Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #43

>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin: pastebin.com/ct9RbPSt

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! The battle against the Frost Demons continued, with Cooler and Freeza falling and the Tree of Might Smoothie being handed out to you and your allies. Sadly, you fell in battle against King Cold in a terrible stroke of luck, though with Chi-chi's aid you managed to be restored quickly, and were greeted by a warning about the future from your son Gohan! But before he could continue with any more of his warning, another, angrier Time Traveler appeared before you...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YIcuOCFBM28
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The pink woman's glare seems to send a chill down Gohan's spine. "I'm going to use this as a lesson for all of you. And I really hope you all pay attention to this. Now, are all of you listening?"

Bra and Trunks nod cautiously, the older Pantea emphatically nodding in agreement, Gohan gulping and nodding, while most of your group seems to give their own affirmations. You cross your arms, look turning to Goku. "Looks like our boy's gotten himself in a bit of tr-"

"This goes EXTRA for the two of you!" Buula shouts strictly, pointing at you and Goku. "My boss was lenient given the stunt Kami pulled here. Don't test her patience now that you know better. Now, everyone?" You see her take in a lot of air before she shouts, loud enough to almost knock everyone over, "TIME TRAVEL IS DANGEROUS!"

Agh, ears ringing! Ow! Gohan seems to look at her in an apologetic manner. "I-I'm sor-"

Buula holds up her hand. "No, you don't really understand what you've done. The method you used to Time Travel, as your friend here told me, allows you to almost freely move back and forth between points in time, depending on the date you put in it. Correct?"

Gohan seems... smaller as he nods. "B-Bulma said it wouldn't require as much fuel-"

"Because it siphons small amounts of fuel from time itself." she states, eyes going into a squint. "It isn't a bad design, I admit, but the problem is that it can cause... issues..." she motions to Bra and Trunks.

Goku nudges you in the shoulder. "Don't really think I'm getting this, Maple. Mind helping me out?"

>A. Remember our... "trip" to Planet Plant? Oozaru training?
>B. Let her finish first, can explain later
>C. Wait, Buula, so your "boss" is...
>D. Something else?

>D. Something else?

Aren't you time traveling right now? How come you can romp around in our timelines and engage in potentially planet-shattering combat and we can't?

This

>D. Something else?
Why not just put us under your bosses payroll?

Win-win for everyone! We already deal with Towa on a regular basis.

Doesn't Buula's race spoil our own future?

As soon as we see Buu we're going to be like 'FAT BUULA!"

>Letting Buu be released
Vegeta no

You rub the back of your neck nervously. "Yeah, uh... remember our 'trip' to Planet Plant? Oozaru training?"

Goku takes a moment, but then vividly seems to recall it. "Ohhh, right, with Daikon and Parsley!"

"What are you two talking about?" Vegeta barks. "Wait, was it more of that Pendulum whatever?"

"S-something like that!" you respond, giving an innocent smile. Your attention turns back to Buula. "Wait, if Time Travel is so dangerous, then why are you here? I can assume you're Time Traveling too, right? Why can you do it when we-"

"Sis, think for a moment." Acer tells you with an annoyed expression. "How else would you be able to stop people from Time Traveling?"

"Erasing the timeline." Buula informs you grimly. "I'm sure the two of you have heard of the 'Butterfly Effect.'"

"...the hell does time have to do with butterflies?" Vegeta grunts with annoyance in his voice.

"Small, subtle changes can have dramatic results. Flapping of a butterfly's wings can influence hurricane on another side of a globe." Buula explains. "It's more complicated than that, but apply that logic to changing the past."

Trunks and Bra seem to freeze up. "W-wait, but..."

"I know all of you had the best of intentions in going to the past." Buula continues. "But Towa certainly doesn't. She never has. As you two saw with Mira. My boss has encountered her many, many times before, in different timelines."

>A. Maybe your boss can hire us as help then! Enemy of our enemy!
>B. So, Gohan and Pantea's Time Machine "siphons fuel" from time? Mind explaining a bit more on that?
>C. ...what do you mean by "erasing the timeline?"
>D. Something else?

>B. So, Gohan and Pantea's Time Machine "siphons fuel" from time? Mind explaining a bit more on that?
>C. ...what do you mean by "erasing the timeline?"

