Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Love...Love Never Changes Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy products and lore. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

Other urls found in this thread:

the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/341-army-direction-surveys/
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tichi-Huichi's_Raiders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_helm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What a horrible night to have a curse.

Pffft this is the god tier Dracula. Even fights on the ground, like the beast he is.

>stupid 3d era Drac

nope

Anyone play as the Beastmen in Warhammer Total War yet? Are they good, and do the faction justice?

Are Grave Guard with halberds a thing? Anybody got artwork. I didn't see them in the 8th edition armybook. I'm making a mod for TWW.

They're a very strong faction if you're playing as them. Upgrades and tech boost your units unbelievably and Minotaurs are incredible rape machines. The Cygor is also one of the best artillery pieces in the game. The AI just fizzles though when they use them.

Anyone got ideas for an interlude involving a fairly modest power vampire?

the-ninth-age.com/index.php?board/341-army-direction-surveys/

Vote on the direction T9A will go for your army!
I had no idea this was a thing.

Do I HAVE to buy the Exalted Seeker Chariot kit, or can you buy two Seeker Chariots and make it? Because I can buy two NIB Seeker Chariots for $40, but I want to make the Exalted Seeker.

What are chaos warriors like the time that they aren't fighting

You think being eternally sealed in a suit of demon plate would make hanging out with the clans women children and elderly kind of awkward

By the point you're eternally sealed in the plate, you're just a really weak Daemon. You don't have friends or family. If you did, you'd have sacrificed them for more power.

Warriors are not nice people. They're Berserk Apostles. They don't represent all of the Chaos-worshipers, they represent the worst of the worst.
Imagine if the Bretonnian army only had the knights and we only know of the peasants in fluff.

Nosfertu Zodd is a pretty nice person...(As in he only goes after soldiers, dosen't rape, and is bros with Skull Knight)

Lord Mortkin only became the Everchosen because Empire men destroyed his people, and didn't destroy the world because he only wanted to avenge them at a 1:1 ratio.
That's about as honorable as Chaos gets.

Or Kaleb Daark. Chaos Warriors killed his mother and father, so he spent the rest of his life killing Chaos Warriors. Not their families, just them.

I always thought your rank and file chaos warrior was looked up to by the rest pf his clan

I wish there was more fluff on what the chaos tribes are like when not rape pillaging the world

We got a bit of it with the Glottkin.
Apparently, they're just ordinary folks. So ordinary that Empire missionaries can move into their village and preach for few decade before someone kills them.

Chaos Warriors are looked up to, but not fondly. Remember that their society doesn't really tolerate weakness, so some guy being the strongest just means you now know that you're shit and your life had no meaning.

Either or, i believe the exalted box comes with the proper base otherwise you'll need to buy it

But since they all only come with round bases now it doesn't matter either way then?

Sweet.

The greatest Badass in all of Chaos.

Got his revenge for his people after gaining the favor of all the Chaos Gods, then told them to swivel on it and died as a man instead of a demon.

Any tips for running a WFRP campaign, I was planning on using renagade crowns and setting it in the border princes and was wondering what advice you might have.

Malagor can literally solo a full-stack city once he gets Devolve. Its just absolutely insane as a spell, and the improved gets a 30sec cool down.
They're extremely powerful as a faction and the horde/moon/bray mechanics combine nicely.

Once you get sealed in the armor, you never go back to a normal life. You're either fighting, adventuring, or torturing captives. theres no need for comfort or rest, you go where the gods tell you to go

Thanks for the link, I too have missed that

Unless you want your PC's constantly rolling up new characters, always tell them to keep in mind how comparatively vulnerable they are.
Renegade Crowns is an awesome setting, lots of potential for fun; Greenskins, some of the more southernly undead shite coming out of the ground, Tilea nearby, some dwarven junk in the mountains nearby, etc.

Reinforce the theme of the region; that even if the Empire is dangerous (especially in the woods or in the dark spots of the cities), it still has laws and such, while the Border Princes are a constantly shifting land with no central power and how the only law there is that which you can enforce by the point of a sword.

I just stated playing Castlevania Lord of Shadow II and fell in love with the paladin from tutorial. I decided to base my Morghasts on him, but... what model to use as base, that isn't Stormcasts?

>I always thought your rank and file chaos warrior was looked up to by the rest pf his clan

They are, but in the way people would look up to a holy person. Like a wandering death guru.

