Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Nurgle must die Edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
I remove some comp and link from the pastebin, plz check.

Look mate, I'm all for non-Red'n'Brass Khorne dudes, but that yellow hurts my eyes.

First Mannfredo the based.

Finally pdf. Point tables were terribly fucked up on epub version

age of smegma

Is it possible/advisable to run Seraphon without Slann? I hate those models.

Yes. Very possible. Especially with summoning being gimped to hell and back, the Hypno Toads have lost a lot of their uses. Just make sure to add a Skink Starpriest or two so you have some magic game.

I'm always nervous buying a new army. I like the fluff and models for the Stormcast, but what if I hate the playstyle? What if they lose every game and I just stop playing because of it?

Buregh

Here's your (You)

That bright yellow really pops user, got any more pics of the army for us?

Honestly I'm kinda pissed that Sigmar's name has been sullied by this game. I -like- Sigmar.

Yellow!

Because you hate yourself and your retinas.

Is their any benefit to having one big unit over multiple units? (to take advantage of the liberator primes +1 attack for example)

You gave a question and answer it in the same sentence.

my piss is being kicked

>another new thread

damn the AoS board moves rapid

Depends on the unit and on other factors.

>unit
Units with a size bonus obviously want to be in larger units, whereas units of large models with no size bonus (like Liberators) enjoy being in small units generally speaking.

>other factors
Large units get a bonus on Battleshock while with small units, you can never lose too much through a bad Battleshock test (doesn't matter if 4 flee if only 1 is left).
Large units have a harder time getting all their models into melee while small units have no use for higher range on their melee weapons generally speaking (Kurnoth Hunters and Protectors are notable exceptions to this).
Smaller units you can spread out to cover multiple parts of the board whereas one large unit will have to be one single blob whereas the large blob can obviously take more damage (this is probably the most important distinction for all those new objective-based missions).

In addition to specific benefits listed in some warscrolls, like the attack bonus for large liberator or crypt ghoul units, there's also the more general fact that melee combats are resolved a unit at a time, taking turns between the players, so a larger unit gets to attack all together without the opponent getting a turn inbetween.

For instance, 2 units of 5 black knights charge a unit of 10 savage orc morboys. The first unit attacks, kills 2 models. The morboys attack back, targeting the black knight unit that hasn't swung yet with as many attacks as possible. They kill 2 models from the unit that hasn't attacked, and one from the unit that has. The remaining black knight unit attacks with 3 models, killing one more morboy.

In this scenario, only 8 of the charging black knights got to make attacks, and 8 of the savage orcs got to attack back.

Had those black knights been part of a single unit, then all 10 would have been able to attack before the savage orcs, and fewer of the savage orcs would have been able to attack back.

Since Liberator-Prime makes 3 attacks instead of 2, isn't he the optimal choice for the grandhammer?

Yes. Which is also why most people who actually give a damn about the Liberators' damage output keep their unit sizes at 5, as at larger sizes you would get more grandweapons but no additional Primes to carry them.
This is ALSO the reason all the Starter Set Primes come with Hammer and Shield so that if you want to give that weapon to the Prime you're gonna have to buy the drastically more expensive Liberator boxes.

Seems very powerful

its incredibly strong, because it allows liberators to get a 2+ save with a castellant pretty easily.

You need the 'warscroll' for that, or can you just say 'im using this'

Are they anal about this?

Are you me user? I kid of have a hoarding problem when it comes to this, I usually buy the books first before I start an army, and after getting super hyped to start it, I start hearing "OH THAT ARMY IS SHIT WHY ARE YOU PLAYING IT" or "this army isn't bad nor is it good user". Kind of shuts me down about starting certain armies.

>its incredibly strong, because it allows liberators to get a 2+ save with a castellant pretty easily.

Err, don't liberators get to reroll 1's aswell?

In Aos, every army is good.
I know its strange, but the game is incredibly balanced.
As for their playstile, you can try a demo game using proxies before buyng them to see if you like them.

with shield, they do. That makes them incredinly hard to kill, which is imho the best buff they can get so they can fulfill their "tank"role better.

