>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Did Worm post that thing with S&S that he talked about yet? I've missed a couple of threads.

He is working on updates for two jumps so it might take a while.

I thought it was only gonna be a post?

Was it? It thought it was going to be a significant bit of background info for the setting added to the jump.

It might have escalated in the interim.

>I think this should be it
The cost, for normal student, make it zero like the others. You currently are charging for that origin only, and also charging for a mandatory race for that origin.

>how does the "can't be used to track you" thing work with the Ominous Clouds perk?
I assume because weather is way larger then people.
Like if you were were Dracula in London, and brought Ominous Weather with you, you can see miles in each direction, so if you were savvy and trying to track him by the weather, all it would get you is, "Someone Big & Bad is somewhere in/near London."

Jumpers, what do you sleep on!

A bed.

A waifu.

Dreams.

Sleep?

My waifus fluffy tails.

Between a Zentradi's breasts.

How dangerous/powerful is Light Bringer?

There are energy beings fucking everywhere and psychic gods comparable to level 5 espers who insist on being worshiped and being assholes.

That's pretty much how I'm going to run with it now that the maker's given permission to toggle the untrackability, but in the jump/setting it's just arbitrary - wuxia means not having to explain shit, just like magic, go figure?

user, that's Lord of Light. For that matter, Lord of Light psychic bullshit isn't even close to level 5 esper bullshit.

They are a lot more creative and exploitative of their powers than most LVL 5s, also Accelerator is not a good bench mark for level 5s.

Lord of Light is not Light Bringer.

Oops, I am apparently way to tired to be on the internet.

They still aren't level 5 in scale. They're more comparable to level 4, maybe even just level 3, with significantly more practice or skill.

Considering that a great chunk of my powers come from dreams and imagination, I don't really sleep, but I spend a lot of time in dreams and with sleepy people.

How powerful exactly are Marids from Bartimaeus Sequence?

By the setting's standards, very.

But is kind of hard to say exactly how strong since most of the books focus on a djinn, any Marid would kill a djinn rather casually if that helps.

Djinns for reference are known to throw lots of fairly large fireballs at their problems until said problems stop breathing.

Since it was made by Ninja user, you might be better off looking it up yourself, or just assuming Naruto level bullshit.

Bed For Two, from Symphogear. It's hooked up to an alarm system that dumps you out every 8 hours. Without the system in place there is a significant danger that space-warping and a lot of companions will lead to a motivational crisis where you never want to leave the bed.
But really I don't need to sleep, or I can send my quantum brain copy to sleep for prophetic dreams/inspirational dreams/collective subconscious exploration/etc. while my other brain stays awake. Actually it seems I have a lot of sleep/dream related perks. Hmm.

Not but was it ever clarified what rank up actually did? Because if it does what it implies a jumper can become a greater spirit more or less for like 500cp. Seems a bit broken considering Marids are like city busters, or was it continent, and Greater spirits are to a Marid what a Marid is to Djinn. I may be wrong on that last part but it's close to that disparity.

A pile of Companions.

Hey, for the Legend of Mana jump, I assume that you can make the golems look like whatever you want? Or do they always look like the ones from the game?

I believe you would just be such a powerful marid that most people would assume you to be a Greater Spirit out of ignorance as to what a Greater Spirit really is/is capable of.

I'm aware, I said more or less after all. Still it does seem a bit broken to give that amount of power for 500cp.

100cp perk wording to show what I meant;
>Marid...well, you may be the closest to being a Greater Spirit anyone has gotten.

Keep in mind there really is no progression for spirits, if you couldn't start out powerful you would never be powerful.

Ah ok, never read the books so didn't know that. Could a jumper somehow progress though? Like through spiritual perks, and perhaps even that NGE perk that links the 3 aspects of yourself together. Or is it literally impossible for a spirit to progress?

From what I recall Marid covers a vast range of power, it pretty much refers to spirits at the upper end of what humans can summon without resorting to exotic means. But as far as their actual power the only one in the trilogy was noted to be particularly strong, and he wasn't exactly going around blowing up buildings. That one was defeated by the release of the power in the Staff of Gladstone, which also caused a collapse of the building(rather than blowing the building away) they were in. That building though we may have a good idea of the nature of, as it was a reference to the crystal palace and the 1851 world's fair. So I would say, that Marids are under what it takes to blow away the crystal palace(as the staff exploding contained three), because the iron structure was still covering the ruins afterwards.

