sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>Package Character Creator
firewallagency.wordpress.com/

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>Ander's Sandberg's Eclipse Phase fanmade content, including several modules
aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>Farcast: An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
mediafire.com/download/dhqd1m83xc1wmpj/Farcast_Yearblog_2013.pdf
>The Ultimate's Guide to Combat
eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf

/EPG/ HOMEBREW CONTENT
docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mzAQu23t19A
youtube.com/watch?v=qMP4R3Jzmm8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>TFW the only ancap hab in EP is de facto a minarchist state.

There are plenty of lesser habs in the belt that operate on an extropian model without pirate queen

>Implying Nova York doesn't exist

Found out about this recently, got really interested. Just started reading through the Quick Rules, sounds like a very fun system.

How breakable is the system? Is it well designed?

How broken are you talking? There's nothing remotely close to Omnicifer or Pun-Pun in terms of broken-ness.

You can definitely optimize a character, and there's a gulf between someone who's specialized heavily in something versus someone who's less built for it, but this doesn't break the game.

I've never personally felt that the game got broken by certain characters or gear combos.

Adding to this, I think the system is fairly well designed. There's a number of places where it's kind of strange, or feels a little thin (as the setting covers so much) but I think it has a lot of hidden functionality as well.

Alright, thanks.

>How broken are you talking?

Like, contradicting rules, systems that can be gamed, design oversights, etc.

Apparently it's a well play tested system, so I don't think I have anything to worry about.

In the Quick-Start rules, it says a character has a technically infinite amount of Quick Actions to use on his turn, as much as the GM deems appropriate.

Then, when failing a Wound or Trauma test, the character has to spend a Quick Action to get back up or regain focus. So, what exactly are they expending here, since Quick Actions aren't being counted? Do you have to choose between multiple Quick Actions OR a Complex Action every action phase?

It's a theoretical distinction. Your GM can practically adjust how many Quick Actions you can perform based on what you're doing, so if it doesn't make sense for you to say, jump up and then jog back a couple meters and aim all at once based on the situation then they can cut you off at any particular point which is appropriate.

How far back in the settings timeline would it be for people to basically use really high end Pods and keep the flat bodies with plenty of cybernetic enhancements (i.e. bio-mods and a few cyberlimbs)?

It's not even minarchist, Extropy owns the entire hab and just rents pieces of it to other people. It's like Communist China: you don't own land, you just lease it from the State.

If you don't take a complex action and aren't engaged in a task action, you get at least 3 quick actions. If you are doing either of those things, you get a minimum of one.

Most GM's I've played with have either used these as both minimums and maximums, or allowed those numbers, plus as many as make sense to do simultaneously as that.

GM's who use those as maximums tend to ignore quick actions like detailed perception or similar though.

There's some minor oversights, like what exactly non-flexbots with shape adjusting or modular design can do, or whether the Thrust Vector mobility system requires oxygen to burn or any kind of gas atmosphere at all. Nothing not easily ruled by a GM on the spot I think.

Combat is kinda wonky, thanks to how valuable going first is, and weapons are not balanced in a game-y way.

I don't recall any points where the rules contradict each other, but I might be forgetting minor things.

Pods existed as far back as 40 BF, but didn't become common until 20 BF. That makes them about as old as genetically engineered humans, but makes them predate resleeving by at least a decade.

Essentially the devs looked at the mess that is the action economy in D&D and friends and decided that, rather than creating an elaborate hierarchy of different action types, they would just have a category of things you could only do once per turn (complex actions) and leave everything else up to the discretion of the GM.

I'm new to EP, and really only have a first hand reading of the lore and mechanics. I wish to run a game or campaign of EP but don't really know where to start or how to get into reading and running one correctly.

Perhaps it is just me but the book is a bit confusing with how it orders its subject matter compared to what I am used to.

>Combat is kinda wonky, thanks to how valuable going first is, and weapons are not balanced in a game-y way.

Hmm, I see, but that sounds like it's intended to be like that, right?

