Dragonball Quest #64

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a sixteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

King Piccolo

>>youtube.com/watch?v=hzYw9NaxE9g

It is time

Goku was right, the radar doesn't help much.

The faint glow of the device does allow you to see a short distance in front of you, but hardly enough to keep navigating from being an irritating chore. In the two minutes you and your friend have wandered through the dark, you've walked into three walls, tripped over two stoned, and you aren't sure, but you think a bat might have pooped on your head.

It's not a good situation.

The two of you really have nothing to go on other than the radar, which says that the Dragonball is pretty much right on top of you. Or, under you, more likely.

"Tofoo, do you know what the others are doing?" Goku asks from behind you. "Master Roshi and Tenshinhan?"

>A. No idea

>B. Probably something with the Dragonballs

>C. Something else

>>A. No idea

>A. No idea

>A. No idea

>A. No idea

"No idea," you answer, struggling to see in the dark and avoid any further injuries.

The darkness quickly begins to fade as light enters the underground labyrinth. All around you, previously unseen torches spring to life, giving you more than enough illumination to see where you're going.

Good thing, too, as you'd nearly fallen into a deep pit.

"Hey, who turned the lights on?" Goku asks, looking around with a puzzled expression.

If Tambourine is here like Goku thinks, you suppose he could have done it. In that case, this is probably a trap.

Of course, Darkness could have done it as well. And, in that case, this is also likely a trap. It seems that no matter the reasoning for this supposed blessing, it bodes poorly for the safety of you and Goku.

Overcoming his curiosity, Goku seems to remember the dangerous situation you're both in, and maybe even realize that this could be a trap. He walks to your side, readying himself to draw his Power Pole.

The two of you stare into the darkness, which could very literally be staring back into you. Despite not seeing anything, you feel incredibly unnerved.

"Should we keep going?" Goku asks.

>A. That's the only thing you can do

>B. You think that's a bad idea, maybe you should go back

>C. Ask what he thinks

>D. Something else

>C. Ask what he thinks

>>A. That's the only thing you can do

"Well, we might end up getting even more lost if we head back in the dark again."
>C. Ask what he thinks

"It's the only thing we can do," you tell Goku, pushing aside whatever fear may be bubbling up inside you and stepping deeper into the dark.

For a while, you see nothing, but there's an ever-present feeling of being watched. Goku glances around, searching for any potential attacks. The two of you are prepared to spring into action at any moment.

Other than the sounds of your footsteps, the underground maze is silent. But that silence is soon shattered by a yell.

Spinning in the direction of the noise, you and Goku spot a familiar looking beam of light exploding from the darkness and heading right for you.

>A. Dodge! (40)

>B. Block and endure it

>C. Deflect it into the ceiling (60)

>D. Deflect it back where it came from (70)

>E. Something else

>A. Dodge! (40)

>A. Dodge! (40)

>>A. Dodge! (40)

ROLL

Rolled 74 (1d100)

Rolled 82 (1d100)

Rolled 23 (1d100)

Rolled 13 (1d100)

Rolling

You leap out of the way, managing to evade the blast, which detonates in an explosion that shakes the cavern around you.

Landing on your feet, you peer into the darkness, watching as a figure steps out of the shadows.

Your heartbeat picks up and your blood boils as you see the face of your attacker. He wears the same smirk you saw from him last time, that infuriating smirk that you want to violently remove from his face.

Goku growls next to you, just as angry as you are.

"Well, isn't this a surprise?" Tambourine asks. "And here I thought that I'd killed you both. I was wondering who was stupid enough to follow me here, but I never imagined it was either of you."

He laughs. "Perfect! I had so much fun pummeling you last time, it will be nice to enjoy it again."

"You're going to pay for what you did to Krillin!" Goku vows.

"Yes, you said that last time," Tambourine replies. "It didn't work out for you. You should have considered yourself lucky to be alive, gone and hid. This time you won't escape from me."

>A. Tell him that together you and Goku will crush him

>B. Warn that the last time he fought you, you were both injured and tired

>C. Charge and attack!

>D. Prepare to defend yourself

>E. Kamehameha

>F. Something else

>C. Charge and attack!
KURIRIN

>A. Tell him that together you and Goku will crush him
>>B. Warn that the last time he fought you, you were both injured and tired

>>C. Charge and attack!

Instead of wasting time with words and banter, you decide to attack as hard and fast as you can. You break into a charge and rush toward Tambourine.

The creature's eyes go wide, clearly shocked at the difference in speed between now and the last time you fought him. His guard is down, probably due to surprise, leaving him wide open for a devastating attack.

But, before you can reach him, two similar attacks shoot from the shadows at either side of him, heading right at you.

