Warhammer 40k General

Namefag As Your Warlord Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Will Trump make DE great again?

I CLAIM THIS THREAD FO THE OMNISSAH

No but Hillary will

What army is best able to switch tactics after deployment?

Kill yourself

REEEE. Fucking Kelly. Ages ago I did a quick mathhammer bullshit. If you really want. For like 190 points, you can make a Wolf Lord that does like 10 attacks at S7 AP2 (thou I1) if outnumbered. If you then give him another relic (which doesn't replace a weapon so doesn't fuck it up) will make it S8 AP2 and do 11 attacks on the charge and give his squad +1S too.

It's insane. Also, if I remember correctly, the Terminator Armour Relic that the Space Wolves get does not stop them being able to use it on mounts.

Since i dont know that much what would a basic list with the skyhammer formation look like, sorry i dont know that much about space marines only reall Admech but even there not that much

>What army is best able to switch tactics after deployment?
Ravenwing is crazy fast and aggressive. Everything is a bike or a skimmer.
When I use them everything has scout.

Does anybody play this casually?
I find the competitive scene stale, boring, and full of waacfags (obviously).

What is your favorite analog game that you play competitively?

Mine are X-Wing and Force of Will.

i use chariots often in my army

space wolves are great, this is known

ignore , it is the morning and I thought you said swift tactics, lel.

I would say 80% of my games are "casual"
Wheen I want to get my WAAC on their are opponents available that will do the same but most of the time we are just putting models on the table and having a good time.

>Does anybody play this casually?
yes. it might take some time to find likeminded ppl but many exist.
>What is your favorite analog game that you play competitively?
i dont. competitive gaming is a red flag for me. Yes I might miss out some wonderful experiences as I always get told, but whenever I tried my expectations got fullfilled

I'd much prefer the possible 7 attacks at S:10 ap:2 on the charge, backed up by the 229 attacks of the wolfkin formation.

All from one fucking unit. For a mere 851 points.

What really grinds my gears is Wulfen, in particular the frost claws and frost greataxe (?), the one that hits at initiative on the charge.

Stupid formations. Stupid Space Wolves. If only Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Grey Knights could have some nice stuff.

what about no armies have shit like that

Quick question. If I have a psyker level 1. And I choose let's say telekinesis, and roll a 2, do I get the P power and the 2 power?

But formations are fun. The issue is that not everyone has good ones.
Besides, it's not like removing formations does that much to help balance the game. All it does it hurt the good and mid armies. The low teir is still fucked.

Yes.

Cool, so if a level 2 psyker chooses one power from a different power selection he would only get the rolled power or choose to replace it.

Skyhammer is just 2 Assault Squads and 2 Dev Squads. Download the angels of death supplement if you want to know more.

well the answer still pretty much applies, you can only really "switch tactics" after you commit if you have a fast army

He would only get the powers rolled not the primaris powers, but could replace any of the two (including both of them) for the primaris powers.

You would get the 2 power and then you would get the primaris as a bonus due to Psychic focus. Unless you're a chaos psyker and then shit gets weird.

Generally any army can due this if built correctly; effectively the criteria for being able to switch tactics is to be able to move quickly and reliably and to be viable in both the shooting and assaulting phases. I would say that this is the trademark of most good all comers lists and is really what space marines are famous for.

So basically only fast armies can offer tactical versatility?

A summoning army can choose to sit back and summon defensive things or go more offensive and summon more offensive/fast units. But the army is extremely pricy (in $) if you want a lot of choice, on top of that it takes forever to play and time = more $.

A well rounded daemon army or khorne daemonkin army can do the same to a degree without being obnoxious play against.

I would say that most plays see themselves as casual players; however, I would say that only about half of the games I see played locally at my store are truly casual as a number of those "casual" players tend to be netlisters. I tend to bring casual lists as I find them more fun for everyone involved.

Yup. You get Psychic Mastery Focus special rule if you pick all your powers from one table only. This gives you the Primas Power by default.

