Tau Cadre creation thread

Like the titel says this thread will is for the creation of a new Tau cadre/sept

>What Phase was your Sept founded in?(d10)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3nvbhljcCjs
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tau_Lexicon
1d4chan.org/wiki/Creature_Feature_Creation_Table_for_/tg
fantasynamegenerators.com/warhammer-40k-tau-names.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rolled 9 (1d10)

This should be fun.

Outpost/Colonies

We are just a tiny colony at the moment, on their way to become a full fledged sept. Or are they maybe a remote outpost made for spying or resuppling? Who knows. we'll fluff this out later

>What is the predominant terrain of your homeworld? (d10)

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Urban
How do you guys think that this will fit, since we are only a small colony/outpost at the moment. Do you want a re-roll?

Rolled 3 (1d10)

These guys don't get enough love when it comes to creation threads

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Let's reroll

Abandoned Imperial world left to ruin, literal urban jungle at that point? It'd be cool since I don't think there are any tau that deal with urban warfare that I know of

Ice. An ice world, cold...all year round

>Which tactical philosophy does your commander prefer?(d10)

Do you think we can improve it in any way?

How about we combine ice and urban? Maybe a crystorm forze many large cities many millenia ago?

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Urban was cooler than ice, I'd say, but whatever

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Any colony on a planet with inhospitable weather or atmosphere would have to be urban, by virtue of the protection needed. You could also have a colony that consists of a single large urban area surrounded by a sparsely populated agricultural areas. That'd ease up your infrastructure and transportation burden and would make a great deal of sense if the colony was primarily centered around military purposes.

Fuck I suck at spelling today!
>Cryostorm*
>froze**

Dice dubs!

Kauyon, the Patient Hunter – Lure your enemy into a trap and surprise them

Ok, next roll:
>Which tactic does your cadre prefer?(d100)

Rolled 51 (1d100)

These guys are turning out cool so far

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Hybrid with stationary units supporting mobile ones

We are a mixed lot of dudes here.

>What is the primary function of your cadre?(d10)

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Rolled 7 (1d10)

dice dubs again!!

Peacekeeping/Policing
Guess we keep law and order around a newly annexed planet? Now urban makes sense atleast. Is it a human planet or some other minor xenos?

>What is the Ethereal Caste presence/adherence to Greater Good?(d10)

That's the tiniest space marine I've ever fucking seen.

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Higher than normal presence/adherence to Greater Good

>What is the size of the auxiliaries in the Cadre?(d10)

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Shit, I rolled a ten, use this for something

Well, than 10 would be "A xenophobic lack of aliens in Cadre" if you want that for this roll here

That's cool for me

>xenophobic
>above average devotion to their religion
>Urban colony

Starting to sound suspiciously like the Imperium

>Peacekeeping+Xenophobia
Is this the Judge Dredd Cadre?

Monkey see, monkey do

Anyways, what species are the little alien auxiliaries we do have?
>What is the composition of the auxiliaries?(d20)

Rolled 10 (1d20)

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Majority of auxiliary are Galg Mercenaries

Ok a small band of mercenaries are helping us keep the peace and maintain law and order With maybe a few deadly beatings

This is what I found about the Galgs. From lexicanum;

Galgs are green, scaled, frog-like creatures that often form into mercenary bands. Like most mercenaries, they fight for the highest bidder.
The only humans to come into contact with Galgs are other mercenaries, and for this reason they are considered a minor race. Most of them work as mercenaries for the Tau Empire, however, it is unknown if they work for other groups as well. Like many alien races, they have an incredible hate for the Imperium.

>What is the Cadre's preferred enemy?(d100)

Rolled 10 (1d100)

Imperial Guard

I guess they want their planet and/or cities back

>Who is the leader of your Cadre?(d10)

>IG
>With our rolls
youtube.com/watch?v=3nvbhljcCjs

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Shas'el - Fire Caste Noble

>How would characterize your leader?(d10)

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Va'yan - Proud

Ok that is the entire table, now let's fluff these guys out! First off, what's the name of our sept and leader?