Stopping dead in your tracks, you cross your arms in front of your body, blocking the attacks and keeping them from doing any serious damage.

You let out a hiss from the sting of the attacks, lowering your arms and getting into a fighting stance, preparing to defend yourself.

Two more creatures emerge from the shadows, each looking vaguely similar to Tambourine, but also somewhat different.

They each have similar bodies to Tambourine, with green skin and large wings, but they're each a bit larger. One has a long, fat tail and a face like a pterodactyl. The other has a shorter, skinnier tail and a face like a lizard.

"You haven't met my brothers before, have you?" Tambourine asks.

The two creatures beside him chuckle darkly.

>A. Ask if there are any more of them here

>B. Ask the creatures their names

>C. Charge and attack! (90)

>D. Go on the defensive (60)

>E. Retreat back to Goku and work with him to fend the creatures off (50)

>F. Bear Shout

>G. Kamehameha

>H. Something else

>A. Ask if there are any more of them here
>E. Retreat back to Goku and work with him to fend the creatures off (50)

Now I'm a bit confused. Darkness works by pulling people out from our memories. But since we've never seen these guys before that has to mean they're really here i guess?

Maybe, maybe not

Well shit I feel like I jumped the gun on that C but we can't back down

ROLL

Rolled 27 (1d100)

Rolled 58 (1d100)

Rolling

Rolled 1 (1d100)

PFFFTT

Mmm Mmm Mm. I love it when our 3 rolls don't even total 100

Fuck

That's unfortunate

Welp looks like it's up to Goku to save the world again

Man if we make it out of this alive we need to kick our training into overdrive

What should we focus on this time we need to plan ahead, the best would be if we get trained by kami like Goku or at the same time preferably

You drop back into a defensive stance, bracing yourself to fight all three of these enemies.

Tambourine laughs, leading the charge, and the three demons take to the air, swooping down and surrounding you before striking.

Against one of these creatures, you could have successfully defended yourself, but against three, all you can do is buy yourself a few seconds.

Tambourine attacks from the front, striking swiftly with his clawed hands, and not getting frustrated as you parry each move.

The other two join in the assault, and you're only able to block a few strikes before the lizard creature punches you in the back of the head, knocking you off-balance. Tambourine takes advantage and kicks you in the jaw, throwing you off your feet, and letting the pterodactyl creature elbow you down to the ground.

"HAAAAAA!!!" you hear Goku shout.

The creatures look in his direction, then cry out in surprise, scattering as a Kamehameha Wave shoots right over you, slamming into the far wall and causing the entire cavern to shake once again.

Chunks of rock fall from the ceiling above, and you barely avoid a particularly large bit of it as you roll back and get to your feet.

The demons have retreated back into the dark, but you know they're around, waiting to strike.

You stand back to back with Goku as the two of you search for your foes.

>A. Fire your light shot, and guide it around to find your foes

>B. Plant your feet firmly and muster your strongest defense (80)

>C. Charge into the dark

>D. Something else

>>A. Fire your light shot, and guide it around to find your foes

Second this

You hold your palms out toward the dark, gathering pieces of that warmth within you and unleashing a small bit in a ball of light.

The ball shoots into the darkness, illuminating a large portion of it. In that lit-up space, you can see a large wing. But, apparently realizing that it's been spotted, the creature the wing belongs to retreats into the dark.

Moving your hands, you guide your Light Shot in the direction of the disappearing creature, revealing the location of the pterodactyl-like demon.

Seeing that its cover has been blown, the creature yells in frustration, diving down toward you in an effort to attack.

>A. Stop focusing on your Light Shot, strike when the creature gets close (40)

>B. Bear Shout before it reaches you, and continue using your Light Shot to find the others (60)

>C. Stop using your Light Shot, and use the Bear Claw attack (60)

>D. Stop using your Light Shot, and go on the defensive (30)

>E. Something else

>B. Bear Shout before it reaches you, and continue using your Light Shot to find the others (60)

>>B. Bear Shout before it reaches you, and continue using your Light Shot to find the others (60)

ROLL

Rolled 23 (1d100)

Rolled 31 (1d100)

Rolled 57 (1d100)

Rolled 43 (1d100)

Here comes another 1

Rolled 38 (1d100)

Well, I came at a bad time

Are we doing partial successes yet?

Just end us will never be good enough to fight any of these guys

Don't take away a lack of strength of this, take away that sometimes you need to choose your strategies more wisely, those rolls would have succeeded had you chosen A or D, but you went with the more difficult and risky option, and in this case, that didn't pay off

So what you're saying is that we have to minmax Tofoo with training after this? One day in the gravity chamber in the hyperbolic time chamber, one day out, repeat?