>>A. Maybe your boss can hire us as help then! Enemy of our enemy!
>D. We DO kind of owe her for not "erasing our timeline".
Come on guys Maple's smart enough to get both the threat and implications

Training throughout time may allow us to close some of the insane power gap

>>B. So, Gohan and Pantea's Time Machine "siphons fuel" from time? Mind explaining a bit more on that?

These

"W-when you mean 'erasing the timeline,' you don't-"

Buula turns away. "...think of it more like an 'Undo' button. Normal Time Travel ends up splitting a timeline. When one travels to the past, they're not usually changing their own past. They're making a new 'branch' on a tree."

"Wait, then why travel to the past if it doesn't actually fix their own?" Yamcha asks.

The older Pantea, for the first time, speaks. "Because it's better to have at least one world where our bleak future doesn't happen, dad." You notice Trunks and Bra do a double-take. "And maybe gain some information on how to beat the threats of the future, by some miracle..."

"Ah, then... thanks for not cutting off our branch." you say sheepishly.

"That really is supposed to be a last resort." Buula clarifies. "But it becomes more and more likely when things like this keep happening. Time isn't truly limitless."

And it clicks. "Ah, is that what you meant by the Time Machine 'siphoning fuel?'"

Buula nods, motioning to Bra and Trunks. "It pulled both of these two away from their intended destinations."

Gohan hangs his head in guilt. "I... I'm so sorry..."

"Wait, so, then you have a method of Time Travel that doesn't really do this? Well maybe your boss can hire us to help you out! We've got a common enemy, and you know what they say, enemy of my enemy! ...And, you know, we kinda owe her for not hitting that 'Undo' button..."

Buula blinks at you, her expression softening. "I... as much as I appreciate the thought, I'll need to get her approval on this." she sighs. "...And Time Patrol has enough 'Gohans' as it is." you hear in a mumble. She taps her fingers on her head- wait, so that's what that was! She knows Instant Transmission!

>A. Trunks, Bra, are... you two okay with all this?
>B. Talk with Gohan and Pantea, see if there's more you can learn from them
>C. Equivalent Exchange! Maybe all of you can help each other out
>D. Something else?

Then
>C. Equivalent Exchange! Maybe all of you can help each other out

This

Third

Backing

5th-ing

D. "Time travel is so confusing
then

"Time travel is so confusing..." you comment, then walk to the Time Travelers. "Er... Trunks, Bra? Are you two okay with all this?"

"Yeah, I mean, this isn't exactly your ideal scenario, is it?" Acer asks as well.

You can see some serious debate in their minds before they answer. Can't exactly blame them, given what's happened. Gohan approaches them with the same apologetic look still on his face. Pantea moves away from them and heads to Gohan, then bows. "I'm sincerely sorry for all this! If there's any way we can make up for our mistakes and help you both, I'll personally ensure that happens!"

The two are quiet for an almost uncomfortably long time. They look to each other, seem to nod in agreement, and walk to Pantea. You see the girl tense up slightly... and then the two Time Travelers place their hands on her shoulders. "Our mother wanted to help make a better world. You traveled back for the same reason, right?"

She lifts her head up. "Y-you mean it?"

They nod. "Still have our own missions to complete, but can't blame you for this. Guess it's a bit of a happy accident." Bra states, looking to your group.

"With that drink you gave us, I'm sure we'll be able to take those Androids down." Trunks says with a friendly smile. "So, we're in your debt, if anything."

"Androids?" Lapis and Lazuli question simultaneously, causing Trunks and Bra to give them awkward looks.

"Well..."

(cont.)

The two explain some more about themselves to your group, to their combined surprise and, in a Vegeta's case, irritation. You end up asking Gohan some more about his and Pantea's timeline. To your relief most of the kids seem to be all right, but noticing Vegeta's increased frustration, they seem to keep from "spoiling" any other tidbits. It does seem, however, there are a total of five Saiyans in their timeline, including Gohan, Peppa, and Tarble.

Your brother brings up that there is another set of Dragon Balls that should still be in space, and the Galactic Patrol had at least one of them. Pantea grimly informs him the Galactic Patrol doesn't exist anymore, and there's a good chance that Baby is aware of those "Black Star" Dragon Balls. Gohan almost kicks himself when he realizes that's probably why Baby hasn't put any greater effort into finding them than he already has.

