jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#24h
youtube.com/watch?v=rbdGDfPfL_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wew

shhh.. nothing wrong

No

DUDDEEEEEE JUST xDDDd
DUd -dDUuduDUUUUUUUUUU DJU DD d H
HHu DDD UDUEEEE JUST HUOOOOODDDLLEE XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
LMAO DUDUEDEE WE ARE RICH :DDDDDDDD RICHHHH NOBODY CAN SELL WE ALL HODL AND BE RICH :XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

Move along goy. Nothing to see here

Delete this.
Bitcoin is not a currency

This is unironically what reddit is like. /r/bitcoin
see for yourselves

The more unconfirmed transactions, the more valuable BTC becomes. More unconfirmed transactions means BTC is heavy just like gold.

I know. That's why it is so funny.

>bitcoin is the currency of the future

this is making crypto look like an amateur hour joke

M O N E R O

sssssssssss... ssssssssssssssss.......................................................................sttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. vaaaaaaaaaa.................

people saying ETH is dead with 20k pending transactions and double the traffic.

My dirtCoin on wavesdex is unfazed by the devastation. everything else i have is getting crushed. God bless the low volume shitcoins that are holding strong

Fuck off with the FUD, nocoiner.

Sage.

Don't worry goy. Once we open up our Lightning Network™ payment channels you can move your money to approved recipients.

fuck off whats next? If it freezes solid its like a diamond?

No I don't think Bitcoin Diamond (BCD) is out yet.

Could someone remind me why 2mb is too large? Certainly the block size should scale atleast a little bit.

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UUUUUP

BUY MY FUCKING COIN YOU DUMBASSES I NEED TO SELL REEEEEEEEEEE

>can we talk about this
Why, though?
it's a new paradigm. Where we go, we don't need no confirmations!

god where is the dragon slayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The unconfirmed transaction chart is not even loading anymore lol.

Is this because a lot of people are trying to watch it or is it because (((they))) are trying to pull the curtain and hide the astronomical number?

this ones loading for me

jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#24h

>put all of my BTC into ETH at .0027

Then why woukd people need to pay core to use lightning?

Hey its the Lightning Network!

Agree, bitcoin is kind of a joke right now without slightly larger blocks. Come on guys

HARDFORK A FUCKING SIDECHAIN ALREADY

Because the hard forked coin with 2mb block size would no longer get to call itself "Bitcoin", it would have to be Bitcoin 2MB.

It would also be an admission of defeat. Why not just buy BCH in this case?

Would running a full node/mining help this? Idc about making fees, is there anything a single person can do to process transactions faster or only through mining blocks?

What happens when difficultly increases in the future/all Bitcoins are mined?

And can lighting network help this problem?

can't cash out wasn't a meme after all....

no, full nodes don't mean shit and its not going to help in any way

only mining proof-of-work matters

>he didn't buy the micro-dip

Seriously what the fuck is going on
>-$2000 in one second

Who is fucking with the prices? Wall Street dumping cash into this?

wtf is going on

You need to mine blocks. They are capped at 1mb for very stupid reasons. The network is readjusted every 2016 blocks to maintain 1 block every 10 minutes.

shhhhh

unconfirmed transactions combined with normie fomo leads to a vicious circle.

>moments of extreme bitcoin scarcity
>fomo causes ridiculous price increase
>transactions go through, leading to increased supply of bitcoin on exchanges, and a huge dump
>repeat

this also happens a lot on etherdelta. a complete mismatch of buy and sell orders can lead to a ridiculous bullrun, which is followed by a humongous crash.

It is the currency of the future because you can't use it now

lol good one

kekkk. good shit

Hello all you butt blasted cashie faggots. How much money has your portfolio lost today? Praise Jihan! Remember--you not only lose bitcoin gains, you also lose your last few dollars. Double fucked poop cocks

>lightning network + block size increase on top of segwit

How long would this last?

lmao

They aren't interested in increasing block size, where have you been? The whole point of Segwit and LN is to keep them small and create controllable, censorial payment channels. By this getting your bitcoin out of their system and not using their payment channels will cost way too fucking much, so you'll be forced into LN with no way out.

BCH?

>They aren't interested in increasing block size, where have you been?
What's segwit2x then? Also, segwit was a good change even if LN were to be scrapped. I don't see what issue you have with LN anyway, the only way to solve scaling is to completely offload minor transactions.

Let's talk about it later, nothing's going anywhere. Mempool still isn't at previous spam levels. Be patient and chill out.

LN would make it centralized, although it is questionable how decentralized it is currently
I'm not sure about any other issues

The current centralization in bitcoin is negligible. Payment channels opened up in LN will literally be run by people with the most money. (((Who))) could they be?

There's some issues with that, true, but it's a very hard problem to solve, and I don't see any sidechain proposals doing it better.

I've got 0.407 fucking stuck in the mempool at like half the way down. Not going to get hit for another two weeks probably. Fuck it lads, looks like I'm hodling wether I like it or not

> I don't see what issue you have with LN anyway, the only way to solve scaling is to completely offload minor transactions.

Wrong. DPOS coins can handle up to 100,000 on-chain transaction per second on current computer technology.

Whatever happens, strap in for the ride!

Unconfirmed transactions and fees dont matter to the markets,bitcoin is proof of that.

You can't just call reality "FUD." Fucking retard.

I haven't read up on proof-of-stake, so I can't comment on that. It seems like it would be hard to change the fundamental nature of bitcoin though.

Doesn't Monero have worse scalability issues than Bitcoin?

for some reason bitcoin always reminds me of jeb bush...might be the "slow and steady wins the race" thing.

What happens when normies realize ethereum and litecoin is cheaper and they learn about the alt coins?

Haha there’s mine! GIVE ME MY FUCKING MONEY

They will matter soon :^)

The worst is they're probably all richer than us who are researching charts and alts all day long. Fucking sucks that retards like these make shitload of money.

youtube.com/watch?v=rbdGDfPfL_I

ignorance is bliss

What happens when commodity traders realise silver is cheaper than gold?

i wanna see how high it gets

the card house cant last forever, their only chance is if LN releases real soon and works better than expected

Not my point, I was vague. What if they realize they have more potential profits on these other coins, like "if it happened to bitcoin, why not ethereum?" and etc...

Speaking of silver and gold. Should I pick some up with my bitcoin gains? Just to have and throw in my safe.

Nah, if they hare it's only because they have more to put in initially like the normalfucks they are.

Yeah I was being silly, but realistically normies will take years to get to that stage. Just think, they’ve only just started buying BTC after 5 years of solid growth, imagine how much longer it’ll take them to understand coins you can’t even buy on Coinbase.

>they're probably all richer than us

nah, big numbers in blockfolio does not translate into big numbers in the bank account, you have to actually SELL for that to happen? you think normies who just joined will sell high? no, their brains are completely fucked by the dopamine rush they get, everytime they see bitcoin price go up. only when it tanks reality will kick in, and their smugness will slowly fade away. you think they can handle months and months off slowbleed?

unlike btc, monero devs are not afraid to solve those issues.

BTCs going to 100k sooner or later, even normies know that

ONE

NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

The only thing I don't like about Monero is there is no way to check the final balance of a cold wallet. Yes I know you can use the view key to see amounts going to, but you cannot check the actual balance without making the wallet hot.

TWO

NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

Next suicide wave, are you ready?
This time it will be neet edition