I'm really interested in buying the Man O' War videogame on Steam when it gets out of Early Access, can people tell me more about the seagoing lore of the Warhammer world and the spinoff game it is actually based off?

Is it true Dwarves have steam-powered Iron Ships?
Dwarves in general always seemed like they would fit as a race with an obvious iron-clad mariners & sea traders culture if people would only get away from making them rock-biting mole people.

yes, it's true

the High Elfs are the British Royal Navy of the setting, they control the global trade routes and their Fleet can basically strike anywhere in the world thanks to a massive network of naval bases.

When Warhammers seas are comparable to One Piece, the Helfs are the NAVY

If One Piece was Warhammer then Devil Fruits would be literal fruit grown on the bodies of demons and all Devil Fruit Users would be freakish mutants and possessed that sail the seas in order to find new lands to rape and pillage.

we're on to something.

>then Devil Fruits would be Warpstone

With points values being reintroduced, what size is tournament standard? I have a heap of old Warriors of Chaos (Marauders, Warriors, and a dozen Knights, mostly) what should I be building towards? Are marked forces still a thing?

This is the WHFB thread, not the AoS thread.

beastmen are real strong in the game

>Final Battle against Middenland
>Boris is nearly killed by my minotaur hero and flees.

That was kind of Anti-Climactic.

I want a Dogs of War faction in Total Warhammer, so I can have an army of sellswords including even the likes of orcs in heavy armor wielding crossbows, regiment of skeletons that increases their number with every enemy the slay, Dwarf Slayer pirates wielding a ridiculous amount of pistols, sneaky ratling poachers taking potshots from inna woods and many more besides alongside my regular 'Grudgebringer' Cavalry & Infantry- then use them all to crush the forces of Chaos and save the world!
Celebrate by doing sick steamy burnouts with a stolen steamtank on the ectoplasmic sludge left behind by forcibly banished greater demons.

So lads
Total War Warhammer will have every 8th edition army

daemon legendary lord speculation? I say Be'lakor

Amazons being recruitable by the Lizardman faction after their territory in Lustria is conquered, wielding their classic notLasguns and notPowerswords.

Because fuck it why not.

Be'lakor, Skarbrand and Kairos imo.
> Faction head
> Wizard
> Monstrous beatstick

I'm more interested in how they're implemented rather than the order. Like global mechanics, empire building n shit.
Daemons cant even get away with the horde mechanic. Definitely related to the Winds somehow, maybe dependent on corruption spread by Heralds and allies.

It's gonna be so much fucking fun to play as a daemons of Tzeentch army and just drown the enemy in warp-fire and shit. The model for Sarthoreal is already awesome just to watch him move around the map. I wish the lore of metal didn't suck ass, or forgive my impudence, he actually could use the lore of Tzeentch. But I suppose that's what mods are for.

>Damnable sorcery, it's a cowardly trick men, and nothing mo-

-AAIIAHAAHAGH

I was going to snark at how fire spell decapitates people, but then I noticed you were talking 'bout Tzeentch, so it makes sense

>submap of the realms of chaos- you get the line of sight of chaos worshipping factions in the old world, can start an incursion in chaos warrior line of sight if the winds of magic are right

that would be cool

so not gonna happen

I can dream
>sending empire armies into the realm of chaos in last ditch attempts to slay the demons, only for them to die from attrition, or turn traitor

I assume Bretonnian army will need to be expanded when it comes playable, so will there be Men-At-Arms and Grail Pilgrims added as more infantry choices and maybe Mounted Yeomen for more expendable cavalry units (or will they be ignored considering the wide variety of mounted knights already to put in the game)?

There are already Men-at-Arms, and both spear and bow yeoman. So probably they'll get pilgrims and Questing Knights with their full release. I don't know what else they could add.

Could sneak the Green Knight in as a faction mechanic somehow, like a random chance to spawn when defending in your own territory.
In fact that would work as a general Bret thing, having a random chance of miraculous intervention that increases in likelihood the riskier the battles.

Otherwise Brets are spoken for in terms of units because literally 6th edition

>I'm more interested in how they're implemented rather than the order. Like global mechanics, empire building n shit.

There are rumors where the second addon will have the realms of chaos.

So is ebay and craigslist now the only place you can pick up minis?