That's renders, or mortal wound guys. Christ, this is going to be a must have for SE.

So I bought a whole bunch of Sylvaneth stuff and painted up a test model I like (winter themed) but now I feel like I want to start with some Night Goblins after I finish them. Do they still exist, or were they merged into Orruks or whatever they're called?

is that from the start collecting box?
i cant find that battalion in the generals handbook.

Jesus are you me? I finished my Sylvaneth 3 weeks ago and have been building Night Goblins since...

Anyways, they're their own factions, but don't expect them to get anything new ever.

Looking at brettonia... Overpriced and garbage? Glad to see they're still thinking it's Warhammer Fantasy Battle and fucking over the frenchies.
*Screams Internally*

I was thinking a Giant Cave Squig as a centerpiece, with lots of Goblin mobs, squigs and fanatics. Is there any way to get some of the other stuff in there, like Doom Divers or Trolls (and especially the Maw-Krusha, I love that grumpy dragon. I'd convert him to be ridden by my classic metal Skarsnik).

Okay, trying out list-building with a mixed Chaos (mostly Bloodbound) list. Opinions and criticism is very welcome.

>Aspiring Deathbringer (General)
>Skullgrinder w/ Chaos Runeblade
>Bloodstoker
>Bloodsecrator
>10 Gors
>10 Gors
>10 Skullreapers w/ Daemonblades
>5 Wrathmongers

The reason I use Gors instead of Bloodreavers is mostly durability. Unsupported, Gors are drastically more durable and a bit killier than Bloodreavers and I can use the goats to buffer any Chaos force I wish. They are basically objective holders and meat shields for the Skullreapers. I have no buffs to give the Gors, but that's okay because I wouldn't spare any buffs on them if I could.
The Skullreapers are basically the stars of the list as everything here is meant to either meatshield them or buff them. The Aspiring Deathbringer and the Skullgrinder are going to hide in the unit and the Bloodsecrator and Bloodstoker will stand a bit back inside the Wrathmongers to buff the Reapers the hell up.
If everything goes well, the Skullgrinder kills a Hero with his absurd damage output and from that point on, the Skullreapers deal more damage on average than they have attacks.
Meanwhile, between Unpredictable Destruction, the Deathbringer's Command, the Bloodstoker, the Wrathmongers and the Bloodsecrator, I have a damage output of 5.44 damage per Skullreaper armed with Daemonblades. They also have two Soultearers, which are even stronger and a Vicious Mutation which, with all those buffs, is basically a Vampire Lord's worth of damage on top of everything else. Never mind that they can earn rerolls by killing shit. Never mind that they deal damage when killed in melee. Never mind that they have 2 scary Heroes hiding among them, one who can potentially double all their damage for the rest of the game. Never mind the 20 Goats in front of them tanking hits for them. Never mind the fact that the Skullreapers are 30 Wounds at a 4+ save in their own right.

Doom Divers aren't actually Moonclan (they're Gitmob) but I'm using two I bought of ebay and stripped anyways. I'm not much of a squig guy, but I have one mangler squig and lots of fanatics and regular old grots.

I love squigs, they're excellent. Little bundles of teeth and fun.

I wouldn't say that at all, they are tearing the asses out of everyone at my store. The Brettonian King of griffin is very undercosted for what he does and the knights are great at ripping open squishies while the Trebuchet crack the heavy shit for grail knights to fuck up when they charge. Paladins are op as shit, especially with peasant bowmen.

Brettonia is REALLY good right now, able to throw down with literally every army in the game and fuck their shit up.

Well that's an insta include for me. Are there points for it yet?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh jeez mate. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just not familiar with the rules yet. Brets are incredibly powerful and, unlike 8th, can actually compete with anything and everything in this game and do so quite well, with powerful Peasant Bowmen and a bunch of powerful cavalry units. Never mind the Trebuchet being the best non-mortal-wound-based war machine in the game.

