Veeky Forums rules changes? Whats going on?

Serious question.

Are we not allowed to discuss certain aspects of traditional games anymore?

>thread about exclusive use of "she" in rpg books, and the objection of writers pushing their politics into their game materials.
>interesting topic, warranting more evaluation and discussion.
>100% about traditional games. Seems really on topic.
>One person mentions being trans and someone else acts like a cunty bigot towards them.
>thread deleted.

No global rules broken, on-topic for Veeky Forums, so I'm really confused.

To be clear, I'm not salty about it.

Is there a list of Veeky Forums topics we're not allowed to discuss or something?

Do on-topic threads get deleted if someone comes in and acts like a dick, like at EN World?

If there is a list of topics i need to avoid, can someone point me to it so i don't waste my time trying to talk about something that will just get deleted?

I know exactly what you mean, I made a Halflings and Hotpockets 2E thread yesterday and it got pruned within twenty minutes

I keep all of my games free from social justice, magical kingdoms, and unrelated fandoms.

The discussion was about whether it's appropriate to publish a game with social justice politics printed inside the book.

Its if for some reason you want to find it on 4plebs and read it.

But that's really not the point. Are we not allowed to discuss publishers pushing real world political views at the readers in their games?

Was there some other obvious reason for the threads deletion?

People get mad on tg all the time. So it cant just be threads someone might get angry in. I mean actual bait threads show up regularly where no actual discussion happens.

Tl;dr: i some there's some sort of rules that say what gets pruned - how do i discuss tg stuff and not be pruned?

So your asinine /pol/ garbage got deleted? Good.

And now you're making a meta thread to whine abouit it? That's just poor form.

I assume*

Wasnt my thread. Just a thread i was interested in.

In what way is discussing what ttrpg devs do, /pol/ garbage?

Meta thread to whine?

No user.

On topjc thread. Deleted seemingly at random. Look at rules, no rules broken. Trying to make sense of it. Ask if there is a second set of guidelines that result in threads getting deleted.

Oh.

And then you come in and act like there is an obvious explanation to why it got deleted without explaining.

Or maybe you just want it deleted because its not a thread you would have participated in. I'm not really sure.

So far you've just randomly shitposted some crap to try to change the topic, like this is /b/.

So, is there a secondary set of guidelines I should know about to know what not to discuss here?

It is just as on topic as a rant about why you would want to shoot everyone in the face who wears green shirts while playing Veeky Forums. Meaning not at all.

>talking about the content of tg projects isnt on topic in tg at all!

>Are we not allowed to discuss publishers pushing real world political views at the readers in their games?
So let's talk about MYFAROG

I am okay with that as a topic of discussion. Personally i can't speak to the contents. Couldn't get through a single page of fucking papyrus.

I guess our mod is easily offended/triggered by everything that doesn't fit his political or whatever view.

I hear the writer is a bigoted dirtbag murderer. What did he put in the actual rpg?

Maybe. I didnt want to assume that was the case and figured i must be missing a rule of some kind.

The solution to your type of ignorance is and always will be to lurk more, which is the exact opposite of what you actually did by making a shitty meta thread.

>>thread about exclusive use of "she" in rpg books, and the objection of writers pushing their politics into their game materials.

I saw a big argument about that in one thread recently, I think it was a thread about things which immediately worry people about a system.

Then that same topic shows up again, this time in its own thread.

If it was the same person starting the discussion both times, both in the same way (complaining about the use of 'she' in examples and insisting that 'he' is the correct pronoun to use), then it's clear that the person is pretending to ignore the first thread.

If I had someone who kept starting the same argument while pretending that the previous time didn't happen, I'd get annoyed.

Ive been on tg regularly since 2008. Lurking moar wouldnt answer fuck-all.

Huh. Maybe he thought there was more to discuss.

I didn't want to make a whole thread, so I asked in a quest thread why quests were still allowed here when they had their own board now.
My post was deleted, I was given a warning, and I never got an answer to my question.