Like, someone really fast is obvious to have an advantage in a combat situation, and powerful guns are obviously going to do a lot of damage.

I don't mind simulationism taking over gamism in settings, as long as the rules are doing what they were meant to do.

Those points are a thing in games like Dark Heresy and Shadowrun, too, but when I play those games I never get the feeling that I'm struggling to make it work, things flow as if they're working as intended.

Something like Exalted, for example, has wonky as shit combat, AND it rarely feels like it's working as intended. Aside from that, the game has tons of skills and abilities that make other skills and abilities redundant, or conflict with how some other rules are supposed to work. This is what I mean when I ask if a system is broken.

Dark Heresy and the like are a far cry from Eclipse Phase

In DH low level characters will struggle to accomplish basically anything, and the smallest negative modifier will make success impossible

In Eclipse Phase your character starts the game with enough skill points, gear, traits and equipment to have a minimum 60 percent chance of success on basically anything important to you, and when you add gear modifiers and a few other things you can do with knowledge of the system you can easily boost that up to 80 or 90 percent, if not higher

One of the reasons going first is so important is that, barring a very lucky roll and either your opponent rolling poorly or you spending moxie (the game's metacurrency, like Fate points in the Warhammer RPGs) it's very, very hard to avoid getting shot, since with a decent weapon skill, a laser sight or smartlink (which basically comes free with every weapon), taking a simple action to aim and using a burst to enhance your chance to hit, they'll be rolling at 90 percent. Meanwhile your defense skill is automatically halved, meaning you have to roll both below that and above whatever they rolled. Things like cover and range penalties can reduce their stack of positive modifiers somewhat, but you'll basically always be rolling against 45 or less versus their 60 or more.

For lore, I didn't really get into it from the core book. Reading Sunward, Panopticon, and Rimward was better IMO. Between the three of them they cover basically everything the core book does, but in more detail. Gatecrashing is fun, but basically its own thing.

It's worth noting that forcing the enemy to take penalties to shoot you really boosts the odds of a Fray check succeeding a lot, but the odds are pretty poor normally.

That said, cover is super good, as it causes penalties to shoot you, and gives you a fuck-ton of extra armor.

I agree with you, I just wanted to add a bit of detail.

Right, but does the game feel like it was made to have realistic firearm lethality, or does it seem like the defense/dodging mechanic doesn't work as intended?

It's hard to dodge bullets, which is probably what the developers intended. Shooting someone before they shoot you is the best defense, which feels in keeping with what combat is supposed to feel like. Getting shot hurts and without armor can be enough to instantly knock you down, knock you out or kill you. Hand to hand fighting is basically useless due to the abysmal damage output and smaller number of attacks per turn, along with how much easier it is to dodge than gunfire, but that also makes sense with the way the combat rules work, even if it means several entire skill categories are totally outclassed.

Han Solo it up in combat.

Alright, that sounds pretty cool actually. It's like a micro-managed lethality. If you get shot, you're probably fucked anyways, now let's roll and see just HOW fucked.

I'm used to systems being either really forgiving, or just "kek ur ded" lethal, so this is all pretty cool.

Basically the way it plays out (for gunfire, which is much more common than melee combat in my experience) is:

If you get hit its generally hard to dodge. Basically you get half your defense skill versus their full weapon skill. You have to roll under half your defense skill rating (which is generally going to be 30-40% in practice), AND you have to roll higher than what they rolled to attack you.

If they roll a 23 to hit, and your Fray/2 is 30 (which means you had 60 Fray, a fairly good skill), you have a 10% chance to dodge. (You could roll higher than them, or roll 00, 11, 22, which would be a critical success which beats any other kind of success).

Rolling a 23 to attack isn't an impressive roll though, as getting 70%+ chances to hit is pretty easy. (For example, 60 Kinetic weapons, +10 from Smartlink [All guns have them], +10 from a quick action to aim get you 80%).

That means that if you have a 30% Fray chance, the majority of attacks which hit you cannot be dodged without a critical success. (Which is 3% at 30 Fray/2).