After the explanations, you clap your hands together. "Okay, Trunks, Bra, Gohan, Pantea! I'm sure at least two of you are aware of what I'm about to propose, but to make sure it's clear: Teacher had this philosophy brobro and I follow, called 'Equivalent Exchange.' In order to help improve and further our development, we share techniques and skills that could come in handy. And we've all got a LOT of skills!"

>A. Such as the Fusion Dance!
>B. Like what Buula just did, Lapis knows a technique called Instant Transmission!
>C. And since you're sword fighters, maybe learning some new techniques with them could help you a lot!
>D. I managed to develop this really versatile technique called the Spirit Bits
>E. So, who wants to learn Magic?
>F. Something else?

Will explain more after voting.

Also, pick three at most.

I can't decide. I always choose things that go poorly or roll ones. So have a bump instead

>B. Like what Buula just did, Lapis knows a technique called Instant Transmission!

>C. And since you're sword fighters, maybe learning some new techniques with them could help you a lot!

Fusion is nice, but there won't necessarily be other powerful fighters for those two to fuse with. It also requires a lot of coordinating and practice to pull off on a moment's notice, and is a risky proposition in battle unless you fuse before you engage.

>F. How wants to learn how to barbecue dino meat to true tasty perfection?"
>E. So, who wants to learn Magic?

>A.
>B.
>D.

Can we get them books on magic so that can learn later at their leisure?

I like this

We have that one good one... Can we CLOTHES BEAMU up some copies?

I don't think we're that good

We can clothes beam up high end scouters, I think we can do a book.

Well as long as we don't try to write it drunk...

Okay, so!

Trunks and Bra have a similar set of techniques. Among the ones that might be of interest to you:

>Change the Future
A special Counter attack that can be used to catch an enemy off-guard, you could be able to use it extremely well with your speed.
>Energy Fog
Fires a series of Ki spheres in front of you that can be kept in place to ward off an attacker, potentially could be refined into a kind of "Ki Mine" ability, perhaps even a Lightning Enhanced set of Ki Mines.
>Burning Attack
It looks cool

As for Gohan and Pantea, they do already have those skills, including Magic. That said, you could suggest:
>Compiling together a shortened book filled with the Magic you, Acer, Lapis, and Chuu Lee know via Materialization. Won't have the whole book, but will have a ton for them all to learn from
>Suggest for places for Trunks and Bra to search out on Earth in order to learn Magic, as some might not have been destroyed by 17 and 18

What would y'all prefer? Let's try to set this at 15 minutes for voting. Feel free to put in your own suggestions.

>Change the Future
>Compiling together a short book

Suddenly magic might be enough to throw their Androids off guard.

>>Change the Future
>>Short Book

>Change the Future
>Compiling
Surely adding suggestions on where to train magic won't actually take more effort, though?

Yeah they don't really seem mutually exclusive.

Well as long as we don't try to write it drunk...

Of course, didn't mean to imply that. Just figured one would take priority. And again, feel free to add your own ideas.

We could suggest Lightning Mountain for Bra and Trunks to acquire Raio-ten and all the bonuses that come with that.

>Change the Future

Energy fog sounds like a worse version of spirit bits. In addition, fights tend to be highly mobile. A stationary Ki move sounds extremely situational.

>Compiling together a shortened book filled with the Magic you, Acer, Lapis, and Chuu Lee know via Materialization. Won't have the whole book, but will have a ton for them all to learn from

Also: have Gohan and Pantea learned the Raio-ken? Would having them visit the mountain with the lightning crown help any?

Raio-ken rather since Saiyans can't get -Ten.

Gohan used it in an attempt to save you last thread. Didn't get there in time, and turned his attention to Cold.

Do we know about the Hyperbolic Time Chamber yet? Could we possibly get them a session in there so they can get stronger before they have to return to their futures?

Could bring it up.

Writing...

We should do so then.

Also, has the idea of SSJ2 occurred to anyone? Don't want to metagame, but this is a good time for it to come up.

Only Trunks and Bra are even close to being able to unlock it strength-wise.

What was that thin Goku achieved in the Time Chamber in canon?

Where you make Super Saiyan incredibly efficient so that you can be in it all the time? That feels like the next step before SSJ2.

We don't need to power do so at this point, just for the method to occur to any of us.

Also, weren't we training our ryo-ken to last as long as possible? Or something along those lines? If we learned that lesson we could adapt it.

Because a scouter is something people wear.

