 15, 4, 3, 15 = 127 (12d20)

Haven't rolled in thread for a while.

This comment is pure shitposting. But the thread is on page 10, so who cares?

You should link back to the previous thread somewhere in the OP text.

Recapping the last thread:
> Torque's AMGC update vote is now up
>Flashdrive is making spec PDFs for spells and continuing work on Lynnia and Zene's sanity system
>Drakon's spell update SOON
>AMGC monsters are broken, how fix?
>Flamy is now gone and MGX is up and running
>Zene wrote a clarification post with her position on monsters and gave up the pdf files. Guess this is goodbye.
>Purification rebalance talk
>Talk about enforcing a setting instead of having tacticool steampunk mecha noir

Miss anything?

You're mixing up people.

Ain wrote the walls about monstergirls being handled wrong, not Zene. Its not anything helpful and it derailed the purpose of Torques' pad.

Zene saying she flaked out of the rp was coincident. Still nice she popped up. Though I really wish she would have stayed instead.
Link to her files is here
mega.nz/#!GpAWwKza!ftRVXeKIEoD7JN4v2rxtx8zmuYU72XPqS7dI6nYJaw8

"No, but are you?". Reverse Inquisition!

That's lewd!

Sigh. Tangent here. For the record, this isn't me, and for god's sake, this sort of thing isn't worth dragging into the thread.

Say it to his face or not at all- and for all that I don't agree with his specific design decisions, that's not what he's actually doing there.

At least link it so people can judge on their own. Ai-n isn't that bad.
titanpad.com/XANnjx4jQq

user posting doesn't prove anything. You could just be sock puppetting.
This is why the threads are shit.
At the same time why say it to his face when it looks like Torque is the next mod.
Don't respond to drama. In the thread or IRC.

Hey guys how does the twinned soul power work. Am I really able to copy myself once and then give my twin the duplication power so I could swarm my enemy's with magical girls

Your Twin doesn't get a power. Unless you Gold for one.

In the OP's PDF, yes.
In the blue PDF, which is used for the PnP RP, no. Unless

In the blue PDF twins get their own Power which you roll for, unless you use Point Buy and choose a Power for your twin.
In the OP pdf, nope. Your Power is Twinned Soul as is your Twin's. This was bug-fixed early on when a poster was able to create 6 or so Twins just due to RNG of successively rolling the Twinned Souls power.

If by bugfixed, you mean it was pointed out and acknowledged as a possible issue, sure. However, the CYOA hasn't actually been edited in reference to that, so a newcomer asking about it likely wouldn't know.

I recall Quasar Black made a quick update. Someone must not have saved or posted the correct one.

I remember him saying that he would make an update disallowing the Twin Soul having Twin Souls. I don't remember him actually doing it though.

I wish

flamys just a mechafag right

just do what you as a creator wants

>all this drama

Let's try getting this thread back on topic.

Roleplay as many of you have noticed is stalling. There's a lot of active newcomers help keeping things active, but a lot of the elder players have dropped out.

I propose adding a plot to the IRC roleplay. It doesn't need to be a campaign or have a GM, but give new players something to work on instead of one off dungeons.
Right now the plot of the IRC is loosely described as magical and monster girls mingle in the neutral Pub and nothing really matters except relationships.

Possibly adding a plot everyone can participate in or try to roleplay solving at any time could even entice the less active folk to get active again.

Thoughts?

Newbie here.

If we could get some actual faction conflict going on again between the Mint and the Beacon, that'd provide for interesting RP opportunities, I think.

Been meaning to ask what life as an agent of the Mint is like anyway; anybody ever run a Mint character before?

Depends on what you mean exactly. Every plot needs a resolution. I had once entertained the idea of having a major event happen when a major change occurs in the system. An in universe way of changing things. But that's a small thing in comparison to what I think you're saying. I'd like to hear more though.

I'm new and think this would actually be cool.

I'd like a bit of plot as well, it'd make the slice of life bits a bit less samey.