If you're in cover, the enemy takes a penalty to hit (typically between -10 and -20), which can make your Fray check worth more, as you'll actually be able to win the roll off more often. More importantly, cover gives you armor equal to 2x the armor rating of what you're taking cover behind.

Wooden or polymer walls are worth 20 AP (Heavy body armor with a full helmet is 16 AP), reinforced or armored cover can typically give you enough armor that enemies need to Called Shot you to hurt you with common small arms. (Airbursting seekers and Torches typically don't care about cover). Called shots make you less likely to be hit, but don't really change your odds of successfully dodging fire.

Taking hits HURTS. People who aren't using morphs optimized for combat have a >50% chance of losing consciousness after a single good hit. Combat morphs often need to be reduced to 0 DUR to take them out, which takes several hits.

CONT:

Basically, when the shooting starts anyone who isn't specced for combat is either useless or dead.

However, the things necessary to be useful in a fight (high initiative, high speed, high Moxie, good armor and a high damage weapon with a 60+ chance to hit) are either useful for a bunch of other things (Moxie) or cheap enough that they can be bolted on to basically any character (everything else)

There are also a few options that relatively combat-poor characters can take which will make mincemeat of most typical foes: shock weapons or anything with a stun effect can quickly KO almost any biomorph, while overload grenades can do the same and have the added bonus of affecting synths as well.

Also, unless your GM takes the time to build every NPC like they would a PC, not everyone you fight is going to be as powerful, armed and skilled as you. Eclipse Phase assumes that the player characters are more powerful than the average transhuman, in terms of both skills, morphs and gear.

Also, fighting is a small part of most campaigns. Unless you're going on a Zone Stalk, a crawl through a hostile exoplanet or an Eraser mission, you might not have to draw a gun at all.

>cover gives you armor equal to 2x the armor rating of what you're taking cover behind.

Does it actually, or is it only when they're attempting to shoot through it, rather than shoot you around it?

Also, for some reason shooting from behind cover is itself a penalty to the firer

Thanks, user, that was very concise and helpful. Sounds like a very cool system.

I'm getting pretty hyped to try out "Mind the WMD" with my group already, but we won't be able to play until two weeks from now. Are there any films, games or books that will scratch this space-faring transhumanist itch I've just developed?

Start with Altered Carbon, it's the book the setting was based on

After that it depends on which part of the world you're interested in

The system does combat where you really want cover quite well. It can get kind of messy if a lot of people are delaying actions, as chain-interrupts can get confusing, and people often want to delay actions for interrupts.

Melee combat is weak. You get full Fray (most of the time), and attackers only get 1 attack instead of the 2 common for ranged attacks. You can also use melee combat skills like you would Fray representing parries rather than dodges.

That said, if melee attacks land, they can do a lot of damage, as getting the extra damage from multiple weapons is really easy. Melee combat tends to be a lot of unsuccessful hits, and then a single good one which inflicts a wound. There's a few ways to make melee ok. The best is probably a combat swarmanoid, where your melee attacks are actually 5000-10,000 robotic bees acting as one.

Wounds are the reason is right. You take a wound every time a single attack deals more than 1/5 of your total DUR (HP) at once. Each wound causes a -10 penalty to everything, a -1 penalty to initiative, and have to save vs falling down/dropping things. Taking 2+ wounds from 1 attack means an additional check vs losing consciousness (which is how most people go down). There's several pieces of gear which let you ignore wound penalties, up to ignoring three. These are an important part of a combat morph.

Luckily, medical care is really good, so getting a morph shot up really badly generally only takes a day or two to completely recover from.

Everything here is true. Save and/or suck effects are fairly common, but typically have some kind of countermeasure you can use.

Shooting through it, shooting around it is what called shots or delayed actions are for. (I think, those rules are kind of vague). In my experience most people stay completely behind cover (if they can), and only pop out during their turn to look around and shoot.

Hah! I actually have it on my kindle, got it months ago and forgot about it, I guess I'll start reading it as soon as possible.

I've seen people recommending Dollhouse and Ergo Proxy too, I guess I'll give those a try.