Yes. Should I post the other warscrolls too?

gogogo

I understand why they're cool, don't get me wrong, I just love goblins and like them swarming an enemy rather than using "allies".

The said, I've asked like 5 times and given up, but I can't decide on 40 man grot squads or 60.

Nope. And like all the other Start Collecting Battalions, there never will be.

I should have the other ones soon enough.

Do these have points?

Ouch that is actually pretty nice right there. makes the Khorne blender that much better!

As far as I know, no, and are not planned.

Those are nice little warscrolls for the Start Collecting! box, to play with each others.

Eh. Not good enough to persuade me to not make a Treelord Ancient.

Absolutely, especially because Wounding tends to be the Blood Warriors' greatest shortcoming.

Anyone else thing the Battleline requirements are pretty shit? I dont want to buy or paint 90 saurus warriors or skinks, and if I take Saurus guard as battleline I lose out on all the bonuses from the order allegiance.

They aren't there to make your army more powerful, the restrictions are there to force you to not fill your army with your best unit and have a force actually resembling an army.

Oh that's good, these are crazy strong for Pitched.

No, but i'm annoyed that most "allegence = battleline" units are shit to normal battlelines

I'm looking at you Tree Revenents

They make armies look like... armies.

I love the Battleline Requirement.

Brettonia
Leaders:
1:Brettonian Lord on steed[140](G)(Weapon:_)
2:Damsel of the Lady[100]

Battline:
1:Knights Errant[400](16)
2:Men-at-Arms[120](16)

Artillery:
1:Field Trebuchet[220]

How's this look?

yellow, the fussy primadonna of colors.

>and if I take Saurus guard as battleline I lose out on all the bonuses from the order allegiance.
No you don't

>tfw made a Gorthor and BSB to finally have a nice beastman army
>1000 pts against wood elves
>have a BSB, Gorthor, Beastlord, Shaman, 20 Ungor Raiders, 30 Gors, 7 Bestigors
>Gorthor, the Gors and the Ungors get fucked by arrows in 2 turns
>At the end of the game I have 61 dead models and opponent has like 13
It's gonna take some time until I play beastmen again, I'm going to expand my nurgle force now where maybe I'll use my cygor occasionally, fuck
How to git gud at beastmen without spending a shitload of money on more Bestigors/Minotaurs?

In some cases theyre fine, in others its fill your army with shit chaff. The aformentioned saurus warriors for example.

I don't think it's "most". But yeah I agree with Tree Revenants, I've had 0 success with them.

I hope Lizards get new models? Any bets on what's going to be a revamped soon?

Yes you do, you have to pick either the Seraphon allegiance or the Order one.

Then find another order battleline unit you like, and take those instead. You obviously want to min/max

>You can choose to take either the allegiance abilities for the allegiance your army belongs to, or the allegiance abilities for the Grand Alliance your army belongs to.

Reminder that you can take an all Stormcast army and still get the Grand Alliance bonus

Read the fucking FAQ before you say stupid things. You can take your Allegiance abilities or the ones from your Allegiance's Grand Order.

Yeah, but by saying you're allegiance is order, means any units that become battleline for your specific allegiance, lose it.

See

How many do you take though? I've got one at 1k, but i don't know if ill get another squad @ 2k or change my 2nd TLA into a Durthu

I only run 5, for battleline requirements, but I can't see 10 being anymore point efficient. They're so squishy and so few.

Can't you have them teleport 9 inches from a foe then use their reroll to charge it? Seems strong used smartly, and can cut down just how much Dryad spam you need a little.

Though yeah, I wouldn't spam Trevenants. Gourgheists are clearly better.

>That feel when the army you want to play is the one that 90% of people around you already play

I just like Dinosaurs, let me be unique plz.

The theme of my army is lining up to be a tribal themed destruction army. It grew out of my love of the forest goblins shit (arachnaroks and spider riders)

At 2000pts it seems its going to be made up of three alliances
Spiderfang Grots
Moonclan Grots, painted with brown robes and becoming my Mad Marsh Grots
and Ogors led by a Firebelly and sculpted with Tikki masks and things.