The wellrounded Daemon army would be slaanesh(or khorne)/tzeentch?

I'm confuse the wording implies that unless you take all your powers from the same choice you wont get the primaris.

If I understand right and my english does not fail me.
Example 1: Level 1 Chooses Telepathy, he rolls a 4, so he gets Shrouding and the Primaris Shriek. Since he choose from only one he got Focus.
Ex 2: Level 2, rolls a 5 in Telekinesis and a 3 on Telepathy. She won't have the primaris since she choose from different tables.
Ex 2: Level 2 rolls 3, 4 on Telepathy so he gets the primaris due to focus.

Or I'm just overthinking GW classical shitting writing.

A mix of everything really.
Slaanesh/Khorne as the hammer, Nurgle as the anvil and Tzeentch as ranged support.

Any or even all of them. But Khorne can only summon if he plays alone (he doesn't want the others finding out he can do it as well) so the other 3 are the ones that can summon in the traditional way.

He's probably right though. DE thrive on treachery on treachery, political intrigue, and destruction. Hillary for Commorragh 40,001.

Space Marines with a bunch of drop pods and transports, probably. I also think Corsairs, Eldar, Ravenwing, etc. are alright at this because they either have infiltrating or outflanking guys or everything is fast as fuck (although in the Eldar cases you are a bit limited by list building before deployment due to everything being specialized, so SM do it better).

Bellow is my "50/50 rw/dw" (2000pts). It is meant for more casual games. No 2+ jink and not nearly as much AP2 as pure RW.
So starting on the field to bring in the Deathwing are three Attack Squadrons. Two for anti armor one for anti horde.

>2 Ravenwing Attack Squadrons (185pts)
2 Ravenwing Attack Bikes
>Multi-Melta
Ravenwing Land Speeder
>Multi-Melta, Multi-Melta

>Ravenwing Attack Squadron (190pts)
3 Man Ravenwing Bike Squad
>2xGravgun, Combi-Grav
Ravenwing Land Speeder
>Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Missile Launcher

Next is a Ravenwing Strikeforce that I can either start in Reserves and everything outflanks or start the bikers on the field and roll normally for my two fliers. May just do two Dark Talons to save ten points and have more fun.

>Fast Attack (330pts)
Nephilim Jetfighter (170pts)
Ravenwing Dark Talon (160pts)

>Elites (255pts)
Ravenwing Command Squad (255pts)
>5x Black Knight, Ravenwing Apothecary, Ravenwing Champion, Ravenwing Company Banner

>HQ (115pts)
Techmarine (115pts)
Auspex, Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Servo Harness, Bike

Last I have a Deathwing Strike Force, with my Ravenwing to deliver them any turn after turn two they can auto pass or fail reserves.

>HQ (170pts)
Interrogator-Chaplain (170pts)
>Terminator Armour, Mace of Redemption, Storm Bolter

>Elites (570pts)
5 Man Deathwing Command Squad (270pts)
>Cyclone Missile Launcher, Deathwing Apothecary, Deathwing Company Banner, 2x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
6 Man Deathwing Terminator Squad (300pts)
>Chainfists, Cyclone Missile Launcher, 3x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

Any C/C?

>Example 1: Level 1 Chooses Telepathy, he rolls a 4, so he gets Shrouding and the Primaris Shriek. Since he choose from only one he got Focus.
>Ex 2: Level 2, rolls a 5 in Telekinesis and a 3 on Telepathy. She won't have the primaris since she choose from different tables.
>Ex 2: Level 2 rolls 3, 4 on Telepathy so he gets the primaris due to focus.

Correct. The writing is also clear.

Races for the presidential candidates?
>Trump as ordo xenos or hereticus
>Hillary as DE or CE
>Ben Carson as Necrons

I dont understand how anyone can say 'formations dont hurt balance'.

Riptide Wings, War Convos, OSC, Hunter Contingent, Wraithhost, Skyhammer, Battle Company, Decurion, Librarian Conclave, and probably a few more - all hurt balance due to over the top formation bonuses, or an obscene amount of free stuff.

