Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Christmas in July Edition
Allergic reaction to Mk7 Sub-Edition
In the last thread we came up with a Christmas themed 30k song and proper women don't have piercings, Primarch bedrooms became a topic of brief discussion, an user got educated on the Apothecary model while another told us his friend who got into 30k decided to ride the Ironfire, Javelins became a topic, we saw one user's conversions and had another talk about armor marks. All of this plus much more in the last bread. Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Age of Darkness Army List: mediafire.com/download/f0c2pnieoijyrqk/Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.pdf
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll links: strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Giv bitter, FW! Giv now! Demand bitter!

One star scum deserve nothing but pain.

Iz not fair, user.

All bitter has is bundles of unhappy bitter, no bitter bitter, bitter huh?

user, you might want to chill out. Holding on to that bitterness isn't healthy.

Firewing is coming.

That's enough riding the Iron Fire for today, boi.

When will we get the best Errant?

Bitter within! Bitter without! All shall be bitter! Bitter for the bitter god! Bitter for the bitter throne! For the bitter! Hail bitter! Bitter dominatus! Low bitter moans! Bitter chanting! Bitter over flesh! Bitter!

Bitter.

Bitterbitterbitter!

It's about time. Soon my thirst for DA knowledge can be sated.

World Eaters Worst Eaters.

And this, boys and girls, is what happens when you go full Iron Warrior. It should be noted that Perturabo is naturally in full Iron Warrior mode but has a second level. If you go beyond Perturbo in bitterness I don't think even the Emperor can save you.

Warhounds serve eternally, lost to Thunder Warriors they did...

Bitter goes in all fields.

Bitter.

Bitter!

Bitter?

Bitter.

>Soon my thirst for DA knowledge can be sated.
Nope user. That information is too powerful for you, we must hide it well :^)

Son, please stop. Your heart can't take much more of this. FW might have to do a memorial service for you that's the ultimate shafting. Do you want so many of your fellow IWfags coming for you in Hell? Or they might just bring you back to life just to decimate you, and then do it again in Hell.

You guys are such fools, thinking and are posts from an user who went full LaLiLuLeIron. But I know his nature...for I used to be like him.

Bitter you say?

I'm about to punch your face hard enough that your Primarch will feel it.

The bitter, I know of it. But the knowledge of the bitter came at a cost to my bitter.

Bitter! Bitter! Bitter!

So very bitter.

Bitter? Bitter. Hahaha! Bitter.

BITTER.

Beep Boop? Boop beep. Bleep.
The bitterness within can't stay without too long you know this yes?

Oh, so very bitter.

I demand more! I crave it! The sweet bitter. I disgust myself for my list for bitter! But FW denies us the bitter! They give all other it, but not us! Never us! The other not-bitter got everything bitter wants, needs, even. But not us, no! The bitter belongs with us, for we crave the bitter, covet the bitter. None can have the bitter as we can, no.

Filthy not-bitters, stealing it from us.

Have you tried being more like Bob Ross?

What is a bitter, but a bitter pile of bitter? But enough bitter! have at bitter!

Hey anons, I'm desperately looking for a place to get the hours heresy audio books.
I'm a poorfag and they get me through the day at my shit job.

Fucking autocorrect.
Horus*

Mmmm, bitter.

Ha, bitter!

It's in the first post m8. What kind of work do you do?

>30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

900pt unit just to shit out missiles? Ultramarines cant even siege properly!.

Nice, thanks brother.
I didn't notice it up top haha.
Is there a compile of the 40k collection?
Hah, I took a shitty job at a burkes outlet in the same town as my college.
One advantage though.
Only male worker, work with qt grils all day

Are Medusan Immortals overcosted? Or do they look so damn sexy that it doesn't even matter?

Both, especially right now that the regular marine list was updated and the legion specifics are outdated.