The issue with the Ebon Mint is that... well... The idea of Black Coins existed before QB decided to make them canon. Back then they had completely different lore and were written differently. They didn't have the whole mafia and debt agency strings attached.
So you can understand that when QB released his lore reactions were lukewarm. Mostly the fact that if you want corruption congrats you're in debt to a third party and feels cheesed to write yourself resolving.
Playing a leader of the Mint would probably get you side-eyed unless you had respect. Someone like Zene or Zip could pull it off.
Since it IS official lore now someone might as well try doing something with it.

I disagree that RP is any more stalled than in the past. I would say we're better than we've been in a while.

That said, I don't mind at all if someone has ideas for a big plot thing.

Flashdrive has done a little bit of Mint stuff and said he was going to do more, but lately I haven't seen him active.

As for Beacon, some things are happening. I ran a recent recuitment event for two players that I think went well. I'm probably going to make a new titanpad of everything about Beacon as it is now.

Could play up that the Mint is more of a "collective" term. Like how you have "The Mafia". There are plenty of mob bosses and gang leaders. But they aren't all necessarily on the same team, or even like each other. Turf wars, raids on other Mint groups. Things like that.

I like this. Could have the magical loli equivlaent of the polish gun runners (mostly to the philippines, ireland, and north africa), the italian security and organized non-weapons smuggling with a side in opium (ties to dutch organizations there), the columbian's who hold a small segment but mostly sell to the irish as middle men in their own segments of extorted neighborhoods, the white collar hodgepodge of jews, miscellaneous europeans, and select asians that do mostly financial wire fraud, money laundering, etc. (I lump this into a group but they are a very fictionalized group by the nature of the business preferring as few people in the know as possible), and the russians who are heavy into the blue-collar money laundering.

Just basing this on the Boston area's organized crime scene.

I have a large scale, open ended, campaign that I had been writing up from the time I joined until just before I started the spell propositions that I'm currently working through.

I know for a fact that it will get people going again with new interest, but at the same time requires a massive commitment from myself that I just can not make as of this time. We're working on all of this one step at a time but that should NEVER stop a player from making their own story and running their own games.

I figured it was more of a knowable force that is effectively unassailable as a whole. The point of which is to not only force involvement of a mahou, but to make it something that can never be fully resolved. Said character will always be subject to someone else's ambition.

It's a permanent plot hook.

Here's my initial effort. I'd love to get input from others, and especially from Neemous and LHOG.

titanpad.com/TheBeacon

I'm not much good with balance, but the sanctification rules as is need work. Will think of suggestions and post in that pad.

The votes are in and counted!

titanpad.com/AMGC1-13VotingResults

Whatever comes to mind for being on the lower rungs of some nearly nameless criminal organization with a lot of layers of secretiveness the farther in you try to get. You might not even be there willingly, I'd bet at least half of the mints you'd encounter didn't get where they are by choice.
This is an organization that wants to gather people in, grab them by the metaphorical balls, and integrate them into the grand machine that keeps them in control. Some of the girls that get into it might take to this lifestyle, try to use other people and rise in their ranks. Some might not want anything to do with the mint, but it's pretty hard to shake them entirely, especially if there's *anything* you value that you can't keep protected 24/7 which they can use against you. On the other hand, maybe you just want to lay low - you get that they're not going away, so you're just going to do your job and keep your head down. Stay as one of those little cogs. To the mint, you only have value so much as you have use to them... but if you don't lose that little value you have and don't catch their attention, they won't have reason to do anything else to you.
... but can you hold that attitude if some of the 'heavy lifting' work they might ask from a combat-capable magical girl conflicts with your ideals and values? What if it puts your friends in danger? What if your friends get in danger simply from your association?

The Mint is a Swiss army plothook. You can keep it in the background, you can have it in the forefront, you can have it somewhere in the middle, you can switch it between any of those without needing much of a real reason. They're not going to tell you what their real reasons are to why interest in you might fluctuate either, after all.

Four perks that could replace Tuner:
Nest egg - For some reason a puchuu has entrusted you with a puchuu egg. One day it will hatch, but for as long as you keep it safe you have +1 HP, Mana, and FP.