Did you ever play before formations? Yes it was unbalanced, but both players almost always had a chance (with a handful of exceptions over the years).

I get that you like formations, thats fine you're entitled to your preference. But saying they haven't harmed balance is false.

>900 points
>"mere"

damn 40k is really getting to exorbitant points levels these days

example:
OSC vs. IG Armor/Mechanized: the game is over before it starts due to formation bonuses.

Craftworld Eldar wouldn't have a presidential candidate. Instead they'd have a bunch of guys running lobbying groups trying to subtly manipulate some things.

Tau are Bernie Sanders (collectivist, supposedly utopian, not actually important but successfully influence a major power elsewhere)

Fiorina was SoB (not influential, nobody cares about her, will never get an update)

Kasich was a Harlequin (trying and failing to bring various disparate factions together by finding some common cause. also, a dick who pretends not to be a dick)

Rubio was Orks (always loses)

That said, this topic is sure to bring out butthurt on one side or another so we should probably stop before hopelessly derailing the thread.

also
>Ben Carson as Necrons
kek I didn't get this until right now, but good choice.

So i want too start with chaos, how viable are csm allied with Imps(traitor guards)
I really like the idea of it but im not sure were too start with the army

>csm allied with Imps(traitor guards)

FW has the Renegades and Heretics army

Which is traitor guards with a lot more options. And the bonus of being battle brothers with csm

I remember playing Dawn of War 2, and there was a nid unit in there that could tunnel from one point on the battlefield to another extremely quickly. Is there any sort of analog to this rapid repositioning unit?

Depends
CSM are usually not strong.

What do you mean traitor guard. Using the Imperial guard (Astra militarum) codex, or one of the FW options (Renegades and heretics, vraks) which are in their Imperial Armor Variants.
Using the IG dex would give you advantages as there is faar more support out there and FW does get the weird I-dont-play-against-that-look every now and then, but your ally rules suck (read they do not like each other at all).
renegades and heretics would have the advantage of the book giving you access to quite a few CSM goodies as well (from Sicaran to rapier to reaver titan) but the R&H army list is rather confusing.
I do not know vraks.

Keep in mind that it is possible to use the models with both IG and R&H dex as many are the same models. Leman russ, chimera lasrifle-dudes are in both.

For a start the dark vengeance box is not bad, try to get more of the cultists from ebay, as you can use them either for CSM-cultists or guardmen grunts.

For CSM I recommend a sorcerer as HQ because it is versatile and cheap. Maybe with terminator armor if you want.

For guard/renegades chimerae are good. universally good. Give them multilaser/heavy bolter and a heavy flamer.

Not sure how good, but 1d4chan hs articles on all.

I would probably play with the Imp codex since the people i play with HATE FW like actually hate it with a burning passion which i dont really get but, anyways couldnt i just use the Chaos Cultist boxes with like i think 10 or so inside?
Whats so special about the dark vengance Cultists?

The Vraks list is almost completely identical to the IA13 list, save a few minor differences like no tzeentch/nurgle stuff.

I don't recommend a terminator sorcerer.

I thought like you once, but my CSM army has barely changed in the past few months while the renegades have continually expanded. Renegades are significantly more fun to play as and the vast majority of games I play have been as renegades or renegades with allied token CSM rather than the other way around. The CSM codex is bad and building a list feels more like a hassle than something fun to do. In addition, renegades have a lot of 3rd party options in terms of models because basically any 3rd party imperial guard or 28mm infantry can be used for renegades.

How many of them play Eldar, Tau, and Skyhammer Marines?

The boxes are usually more expensive than ebay because people often buy the DV starter and sell the contents.

If people hate FW, ask them to play as battle brothers or at least allies of convience rather than having two army halves hating each other and needing to roll whether they trust each other.

If you play both, I recommend using the cultists with rifles for guard and the with pistols for CSM to not get confused. Guard dudes have rifles, CSM can have either.
There is a dataslate with some helbrute formations, which I like. And the helbrute just got 4 attacks as per FAQ-Draft.