WOD discussions illegal forever due to politics. You read it here first.

>Are we not allowed to discuss certain aspects of traditional games anymore?
Sure we are. We're just not allowed to disagree with those who do it for free.

>Is there a list of Veeky Forums topics we're not allowed to discuss or something?
This is disingenuous and you know it. Exploiting the letter of the word is how you get furries and FiMfags constantly skirt the rules while feigning innocence.

We don't need even more bait.

Get out.

>I didn't want to make a whole thread, so I asked in a quest thread why quests were still allowed here when they had their own board now.
You're a passive aggressive dickhole. KYS.

You're still not answering my question. I thought the entire point of the quest board was to get quests off of Veeky Forums. If not that, then what's the point?

Not OP, but YOU'RE disingenuous and you know it. Both furry and MLP shit is downright forbidden and a bannable offense outside of their designated boards and /b/. Just like checking these sweet digits is only allowed on /b/ and /s4s/, but to be fair that never stopped anyone from checking 'em.

>You're still not answering my question. I thought the entire point of the quest board was to get quests off of Veeky Forums. If not that, then what's the point?
It's not.
You thought wrong.

I'd wondered this myself, but decided against asking. I figured they would assume I was being accusing about it instead of curious, looks like a pretty good assumption.

>Not OP, but YOU'RE disingenuous and you know it. Both furry and MLP shit is downright forbidden and a bannable offense outside of their designated boards and /b/. Just like checking these sweet digits is only allowed on /b/ and /s4s/, but to be fair that never stopped anyone from checking 'em.
Epic. :)
I'm sure you'll make a great lawyer one day. :)

Sounds logic.

Hard to tell. If the thread deluted in the end, as a mod i would guess its just shitposting too.

Its a trial board. So its not fully enforced.
Dont ask me when its a full board, guess when the sticky vanishes.

It was a lameass bitchery thread. Nothing of value.

'No politics' is a retard statement because literally everything you can possibly write and do is political.

It will never be a full board because it's terrible.

moderation on virtually every board i frequent has turned to shit of late, because the only people who want to mod are the kind of people who revel in being petty tyrants, and who have lots of time on their hands

combine that with the general grognardiness of fa/tg/uys and you can see the problem

I got a warning and posts deleted for calling a long winded drunk a cuck.

I think that's pretty much a sign sadly enough.

What is wrong with you?

Those are clearly different posters, user.

This is such a stupid bitchfest.

She pronouns in rpg books date back to the 90s. Average ttrpg players experience a near 50\50 split (op of that thread admitted to being a virgin and was clearly a sperglord besides).

wow, it's like the real world

I wouldn't go that far.

As for the recent moderation being shit , I can only point to a single example this far that didn't make much sense.

I have a hard time understanding why anybody would want that job though, particularly unpaid.

Moderating a Veeky Forums board, even one of the better ones like tg, doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.

It isn't social justice related.

To answer OP's line of questioning most directly:
Badmin is prune happy. We can't have fucking write threads anymore because they "belong in ." If he senses lewd he will axe, but generally doesn't axe over gender politics. Honestly it's odd behaviour for him.

I've also experienced a 50/50 split in players. That doesn't make me think exclusive use of "she" in books is a good idea. It's a divisive and dismissive political statement.
... And now I'm back into it again.

Point is there was more than just me and the sperglord virgin op who think it is a bad idea. He's not just crazy. I've heard this a few months back from someone else who brought out up here in tg. which is why i was confused at the sudden deletion.

Though he's, it has been around since the 90s. But it hasn't gone away, or anything, and people still have opinions on it happening.

Like any other topic on tg that doesn't fizzle or with no replies, or immediately result in namecalling and shit-throwing, like the DW shill who gets real mad in every second thread i look at lately.

I have the feeling the moderation on Veeky Forums and several other boards are easy going than before the mod change.
Half a year ago, there were mods that were more rigid and nazi than now.

>Prune happy
>this example is is behavior compared to usual.
Ah. Maybe it was a mistake then. Who knows.