Hows this for a 2000pts list?

Leader:
Grot boss on Giant Spider (general) - 100
Grot Shaman - 80
Firebelly - 140
Shaman on Arachnarok - 280

Battleline
20x moonclan grots - 120
20x moonclan grots - 120
3x ogors - 120

Behemoth
Arachnarok w/ flinger - 280

others
10x spider riders - 200
10x spider riders - 200
Fellwater trolls - 200
10x squigs - 120
4x herders - 40

Cold ones are the only glaringly out of date modles, everything else is still fairly recently updated and good looking

>‘The allegiance abilities you choose will apply for the
duration of the battle.
When picking your army’s allegiance abilities, all units
in a warscroll battalion are considered to have the
allegiance listed above the title on the warscroll. For
example, the Guardians of Alarielle warscroll battalion
includes both Sylvaneth and Stormcast Eternals units,
and has ‘Sylvaneth’ listed as its allegiance above the
battalion’s title. This means that all of the Stormcast
Eternals units in the battalion are considered to have
the Sylvaneth allegiance when it comes to choosing
allegiance abilities. An army otherwise made up of
Sylvaneth
units which included this battalion could
choose the Sylvaneth or Order allegiance abilities, but
the Stormcast Eternals from this battalion wouldn’t
benefit from the Sylvaneth allegiance abilities, as they
don’t have the
Sylvaneth
ke y word .

Which means that if I take Saurus guard as battleline, I have to take the Seraphon allegiance, meaning I cant use any of the order bonuses. Which is exactly what I fucking said.

I dont care about min/maxing. I just want tto be able to take a seraphon army and have a chance to use some of the cool Order abilities and not have to buy a ton of 20 year old shitty infantry models to do it.

They should have made more units battleline, Saurus guard and saurus cav should have been battleline.

Yeah that's how I use them, but even when they do make the charge, they hardly do enough damage to kill anything but a wizard.

Get into conversions, do something with the dinos no one else is

Sur-fucking-prise, Glade Guard alpha strike is bullshit.
It has nothing to do with your Beastmen army, it's just those fucking Glade Guard. I mean, they're fucking useless after their super volleys, but for that one turn, they're king of the world.

Only advice I can give you for dealing with them is leave Gorthor out and play more Gors. Seriously, give him target overload and DON'T give him a juicy no-brainer target. Like, for Gorthor you get like 3 normal chariots. Take those and place them as single units. Spread the Raiders out into min-size squads and if you can't place all 10 Bestigors, replace them with MOAR GORS.

Wood Elf archers are fucking bullshit and it's not your army's fault.

That's a shame if true
They look so good

Ironjaws coming through, probably too late for this campaign but they are very nice models.

Posted in wip earlier, but I've been painting Orks the same was for 15 years, very neon and decided to go for a more natural tone, pretty satisfied with the results.

Difficult to see in this washed out photo, what the hell is my phone doing, but I gave him a couple of muddy red glazes on the lips, ears and around the eyes.

Constructive criticism always welcome.

except there is also this

You must record the allegiance abilities for your army when the battle begins, before setting up your first unit. You can choose to take either the allegiance abilities for the allegiance your army belongs to, or the allegiance abilities for the Grand Alliance your army belongs to.

Don't use them as line infantry. Seriously, they're not worth it. They might be if they were two wounds apiece, but they're not. Use their musicians to have them pop up next to a table edge and close to enemy war machines. They have an average damage output high enough to deal with most war machine crews in a single turn. If they get picked off afterward, so fucking what, the Revs costed 100 points and the war machine they just neutered was like 180.

Oh well, "character sniping nuisance/chaff/distraction" isn't useless, just not suited to taking many of and annoyingly fiddly to use.

for

I just started looking into Age of Smegmar, so forgive me. How's this look for a list for Brettonia then?

