/swg/ - Tarkin Doctrine Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Daily Reminder that it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness, and exploit it.

Same here. On the one hand, I feel like my Star Viper is missing something. On the other, they are a bitch and a half to put down. I'm positive the dodge dice favor Star Vipers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aLia-XpL7X4
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!t!63:146,-1,-1,51,85:12:22:&sn=Unnamed Squadron
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Petition_of_2000
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!163:18,-1:27:15:;187:152,153:-1:-1:;70:27,23,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Crazy 8's
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Removing hippies like its cool since 18BBY!

I think this is my favorite Star Destroyer picture, hands down, what I'm posting now.

Remember the good old days when only Vicstars were rated for atmosphere and Impstars had to stay in orbit?

Yeah, nothing put the fear of god into PC's more than a Victory in orbit... and all those conc tubes, big fuck off, level a city concussion missiles

Is there a program for making custom X-Wing maneuver dials?

I need this for reasons.

Just finished up Rebels. Pretty damn good, can't wait for season 3. Could have done without the helicopters but meh. Also was that Kreia who was speaking through the Sith Holocron because it sounded like her.

It was kind of arbitary anyways

Having a destroyer hover so low is visually imposing

Is it possible to introduce a lightsaber into a EotE group without it totally changing the game? I get that I can gate its use with the way the Empire hunts jedi but I feel like once its i basically cant have locked doors in my campaign. Not to mention how strong they are im combat.

I'm not too lore savvy, but what are the chances of a lightsaber's power source running out? Or maybe it's damaged in a very small but functionally crucial way that limits it's use.

I'm sure its possible. There is a premade eote adventure that involves an ex-Jedi with a faulty saber.

Fluff wise I am sure there are plenty of ways to gimp it but I am scared of the crunch more than the fluff. Like a party with a light saber has a easy to hide breaching tool as well as a top tier weapon

SCAR troopers are cool.

Either make it faulty, or don't introduce it at all. Make sure they understand that it's incredibly limited at what it can do, and if they over-step its durability, they've not only lost a saber, but they've also permanently attracted the attention of the Empire for using one in the first place.

There's a scene final episode of season two in the new Rebels Series where, somebody turns on an old crossguard saber and it runs out of energy after a few seconds like a flashlight with empty batteries.

That is now official canon in the Disney continuity.

What's a good way of bleeding the PCs of credits a little bit? I'm gm in a pre clone wars edge game. I already thought of forcing ship repairs and supplies through pests (like Gizka) but what other methods work well?

Rebels also has helicopter sabers though

I love Star Destroyers hanging in the air in the exact same way that bricks don't.

Yep.

The tradition of adding goofy bullshit into Star Wars is alive and well.

>though
Well...those are canon now too.

I mean if I hadn't been a kid when I saw an Ewok for the first time I'd probably think they are just as silly as copter sabers.

I wonder what the inquisitors' reactions were when they found out their sabers could do that, and how many training accidents occurred as a result.

Surely it has a repulsarlift built in or something. If they spun fast enough to fly would the inquis be pulled forward whenever he turned it on.

>If they spun fast enough to fly would the inquis be pulled forward whenever he turned it on
>Inquisitors zipping around all the long hallways in the start destroyer like this
>Storm troopers hiding in alcoves to avoid being diced up, while placing bets on what will happen if the inquisitor trips

Dunno much about her, never played TOR
Still, Thrawn made comeback of the year, so up to anyone's guess what Filoni is up to and anything is possible really. Disney technically owns all that stuff so they can throw in characters they want.

For anyone that watches Rebels and needs context on the webm, this scene happened on Malachor in the old canon.

Kreia was in Kotor 2, TOR is the MMO.

A lot of people, myself included, want the Sith entity to be Kreia, but it just doesn't seem like it's gonna happen. Everyone was expecting a Revan shoutout in the S2 finale, but it never happened.

Yes. StrangeEon has that functionality.

Have a local Hutt demand protection money. "Nice ship you got here, shame if anything happened to it..."