Bully (1 STR) - You are a bully. Whether physical or psychological, friendly or serious, you like to bully other mahous, and you're proud of it. Once per encounter: you may take a free action to force an ally to lose 2 dice from a roll in order to gain 2 for one of your own.

Living Weapon (1 Weapon stat) - Your weapon(s) is animate, aware, alive after a fashion. It cannot be killed. It cannot be targeted by anything that wouldn't normally target a magical girl's weapon. It can communicate with you and interact with the world. Grants +2 to a single defense once per combat as the weapon exerts its power for your well being.

Channel Fate (1 LCK/MAG) - When you cast a spell, you may spend 2 Fortune Points to reduce the mana cost by 2.

Bully is a character trait and therefore shouldn't be rollable.

Living Weapon introduces Called Shot mechanics with that note on targeting. I'm all for introducing them but they would require more work.

Puchuu egg is irrelevant since most girls don't have Puchuu and it forces a specific type of Patron on a girl. Not a fan.

Channel Fate is alright. Might be OP with the Mag buff incoming.

Make channel fate a once per combat thing?

And I initially read it as "reduce mana cost and requirement by 2" which would make up for it being once per combat.

Living Weapon sounds good, but just mention that it's +2 to a single defense without even mentioning "cannot be targeted"

I'm not sure about fate. It will at least double the mana pool at least in a sense.
Might be a bit broken since it essentially allows fate builds to now have a significant mana pool regardless of magic stat.

I am opposed to "Channel Fate" due to how it encourages MAG/LUK builds even more. Luck is already an omni-defend, and is often a common pairing with Magic users. Making it even more tempting to put coins into just doesn't sit right with me.

Though, if it turns into a "Once Per Combat" kind of thing, then I'd be more okay with it. As it is currently written, it seems a little too over powered and with Luck being capable of defending anything it could probably be a little more broken with a High Luck build with the second highest stat being Magic. More FP, Decent MP, MP cost is lowered.

Another proposal for it is to add a clause stating that you can't add a Fortune Point for an instant Two Additional Successes.

It's eating your fate points to do a super special snowflake attack. And yeah, you're already spending fate to do this, spending even more to boost your successes seems like it wouldn't be kosher.

So 2 fortune points for a superspecial onetrick pony attack that costs slightly less mana once a combat seems fair?

You SHOULD be able to use it as a KB though.

KB?

Killing Blow. Not so sure about Focused Assault...

Rolled 10, 14, 1, 14, 1, 12, 5, 8, 3, 15, 14, 19 = 116 (12d20)

The signs are everywhere

>Your taking iniative at shutting up discussion you don't like and which doesn't benefit you at all.
Hey! I stopped doing that.
>Then you present yourself as the owner of the voting pad to guve yourself an undeserved authority.
I have never done that to my knowledge. If you feel like giving actual examples I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

What is this? You're pretending to me but you're not trying to paint me in a bad light. I don't understand.

I mean, it's a more restrictive alternative to Blood Magic. I disagree with being able to use it on powers, not that I have anything against Killing Blow. I think there are other options where the combo become problematic.

Overall I prefer Bully, even though I'm the one who came up with Channel Fate.

Bully means your character has to act in a certain way though. Unless it works with your concept it'll be useless to most who just roll it.
Weren't there more perk suggestions than those four? I'm not sold on any of them desu

I'm pretty sure it was DSD saying defending himself due to that person calling you a second DSD.

That said, I disagree with Bully being a perk. It's a character trait, not a perk. It could be a DMG perk, but that's a whole different beast right now.

Out of all the suggested perks, I prefer Living Weapon. Provided the weapon can't do too much on its own, in or out of combat. Perhaps it can float around on its own, or cut ropes. But it shouldn't be able to attack without you, and if you get disarmed it can return to you as a free action at the start of your turn? Can't remember off-hand if that steps on any other perks toes.

There were, those were just the ones I thought were best/easiest to work in.

Yeah I would agree regarding the weapon not being able to do too much. The original suggestion involved letting it turn into a person and walk around and I thought that was way too much.