Whoa whoa whoa hombre

Can we get a summary of all the rolls first?

Here's all the rolls

>Our Cadre is an Outpost/colony
>Urban, frozen wasteland
>our tactical philosophy is Kauyon, the Patient Hunter – Lure your enemy into a trap and surprise them
>Our primary function is Peacekeeping/Policing
>Higher than normal adherence to the greater good
>xenophobic lack of auxiliaries
>Galg Mercenaries in very small amounts
>Enemies with Imperial Guard
>Our leader is a Shas'el - Fire Caste Noble
>He is Va'yan - Proud

This might help with the name wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tau_Lexicon

We should probably decide what the hell our sept is before we go on naming anything, though.

I suggest we name the planet/sept/outpost Mek'Ya. It translates to "Safe Planet" to make it sounds good for the rest of the Tau populace and for ther types of propaganda stuff

Was just about t orecommend it myself, that's where I grabbed the names in my post from

>Mek'Ya
I'm okay with Mek'Ya, goes with the whole policing/peace keeping thing that the sept is supposed to be doing.

What, exactly, is our world? What is it like, what's the population and the world? I'm still holding out for a ruined world of another race, possibly destroyed by a now receding ice-age

I like the idea that the planet is in an ice age. But I am not sure if we are goign with other xenos or a former imperial planet

What should our colours be? Any suggestions?

Until recently the planet Mek'Ya was a mostly ignored curiosity, a formerly inhabited world buried under miles deep glaciers of an ice age. However, within the past century, changing weather patterns have resulted in the slow warming of the planet. The Tau, eager to capitalize on the historical significance of the ruins, and the possibility of developing the planet for the Empire's benefit, quickly set up a colony. The singular city, nicknamed the Firepit, is a dense, labyrinthine cluster of interconnected buildings of a, for the Tau, brutal design concerned primarily with withstanding the elements. Geothermal plants burrow deep within the planet and provide warmth for the primarily Earth and Air caste inhabitants. Perhaps due to the pressing need for colonists creating lax emigration standards or the general claustrophobic tedium of the colony, the inhabitants of Mek'Ya have a reputation for unruliness that has necessitated a large Fire Caste deployment to attended to policing duties on top of providing security. Non-Tau presence is minimal, mostly scholarly types helping to discover the nature of the planet's former inhabitants. Galg mercenaries make a small but notable contribution to the police forces, as their status as outsiders lends them to be more trusted when it comes to mediating disputes.

I'm seeing black with red sept markings and gold Logos, maybe some drake blue and dark green to break up the black somewhat.

Sept logo is a circle styled in a similar fashion to the logos from the Dredd suit, but more simplified. The circle has been bisected horizontally in the middle, the bottom half is broken up by three vertical lines, and the top half has an inverse triangle mounted int it's center.

>drake
*dark

Due the recent colonization of the planet, many areas of Mek'Ya is still unexplored. This has lead to the earth and fire case to send out drones out into the wilderness of ice, snow and winds in order to find more suitable locations for further settlements

It's not much, but it's something.

coolors.co/app

Alright guys, here's some ideas for the symbol

Cool user! I like the 3rd one

>drake blue and dark green
I'd go with just the dark blue, I'm not seeing how green would fit in. Plus, Red and Blue make the ultimate color combo

I like the stuff about the planet itself, but I think the Tau should be more xenophobic, either because their mostly firecaste's there and want to set up a "true" tau colony, or because they believe that reliance on xenos is a sign of weakness or something

Firepit is a wonderful name, btw

Maybe there are hostile xenos who doesn't like the idea of the greater good and are fighting a guerilla waragainst they that has been raging for months/years. And over time has made the Tau stationed there more cynical to aliens in general?

That would make sense with our battle strategy, too. Apparently, we bait people into ambushes and stuff, which sounds great for a prolonged guerrilla war with no end in sight

Snowy 'nam meets Judge Dredd. Perfect

Its also possible that the planet is responsible for maintaining Tau military might and the enforcement of the Greater Good across an area of freshly conquered space. It was chosen for it's marginal habitable climate and central location.