I don't remember the Breachers' new cost, but Immortals are 250pts base (12pts per dude) and gain basically a ghost apothecary, and the option to buy volkite, which may be more of a change from regular breachers, but ultimately makes them even more expensive.
Breacher blobs became more expensive, so maybe the cost difference becomes less of an issue...But they're still in the overcrowded Elites slot and can't score unless in that rite.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, fuck the Fulmentarii.

Night, boys. I got a command of DAs to make some fluff for, and their modern 40k incarnation as a Dangle successor chapter living in Space France. The Lion's blessings be with you as you dream, and may it keep the trees out of your dreams.

damn. might just pick up some of the MK3 tacticals made for Iron Hands and just make them a Veteran Squad instead. Immortals and Gorgons both look great but Vet Squads are what will help me keep up with local 40k players.

>mk3 tacticals made for Iron Hands
So very bitter. Oh so bitter.

Hey man if you put a few more dark washes on your Iron Warriors they could be Iron Hands too. The only thing bittersweet would be throwing your Perty model in the trash.

Well time to kill myself.
Where the fuck do I get Alpharius and exodus then?
What armor does AL use? Anything specific or anything less than mk5

30k IF widow chick left us for the 40k general. This reminds me of middle school when the girl I liked picked the more popular kid to be her boyfriend instead.

>What armor does AL use? Anything specific or anything less than mk5
All armor marks save for mk7 until maybe Siege of Terra time.

But anons seem to be particular about different units having different Mk armour.
Guess ill just proxy Alph and Expdus with paper pictures

>But anons seem to be particular about different units having different Mk armour
And I don't care. Exodus probably uses mk4, and Alpharius's armor could possibly incorporates features from multiple armor marks like Horus does.

Kek.
Get over it.
This is an 18+ board.
Also, did "she" post proof?

the new moritat would make for a decent exodus proxy

They should have plentiful access to MkII through MkIV, as well as MkVI which they stole and reverse engineered.
MkV is probably used where needed as well.
You probably won't see MkVII until the Siege of Terra (or slightly before), but they'll undoubtedly steal some at some point.

>But anons seem to be particular about different units having different Mk armour.
It doesn't matter, Alpha Legion was a versatile legion they didn't have a hate boner for any particular armour marks like the Iron Warriors. Just do what you like, keep the Mk VII to a minimum if any, and put effort into your dudes.
I put vets and elites in Mk IV and mooks into Mk II because vets would get first dibs. You could justify the reverse by claiming that vets like their old gear even if it is worse. You could give the mooks Mk V or give the vets Mk V because the vets are lazy fucks who want the easy to maintain armour.

I generally reserve III for hardened armour but besides that I don't actually use concrete rules about X unit has to have Y armour.

Doesn't matter, we are still here.

>30k IF widow chick left us for the 40k general.
Who cares?

Well I'm gonna make a shopping list. Where would I get:
- Sniper for Exodus?
- Jump pack for Primus Medicae
- Raven Guard/Johnny style helmets for seeker squads?
I didn't see any of the above in FW's store, nor the Moritat (I'm assuming the Moritat was something FW spoiled at some point)
How often did new Power Armour come out? As in wouldn't veterans who started in MK. II be dead by the time MK. IV came out?

>As in wouldn't veterans who started in MK. II be dead by the time MK. IV came out?
No. Astelan(somehow), Garro, Zso Sahaal, Haar, Ahzek, Khârn, the Crimson Sons, the Pale Nomands were all Terrans who probably had to go through Mk2 once.

>the Crimson Sons, the Pale Nomands
Who?

>As in wouldn't veterans who started in MK. II be dead by the time MK. IV came out?
There were veterans of Terra still alive by the time the Horus Heresy started. Plus Mk IV wasn't even fully distributed among the traitor legions let alone the loyalist legions.

So some guy might have started in Mk II, been given Mk III when they were assigned to a breacher squad or something, and nabbed some Mk IV as a captain because "I'm to old to keep fixing this Mk III." Fuck could have even used Mk V when their Mk IV broke and nabbed some Mk VI from a dead Raven Guard only to ditch it for Mk VII on the siege of Terra.