>Gary Busey with tits doing his very best Midori days cosplay.

That's a lot of shit I never expected to see together.

You open your mouth wide, preparing to use your Bear Shout technique while also continuing to navigate your Light Shot.

Unfortunately, with your focus split between the two techniques, you're unable to attack in time, and the demon is able to strike.

With your swift speed, you're able to move enough to avoid serious damage, but not enough to avoid being hit altogether. One of the creature's claws cuts into your cheek, drawing blood and leaving a nice-sized wound.

You're forced to stop using your Light Shot as you spin around to face the demon, which has landed and turned to face you. Instinctively, you move back to gain some distance.

The creature comes after you, attacking once again.

>A. Defend (30)

>B. Defend and counter (35)

>C. Meet his attack (40)

>D. Something else

>>B. Defend and counter (35)

>D. Leave the Demons to Goku. Kid's trying to steal our gains? He already stole our parents.

That bitterness

Unbecoming of one who wants to drink the water

ROLL

Rolled 68 (1d100)

fuck the piccolo minions

Rolled 41 (1d100)

Rolled 42 (1d100)

I'm not bitter, I'm just trying to defend our gainz.

Falling back to your standard defensive strategy, you wait for the demon to reach you, parrying his first attack and countering with a knee to the jaw.

As the creature's chin shoots up, leaving its body wide open, you lower your knee and use your leg to deliver a powerful kick to his midsection, throwing him off of his feet and onto the ground.

Meanwhile, the other two demons attack with more waves of light, targeting Goku from the shadows. Your friend leaps into the air, and the two demons rush at him.

Goku swings his Power Pole, clocking the lizard demon over the head, but Tambourine quickly closes in, clobbering Goku first by kneeing him in the face, then using a double-axe-handle to send him crashing down on the ground.

The lizard demon lands in a crouch, picking himself up and going after your friend.

Your opponent rises, hissing before leaping at you.

"DIE!"

>A. Bear Shout before he can reach you (60)

>B. Dodge and Bear Shout (40)

>C. Defend and counter again (40)

>D. Jump up and attack (50)

>E. Something else

>>B. Dodge and Bear Shout (40)

>D. Jump up and attack
Attack via suplex

ROLL

Rolled 43 (1d100)

Rolled 40 (1d100)

Rolled 72 (1d100)

Goku may need your help, so you need to end this quickly. You hold your ground as the creature descends on you, but prepare your Bear Shout technique.

The creature strikes, aiming for your throat, but only manages to slice through an Afterimage. You appear above it, and while it is both distracted and surprised, you strike.

Opening your mouth wide and letting out a yell, you unleash a wave of light from your gullet, striking the creature in the back with its full power.

The results are devastating, and the creature is slammed against the ground before the blast detonates. The demon roars in pain, going still.

If it isn't dead, it's at least momentarily crippled.

Behind you, you hear Goku yell in pain. It seems the two demons are beginning to get the better of him.

>A. Help Goku immediately

>B. Finish off the demon, then help Goku

Choose wisely

If you just help him, you'll get ganged up on.

>B. Finish of the Demon, then help Goku
This way his zenkai will make up for the fact that it's our water, dammit

>>A. Help Goku immediately
Darkness would want us to choose this I think.

Rather avoid Goku ending up like Krillin

You have chosen well

Turning away from your fallen foe, you see Goku punch away the lizard demon, only for Tambourine to kick him in the jaw, then in the gut.

Goku falls to the ground, and Tambourine readies for a claw strike, the beast's hand glowing as he readies for the kill.

With a yell, you launch yourself at the demon, kicking him in the face and sending him flying off into the darkness.

Landing in front of Goku, you turn and bend down to help him up, only for the pterodactyl demon to kick you in the face, knocking you back.

Goku strikes at the creature's legs, causing it to fall, and you kick up with both legs, hitting it in the head as it falls with all your might.

You hear its neck snap, and its broken body flies away, falling limply to the ground.

Goku climbs to his feet, and you do the same, searching for the two remaining demons, who are hiding in the darkness once more.

"Any ideas?" Goku asks.

>A. The same trick you both used in the tournament; move with enough speed to make it look like you've disappeared

>B. Try the Light Shot trick again

>C. You think you see something out of the corner of your eye (stop searching for your opponents and look at it)

>D. Tell him to just keep his guard up and get ready for the next attack

>C. You think you see something out of the corner of your eye (stop searching for your opponents and look at it)
I hope it's Yajirobe

>A.
Hope I am not late

>A. The same trick you both used in the tournament; move with enough speed to make it look like you've disappeared