I'm a faggot who got into WFB late, so I have to ask: was it in-character to make Manfred the dick who ended the world because of petty spite? He always struck me as the patient kind who'd forgive a slight so he could get ten times the retribution later.

There's a lot of End Time stuff where I know they messed up general lore concepts, but I'm never quite sure with how well they did characters.

>Leadership: 0

Perhaps some flying units? Pegasus Knights and hippogryphs. Maybe they can get some Tilean or Estalian mercenaries.

Rules for Ulrican, Taalite or Ursunite Norscans never.

>I'm never quite sure with how well they did characters.

Hit or miss with a lot of them.

Most people hated how certain characters almost didn't get any limelight at all or were killed in the space of a few paragraphs.

I played VC/TK and really loved Arkhan and Nagash in the time of legends books, so I actually loved it.
To me, the only thing that went wrong was Mannfred fucking it up for everyone.

>Ulrican, Taalite or Ursunite Norscans
Norse are savage beast that worship Chaos. stop that "they are people too" nonsense. and don't quote Glottkin bullshit from ET to me.

That makes little sense. It'd make more sense to stat out those sorts of Imperials or Bretonnians, because not only are there Ulfrican terrorists in a few short stories and a general rivalry between Sigmarites and Ulfricans, and at one point the Empire was split into three pieces roughly between Taal worshippers, Ulfric supporters, and Sigmar worshippers, but there's no reason for Ulric and Taal to be worshipped up in Norsca - Kilsev is much closer than the Empire, and they have almost no worship of Ulfric or Taal.

They pretty much HAVE To have generic flying units, helping to continue to differentiate them from the other Human faction who's only fliers are their high-tier heroes. Its one of their strengths and gives them more tactical options

>was it in-character to make Manfred the dick who ended the world because of petty spite?

No but he was scared shit-less of Nagash, he was always too proud to be a second Banana and smart enough to know he could never compete.

In my opinion he was written more stupid at the beginning of the books than the end because he believed he could have controlled Nagash after they brought him back. Everything afterward was just him reeling from that original dumb decision.
I could see him being backed far enough into a corner to prefer oblivion to eternity with Nagash, just never stupid enough to try to raise mr.bones in the first place..

But literally all they could have are Pegasus Knights and Hippogryphs, the only known example of anyone riding one of them being Leoun. Would flying knights even be much use against infantry? It sounds difficult to render in a game engine.

Didn't he swear loyalty to Nagash at one point? Weird that it changed to 'I can control him!'

So here's a question - Merovech famously ripped out the throat of a Bretonnian king and drank his blood after the man insulted him for his cruelty and lost the subsequent duel. Was Merovech, at that point, a vampire? Or just a madman?

Mannfred truthfully got very little characterization before the End Times - direct characterization, at any rate. We know from historical sources that he was a skilled necromancer (unlike his "brother") and able to own the loyalty of Sylvania's night court through charisma. He was an extremely skilled general and nearly sacked Altdorf at one point. We know from the Ulrika novels that he - or at least, his close lieutenants - have a zero tolerance policy for failure and punish it for death.

It seems that, originally, Mannfred was supposed to very much in Vlad's image, rather than the incompetent, tantruming manchild he became in the ET.

>Didn't he swear loyalty to Nagash at one point?

That was not the plan, he agree to help Arkhan because of the Chaos shit happening up north and he knew Nagash could snuff it out.

He wanted to be in control of the ritual to bring him back so he could make a way to manipulate him but Arkhan was pulling his weight faster and beat him to the punch.
Then he wanted to exploit the curse because Tyrions daughter, who was sacrificed in the ritual, wasn't the true heir (Malekith was right) but then Khaine exploded anyway so the curse lifted. When the alliance of the incarnates happened, he lost potential allies to kill him and when chaos nearly ground them to dust Nagash was still the strongest member present so they would either try to spare themselves let him go or he would have probably killed them and taken their winds too.

Mannfred lost all the chances he had and saw Gelt struggling with the rift. He must have believed that non-existence was preferable to Nagash and did the only option left to him.

I just want a game where you adventure in the Warhammer world even as a text adventure with no graphics to speak of, from the steaming jungles of Lustria to the oriental mysteries of Cathay, though it would also help if Games Workshop was less shit and hadn't squandered the massive potential of the Warhammer world even before they decided to shit all over it basically Cosmic Comicbook Event it out of existance.