The power from that setting won't grow. You can grow in other respects because you could grow that power anyway, but that in setting, no, they can't grow at all.

Any real answers to this?

You got your answer, look it up yourself, or assume Naruto power-levels.

With the right perks a jumper might find a way but I don't know how.

Also Marids aren't city busters, the Staff of Gladstone powered by the equivalent of two of Marids and built by one of the greatest Magicians ever was a city buster. As with most Magic items it was a very efficient device that was very cruel to the spirits fueling it.

As such it might be stretching it a bit to say that a jumper with those perks can match those feats.

Ah ok, with what you've said I do agree now it might be pushing it to be at city buster level. Although was it ever stated how strong those Marids were? Cause if they were 2 lower level Marids a jumper would most likely be stronger than them with the free perk and rank up x2. I know nothing of the setting so do correct me if I'm wrong on any account.

Its basically medieval tech level with lantern rings thrown in, each color does something different. Problem is you have color gods that warp reality by existing so watch out for that, also anyone can become one of these mad gods if they use too much magic and one does not already exist from the color they use, theres a war going on and lots of color wizards are running around and guns are also a thing but mainly flintlocks.

It is roughly medium tier damage other than the color gods, you can kill them though if you try hard enough. They are not immortal.

To add becoming a color god is a very very bad thing, and even over using the magic is very bad. Too much use basically drives you stark raving bonkers as your color concsumes you. On the plus side it is possible to replace your body with nothing but color magic, but doing so is bad for your mental health.

Replace your body with nothing but color magic? That sounds interesting...

How would you do that? And what's it do?

But doesn't Light Spliter save you from that problem of overuse?

I forgot there is a problem with the prism, if you allow him to get stabbed with the blinding knife he will not be able to kill off color gods, that is his job usually. Keep that fr happening and things will be much smoother, also help him build that bigass wall he works on of yellow luxin and you will solve SO MUCH HASSLE.

Light splitter should, it is canonically the only way a person does not have to worry about it.

Some drafters go crazy and slowly replace bits of their bodies with their colors, on of the bbegs is a person who can use multiple colors and has replaced every part of his body with woven color magic over a long period of time leaving only his head. Hes a nutty fruitball of evil but it seems simple enough to do. Basically magic color cyborg.

Would Light Splitters still need to worry about becoming a color god?

Not usually, it isnt easy to become one. Usually they either form of a color naturally or a crazy person who overused their magic goes off and completely replaces their body with it all of a single color and then something vague and mysterious happens and they turn into one, the balance of magic needs to be out of qhack too. Like if too many red drafters are using power then you need to balance it out with blues, or a buildup of res magic will cause the red one to form.

Best answer

Between Dark Sun and Travelers Gate, which one is more dangerous?

Best answer would be between her thighs user.

Dark sun. No contest. Travelers gate is dangerous but you can avoid a lot of the trouble by living in your territory, well living in one of the territories, some of them are not nice places.

Not really answering the question, but what's with all the people asking/talking about Dark Sun recently?

Bigass wall?

Cool, magic color cyborg sounds weird and fun.

Anyway, since you seem to actually know stuff about this place... Would it be possible to create new forms of color magic, if you brought new colors in? Like if you brought in Impossible Dye from Lovecraft, neathy colors from Fallen London, or especially Octarine (the eight color, of magic) from Discworld?

It has a few powergrabby options in it, everyone likes powergrabby options.

Don't forget the marid was hindered by the silver in that building, which burns spirits like garlic burns vampires.

The prism makes what amounts to the great wall of china made of magic, but never finishes. He was on the last part too.

And about making new colors... I have no idea, color magic was developed and brought to the country from some conquerong empire long ago and replaced the native magic of making cards that could hold memories or tell the future. I guess it might be possible but I didnt make the jump so I cannot say.

What "powergrabby" options? I just remember some standard D&D stuff.

And I don't think that's entirely accurate. Thread roasted blackshadowwhathisface, the same guy who mde Bartimaeus Trilogy, for the Vampire Diaries jump when he flat out admitted he was only writing it as a powergrab.