>Race of alien bears in a galaxy with tons of species
>Weapon with no mass that flies and stabilizes with the power of bullshit

Nah I think they are still very different tiers

If you do introduce a lightsaber, be sure to give it a very basic crystal, like the default sabers in the F&D book. 6 damage, not 10, crit 2, not crit 1. The version in the EOTE book has basically the most powerful lightsaber crystal.

did kreia get fugged against her will by sion? "indignities" is very vague

Knowing Avellone, he probably intended to mean it as such. The guy fucking loves rape. I prefer to think that the "indignities" really were just mere "indignities" and Sion enjoys mildly inconveniencing the old bat.

Which book are those in? Didn't one of them have rules for building a lightsaber/the quest for building it?

she's too proud to say she was humiliated.

I think you could definitely read it like that, but at the same time being cast aside and left for dead would work too. Kreia hates everyone who gets in the way of her schemes so being defeated and broken by her former "allies" would be shame enough

Help me swg, you're my only hope.

i need to write a cadence for the stormtrooper academy. A cadence is basically a march song that drill instructors make recruits sing. Ive got two verses so far, but not sure how to link them.

"Hey momma, hey momma cant you see,
What the trooper corps has done to me;
Took my hair and they took my name,
In our shiney white armor we're all the same!

1 2 3 4 i love the trooper corps
Your corps
My corps
THE Corps
Trooper corps!"

If anyone has some funny cadences i would appreciate it

As a side note, each line is sung first by the instructor, then by the recruits in unison. So each line would be sung twice

If it helps, Generation Kill is a goldmine for military sing-along material.

Thanks!

Who else here has a hard-on for the Naboo Starfighter?

Instead you went with blindly accepting both :^)

Also friendly reminder that the Tarkin doctrine isn't canon anymore. OH BOOY

I don't mind the ship itself, totally would be down with it in X-Wing if done properly. It just has an association with the prequels, so I have a subconscious aversion to it.

Meh... My biggest gripe about them is how the Astromech has to decapitate himself just to fucking fit.

>Naboo Starfighter
>Decapitated astromech
The N-1 had a full-sized astromech port. You're thinking of the Eta-2 and Delta-7.

According to Wookiepedia the Tarkin doctrine is Canon, but was presented in an interview in Luceno's "Tarkin" instead of being a private letter.

LOOOOOVING YOU IS EASY CAUSE YOUR BEAUTIFUL

youtube.com/watch?v=aLia-XpL7X4

Ever ran any campaigns where the Republic is nonexistant or extremely weak, basicly reduce to the core? I'm wondering about what areas of space would develop as regional powerhouses in such a galaxy. Tapani sector/Empire seems reasonable, and ofcourse there's Hutt Space. But what else?

>muh "Republic is weak" meme
>muh "Imperials are superior" meme
Stop that.

Stop projecting and learn to read you little baiting retard.

No, I'm thinking of the fact that an R2 (or any astromech for that matter) physically cannot fit in the N1 astro-slot without detaching it's head and extending it. The little tube the astro-head sticks out of in the back is barely larger than the diameter of the astro's head.

Once you notice that, you can't ever unsee it again.

Are you familiar with real-world politics at all? If a governmebt is extremely weak or non-existent, it forms a power vacuum that is quickly filled. Either through a junta, martial law (military takeover), or flat out invasion by a foreign power.

Well, damn, you're right. Fuck, I need to get my eyes checked.

Set it in post-Legacy or after a more devastating Galactic Civil War so you can have an Imperial Remnant or two.

Speaking of Naboo ships, anyone here played Star Wars Starfighter? It's basically Fast and Furious in space.

Nym = Dom
Rhys = Brian
Vana Sage = Letti
Retti = Roman

Let's hope he doesn't fuck up Thrawn like he fucked up everything in Clone Wars, though he's been alright with Rebels so far.

Chiss Ascendancy moves in.

Exactly, which is what is being discussed as to the various regional galactic powers that could fill the void. I mean, in one era we have jedi kings and barons ruling their own systems, battling Sith and maybe one another. Sounds like a pretty decent Crusader Kings mod. JEDI KINGS
>Casus Belli: Holy War against Sith

The problem is that if the Republic is that weak, then it would suffer a "Rome collapse". Basically it's sphere of influence would only be maintained through military presence, and likely would shrink back down to the surrounding systems (if that). With luck, it wouldn't fall apart completely, and would hold at a small empire size.