In M41 the ever fashionable EC captain finally nabs some Mk VIII from a dead veteran and wonders why the Imperium is taking so long to come out with new armour marks. He needs the newest most fashionable armour.

What armour would AL seeker squads use? There's not Legion Seeker kit yet from FW so should I just get the AL Headhunter kit + Legion Recon Squad. I wish they had the long-nose helmets though.

Pale Nomads are the precursors to the Space Sharks.

Crimson Sons are a Night Lords chapter who ended up being assigned as personal retinue to a Rogue Trader. The one illustration of them shows a unique scheme from the rest of the Legion, and MK. III armour. Not sure if it's accurate or not, but Veeky Forums lore seems to mark them out as Loyalists.

Pale Nomads, on the other hand, are a Terran Chapter of the Raven Guard who pretty much got told to fuck off by Corax once he got reunited with the Legion. They ended up assigned as a nomad predation fleet in the outer dark, and are quite likely the predecessors of the Carcharadons.

Oh I see, thanks.

I was gonna use Headhunters as Seekers, and swap the heads out

Is there any reason to put Castrmen Orth in anything other than a Spartan or or Sicaran?

You could put him in a Caestus for the lulz (it is technically a tank and has high enough front armor), and his warlord trait actually synergizes with it.

It's still a Sicaran, but a Sicaran Venator could be a decent choice if you know the opponent is bringing a Knight or a Typhon or something. You absolutely need to get that pen to make sure they're snap shotting and BS5 + re-rolling two dice picking the highest should make that happen.

If you want to tank a super-heavy tank like a Fellblade putting Orth it in is a really good idea since it saves you the points you'd otherwise have to spend on Space Marine Crew. It's also fluffy since being a super-heavy tank spearhead commander is his main job in his description. Plus, if Orth is your warlord you've now hidden your warlord behind 12 hull points of super-heavy tank armor.

Bear in mind that all the gun kits have the hands attached now, so if you want to keep the cool looking cybernetic hands you have to cut the hands off the guns. The heavy bolter in particular looks like it might be a little finicky but not too hard.

Well I totaled up everything I need for AL, and it's €575 or $643.
Less than I expected actually.
I'm gonna work on my MK.7 Exodus, as I like it as bad as it is, threw away the other two though. Gonna start with mold lines and making surfaces smooth, then greenstuffing the helmet, adding scales on the shoulderpads, and a cape.
The cost above doesn't account for all the different parts for Alpharius that I'll need; how do make Alpharius?

It just says "In the army"

So If I took an allied detachment with this guy then I could make my Emperors Children Tac Squads inductii

Just get the Kabuki model till the real thing shows up

Question, I have the HH Betrayal Book. If I want to build an army from the lists on there, how out of date is this fucker?

yes

Certainly would seem like.

Quite out of date. There have been 2 red books summarising the army list, as well as 2 books detailing the legions.

You'll want both "Age of Darkness" red books to have the up-to-date information.

I mean he did learn his work from Fabius Bile.
>RAW I agree with letting EC have inductii
>RAI I really doubt that was what they intended
That being said I would have no problem playing against EC inductii. After all, EC would lose the chainaxes so you are trading +1 strength and rage for +1 initiative on the charge.

>Tfw still no Fabius Bile rules

I never understood what is the meaning of the star on those torsos.

Perty gave everyone a sticker for participating in the Decimation

North star like NATO.

Except that it's a mark of armor used for its extreme ease of mass production, given to the newest IW who were recruited during the Heresy, post-Olympia. So fuck off with your decimation meme bullshit. You make this place as bad as the 40k general.

I don't understand this meme. its 30 points a pop to make them into the equivalent squad for iron warriors, that's 375 points vs. 295 points and the ultramarine sarge doesn't have split fire.

the iron warriors one is clearly superior at that build.