I think most of the talk is over the final choice from the apprentice origin. It was brought up by the prismatic dragon guy a couple threads ago then a lot of people kept asking about it.

>Good job captcha

The preserver or dragon lord options. Both are OP as fuck.

Huh, okay. Thanks.

Any thighs worth sleeping between are not safe enough to sleep between.

Yeah, but they aren't offered in the jump as CP options, you'd actually have to do the requisite quests in jump, and they aren't without risk.

Apprentice is pretty shitty though, since you could just take the two perks it gives for free at the same cost as the Origin as one of the other Origins.

You can become an Avangion or Dragon without taking Apprentice, and in fact, if you take Outcast you can afford the Cleric perk too, making you potentially more powerful without undergoing any transformation.

Apart from the option that guarantees you get it and all.

What if you took Dark Sun after Traveler's Gate? Couldn't you just hide in you Territory in that case as well?

You would need to get more people into your territory, otherwise it shrinks and becomes unstable. But that option is basically "I take the LoT and fuck off to space" option.

Taking Apprentice gives you 2 600cp perks, or was it 3. It also gives a 100% success chance to become a Avangion or Dragon, I think there's a chance you die without that.

Nope, only two.

The risk of dying is still there if you fuck up the process, or if someone else fucks up the process.

The real boon is that it supposedly happens in less than a year, where as it takes at least two just to progress the transformation from over halfway done to finished, under normal circumstances.

I remember there being a perk where, when you see a person, you learn their name.

Can anyone recall where it was from?

Dresden files sight?

Not really, actually. You can get gud with the other stuff too, like in any D&D setting.

The only thing it really allows for as far as I can see is the 10th level spell/psionic mix stuff (which aren't even that good, in my opinion), and getting a decent powerful form... Not like high level wizards can't shapeshift into shit like that.

Yeah... 1200cp for 1000cp.

The chance to die seems to just be a system shock roll... which is just difficulty adjusting to your new form and making a stamina save for that. Think it was something like a 99% chance to make it at stamina 18.

Or getting interrupted during the casting. That'd suck.

Not two. First stage is normally one year of preparation.

I was thinking given name rather then true name, but I guess technically that is true.

>First stage
I was specifically talking about the final stage, which takes explicitly two years, where you do some bullshit with a glass ball and fuck off to the astral plane or something like that and if anything happens to the glass ball you're made to set out in the open for two years you die forever.

But you don't need to take those options to become a Dragon or Avangion. You can get them just by being a level 20 Preserver or Defiler and level 20 psionicist. All that option does is give you the beginnings (level 1/level 1) in those classes and a mentor.

Dragons have to make system shock rolls. Avangions don't. Also, Dragons go insane for half their levels while Avangions have to abandon their companions and switch to new ones. Both of which are extremely stupid as a player option in a tabletop setting, by the way...

Jumpers, have you ever fought in a conflict and your actual goal wasn't just 'winning'?

Alternatively, did you ever hold back or throw a fight? Why?

Warehouse is literally the perfect place to store your glass coffin.

It sounds like it's smarter just to take those perks without the origin, and avoid taking either of the transformations.

You don't get your final stage from the jump though. You only become a Stage 1 Dragon on the last day of the jump.

Incidentially, that's different from what my source says on getting the last stage. Where are you getting that from?

Atleast a jumper can probably ignore the insanity. It seems to just be from the pain, as atleast what I'm reading about it says that.

I'll often hold back. Humans are jumpy critters, and being tool users they're inclined to use whatever they've got in their hands against something they perceive as a threat - whether to their bodies or their beliefs.

And the expressions on their faces when the bullets stop in mid-air? That _never_ gets old.

>Final (30th level): To cast this spell, the preserver must make an area of lush vegetation (crops, scrub grass, forests, or any combination) at least five miles in diameter. At the time of casting, the lush lands must be free of evil creatures. The material components are a diamond, of no less than 10,000 gp value, with which to capture the life-giving qualities of sunlight; a large stone tomb; and a perfectly sealed glass case built around both preserver and tomb. The casting time is one round. Once the spell is cast, the preserver/avangion, diamond, and stone tomb disappear, bound for planes unknown. After many months, perhaps as long as two years, the avangion returns, wholly transformed, to the glass case. If the glass case is damaged in the meantime, the avangion is lost to oblivion.