It is basically a service station built in the ruins of a once Imperial hive before the planet was abandoned/killed off by the encroaching ice age.

Huge Fire Caste presence in the continued process of training, deploying, recovering and occasionally abouts to be shipped back to the Empire proper for well earned retirement.

The Fire Caste, due to the nature of their work, don't trust non Tau. Even ones that have proven themselves. Truth be told they don't really trust most other Tau by this point bar the Ethereals stationed on their shitty little snow ball.

Their job is to make sure the new world adhere to the Greater Good. Being loved for it is secondary at best.

Just writing some fluff to help this thread out a little:

Fire warrior "Shas'ui Lasa'Elro'che (fire song)" Battlelog #04

This is Lasa'Elro'che, squad leader of the 4th strike team under shas'vre Cal'Eoro. We have been chasing the natives for a few weeks now, and it is starting to take it's toll. I lost one good warrior and a shield drone during a suprise attack at the V'Aras glacier just the other day. He had just made his blood bond with the rest of us too, but we will honour him in our next fight. According to our intel 2 other strike teams are luring the natives into the E'Per canyon just west of here, and we will support them with encircling the enemy and take them out in one feel swoop.
Lasa'Elrp'che out

End of Battlelog #04

Drawfag reportan

If we get what these guys would look like squared away, I can try drawing one out

Could still work with a bunch of human holdouts who know the hive better than the Tau ever will waging a prolonged guerrilla war. It'd make the firecast more apposed to xenos, but, with the colony's obligations to supply fresh troops, can't fully get rid of the pest. So, they hire a few glan to keep the other xenos at bay. That way, they could kill each other, and the Tau stay relatively unmolested

So are we fighting native xenos or humans?

Human remnants on the iceball.

Other xenos on the nearby claimed worlds.

Not sure, we could roll on the minor xenos list. Having be on a former Imperium planet would make sense why the Guard's our enemy

How about we roll up a xeno race?
1d4chan.org/wiki/Creature_Feature_Creation_Table_for_/tg

Nut we say they are sentient (sapient?)

>Nut = But*

Seems like I cannot spell today

I guess we could, but I'll try and make this as quick as possible

Give me a 3d100

Rolled 13, 7, 5 = 25 (3d100)

alright, now try a 6d10

Rolled 10, 4, 7, 5, 9, 7 = 42 (6d10)

alright, we need a d6, a d12, and a d2 before we roll for abilities. I'll start compiling what we got

Rolled 2 (1d6)

Are we picking ice world for them by default?

Rolled 12 (1d12)

Rolled 2 (1d2)

>going with urban/snow for environment, since we already got those
>Eating habits Doesn't Eat - "It has evolved in such a way that it lives off some other form of sustenance such as sunlight, radiation, chemical compounds or the warp itself. It may not even have a mouth."
>reproduction - Allogamy/Autogamy - "Normal reproduction between two species with an egg and sperm."
>Main Sense - Touch
>What major faction deals with this species? - Tau by default, also got Imperial Guard, incidentally
>Dangerous - "Threatening, either through it's skill or the shear amount of them on a world. No one tries to tame or hunt them."
>Exemplary action - Took down a Tempestus Kill Team while they were on a an important mission. A good catch.
>Size - Small
>locomotion - winged
>skin surface - Other - "Anything from skin of rock to slime or from transparency to bark. Choose whatever is cool or fits best."
>6 abilities to roll

we need a 6d35 to finish

Rolled 16, 27, 2, 30, 23, 32 = 130 (6d35)

Rolled 15, 5, 6, 3, 33, 1 = 63 (6d35)

>gaping maw
>ranged attack
>burrowing
>Resilience
>Musk
>Rush attack

>fission
>defensive spines
>deadly attack
>acid blood
>burrowing
>stun

I like the second one better

These xenos are super badass

I like the second one too. And what tech level shoudl these xenos be in? Primitive, indsutrial era, modern era (our irl tech level, etc), spacefaring...

Why not both? They are big into body mods and gadgets.

What should these aliens be called?

fantasynamegenerators.com/warhammer-40k-tau-names.php