MkII was artificer-made so it wasn't fast to mass-produce. That's why they developed MkIV.

Except that particular marine is brand-new to the legion and those helm and torso are replacement armor.

Yup. She had some pump tits

It's more that Ironfags think CML terminators are their thing and nobody else should get to have them.

No it wasn't. I was mass-produced, but the segmented armour and other design decisions made it labour intensive to make and maintain. MkIV switched to solid armour plates, which was vastly easier to make and repair, but at the cost of some mobility.

Oh. I just started hh and i am playing iron warriors. My buddy has a big mech army but hes thinking about doing some ultras. But we both agree that the loadout for ultras is a little too expensive for what it is

The Knight Errant rules include the generic Legiones Astartes rule. Since they are taken as part of the standard force organization chart and not as allies, does that mean they use the Legion specific rules of any legion they happen to join/be taken in?

Nope.

The generic version just ensures they can regroup regardless of losses.

Ah, because they're counted as "Sworn Brothers." I see.

Why is he so perfect?

Wow, not 100 posts yet and the shitposting has been real, even without name/tripfags

No, because Space Marine had zero weight. You feel like a balloon animal, not a thundering god warrior. The impacts come from nowhere. Plus the visual style is hollow and lacks integration. Shooting feels okay but lazy, and the melee could be any God of War-like.

My best guess is 40k general spazzes. When there's not much for the rest of us to talk about, they are very swift to fill the void. They can't miss a fucking beat. This of course proves a mild disincentive for non-shitposters to contribute. So there's a small, short-term vicious cycle effect.

Well, we're all entitled to our opinions.

Let's talk Dark Angels. How many Hosts and Orders did they have, and just what did they fight during the Xenocide?

Come again? Space marines feel like huge tanks of a man, especially when you play as a traitor, breaking IG necks and sending the corpse flying with a mere backhanded slap
You can even hear the ground shake at your every step, and a single tactical squad liberates a city with ease. You can hear every bolt exploding, and the ultimate experience is to beat horde mode alone, with dry guns and only your trusty combat knife to kill the Waagh!

That's how I played Space marine, I don't know how or what thing you played

Exactly. I'm sure the word "Space Marine" on the front cover is enough to make a game enjoyable to some, but the mechanics and visuals of the game actually reflecting what it means to be a space marine would do a lot more for others. Devs have a choice between picking the easy superficial approach that will make them exactly as much money, or the harder approach that will make a game go down in history.

I'd be nice to hear about the Xenocide in their book. The DG also participated, and the IW beated the Hrud on a different xenocide...but the UM was notoriously missing both times, legion building.

>but the UM was notoriously missing both times, legion building.
Are you trying to meme or just being anti-UM?

Is there a way to use upgrade kits or convert 40k rhinos to legion ones?

Or will people not be autistic over 40k rhinos when I play HH? I kind of prefer modern era ones desu

The sheer floatiness of the game completely undermines any feeling of tankiness. Sure, the marine *impacts* hard, that cannot be denied. But it's disjointed with the sense of weight. You could get the feeling from a guardsman wielding a power maul say - high impact but only moderate to low weight. You can hear the footsteps and explosions, but you can't feel the heave into position, the weight lifting before the fall, the kick of the boltgun. You accelerate too quickly in almost all respects. Or rather, given that marines CAN accelerate that quickly, the impact should be even stronger than we get. The numbers don't add up no matter which way you assume it.

The method works well for the Batman Arkham games, and moderately well in Gears of War (which admittedly pioneered this stuff). But both those series suffer when it comes to rendering big weighty customers, and unfortunately a 40K game is centred around that.

FAQ or GTFO.

Mars Pattern Rhinos (ie. the normal ones) were in use during the Heresy as well, it's just that the Deimos ones were more common.
So you should feel free to use normal Rhinos painted appropriately.

Do tell the class what the correct Space Marine action game would be, because I had none of the problems laid out.