Monster manual, 10 seconds on google with 'Avangion'.

I hold back all the time unless it's against a world-ending threat.
I prefer to let the native heroes deal with their problems unless it has horrific costs, and even then i only step in to help out a bit and protect those who can't protect themselves, preferably from the shadows.

I only go all out when there's no witnesses or it's a "fuck everything, [target] needs to die yesterday" situation.

Yeah, I'd rather be level 20 Preserver/Psionicist/Cleric than a stupid evil dragon/weird-bat-thing anyway.

You'd probably need some "you stay you" perks, because according to the Dragon Kings book, it's not just pain but madness caused by having your mind stuck between the state of human and dragon.

Ah, okay. Yeah, I was looking at the Defiler Metamorphosis, not the Preserver one...

Defiler one just requires you to kill a good creature in single combat; the victim must be intelligent, have at least 20 Hit Dice, and be capable of casting 9th-level Wizard spells or 7th-level Priest spells. And is only one turn of casting...

Anway, you still don't get that. That's a Stage 10 Avangion. You end the jump just as you'd get Stage 1.

see You can't. It has to be out in the open. Surrounded by plant life and under the light of the sun.

So, in MtA, can we mess with vampire shit?

Yup. Dragon, Avangion, and Elemental don't offer anything worth the cost they require. You can do more with just straight class builds.

Dragons and Avangions are fucking beasts, though, and Level 10 spells are epic in scale.

Looks like someone didn't buy the Warehouse Transmogrifier from God of War.

I would assume so. It does run risks of its own, and depending on your consillium/local court the mages/vampires of the area may not want you to, but that's all local politics. There's nothing inherently stopping you.

Changelings on the other hand... Well, you can mess with them, just don't go into the hedge if you like your soul being in one piece.

I do it all the time.
I fought in the Fourth Shinobi World War with the intent of subtly enabling Madara to succeed with resurrecting Kaguya so that I'd get the Six Paths Sage Power and could get rid of her permanently instead of just sealing her away like Naruto and Sasuke did.

I ended up restoring her sanity and cleansing her soul of Shinju's madness through a combination of "I know you're in there somewhere" speeches and purification perks, causing her to have a mental breakdown and fall unconscious while a much more powerful Juubi came out of her with full intent to crush us into nothingness. After the end of the war I also ended up unintentionally waifuing her since I was probably the only person even close to her in power and experience, which resulted in an incredibly awkward conversation with Hagoromo. I'm pretty sure becoming the stepdad of the Sage of Six Paths is up there on the "List of Most Mortifying Conversations I've Ever Had."

Probably. They all exist in the World of Darkness.

Always good to have those, yeah. The Defilers and Preservers book I'm looking at says it's just the pain driving them to madness. And that they get a will save every month, which decides if they're sane or go on a destructive rampage for that month. Could be more than that though, so probably a good idea to pick some of those up.

Sure. You miss out on 10th level spells, but that's a perfectly valid option.

Actually this begs its own question. Can there be any overlap between the various supernatural groups in WoD normally? If not, how weird are jumpers who've been to multiple WoD jumps and are already Changelings, Vampires, Mages, and potentially more if more splats get jumps?

So those of you who went to Forgotten Realms what race did you chose and why?

What settings have the best level scaling? As in, a level scale where you can have a slime, a knight and a god all having believable levels.

Not really. They can interact, but you don't really have Changeling Vampire Mage hybrids... You'd be really, really weird.

Which is more useful jc/? Index magic or Esper powers? Because If I remember correctly you can use one but not the other. If, lets assume, I can attain Multi-Skill and can do some of the crazy canon nuerological shit with all my tech stuff. Lets also assume I have amazing magic boosters, mana manipulation from Demon King, Crimson Saint and Dark Wisdom. Taking all this into affect, what is the superior choice? One is brute force and power, the other is set-up with variability. On another note, do you think getting stars and stones from Dresdin could help avoid the issue all together by allowing Espers to use magic?

If by overlap you mean be X /and/ Y, then normally there's none. I can't remember it all off the top of my head but I think Vamps can't even turn Mages.

If you mean contact then it really depends on what the ST wants to do in the region.