It has been written. The time is coming, Torque.

Yeah... No. A weapon that turns into a person might as well be a separate character in my opinion. Hell, I could see that being the basis of an Oddball: Transformation. If your main weapon is a complete character and free to do what they want on their own, it should have stats like a normal character and be allowed to "break" and be "killed". Limiting it to just being slightly capable and locked in weapon form is fine.

Well, there's one way to fluff Twin Soul...

Rolled 12, 20, 15, 19, 15, 20, 7, 12, 1, 5, 7, 7 = 140 (12d20)

Complete Perk titanpads here:

titanpad.com/YPpYDhIZ5Z
titanpad.com/F4O4bSRc56 (ctrl+f literally autism)

1. Wish: you can make a request of metaforces (in OOC); whether it will be granted is something dependent on the forces that be, but your request will be heard Probably bad in a freeform setting.Explicitly make it a minor, onetime wish.
2. Fashionista: you can swap your own outfit style (ex: cosplay -> flowing) or weapon style to an ally's as an action.your "new" thing has elements of both what you copied / your original Eternal Style
3. Senshi: get a bonus die when with 3/+girls incombat? Allies = Free BonusThere are only 2 Allies. Could also specify non-Allies or Big Friend for the bonus.
4. Lolichop: Your maguka weapon gets disguised as a piece of candy when you are non-transformed -> you can spend a free action transforming it to your weapon also when non-transformed with the usual stat bonuses. Dagger? Now a Toblerone. Gun = a pez etc Why would I want this perk, it sounds awful unless you have the candy oddball spec. Weapons get summoned when you transform anyway. Do you want a perk to be able to use the weapon untransformed? That could be alright I guess, +1 any weapon stat?
5. Pretty Parasol: gain a cool parasol that gives you the power of limited flight, can be used out of costume or stashed on your person. Ditch the flavour and I'd be okay with it. If the metal spec wants a jetpack and the darkness spec wants nightmare wings let them have it. Pretty much just wings/levitation, do we need a 3rd of that? TrueMaybe refluff wings to "Flight" and say it can be anything from a jetpack to a parasol to wings? That soulds like the best option honestly, though wings come with the side-effect of being targetable.
6. Portable teaparty: creates a tea party/picnic in a box that exists for 1 round. Everyone is forced to sit nicely at the tea table for the duration of the round.

7. Nest egg: for some reaon a puchuu has entrusted you with a puchuu egg. One day it will hatch, but for as long as you keep it safe you gain +1 to every resource (hp, mana, fortune) but not the stat itself Mm omletteskekSpoiler in that the egg is actually a baby patron, not a puchuu and they are gambling you'll get it killed.
8. Subscribed: somehow you have gained a subcription to some magazine/newspaper that has meta knowledge of your life. Delivers you interesting magical community info such as monster sightings and gossip+1 Luck?
9. Pocket full of sunshine: gives you something that you can summon once per encounter as an action guaranteed to make either someone in the party (or the monster) happy. But not everything which makes an enemy happy will bode well for your mahou sounds like a spell on some sort of 'happiness' oddball spec
10. Soulmates: you have an NPC soulmate who is destined to love you, like Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, or Madoka and Homu. If your soulmate is another pc they must also have the soulmate perk, and you must meta your way out of arguments which would make your characters break up. +1 dice on all luck rolls when with your soulmate This doesn't sound like a perk on the level of 'I can hop across dimensions', this sounds like work. Just roleplay it if you want to, goddamn. Not very good at worst, Yet another ally at best.
11. Ctrl-Z: for 1 mana and 1 fate point you can reroll either an ally's, or an enemy's roll once per encounter. Must take the second result Strong as hell.
12. Foreverending Story: you can hop into the world of a book for 24 hours, although it may not exactly meet your expectations. Can not take anything out of the bookworld nor can you bring anything other than your base magical girl items in. Mundane things in Hammerspace can thus not be removed, nor can you Hammerspace book world items sounds like a nerfed oddball spec Kinda useless

