Oh shiiieeet

oh shiiieeet

do you think this will be good?

fantasyflightgames.com/en/doom-showcase/

It's FFG and the underlying Descent/IA system is pretty good, so probably. I intend to demo it at GenCon and find out.

Is it going to have titty demons?

user. leave your dick at home.

So, it is basically the 2nd edition?

If it isn't I'll be disappointed. The original Doom game is great.

From what I've seen it's mechanically similar but with updates to mirror Doom 4's pace and style.

Meh. Would be more interesting if it was the original Doom.

Loved that game to death but holy shit the dice were bad. As in, they weren't engraved and the painting began to chip off the more you rolled them.

I know they did upgrade them with engraved dice eventually but man, that made me sad.

This is giving me flashbacks to playing Frag.

>NOT PLAYING A FAITHFULL ULTIMATE DOOM BOARD GAME CONVERTION

The ultimate doom game even use, a table with random numbers where you get the next number each time you need one.
So even the "dice" will be 100% true to the game

Hooooooooly fuck I never knew I wanted this until now. Git hype

I will buy it for the minis.

Yup. And guess who didn't manage to buy those engraved ones in time. I hope this game comes with the same dice and I'll be able to buy a set, because I really want to play more of that game but without the dice it's pointless.

it's FFG. Most likely it will be good but there is a small chance it's flaming semen coated garbage.

>one of your sqaudmates are actually demons

It's basically the same game but made it better by the improvements that ffg made to the system in this years. Doom 2004 -> Descent 1st ed -> Descent 2nd ed -> Imperial Assault and now Doom 2016

such a thing exists?

>secretly every player is the demons

You think they'll do another Gears of War game when the new one of that comes out later in the year as well?

FFG know their shit, so it will be at least solid.

No.
Doom is good because of the fast gameplay and visceral animations, a tabletop game can replicate neither.

Looks suspiciously like Decent which I hate but we'll see.

>Doom is good because of the fast gameplay and visceral animations, a tabletop game can replicate neither.
A boardgame usually won't try to copy the vidya 1:1, cause then you might as well just play the computer game.
That aside you can make a boardgame FPS, as Chainsaw Warrior has proven.

Anyway I only heard good things about the first Doom game. I also heard that the Battlestar Galactica and Xcom Games by FFG were pretty good.

Don't expect this to be any different. FFG is sure to deliver at least a decent game.

>FFG
This kills the hype. They make decent RPGs but their board games are generally trash. I don't believe this will be an exception.

Poor John. At least he got to be on the ships.

>such a thing exists?
Nope but it wouldnt be hard to do.
If I understood the ultimate doom source code, I would do it

>cause then you might as well just play the computer game
To play the computer game you need energy.
As some example you wont be able to play doom at a post apocalipse world

>To play the computer game you need energy.
>As some example you wont be able to play doom at a post apocalipse world
Is it necessary to explain why your arguments are far fetched and not relevant?

Not this year but they will most likely release one if the vidyia is successfull.