At this point, anyone hating FW is either jealous they cant afford it, or just straight up irrational and need something to hate. Very few FW units are above average with regards to rules.

It already exists.

>I don't recommend a terminator sorcerer.
Why? You get the armor for budget and can stick him in a cultist squad for additional protection.

This is correct. You only get the Primas Power if you roll all choices on the same table. This includes psykers like Mephiston and Loth.

I think one user said in the past people hated FW because it wasn't in the codex. It humors me how people will freak out over one little FW marine.

Yeah its terruble there was a guy once who wanted to play and he had some mkIV space marines from foregworld and they went batshit insane although he said hell just ise the nornal rules

How do you play your renegades(with which rules) and why wouldnt you recomend a sorcerer it would have been my first choice actually(i thought of starting with the start collecting deal for csm

>Trump as Ordo Hereticus

Trump is Imperial Fists- the best wall builders in the Galaxy.

Help me understand something about chapter specific formations.

The Sons of Corax detachment says that all units must be drawn from the Raven Guard chapter. So far so good.

How do successor chapters fit into this? Can they use this detachment, or does it have to be the actual Raven Guard chapter?

I am guessing "yes", but it just seems awfully restricting.

>I think one user said in the past people hated FW because it wasn't in the codex.
That applies to literally half of the shit we have these days.

Vanilla Space Marines have like 4 different books to draw from, all valid, and none of them are from Forgeworld.

Raveners in tabletop don't seem to be able to do that.

What I'm thinking of would be more like the ability to deepstrike from the table to another point on the table.

>mk4
Dang. I'd actually need that for muh BA successor chapter's chapter master, but so many people would flip out. Lord Commander Valerius Malentino is just a dude with a sword and a melta gun, he can't do anything like this.

What are the best 40k novels out there? Any recommendations guys

Oh shit, disregard. Just got to the mawloc entry. That's pretty good.

the mawloc can deepstrike turn two, re enter reserves turn three and deepstrike again turn four

Mawloc
Swooping Hawks
Eldar Jet Bikes (granted they can't teleport, but get 12"+24"? Flat Out)
Anything with GoI
Grey Knight Models with Personal Teleporters
Eldar Cosairs
Couple of new Space Marine powers
Just a few that spring to mind

space marine
fifteen hours
double eagle
redemption corps

all stand-alone novels, so good to pick up and read on a whim

Terminator armor is expensive compared to running him in power armor and won't really help because his main source of wounds is going to be perils of the warp not enemy gunfire because 20 man blobs of infantry to soak bullets.
I almost always run my army with imperial armor 13's list, but that is because I really like the dark mechanicus and that book has options for it, while Vraks does not.

The way that renegades works is that your leader (the arch-demagouge) can take specific upgrades to tailor the flavor and tacitcs of the army, such as a psyker dude, a guy who makes your infantry respawn, a mechanicus guy, in vraks theres an artillery guy for that list only, ect...

I'd recommend getting a sorcerer, but not one in terminator armor. Either run a crimson slaughter divination sorcerer or a regular CSM telepathy (or maybe biomancy if you're feeling lucky).

Start Collecting Tyranids lets Gargoyles within 12" of their Tyrant DS instead of moving.

Just means they have to use Raven Guard Chapter Tactics, that's all
I can't think of an occasion where GW restricted your play options on account of your paint scheme - nobody is stopping you from running your painted-as-Blood-Angels as vanilla marines instead unless they're an asshole

>Just means they have to use Raven Guard Chapter Tactics, that's all
Ahh, so they mean tactics.

Was kinda hoping I could use Raptor tactics as a successor chapter, I felt they were still Raven Guard.

But alright, I'll just keep them as Raven Guard then. I know at least 1 guy who gets pissed when you start using vastly different CTs from your "fluff" and colours, (like Blood angels as vanilla marines..) but I can't imagine anyone being bothered by me using Raven Guard tactics instead of Raptor tactics.