13. Broken Clock: roll 2d12s. If you get the same value on each roll you will gain a preternaturally correct idea about your current situation. You suddenly might gain knowledge that dancing the Egyptian may paralyze your enemy with fear for example Think we have this already without the RNG
14. Photographic Memory: exactly what it says More a fluff thing than a perk. Useful for determining whether you can remember something for Absolute Direction, I suppose.
15. Idol: you attain celebrity status in a field of your choice. May not necessarily be related to your Specialization. Gilderoy lockheart-tier without associated training, I like it. +1
16. Lockety Walkie Talkies: You get a matching pair of lockets that can transmit voice/limited video feed through (only as large as the lockets themselves). They will always function. Meh. Other stuff can do this, Plus in fluff we have cellphones and stuff.
17. Starcrossed: pick your mahou's birthdate. Her daily horoscopes tend nearly always to be true.
18. Sleight of Hand: If you are Close, you may swap a handheld object (weapon, artifact, etc) with your target. Requires a roll of luck versus their luck; on a success they will not notice what you did until their turn. >Your weapon is now a fish/pistol/whatever stat they dont haveDunno about it as a perk but this seems like a hilarious way to fluff an oddball disarm.. Look at that, what's in your hand? It's your gun, now look at me, back to the gun! The gun is now candy. *overcity shift* we're on a boat. Cancer i'm not sorry
also 20 LCK meguca sleight of hand'ing away panties is a sight I'd like to see.lewd

19. Mobius Loop: you have a clothing item that is seemingly endless when you try to lay it out and measure it. A scarf that goea on for miles, a belt that can fit around earth but also just manages to fit you perfectly, mines worth of a silver chain, who knows More fluff than perk Then you're not trying hard enough. Sounds alright and falls within artifact item's constraints. No 'just fluff' there.
20. Hearthstone: A piece of your outfit has a magical gem. You can use it to recall yourself to a place you have tagged once per day. Other perks do this better
21 Notabe Notebok: Take notes in this notebook and come back to them later. Has unlimited space, you think of the note you want to see. (+1 MAG? LCK?) LCK
22 Super Scope: Works like a telescope, has options for X-ray, thermal vision, other spectra of visibility like trails of magic. Perception boost. (+ 1 LCK) Please don't use for lewds. Is there any other use? Reconaissance? Like this a lot, maybe also make it fluffable as glasses or smt
23 Phasing: Can pass through a few feet of solid object. (+1 MAG)[Exists as a MonG Perk]
24. Figure of Myth: History has rewritten itself; many believe you are a figure of legends reincarnated.
25. Reincarnation: When you die you can reroll; but keep the memories of your original character. May choose to keep as a legacy perk on the new roll, so you roll one perk less than normal.
26. Resurrection: Your mahou respawns in a day when killed (with same stats). infinite life seems like a power, less a perk. Still, I like it.Possibly a decent -vit or, even perhaps a lowering on HP per Vit scale. Your ressurection ability means you die once an episode/season and the thing is less about keeping yourself alive, more doing what you need to do for you/your team/those you're saving so WHEN you die it's not an issue. Immortality is already a thing in the CYOA though, so it's not really a Power tier.

27. Transit: You'll never be late for a departure, and can even go to and from the Afterlife while alive.
28. Rival: Gain a magical girl who is your polar opposite, with 1 stat better than you in all categories. She will compete with you and make your life hard when you least expect it, but you may be able to befriend her one day. +1 lck
29. Tailor-Made: Dual-style costume in the same style as Dual-Weapon.
30. Shield: Get a cool (but breakable) shield. Grants +4 Soak but can't be resummoned when broken unless you untransform/retransform.
31. Lore Master: Gain a compendium bestiary of monsters (meta added in on the Bestiary titanpad) and places of note in Overcity (added in the appropriate Gdoc).
32. The old patron perk is archaic, it is now a choice rather than a perk in the CYOA. Should probably replace it with enhanced patron/puchuu connection.
33. Bully: You are a bully. Whether physical or psychological, friendly or serious, you like to bully other mahous, and you're proud of it. Once per encounter: you may take a free action to force an ally to lose 2 dice from a roll in order to gain 2 for one of your own. +1 STR
34. Tinfoil Hat: You gain a stylish hat made of tinfoil that protects you from psychic attacks, mind control and the NWO! +1 soak, and roll +1 defensive die against Psychic specialisation attacks. +2 dice for resisting the Coercion perk.
35. Nerd: You are a nerd. Your mahou is unusually smart and tends to get bullied for it. However, you have an innate understanding of many things, mundane and magical! You may ask your GM if you know anything unusual about the topic in question. +5 to perception? Also, +1 MAG
36 Copypasta - Clone an object for like once per day permanently or as many as you want for one day +1 Magic