1940/2000
Brettonia
Leaders:
1:King Louen Leoncour[400](G)(Weapon:_)
2:Damsel of the Lady[100]

Battline:
1:Knights Errant[600](24)
2:Knights Errant[400](16)

Artillery:
1:Field Trebuchet[220]

Other:
1:Peasant Bowmen[200](16)

Any one use the Plague Furnace over the Doom Bell?

I even run plague monks and I like the bell better

That's what i plan to use them for
I was just wondering how people are finding them

The allegience ability for Seraphon is to make Guard and cav battleline. There are otherwise no allegiance abilities for seraphon. What are you not understanding?

Read the FAQ. You can take Seraphon Allegiance and still have access to the Order traits and artifacts.

Can we put this in the OP in some way?

Jesus you're fucking thick.

Your whole army is Seraphon models. You choose Seraphon Allegiance. You can use Knights and Guard as Battleline.

You then can choose to take Command Traits and Artefacts from the Order section vecause they are your Grand Alliance.

It's not that hard.

How do beastmen roll in this meta? Shit, crap, or unplayable?

Okay, let me try to explain it in a different way.

The allegiance you build your list on and the allegiance bonuses you get afterwards are different things.

Let's say I pick an Order list.
Now I decide to go full-on Sylvaneth.
This allows me to take Tree-Revenants as Battleline. So, I build my army completely out of Sylvaneth.

AFTERWARD, I determine what Allegiance bonuses I qualify for. In this case, I qualify for Sylvaneth traits and Order traits. Out of these, I now pick ONE.

I know it sounds retarded at first glance, but it's infinitely fairer that way, as it, for example, allows slow-as-molasses Ironjaws to take Rampaging Destroyers without having to force some Goblins or shit into their army.

If you're gonna play Peasant Bowmen, play them in bigger units. Other than that, looks great to me.

Can't you just convert the retributors into primes?

So remove peasants for more knights?

>Readium is great
Lol then..

Damn good in fact.
They are all fast as fuck, with decent (Gors) to terrifying (Bestigors) damage output and some of the VERY few shooty infantry units in the entire Chaos Grand Alliance.

And Doombulls, Minotaurs and Ghorgons are incredible damage dealers.

>Wood Elf archers are fucking bullshit and it's not your army's fault.
Thanks user, that actually makes me feel better about this
However, I really want Gorthor because of his awesome ability. I'm thinking of maybe putting my cygor in there too, so my opponents will have to choose between which huge target they want to shoot. More gors sounds good too.
Maybe I could try out some Chaos warriors as shields for my buffed up Gor slaughtermachine

They have those head plumes and special shoulder pads that you can't really recreate, so it's gonna be pretty tough.

Either remove 8 Knights for 16 more Peasants or remove the 16 Peasants for 8 more Knights.

Are Fyreslayers actually good? It's seems they have a hard time closin the gap in battle.

My friend is planning on starting Age of Sigmar up at our shop (Nobody plays it currently, the fantasy players just use 9th age nowadays) and it had a big problem as nobody liked the lore. He said he'd be starting an even at his place, basically Age of Sigmar rules with old fantasy lore. My questions:

-Could a beastwoman become a Bray Shaman?

-Do beastmen even have tribal homes and shit, or is it full anarchist?

I like the look of beastmen, but the lore I find to be pretty stupid, burning anything civilized for the fact of it being civilized. Even to the point that they don't make weapons in a society based around waging war and raiding.

I've been thinking of just falling back and playing Brettonia because I can't think of anything cool to write about people who just party, shit, and die in droves.

The main problem is that any self-respecting Wood Elf player will use his -3 bullshit Rend to surgically remove the unit with the highest save you have, which will almost inevitably be Gorthor and Bestigors. That's why the Cygor doesn't work as distraction with its 5+ Save.

I mean, I totally get why you like Gorthor. His Command is incredible for the simple reason that unlike the normal Beastlord's, his doesn't have any requirements to use (and a bonus to charge should never require having already successfully charged). But against Wood Elves, it might be best to leave him out (or start in a forest and toss Mystic Shield on him turn 1).