That is of course assuming it ever was a galaxy-spanning size to begin with. What is more likely is that it never got that big, and instead a very crusader-kings, or "4-X game" situation takes place (e.g. Twilight Imperium), where the Republic is just another fish in a very big pond full of smaller galactic governments.

Who were the first non-CIS group the Empire antagonized? Asides from the Jedi, obviously.

non-binary people.

but in seriousness, the empire was shit. they antagonized all alien species. there isn't really a "first".

I have a team epic game coming up tommorow and I really want to make use of my underused GR-75. We have a limit of 300 point between teams to be distributed as teams see fit.

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!t!63:146,-1,-1,51,85:12:22:&sn=Unnamed Squadron

Does this build look good? Anything essential missing?

Difficult to say since Palpatine made a very good job of dividing the galaxy into the Republic against the Separatist, in order to absorb as much as possible of the galaxy directly into his rule afterwards. The answer is probably people like starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Petition_of_2000
And since those people represented members of the Republic/the soon to be Empire, the answer is probably worlds like Chandrila

Evening /swg/, I'm planning an adventure for my EotE crew, and would like some feedback on the rought outline of it.

This is set in the period between the end of the Clone Wars and the formal Rebellion starting up. The crew, after helping carry an archaeologist and his 'finds' back to the planet Drall, get roped into helping on his next expedition, the hunt for a lost colony-world of the Frozians (who, due to the Empire base-delta-zeroing their homeworld and their particular biology, can no longer breed and are dying out).

The crew will have to 'obtain' two ancient crystals, encoded with the data needed to locate the colony; one is being auctioned on Corellia, the other in the posession of a Den-Queen on Selonia. All the while, they are being pursued by CorSec (the archaeologist is dodgy), a bounty hunter (the 'finds' were stolen from a Hutt's private collection), a criminal gang (the archaeologist swindled them), and potentially an ambitious Imperial commander (if he gets word that someone is seeking to help the Frozians survive, he may attempt to intervene and ensure their eventual extinction).

Of course, there will be ulterior motives in play.

Will this be too complicated? I'm attempting to channel the Han Solo/Lando Calrissian adventure books (hell, the entire reason they'll be visiting a Selonian den is pic related).

Hello there Veeky Forums, I have a quick question that needs answering before I plan my eventual financial demise into X-Wing. How many points do people usually play with? Is it random, or do people have a general point limit that is mostly shared with other places? Also tournament point limits?

100 is the standard pretty much everywhere.

That looks pretty solid. I mostly run a support hoagie, but the times I've run the jambox have been fun. Find a Phantom and troll it.

Rodians and Wookies were two of the first races to be targetet in Legends. Nucannon i have no fukkin' clue about

I'd say that depends entirely on your group. It sounds like great fun, but I can also see it being a bit much for some.

100 points is a standard game. 300 points for Epic.
The sky's the limit when you play with friends.

The closest is what im running now, where its New Republic vs Empire.

the new republic is largely a voluntary union like the EU, but major political obstacles paralyze them in a lot of ways (many members take advantage of the Collective Defense doctrine by offering only token support while recieving an umbrella of security) and some members want it to be very weak in structure (bothans want everyone else to fuck off and stay out of their affairs, for example).

At the same time, the imperial power vaccuum and republics weakness has allowed the hutts to rule their space, corporate sector has become a Randian capitalist "utopia", and many solar systems have gone fiefdom or warlord.

In contrast the Empire (led by Emperor Thrawn) sees itself as the last bastion of stability in a galaxy now burning between the civil war, warlordism, and banditry. Its very much like feudal japan or warlordism in China. Under thrawn the xenophobia has been reigned in (somewhat) and in contrast to the slow, ambivalent republic offers security and stability in a way that isnt just "nazi germany SS kicking in your door at 4am".