Imperial Glory is good. Space-British regiment fighting the Space Crimean War just has to complete one last mission before they can retire. Guess what happens.

Can it attack the turn it comes in, or is it limited to just the blast markers?

36" flat out.
And the hawks have to spend a turn off the field, as they enter DS reserve one a movement phase, so they show up the next on.

GET ON MY PHOTOSHOP LEVEL PUNK.

As a non USAfag I find this to induce my sides to explode.

Just 1-2 large blasts in the turn it DS

I guess that's still pretty good. How well does the unit work in practice?

Any SoBfags inna thread? I want to discuss how overrated Exorcists are.
Also r8 my wall of text pls.

Sisters of Battle - 1500 points

*Canoness - 135 points
+ Eviscerator
+ Rosarius
+ Mantle of Ophelia

Sororitas Command squad - 185 points
+ Banner of the Order Militant
+ [X4] Condemnor Boltgun
+ Rhino

*Ministorum Priest - 56 points
+ Power Axe
+ Litanies of Faith
+ Bolt pistol

*Ministorum Priest - 41 points
+ Power axe
+ Bolt pistol

*Battle sister Squad - 265 points
+ 20 strong
+ Veteran Superior upgrade
+ Superior has Power axe

Battle sister squad - 70 points
+ Heavy Flamer

Dominion squad - 115 points
+ [X4] Meltagun
+ Combi-plasma
Immolator - 65 points
+ Twin-linked Heavy Flamer
+ Dozer blade

Dominion squad - 115 points
+ [X4] Meltagun
+ Combi-plasma
Immolator - 65 points
+ Twin-linked Heavy Flamer
+ Dozer blade

Exorcist - 125 points

Exorcist - 125 points

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor - 73 points
+ Condemnor Boltgun
+ Psyocculum
+ Power armour

*Ordo Xenos Inquisitor - 65 points
+ Plasma pistol & Bolt pistol
+ Rad grenades
+ Liber Heresius

Units marked with * are a single unit.
Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor joins command squad.

>overrated Exorcists

They're the best unit in a mediocre dex.

Why are you taking Inquisitor Allies just to throw two Inquisitors in? Inquisitors are for their pew pew vehicles and acolyte spam.

I see your list, and present you a better one. It even has Inquisitors! Has Table wraith spam, croissant and warrior spam necrons on turn 5. (It was pretty much luck but sounds cool)

+++ Traditional Sisters of Battle (1491pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1365pts) ++

+ HQ (135pts) +

Saint Celestine (135pts)

+ Troops (290pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (145pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

Battle Sister Squad (145pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

+ Fast Attack (550pts) +

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Seraphim Squad (170pts) [8x Seraphim, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers]

+ Heavy Support (390pts) +

Exorcist (130pts) [Storm Bolter]

++ Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Inq Inquisitorial Detachment) (126pts) ++

+ HQ (126pts) +

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (63pts) [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Power Armour, Psyker (Mastery Level 1)]

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (63pts) [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Power Armour, Psyker (Mastery Level 1)]

Oh baby.

The thing with sisters is you can't outshoot, you have to specialise.

For example that 20 girls? What is their mission? Hold objectives? if so, the +1 leadership could be sensible, but the axe is pointless. Give the squad some range guns, Heavy Bolter, combi flamer and flamer. If you get assaulted you are fucked, your best chances is to reduce the amount of attacks, hence the flamers.

Same thing with the dominions, if you want heavy flamer get the repressor, that way your girls can shoot while inside their box. If not just give them an Immolator with Multi-Melta. Since unless your opponent is retarded, even if the Piñata gets pop thanks to your dominions melta. He won't put them within the Immolator flamer.

General rule of thumb is to avoid rhinos and use Immolators or Repressors.

Also get a power maul on those priest, more useful with their smash if needed.

So i want to start csm i know there not the best but i like there aesthetics and lore, i wanted too start with the start collecting deal any good ideas on how to expand on that?