That's exactly the trick I was on about

"Among these skills is the ever-useful Fusion Dance!" you announce, looking to Chi-chi.

"Probably should have tried it again during the fight..." she comments sadly. "But, yes, even as silly as it looks, its results are nothing to laugh at."

You notice Vegeta start to fly off, about to ask where he's going, though Raditz tells you to let him be. With a sigh, you and Chi-chi give Trunks and Bra a demonstration of it, and striking a pose once more as Machi. While initially confused by it, Trunks seems to gain a hopeful smile. "I... if I learn this skill, maybe me and Gohan could be able to use it together!"

Bra turns her head away. "Well, one of us is lucky enough for that..."

You frown at her. Ah... she really is all that's left in her timeline. Pantea, however, seems to brighten her spirits. "Well, Gohan and I have learned the basics of the technique, if we get the chance, I'd be honored to fuse with you if you'd let me." The purple-haired girl then winks at her. "Sis."

She looks at the other girl with hope on her face. "Thank you for that. Ah, sis."

"Aaaaand, adding to that, there's this extremely useful and versatile skill I've developed." your combined voices seem to swell with pride as you reveal it. "The Spirit Bits." You spend some time showing them off, demonstrating the barrier, shield, amplify, and Stinger.

"Of course, that's not to say she's the only one with techniques to show off." Acer adds, giving a snap of his fingers and bringing up an explosion a good distance above his head. "Right, Yamcha, Chuu Lee, Lapis?"

The three of them nod in agreement, each showing off some of the Magic they've learned. Yamcha's Burning Crusher, Chuu Lee's Shotenken, and Lapis' Dark Dragon Flame attack. Trunks and Bra are intrigued. Lapis, smirking slightly, then brings up, "Of course, I probably have something the two of you could get a lot of mileage out of."

(cont.)

"Ah, of course! That thing Buula did just now is a technique called Instant Transmission." you explain. "It can be used to teleport someone nearly instantaneously."

They show visible discomfort with this, but accept this offer as well. "So, when you say 'Equivalent...'" Trunks starts.

You nod. "Well, yeah, it's a technique exchange, and I'm sure you two have some good ones!"

They think this over, coming up with a few ones. The one that catches your eye the most is a special counter attack they have, which you could probably master easily given your speed and skills as Maple. Acer seems to take interest in Trunks' "Burning Attack" as well.

And to top it all off, you ask your friends to focus their minds on the Magic they've learned and developed, and put some thought into your own as Maple and materialize a tome for them to learn from. Not as dense as your own book, but something they could learn from at their leisure. Right as you're about to explain the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and Mount Rumble to them, Buula returns.

"I see you all have been pretty busy." she comments dryly. "All right, so the good news is that my boss will be willing to accept your help. But this will be on her terms. Furthermore..." she starts, eyes squinting at Gohan and Pantea. "You two are not going to use that Time Machine of yours any longer, until we can fix some of the issues it causes by usage."

"W-wait, are you saying we have to stay here?" Pantea asks in a near panic.

She shakes her head. "Quite the opposite. We'll take you back to your time. BUT, you will not return until we deem appropriate. Is that clear?"

Gohan and Pantea hang their heads. "Yes ma'am."

>A. Isn't that a bit harsh?
>B. Well, if their Time Machine really causes that many problems, can't help it...
>C. Something else?

>B. Well, if their Time Machine really causes that many problems, can't help it...
No getting testy with the nice time lords who can erase our existence.

>Gohan, I am very proud of you and will always love you. Pantea, you have grown into a fine woman.

I suppose they can drop them off at any point in time in their respective timelines, so them staying in this timeline probably won't be too big of a deal.

Supporting.

>B.
I can't really fault anyone involved in this. Time Kai is being lenient given we probably would get a Time Crash or something if this gets any more complicated than it already is.

Backing

>C. Something else?
"Hey Buula, I don't know if you'd know, but how is the timeline Goku and I changed doing?"

>C. "So Buula what your timeline like?"
then
>A. Isn't that a bit harsh?

Saying that to Gohan seems a bit weird, isn't he bulmas son?

Our Gohan, the redheaded one.

No the Gohan here is Maple's

>Gohan, Peppa, and Pantea
MapleXGoku timeline.

>Trunks
BulmaXGoku Timeline. Gohan is their other son that did not come with Trunks to this timeline.