37: Living Weapon: Your weapon(s) is animate, aware, alive after a fashion. It cannot be killed. It cannot be targeted by anything that wouldn't normally target a magical girl's weapon. It can communicate with you and interact with the world. Optionally it may have very limited TK or be able to assume a human(or close to) form. A staff might become a terse elven man in mage robes. A sword could become slight girl with steel colored skin or hair. +1 to a stat the weapon gives. +1 to a single defense once per combat as the weapon exerts it's power for your well being.

Spirit Thief (1 MAG) - Drain 1 mana from enemies when you defeat them with a spell or weapon attack.

Fated Allies (1 LCK) - You bond profoundly with megucas that share your cause. You may choose to transfer 1 Fortune Point to your target when you perform the Aid action.

Spell Minion - When you cast a single-target 1 or 2 mana spell, you may instead choose to create a Spell Minion. This little creature is a physical embodiment of that spell. It will follow you around and, when ordered, run to a target and sacrifice itself to cast its spell. You may only have one Spell Minion at a time and your maximum mana is reduced by its associated cost.

Dream Battle(1 MAG/LCK/VIT) - You can make the battlefield around you slightly more dreamy. Maybe the sky now has a single star shining above it, maybe a vortex. Or maybe its just a strange feeling people in the fight get. Whatever it is, it only seems to be seen by the people in the fight.
-Oh and, note this doesn't have to be a "dream" specifically. It could simply be a difference or illusion that you invoke or something. Does anyone have a idea on what to add to this one? I might need some crunch bonus.

Heroic Spirit(1 VIT/STR/AGI) - When necessary, you can exert yourself and draw out your inner power, in the name of heroism! Once per fight, you may choose to make an action with no penalty from wound thresholds.

Channel Fate (1 LCK/MAG) - When you cast a spell, you may spend 1 Fortune Point to reduce the mana cost by 2.

Aura(1 MAG/LCK) - Your character has a aura representing her true being around her when activated. This aura can be used to show your true colors. Like a white, calm light for good people, or a strong, divine aura for lawful people, or a black, oppressive aura for evil people.

Why on earth post all that? Just link to the titanpad if you're just gonna copy-paste a wall. The last thing we need is a thread full of everyone talking about a million different perks.

Always relevant

youtube.com/watch?v=nlwGidpoONM

>1
>give up a perk slot for
>"a minor, onetime wish"
And it's OOC.

>2
Has potential, though the crunch needs to be hammered out.

>3
This needs some serious thinking. There's nothing wrong with a conditional decent bonus, but this might be way too hard to activate.

>4
Roll it into Enhanced Transformation.

>5
As said already, ANOTHER Flight perk.

>6
This is silly, but it's usable. It might be a niche use.
I remember Lull in Golden Sun for a reason.

>7
Yes.
Give it a stat point though.

>8
Silly, niche use. Needs just a little more.

>9
Needs some kind of crunch.
Free Aid action 1/fight?

>10
As said, just refluff Ally.

>11
Needs some fluff.

>12
Cute, but do-nothing.
Maybe AT LEAST bring people with you.

>13
Bad Snapshot.
>not 2/day

>14
Would need a stat point. You can also do this by just taking notes/logs OOC.

>15
We've sort of got this in Training now. Though that doesn't make you famous, nor give you a true stat point.

