This is what a wizard looks like?

This is what a wizard looks like?

Maybe, but who gives a shit?

Pretty sure they can look like whatever you want them to.

zap, muthafucka

Wizards can cast polymorph.

If they want to be a strong black woman who don't need no man, they can.
Who's going to stop them?

Depends on what spells they've been casting.

Magic has more side effects than prescription antipsychotics.

Side effects may include turning you into a hot chick.

>mentioning how attractive a black chick is
Watch out, retard brigade's on its way from /pol/ to tell you why your opinion is wrong.

She looks far too normal to be a wizard. She could be pretty new to wizardry, but her looks won't last .
Give it a few decades and she'll barely look human

Not my first, won't be my last

that's an awfully large mage hand

Im 100% ok with this

WIZARDS

>This is what a wizard looks like?

Sure, this is what one wizard looks like.

>Give it a few decades and she'll barely look human

Maybe it rounds back. Extraordinarily powerful wizards might like to keep relatively normal looks just to mess with people.

Go back to tumblr dumbass

>Dave the bookshop owner down the street is a hideously powerful archmage
>shirt, jacket, trousers, shoes.. nothing arcane there
>bookshop doesn't even have much in the way of magic beyond a couple Idiot's Guide to Magical Theory
>you usually see him drinking milky tea and reading terrible horror short stories with an inevitable castle with lightning behind it and ripped bodices on the cover
>about twice a year, a half dozen mismatched mercenary/adventurers will cram themselves into the bookshop, and Dave will fit, sigh and bring them beind the counter
>where he stores his demiplane with wizard's tower and a medium sized continent filled with rare and thought to be extinct wildlife
>couple days later, the party can be seen shooed out of the shop, clutching some magical macguffin and faintly stunned expressions as Dave starts sweeping and cleaning up the store

That reads like a "Lighter Side of Stephen King". Nice.

I'm 120% ok with it.
Step on my level.

IT'S HAPPENING. HERE THEY COME

Certainly no reason why not. There are plenty of prodigal young wizard characters, male and female alike. I see no reason that wouldn't be how one of them looked.

This is a surprisingly accurate depiction of what I think would actually happen if a number of Veeky Forums's wizards duelled.

Shes an amazon wizard

wuzard.

They can't be a strong black woman who don't need no man unless they put on about 10 stone

[Equips 10 Ioun Stones]

If this isn't what your wizard looks like, you can fuck off the edge of my dick

>say something retarded
>called out for being retarded
>SEE I WAS RIGHT

yes, in all my campaigns, this is exactly what wizards look like.

>inb4 the stupid expression chimping out gets dropped

yeah, but OP's question should have been:
is this what a TYPICAL wizard looks like? or is that a fringe case?

No user, this is what true wizards look like.

>walking in on your maiden getting MAGICKED

that's his maid.

Yes, a wizard can look like that
Either through being born as a hot black chick, or becoming a hot black chick

>For whatever reason it becomes popular among wizards to be a hot black chick
>Pretty much every wizard in the land polymorphs themself into one and starts acting like a strong black woman who needs no man
How does your party/setting handle it?

What do you think this Wizards name would be?

>She looks far too normal to be a wizard
that just means she's actively upholding the charm. probably hiding something.

She could be low level though

>THE DESERT MAGES HAVE INVADED!
>DEUS VULT!
hilarity ensues

>nothing to denote magic in any form
>makeup and earrings
Nice try rouge.

>rouge

that's exactly what she wants you to think

>You need a specific costume and not actual skills or abilities to be a wizard

How do I know you're a wizard if you don't dress up like one? For all I know you could be an assassin!

I wonder - how do you know someone in the crowd is a plumber. Or a dentist. Surely they should wear specific clothers and do so all the time. Because it;s the costume that's important, not their skills

Assassins would dress up as wizards.
Kill all wizards to be safe.

You gotta be poorly built to have a -4 INT subspecies as a wizard.

Like they handle any other problem when we play.
Kill'em all and take their gold.

That's a great bait.

>Wizard infused it's soul in all it's gold
>Kill wizard and gold will be destroyed
What then?

I want to fuck that wizard

Never played an orc wizard before?

A lack of medieval welfare.

*smacks lips*

In what setting is that possible?

WE

HOL UP

I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM

WITH MAGIC

BECAUSE I AM A WIZARD

Any with enough DM fiat

Then there's not much reason to include it at all, beyond spiting your players.

So what 90% of Veeky Forums's DMs would do?

>saying black women can be hot is retarded
>u retarded
>no u!
Can we just skip to you mumbling about how the Saxon Begins to Hate, or something else vaguely interesting in the usual repetoire?