>Shooting through it, shooting around it is what called shots or delayed actions are for. (I think, those rules are kind of vague). In my experience most people stay completely behind cover (if they can), and only pop out during their turn to look around and shoot.

It seems like if this were the case, everyone would get behind cover, and anytime anyone popped out there would be nobody to shoot, since everyone else would be behind something. The only way to hit anyone would be to be on the top of the initiative pile and hold an action until someone else popped out. This would make it so nobody ever popped out of cover, and combat would only advance by either shooting through it or using seekers, torches, grenades, etc to shoot around it

So basically Infinity

So basically real life

If waiting for people to pop out was replaced with suppressing fire (I wish suppressing fire was good in EP) you'd be fairly close to real firefights, so that's a good word for the system.

But yeah, that's what combat often ends up being when people are really familiar with the system, and easy access to cover.

>Rolling Fray vs Beam Weapons is done at 1/4 or they're just impossible to dodge, to reflect the near-instantaneous (light speed) impact of the beam, and to make them a little less awful

Y/N?

How is the speed of a bullet compared pulses of light effectively significant and different in a combat timeframe?

>no need to lead your target
>no need to account for bullet drop, wind conditions or other things that would affect the path of a kinetic round

Shooting through applies ONLY when you're trying to shoot at someone you can't see who is completely behind a solid structure.

If you're taking cover, but still engaged in combat, you only apply the normal cover penalty to the attackers roll.

I guess I would rule that it is a quick action to get under or pop out of cover, so you wouldn't be able to aim and shoot after doing that.

>People quickly shooting bursts of barely aimed fire from behind cover before ducking back

Again, actually a solid approximation of a real shootout

Yeah, I wasn't saying it wasn't, I was just clearing up any rules confusions.

The thing is, I'd rule getting up from behind cover is a quick action, so if you use a complex action, you wouldn't be able to get back into cover in the same action phase. That solves the "everyone is always behind cover" problem. Alternatively, you can always try to blind fire from behind cover.

>Try to blind fire from behind cover
>When every weapon has smartlink

Affected by mists, rain and other particulate interference, including the bits of your target youve just vapourised making sustained fire less effective.

A smart link is just an aiming reticule that appears in the users field of view. It's basically a laser sight that appears only for you, and gives you range and other meta information.

>the bits of your target youve just vapourised making sustained fire less effective.

This may be true, but under actions and combat complications we have

>Concentrated Fire
>A character firing a semi-auto beam weapon who hits with the first attack may choose to keep the beam on and concentrate their fire, cooking the target. In this case, the character foregoes their second semi-auto attack with that Complex Action, but automatically bolsters the DV of the first attack by x 2. This decision must be made before the damage dice are rolled.

It's one of the few benefits to beam weapons: the ability to combine the damage from two attacks into a single roll versus armor, instead of rolling both separately.

Huh, well, then I don't know.

You're probably not dodging the bullet as is, rather you're moving out of its trajectory, hopefully before the shooter pulls the trigger.

Which is to say that beam or bullet, you'll be hit if you are in front of the gun when it fires, regardless of how fast the projectile is.

Unless you actually rule that Fray X (60+?) means you have supersonic reflexes, which i mean is cool and all but maybe not exactly intended.

That really doesn't matter at short range, and in any case, doesn't make it easier to dodge.

That could work, but seems like quite a restrictive simple action. I think it would make more sense to split it between action phases like movement is. I find that kind of inconvenient to track, but it is interesting.

So you can use a single simple action to peek, but you won't actually be back in cover until your next action phase. This does the same thing, but, but you don't need to use another simple action next phase to be back in cover. This should allow the peek-and-shoot thing to happen without basically ignoring initiative.

>doesn't make it easier to dodge.

It makes it harder to dodge, which is why I suggested 1/4 or even making it impossible to dodge at all

According to the rules for Mental Speed, the augmentation allows you to
>track the paths of bullets and similar fast-moving objects with a successful Perception Test.
So it isn't out of the question that there is an element of actual dodging to Fray

Tracking is one thing, but can the morph you're in move and respond that fast?