>16
Cute, useful. While we might supposedly have cell phones, nobody uses them and a bunch of people aren't from places that they would have one.

>17
Needs crunch.
And specifics. Where do you get these horoscopes?

>18
kek.

>19
But what does it do?

>20
The you-get-an-apartment perk does this.

>21
Or you could buy a, you know, normal notebook.
Or have Hammerspace.

>22
Sure.
Lewd.

>23
Monstergirl perk. That doesn't stop duplicates between the perk lists anyway.
When have you ever seen a magical girl with this ability?

>24
But what does it do?

>25
This is a bit troubling.
A little bit of a "I don't know how characters work yet, so I'm going to take this and salvage my character once I know how the game works."

>26
'They killed Kenny' the perk.
That's not a good thing.

Why are you the only one allowed to cherry pick the perks you want? You also failed to source them.

>27
Does nothing. Especially since it doesn't specify you ARRIVE there on time.

>28
Why not.

>29
As an action, transform your bikini into an army uniform.

>30
Isn't this sort of the Uniform enhancement?

>31
>you may read the bestiary
>FTFY

>33
1/fight: reverse Aid an ally.

>34
Really, REALLY niche.

>35
Training again?

>36
Hammerspace roll-in?

>37
That weird halfway point between potentially another Gifted and >tfw you don't want to rp your ally

>thief
Gain 1 mana on kills? Needs to be better.

>fated
Is this really not a perk already?

>minion
Sure? MonG perk?

>dream
Does nothing.
Make it Trick Room (invert initiative order).

>spirit
Not personally sure how good this is.

>channel
Would need to be monitored.

>aura
MonG perk.
Actually, like, two MonG perks: aura and inhuman appearance.

Straw man. If you want to cherry pick some, by all means do it. Listing them all is just making the thread into a clusterfuck.

>Implying the thread isn't one already

>Wish
Power-tier unless it's a one-shot use, which is probably worthless.
>Fashionista
Just buff Eternal Style.
>Senshi
Power of Friendship exists.
>Lolichop
Okay, this one's good, but it needs polishing.
>Pretty Parasol
It's just shittier Wings.
>Portable Tea Party
Neat, but don't force people to participate.
>Nest Egg
Interesting concept, but I feel like this is better as a campaign kickstarter, not as a character-specific perk.
>Subscribed
Liked and Commented.
>Pocket Full of Sunshine
Neat.
>Soulmates
I feel like this is just an excuse to get people to ERP.
>Ctrl-Z
Neat, but easily exploited. Great for LUK-centric builds and okay for everyone else. Coin to it always.
>Foreverending Story
It's just Interdimensional Home reskinned.
>Broken Clock
It's Snapshots but on an RNG.
>Idol
Cool beans.
>Lockety Walkie Talkies
The description devalues it.
>Starcrossed
"Yeah today my horoscope says I surmount every challenge I come across so I can't lose!"
>Sleight of Hand
A+ Design. Give this one a medal.
>Mobius Loop
??????
>Hearthstone
I too play HotS.
>Notable Notebook
Time to make that paperwork mahou I've been working on the back burner and use it with this for UNLIMITED PAPER WORKS.
>Super Scope
Good stuff, but doesn't divine artifact already technically do this, as well as the Scrying power?
>Phasing
Power-tier.
>Figure of Myth
Neat. As a twist, you actually COULD be a figure of myth.
>Reincarnation
Inherent mechanic to the fluff. Doesn't need to be a perk.
>Resurrection
NOW we're cooking.
>Transit
???
>Rival, Tailor-Made, Shield
Good shit.
>Lore Master
Makes Snapshots useless.
>Bully, Nerd
>Forcing people to make specific RP decisions or use up coins to change it.
No, bad.
>Tinfoil Hat
Counters a specific spec because.
>Copypasta
Power-tier.
>Living Weapon
Power-tier.
>Spirit Theft,Fated Allies
Good.
>Spell Minion
Creates too many spell dynamics and also invalidates Beast spec even harder.

Tea Party/Ceasefire should happen.

Rival is what Sahara wanted.

...Even assuming that's true, your point?