You have to ensure the players see the full spectrum. Earlier the players saw a republic station where food rationing nearly caused a riot (due to a shortage as shipments are relocated to the front or lost) and they will also see places like Corellia where things are good.

in contrast the empire ranges from places like modern Hong Kong or NYC (shiney, fairly free, pretty safe) to occupied places straight out of Half Life 2 (i even made Civil Protection a thing).

And that doesnt cover the various vassals and other states. Just emphasize that its not just "Republic vs empty space"

As the others have mentioned, 100 is the standard, and then it goes up in increments of 100. I run a lot of demo/learning games with my friends, so I often run 75 point games so they can have more than one ship, but don't get overwhelmed either.

Speaking of X-wing point levels, what would you say is a good, comfortable level for a small game? I'm thinking 60 points gives you enough points to vary your lists while still being significantly smaller than a regular game.

Tell me more user. How did thrawn end up emperor? How did he survive Bilbringi? Or did the timeline diverge before that.

Any distinction between Thrawnr's Empire and the deep core warlords?

And ofcourse, what's the role of the players in all this?

I'd totally wear an TIE pilot helmet when playing.

PropStore has one going for auction in London in September. One of 13 TIE pilot helmets ever made for the original trilogy and two were converted into AT-AT helmets.
Don't have the 60k+ it's expected to go for.

>Emperor Thrawn
But Thrawn sucks. He's just a Mary Sue.

Reminds me of a 700 point game I played a while back.

This shot is from turn 2

Fuck, there's no way a game that size can actually be fun to play. Why do people go through with such clusterfucks?

It was actually pretty great. We had three players per side to make things go faster and set aside a whole evening to play it out.

How would a NR-Hutt war in say 20ABY go (assuming no lolvong)? Say that the NR, after the war with the empire was over, decided "fuck this, we're a gonna abolish slavery by blowing every slaver the fuck up". How would this go?

Weren't the Rodians on good terms with the Empire? They liked having a hunter culture on call.

>I'm attempting to channel the Han Solo/Lando Calrissian adventure books (hell, the entire reason they'll be visiting a Selonian den is pic related).

You. I like you.

The CorSec investigator should beHal Horn

>not wearing appropriate attire when commanding squadrons

what can the rebels wear other than the shitty rebel pilot helmet?

>Plays scum

Well, I guess I do have this T-shirt with the galaxys most feared bounty hunter. Wrong galaxy though.

The Rebs did have some spiffy, sporty jackets.

could always wear a scum helmet

I could always just wrap a white towel around my head and pretend to be Dengar.

>Not using toilet paper

Hey, looking for books, novels, anything that touches on jedi training. Characters who improve on their own or go through the classical trials, anything goes!

Literally the Jedi Apprentice series. Also Young Jedi Knights, and if you feel like reading lousy shit, the Jedi Academy Trilogy

I, Jedi.

I plan on grabbing imperial vets when my paycheck from my new job comes through.
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!163:18,-1:27:15:;187:152,153:-1:-1:;70:27,23,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Crazy 8's
Ive done well with this list and just dont know much about the new expansion

I might just do that. Especially seeing as one of the party is a former padawan herself

Look up buddist rituals. Does anyone have that webm where they demolish a colored-sand mandala to teach the impermanent nature of all things?

It gives your defenders a ton of new options, plus the criminally underrated bombers.

Drop Vessery's HLC and with the new D title he can take a tractor beam and fire both, preferably before the Inquisitor and omega leader teae them apart. Plus you save 6 points, so proton rockets and a stealth device.

huh ok. I will have to look at everything that comes with it

An user in the previous thread said that FFG is aware that the Scyk in it's current form is kinda shit, and wants to fix it. If they were to do so with a s&v double pack a la Rebel Aces or imperial Veterans, what ship would you like to see it paired with?

I would like to see more of the Kihraxz Fighter. Its just underwhelming.

Scyk and Khirax ace pack. Call it "Least Wanted"

Well, logically it would be with the StarViper, the other scum ship they know is a little fixable.

kek

Starviper, although I don't think it needs all that much.

If the "leaked Italian Excel Screenshot" proves at all valid, and a Starviper + HUGE is on the way, the I'd change my answer to Kihrax as well.