It isn't clear from the books. There are some asinine rules about prorating your movement across multiple speed phases, which indicates that it doesn't physically increase your movement speed. On the other hand, the fact that speed phases exist at all and give you extra actions over people without them suggests that you are moving inhumanly fast, 2, 3 or even 4 times faster than normal humans.

I don't think anyone is actually dodging fired bullets in EP. I think Fray represents doing your best to stay outside of someone's gunsight, rather than dodging their bullets. Mental speed makes you able to think fast enough to see bullets, but doesn't make you physically move faster (it doesn't give a Fray bonus).

If that's the case, than it doesn't really matter what you're aim-dodging, as you're really avoiding being intersected by an imaginary vector coming out of the barrel/lens.

Now Transhuman are probably really fast, so I'm gonna try to crunch some numbers.

710 m/s is a reasonable number for a bullet speed. (They're probably a bit faster in EP, but whatever).

If you shoot at someone 100 meters away, it'll take about .14 seconds to reach them. This is about half the time to takes for someone to send a signal which moves a finger tip, so it cannot be dodged by a modern human after it is fired.

A laser covers that same distance in 333 ns, so a vastly shorter time. Eclipse Phase laser weapons are pulsed though, and a pulse (according to Atomic Rockets) could reasonably be .005 seconds, which is longer, but still really short.

Now, and Eclipse Phase human has a faster nervous system than a modern human, especially if they have Reflex Boosters or maybe a few other things installed. Especially combined with mental speed, it starts to become reasonable, that you could move at least a small amount after a bullet it fired. It might be possible to "twitch" so a laser's pulses make less of a deep wound as well.

Additionally, there would be no way to tell when a laser weapon was fired until it hit you except for a physical trigger pull, which is optional (skinlink).

I think there's some allowence for beams being harder to dodge than bullets, but only with a really crazy interpretation of how fast people are, which is cool, but isn't necessarily in the setting. I do wish speed was better explained with just how much faster you are.

Yeah but thats mental speed. Its just that your brain can process whats going on on a level that makes reality seem slow. It does nothing for your ability to dodge anything. It gives you initiative cause it shortens your decision loop and an extra 'in your head' complex action.

To move out of the way of a bullet when it has been fired you'd need to be at relatively long range (where beam weapons could get an advantage) or move at super sonic speeds anywhere remotely close to the gun.

Also is Mental Speed basically the most PTSD inducing (mundane) thing you can have, cause after the fight you'll have a memory of seeing and feeling in perfect clarity as the bullet slowly pushed through your skin, tearing muscles and organs, breaking bones and the smack of the shrapnel hitting the wall behind you, all while you hang motionless mid sprint unable to even look away. As a bonus you'll also see the same thing happen to your friends too! Every little twitch and micro expression as their whole system goes 'aw fuck'.

>Also is Mental Speed basically the most PTSD inducing (mundane) thing you can have, cause after the fight you'll have a memory of seeing and feeling in perfect clarity as the bullet slowly pushed through your skin, tearing muscles and organs, breaking bones and the smack of the shrapnel hitting the wall behind you, all while you hang motionless mid sprint unable to even look away. As a bonus you'll also see the same thing happen to your friends too! Every little twitch and micro expression as their whole system goes 'aw fuck'.

>having skin
>having organs
>having nerve endings you can't shut down at will

Meatbag detected.

Also, Neem removes all emotional association with any memories formed while under the influence, so anyone who lives an exciting life should be munching it constantly to avoid post traumatic stress

>Meatbag detected.

Sure, but watching critical failures happen and your body let alone the situation spiraling further out of control is traumatic whatever shell it happens to. Its just worse if you can feel it too.

>so anyone who lives an exciting life should be munching it constantly to avoid post traumatic stress

Seems like a healthy artificially sociopathic way of living your life.

>I don't want to be a psychopath!

You should have thought of that before you joined Firewall

>b-but I didn't want to join Firewall! You kidnapped me and modified my brain!