People think so but between 2 Exorcists, they'll be firing 7 shots on average, 4/5 hitting, they allow cover saves leaving 2/3 wounds / maybe a pen on an AV12 vehicle.

Xenos inquisitor has rad grenades / psk-out grenades for the large sister/priest unit.
Hereticus inquisitor has a Psyocculum. Leading the command squad, they have 5 BS10 shots that cause Perils on a hit. The banner gives +1 attack each to the large sister unit.

Bretty solid list man. What are the Inquisitors doing?

Do you have ideas as to what god you want to devote to or do you plan on mixing a bunch of stuff?

I mostly play against a Nurgle CSM player and his list is pretty fun.

For a second troop choice you can buy the cheap Chaos Cultists from Dark Vengeance off ebay and you have yourself a CAD.

Two more Helbrutes (cheapish from Dark Vengeance if you don't mind the Kit) would give you enough for some formation I am not familiar with.

My usual nurgle opponent loves his Nurgle Bikers and Obliterators that get +1 toughness (T6 Bikers!) and are pretty decent.

Heldrakes are good in larger point games if you find yourself against blobs or cover saves.

Again the Nurgle guy does ally in some Daemons but it is just an Allied Detachment from units in the Start Collecting Nurgle that do support his army well. The troops are toughish and hold back field objectives and those drones can pack a punch.

A Daemon Prince in either the Allied Cad if you work into it or leading your CSM can make for a point sink that is pretty killy. Again the Nurgle Daemon Prince he has in his Allied CAD is durable as all hell and hits hard. (2+ jink with wings and shroud)

>Carson as 'crons

Requesting OC of this now

As an amerifag this crushes my heart and also explodes my sides

You're thinking of raveners

I added them for fluff reasons and no idea what to fit in 155 points. So they start outside the Immolator (thank GW) then hop inside with the flaming battle harem. If lucky they get Shrouding or Invisibility.

Ultramarines omnibus
The first heretic
Horus rising

How can Tyranids hope to beat 1500 eldar list? Jetbikes and wraithknight and farseers oh my

Attempt to envelop the board, giving them nowhere to run to and achieving objectives. If you can't then you've lost, but that's hardly your fault, a fucking wraithknight in a 1500 point game is ridiculous.

Does someone here use Battlescribe Mobile? Is it possible to print a roster? I can't find the option.

I play casual 40k, as does 90% of my FLGS' 40k players. We have an unspoken rule that if you want to get games, don't play bullshit that people won't want to play against.

It sucks that we have to act this way because of the state of 40k (grav spam, D spam, superheavies, invisibility, and other bullshit) but a good deal of our locals are playing 30k stuff instead right now... which is oddly more balanced.

Or also you can go silly, no one expects 6 Penitent engines, at 1000 points. Even better if you have a shit ton of cover, like 40k games should be play. Also you keep them in the box, deploy your troops, then slowly put one at the time. Psychological war, Penitent are shit, but 6 of them will fuck up your opponents proper target priority.

+++ Penitent Pain 1000 (1000pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1000pts) ++

+ No Force Org Slot (55pts) +

Ministorum Priest (55pts) [Eviscerator, Laspistol]

+ HQ (135pts) +

Canoness (135pts) [Bolt Pistol, Eviscerator, Rosarius, The Mantle of Ophelia]

+ Troops (330pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (165pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Battle Sister with Meltagun]
··Immolator [Extra Amour, Storm Bolter, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Battle Sister Squad (165pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Battle Sister with Meltagun]
··Immolator [Extra Amour, Storm Bolter, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
··Sister Superior [Boltgun, Combi-Flamer]

+ Heavy Support (480pts) +

Penitent Engine Squadron (160pts) [Penitent Engine, Penitent Engine]

Not him, but can you take two Inquisitors and only Inquisitors as allies? Aren't they HQ's?

It's not that they don't hurt balance, it's that balance is already fucked without formations. Formations allow many armies to have a chance to compete against something like eldar. Without them balance is still fucked, but now even more armies are screwed.

Why is Carson a Necron? I feel like I'm missing something.