WUZ

Gain-dalf

I cut ties with that group forever wondering how they found out about my magical realm

Coward, they did it for you

Who else but a Wizard would wear a pointy hat?

I want somma that ooga booga

>implying the wizard doesn't look like this

I cast smug containment

>Wizard jump at the chance to become the little girl
>smug loli wizards who are actually old men

I sorta imagine it the other way around
Newbie wizards jangle as they walk with all manner of magical charms and symbols, robes printed with constellations and a staff with a dragon clutching a sparkly orb ontop and the biggest, pointiest hat they could find. These twits are usually the first to get their asses kicked because even orcs know to beat down the spellcaster first.
Those who aren't killed learn, they grow wiser and more mature. they look back at that old outfit like you would your yearbook photo as they lounge wearing a vest and tunic, their plain oaken staff etched with a few runes.
Its like guys in the military, it's not the loudmouth high-and-tight marine who's shouting and shit you need to worry about, the guy's barely out of boot, it's the guy sitting quietly drinking his beer and explaining very calmly to the drunk ass marine why he needs to sit the fuck down that you need to watch out for.

An old man should not be so fit and hot.

Mary Poppins is that you?

Seeing as I play Shadowrun, I always make it a point to make sure you can't tell who is a Mage unless said Mage really likes getting a bullet to the head before they can even cast a spell. But one of the magic shopkeepers my party works with actually is a African-American elf girl.

IRL black "wizards" are pretty much stereotypical Dreamspeakers and Verbena sorcerers.

Why modern day wizards would feel the need to be so obvious/blatant? Would you be able to tell that John Constantine or Thessaly are spellcasters at first sight? Would you, for some reason, instantly suspect that petit, nerdy, apparently shy girl is some neolithic witch-woman with a penchant for murdering people, cutting off their faces and tongues to bring them back from the dead, drawing the moon down from the sky and summoning supernatural storms and hurricanes?

She's a Black Mage

Gandalf the Gains

Can't tell me this guy is not magic

Nah, you can still spot a mage from their clothes.

Saw an older heavier guy in a hawaiian shirt & t-shirt combo, socks and sandals, some weird necklace, and he had a beard and a walking stick. He knew a lot about reptiles cause he worked at a pet shop and just seemed like a hippie but I swear to god the way he carried himself you'd swear he was a mage.

Probably was. Wizards exclusively wear robes and hawaiian shirts

WIZARDS

Don't forget Bata'a and general Voodoo practicioners

That's swimming trunks and a Chris-Chan polo shirt though.

But you can't solve problems with magic, it will only create more problems.

So if you magic away magic...?

That too. Bonus points if they babble random Haitian Creole gibberish.

Heh, heard tell once of a Shadowrun group with a Face who had zero combat abilities, but very solid deception skills. So, whenever they got into a fight he would dodger around muttering incoherently and making strange hand signs, drawing the enemy's fire by tricking them into thinking *he* was the mage.

>negromancer

So that wizards practices black magics? Time to purge.

At some point the God of the Forsaken comes to claim the world.

Size of a continent made up of mismatched shoggoth parts.

Drifting down from space through the void between stars.

Stands above the world, covering the sky in his horror horizon to horizon feeding off of the despair.

Dave by that point has had enough of it’s bullshit disrupting his business. Slams a book down on the counter and rests his hands on it. The door sign flips to closed for the first time in living memory, shit has got real. His hands start to sink into the book a little as the words in a long dead script flow up his arms and scar his skin.

Whole shop shudders and then rockets off the ground like a falling star going backwards.

Across the whole kingdom can be heard an inhuman voice roaring in the minds and souls of all sapient inhabitants “This is my world! MINE! Find you own world to despoil or I will break you!”

Shop and abomination duel in the sky for days until the thing returns to whatever Hell it came from. Dave drops his shop back where it was meant to be. Flips the sign back.
Next day is business as usual.

This is what a sorcerer looks like.

I don't know, my great grandfather had a grate that was mucher greater bait than that.

Wizard's appertincies maybe. None of these ladies look old enough to have gotten the higher education, and completed their apprenticeship to become a wizard. Magus maybe, as they wouldn't need to have finished what amounts to a university doctorates education and 5 year internship.

Black lady looks like she's got maybe has the internship left to go, might be half way though it.

Asian mage girl is likely almost though her bachelors level education, still has 6 years of education left to go to get a foundation good enough for anything more than a cantrip.

And this last girl...the anime girl...she...just started her education. You don't have the Diploma, you can't call yourself a Wizard yet.

WIZARD

MAGIC

POLYMORPH

SOLVE PROBLEMS WITH MAGIC

BECAUSE WIZARD

Yeah, if she farms for hours for drops, I guess.

>strong black woman who don't need no man
?