If you didn't want us to egonap you, you should have thought of that before you decided to be stored on a Cognite indenture server, kiddo

Dodging ranged fire in EP really doesn't have anything to do with dodging a bullet, that is already in flight, unless we are talking conventional firearms, extreme distances and the target actually seeing the flash. It is more combat experience, constant movement and timing, reading the situation - although reflexes do play some role in that. Which is why keying both melee and ranged evasion off of a single skill seems rather strange.

>Unless you actually rule that Fray X (60+?) means you have supersonic reflexes, which i mean is cool and all but maybe not exactly intended.
I'd assume it's for those occasions when some absolute madman decides to upgrade his morph with a miniaturized antimatter reactor.

Is it possible for my backup to be forked into a body while I'm still alive?

Also, back ups are an emulation of your self, your original self being destroyed the moment you lost continuity for the first time. But what about resleeving and egocasting? Is your "original" consciousness really being transported, or just slowly copied and deleted during the process?

>Is it possible for my backup to be forked into a body while I'm still alive?
Yes

>But what about resleeving and egocasting? Is your "original" consciousness really being transported, or just slowly copied and deleted during the process?
As far as you know, yes

>Is it possible for my backup to be forked into a body while I'm still alive?
Obviously. There could be any number of separate instances of "you" that immediately begin do diverge, if "active". You can be your own Muse, which is largely equivalent to carrying another yourself in a ghostrider module - unless you prune and lobotomize that copy, so it could fit into mesh inserts.

>But what about resleeving and egocasting?

It's hard to say. There is a method of gradual resleeving, that is typically considered truly seamless - your consciousness slowly migrates from one body to the other without being "turned off" at any point.

But when it comes to digital "transportation", what is it if not copying and deleting the original?
Majority of transhumanity has long since rationalized the process, a shift of paradigm has happened and rarely do they experience the same existential dread and uncertainty that comes with such philosophical questions. Which is kinda fantastical, in all the meanings of the word.

>Majority of transhumanity has long since rationalized the process, a shift of paradigm has happened and rarely do they experience the same existential dread and uncertainty that comes with such philosophical questions. Which is kinda fantastical, in all the meanings of the word.

If only we could modify people's minds using technology in order to make them more susceptible to certain ideas

There's a reason why Re-Instantiated, one of the most common backgrounds in the setting given the massive number of Fall casualties, has Edited Memories

>Which is kinda fantastical, in all the meanings of the word.

Incredibly so. It's basically coming to terms that you're just biological software.

Thinking about these things make me feel terrified, and that's why I love this game.

Indeed. I cannot claim it in absolute honesty unless and until I'll be confronted with situation/opportunity face to face, but in my mind I've already decided - even if it would mean cessation of existence of my current "instance", I'm prepared for my copy to continue on with life. Uphold my interests, values, care for my loved ones (or their identical copies), see the civilization develop, grow, maybe fall.

I suppose, this preparedness for self-sacrifice is just another way of coping with fear of inevitable death, ironically enough.

That's hypothetical, of course. Wishing for such technologies (and social acceptance of them) being possible, underlying scientific principle sound, doesn't make it so.

Yup. Amusing way to look at it.
There is certainly some story potential in there.

Is that why so many reinstated indentures are prostitutes? Because they are edited to love the dick?

I think being able to preserve a brain and keep it functional might come before being able to copy consciousness.

Sure, assuming the latter will come.
But there is a kind of permanence and resilience to consciousness copying/transference, that is unachievable when you are still a squishy organ confined to a single location.

Yup

The fuck does that image have to do with anything?

Without the Minervan Fleet splitting off from Jovian Republic, could EP setting be re-constructed into more Starship Troopers/Battlestar Galactica transhumanist space-opera setting where humanity battles across the Solar System to take back Earth, Mars and other planets from inhuman freaks? I want this setting to happen.

Without the Minervan Fleet splitting off from Jovian Republic, could EP setting be re-constructed into more Starship Troopers/Battlestar Galactica transhumanist space-opera setting where humanity battles across the Solar System to take back Earth, Mars and other planets from inhuman freaks? I want this setting to happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=qMP4R3Jzmm8

write more smut you fags

The Minervan Fleet pretty much feels like BSG as it is.