I'm sure it'd be easy to pull together a text adventure game. I'd like one where you could pull together a bunch of mercenaries and such and go on expeditions to Nehekhara or Norsca or Lustria, rather than stuff barely focused on in the lore like Cathay that makers would have to stretch and use fanon for.

the round bases are for the smaller chariots, might wanna spring for a bigger base. it's bigger then a space marine rhino. i use the base they use on knight titans

Actually, Norse venerating Ulric, Taal and Ursun is as old as themselves in the lore.
As long as the god is a badass and is direct they consider him worthy. Does it come with mercy and philosphic stuff? Unworthy.

And obviously they are human, what else? Pansy Elves?

*Ulric.
It makes sense, Norse are related to the Empire. When Sigmar united the tribes that bowed their head and kicked out the rest, the latter went north. And kept contact via raiding and trading, and full blown war from time to time.
The elector countship of Nordland is even more related as it was conquered by them/lots of them migrated there.

Ungols anc co. migrated southwards rather recently, as they later formed Kislev, their cultural influence isn't as large.

I always liked that about the Norse, they venerate chaos in some diluted forms, but also the more hardcore gods from the south.
Sadly GW decided to never work more with it.

Well I also used those two places as examples because they are each on separate sides of the usual worldmap. And being able to assemble a band of adventurers and miscreants to back you up on your journies across the face of the World old & new would be essential.

How much individuality do Lizardmen have? I keep on thinking they're like 40ks Tyranids, so devoted to a higher directive that they would never think to deviate from it at any level.

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tichi-Huichi's_Raiders

They aren't mindless creatures or operating on a hive mind at least.

Slann are pretty much incomprehensible by other species.
Skinks seem rather human like in their individuality.
Saurus exist for war, they don't want anything else.

In short - it varries a lot.

Someone needs to go read Tome of Corruption.

You forgot Kroxigor, who are big and dim, originally created as heavy lifting construction slaves.
Require Skinks to direct them most of the time to actually get shit done.

>Hear ye hear ye
>Mine Lord has put the head of an oxen upon his helm, to signify his strength in battle and the force of his blows
>Mine Lord wishes to make it know that he hast done this of his own volition, and not simply for the replacement of yon donkey's head he hath once worn
>Mine Lord also wishes it to be known of his shared grief for the peasantry who had the misfortune and calamity to lose their lives due to accident, and accident alone and for no other reason, after the tournament the day before

dunno if you are just joking around, but it's part of the heraldry, so you won't see anybody changing it willy nilly.

Exactly as it was in real life around the 13th century.

Is that a prototype jousting helmet?

Anyone have some Adrian Smith dwarfs?

I was just joking about. I mean, I honestly can't tell if that's a real bull head or not in the picture. Bretonnians do seem just that crazy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_helm

I hope that they eventually cover the whole world, including covering factions that were never represented in the tabletop.
The Warhammer Armies project has rules for Norse who aren't Chaos Warriors.
Amazons as their own faction would work better, while Lizardmen would have easy relations with other Lizardmen like the dwarves the amazons would not be unified at the beginning. There is also the expectation that they would ally with the Lizardmen.

How large of a points range is there in typical 20 stack army in Total War: Warhammer if it is translated into tabletop form? The unit sizes in that game are far larger than in the tabletop and the strength of the monsters seems to have been increased to compensate.

I've noticed that Tomb King undead tend to be a lot more stable (higher leadership) than Vampire Count undead. Is there any particular reason for this?

VC skeletons and zombies are mindless puppets.

Different characterization of their respective factions. Tomb King undead have a more "We've all come back from the dead for vengeance" whereas Vampire Counts are more mindless under the direction of selfish power.

You are weak, your blood is weak and you will never survive the winter.

They're also one of the only races with submersibles. It's them and Skaven, I think.

It's sad - I really like the bronze-age themes that Vampire Counts sometimes literally dig up. It really reminds you of the age that WFB has as a setting when you see armor that's actually in an old style.

That artwork always made me think of Evil Dead 3, that big siege scene. It's what got me into the VC in the first place.

I include skeledoots and bagpipers in my VC skellies desu fampai.

>wasn't the true heir

Such bullshit.

The heir to the Everqueen is the firstborn daughter, regardless of who she fucks.

The Phoenix King position only existed after the Warp Gates collapsed. There were many Everqueens before then.