>Bra
BulmaXVegeta Timeline

No, that's the Gohan that is our son, he came with Pantea. The person who came form the universe where Goku married Bulma was Trunks, whose brother is also named Gohan.
Multidimensional travel is wierd

Right right right. Fucking time travel confuses me.

I'll also second this: I'm curious to see how alternate Saiyans and Tuffles are doing on planet Plant.

This, with an added,
>Should we expect any grandkids from you and Pantea?

We aren't entirely sure of their relationship so instead of name dropping how bout

>Should we expect any grandkids after the whole ordeal is over?

Sure, that works

I wonder if Maple and Goku could go help out Gohan and Pantea in their timeline for a bit while training our kids?

I think everyone is strictly grounded when it comes to Time Travel for a bit.

Equivalent Exchange though, this timeline wouldn't still be without Gohan's and Pantea's help in particular.

>C. -telepathically after scanning- Son, you know it's okay with me that you swing THAT way...

You sigh. As much as you'd like to help them on this, this probably is the best given what you've been told. Pantea seems to look through her pockets for something, pulling out a few Capsules. She hands one over to Buula. "I'm... really sorry about all this."

She takes the Capsule and sighs. "You both do have the best of intentions. We'll help you as we can."

Acer tilts his head. "You know, there's something more to all this. Yeah I get that this is going to be a problem for Time Travelers, but is that all?"

Buula looks at him and... seems to recall something awful. Her eyes widen, expression becomes one of despair for a brief moment, before she shakes her head. "...there are things in dead and broken timelines that we never want to see come back."

The air suddenly feels colder around you as a chill travels down your spine. There's an uncomfortably long pause that you decide to willingly break by approaching Gohan, hugging him tight. "Son, before you go I just want to say that I'm very proud of you and I'll always love you. We both are, right Goku?"

(cont.)

youtube.com/watch?v=YIcuOCFBM28

As you release Gohan from your hug, Goku wraps his arm around the boy's shoulder. "You bet we are! Don't you give up, son, we'll be rooting for you! As best we can!"

Gohan's eyes water as he hugs the two of you tight. "Thank you. Both of you."

"And tell Peppa that too! Both of you stay strong." you say with a smile. You then glance at Pantea for a moment. "...so, should we be expecting any grandkids after your whole ordeal is over?"

You see the boy's face go a bright red color. "M-mom... please..." he mumbles, embarrassed.

With a ruffle of Gohan's hair, you laugh. "Had to. Matchmaker Maple always knows when to strike." you tease. "Pantea, you take care too! You've grown into a fine young woman."

Yamcha pats the girl on the shoulders. "You really have. So proud of you, kiddo. You sure you don't want to say your goodbyes to your mom before you leave?"

Pantea chuckles softly. "Kind of did already. But thanks, dad."

"Oh, wait, one more thing!" you ask. "Buula, about... where Goku and I visited... do you know how it's doing?"

She shakes her head. "I don't. But... given that I don't recall many people having to deal with issues there, I'm sure things are working out well."

Trunks and Bra start to head off as well. "Again, thank you all for this. You... might not have been our intended destination, but I'd count this visit as a blessing."

>A. You all sure you have to leave already?
>B. Take care!
>C. Something else?

>C. -telepathically scan his reaction- (Yuuuup, he's into dudes. Can't say I blame him, dohohohohoho!)

[Cricket's intensify]

>A. Oh shush, I bet it's been ages since you all had a decent meal.
>-Fuse into Machi, DINNER TIME-

>A

Surely they have enough time to stay for dinner. Even Buula! I bet they don't serve homecooked meals in the time patrol.

Hey, one of our kids is gay, and I'm betting it's the one who spends so much time on his outfit.

Supporting!

Nah Peppa is totally gay.

This

What about her beastman/alien harem of boyfriends to buy her stuff?

Double dubs confirm

Should we set her up with Space Monkies Bra?

Does that Bra still have a tail?

If you wait a day you can literally get a year of training in.

Clearly it's a beastwoman/alien harem of girlfriends.

Nah, wouldn't work, the male sex is far easier to exploit for cash and goods, and if there's one thing we passed down to our kids, it's "survival by any means necessary."

And I JUST NOW noticed that the mention of the fusion wearing off didn't get copied.

Damn it all.

You defused before Buula showed up.

Anyway, roll me 1d20, best of five. DC is 18.