So what kind of computing power is required to run your own Simulspace holodeck experience? Desktop PC, Cranial computer?

Cranial computer.

I love this image so much.

There's a lot of trap choices, depending on the campaign type. Nothing breaks the game, really.

You have a contract and if the contract is broken on the end of Extropy Now, you have an entire hab full of angry, well armed individuals with

Edited memories != Modified behavior

Most people don't want to remember the events of the Fall. That should be the majority of the mandatory edited memories traits.

Plot twist: the group Firewall knows as OZMA is actually called ZARDOZ.

It's a great part of the setting until you come across a jackass GM

>Make a Jovian diplomat
>He takes shuttle transport everywhere(but so do the transhuman other players cause they want to keep their ship nearby)
>Is really careful
>Refuses to set foot on stations without his personal gear
>Gm continually bans armor on stations
>and planets
>and literally everywhere
>For some reason this only seems to apply to players
>Offer to provide backup support from the ship over the mesh(basically playing an infomorph)
>Gm forces character onto station anyway
>Kay then
>Another campaign
>Things are going to shit but not that badly
>Things get worse.
>Suggest pulling back
>Nope
>Transhumans treat it as a suicide mission, half die the rest take their cortical stacks and egocast out as station falls to bits
>Point out I have no cortical stack, ready to put character to rest
>Oh look there's this really slow method of egocasting you can use that doesn't need one
>Forces character to egocast out
>Character swears revenge on the antagonist that put them in that position in the first place
>Gets revenge, as part of the plot for everyone
>Finally retire character(it's implied he goes on to commit suicide)
>GM hijacks character anyway and uses him as an NPC.

I just wanted to play out the existential crisis. I wasn't hurting anyone he just wanted to force me into transhumanism from the get go.

THE GUN IS GOOD. THE PENIS IS EVIL.

...Not a particularly well thought out agenda for the most powerful conspiracy in the Solar System.

And actually, Edited Memories is basically used to represent any sort of lost continuity one way or another. Re-Instantiated often don't know what happened to their previous alpha, other conditions around their last death or lots of other factors before even getting into the psychological potential of damaged or dampened memories.

That's the fun thing. It only looks powerful because no one knows that it's run by a senile pre-Fall Earth kitsch junkie.

Reading final book in AC series; impossible not to get EP-cravins of it.

Not really. Genetrash falls down just as hard or harder when up against TITANs and Exsurgents compared to franken freaks.

>You have a contract and if the contract is broken on the end of Extropy Now, you have an entire hab full of angry, well armed individuals with

Extropy Now also contracts with private defense providers. They've become the Leviathan in everything but name.

>There's a lot of trap choices

There's only one, and it's called Sex Switch

That's what you get for playing a villain, user!

This story actually triggers me a little bit.

Why the fuck would the GM not make his own character instead of hijacking a players character? You pick the way that you want to play a character, not the GM. That's beyond railroading.

TITAN busters are asleep, post war machines

If they want Extropia intact, they won't go to war with AnCaps with nothing to lose.

>If they want Germany intact, they won't go to war with Bolsheviks with nothing to lose
>If they want Byzantium intact, they won't go to war with Ottomans with nothing to lose
>If they want Carthage intact, they won't go to war with Romans with nothing to lose

None of those had nukes.

Exactly. That's why, like all anarchist habs, Extropia will be a blasted, depressurized shell within a few years, at the most. And that's if NOMIC, the Seed AI that oversees most of their legal code, doesn't get infected with the exsurgent virus first.

If your morph isn't vacuum-rated that's no one's fault but your own.

Reminder that to survive in the future you need vacuum sealing, radiation resistance, medichines, guardians and speed 4.

Procedurally-generated personal theme music is optional but recommended.

>the sliced up props

Inconsiderate GM is inconsiderate. Having a theme, a moral to the story is fine, but GM should not have something to prove to the player.