Warhammer 40k General

Two Xenos and a Heretic walk into an Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

dreamsaway.co.uk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How's my first draft?

Eldar 1500pts
Pale Courts Battlehost (Decurion)
- Aspect Lord-shrine
- 3 squads of 8 Dire Avengers with Exarch with TL Avenger Shuriken Catapult
- One in Wave Serpent with Holo-fields, Shuriken Cannon and TL Scatter Laser
- Stock Farseer (Warlord)

Aspect Host with +1 BS
- 5x Dark Reaper with Starshot, Exarch with Eldar Missile Launcher
- 6x Fire Dragon, Exarch with Firepike in Wave Serpent with Holo-fields, Shuriken Cannon and TL Scatter Laser
- 6x Swooping Hawks, Exarch with Sunrifle

Wraith Constructs
- Hemlock Wraithfighter

Reason I went with a pale court is because I don't have enough guardians to make a guardian battlehost, and don't like the war walker models.

Got any games coming up? Working on any models?

Two xenos and a heretic you say.

Thinking about getting the Imperial renegade game, should I get it?

>Was supposed to face 2000pts of Orks using that Space 0din fandex but my opponent cancelled ten minutes before we were suppose to play.

Fuck me, right.

Avenger Strike Fighter or Valkyrie for SoB allies?

Avenger doesn't need to be allied in and unless you need a transport it's just better.

Well for transport I could just spam 3 Chimeras with HB and Psybolts, a psyker each and some plasma acolytes

Not him, but does it? I never got Aeronautica. I mean can the Avenger be used by SoB clear? I know the fluff piece says so...

So unless you want to use all 3 SoB heavy slots for Excorsists I'd pick Avenger.

First time trying house rules/custom scenario: Orks vs Tau, 1200 vs 1800

Orks have 2 objective, take the area the tau are holding and kill the Shas'O commnader in the coldstar battlesuit. The tau have to survive for 5-10 rounds, they don't get reinforcements. Orks can take deep strike, and any units removed as casualties may be placed in reserve and deployed as such at the beginning of the next ork turn (effectively a green tide/respawn)

I'm on orks. wish me luck

Any imperial faction ca take from Imperial navy.
Avenger is even made for IG and SoB.

Know that feel

Can it? Why the hell would a Space Marine and Ad Mech take Heavy Marauder Bombers?

But, neat. I know it says that SoB specifically requests them when it goes on Purge Holiday.

You know you won't make it halfway across the board, right?

Is the "Official" SoB air unit. Beside I love the concept of the A-10 Thunderbolt. We have a gun so big and huge! Let's strap wings and see what happens.

this is the info i was looking for, is there a link to GW saying this?

Proof.
Even more so ONLY IG and SoB on this one.

Just cleaned up my workspace and bought new paints in anticipations for my slaanesh stuff arriving in the mail.

Daemons or marines?

Summary.
Forgeworld is "official" it used to be a courtesy to ask your opponent before fielding it.

No. The FAQ only states you can use out of production formations and models (with the example being the void shield generator), nothing about outdated, out of production rules.

When will someone at GW think I try making a fun, semi-balanced ruleset to try to increase sales? I just don't understand why, after years of decreasing sales and market share and a CEO shift, they're still on the "fuck the game and fuck the players" method of game design.

Too bad the Heavy Attack Choices are so crowded with things I love. Exorcist, Penitent and Avenger.

Fast Attack has the same problem. Seraphin and Dominions.

Daemons for the most part.
Some 30k noise marines too

>it used to be a courtesy to ask your opponent before fielding it
At the same time where in codex special characters were on the same level though. Forgeworld has been completely valid for years now.

Got this model coming in the mail. Gonna use her as a Xenos Inquisitor. Hope to run a small Inquisition force alongside Skitmech. Not too sure what else to get though. Probably a chimera and some jokaero. What else is good?

Penitents, a man of good tastes.
I'd love if they moved them to elites like other dreadnoughts.

i showed up late to the local GWs and all the tables were taken. i gotta remember to show up just as they open or 30 after. i could go to an actual lgs but i can't be bothered unless it's after school due to distance/driving

also slaanesh chariots to work on. i really need to finish these and get them off my damn desk, it's starting to annoy me

Neat.

Forge World units are fucking shit. Outside of a very very very select few (Manticore Batteries and Rapiers) they're worse than codex shit. Eldar Wraithknight is superior to practically everything. Compare it to a Hierodule.

My boring bread and butter is 4 Excorsist over 2 Cads and 1 avenger and 3 penitents.

I'd love to field my March of the machine list.
The Repentant host says 3+ Penitent engines. Apoc
I filled it with 17 Penitents. 1825 points.
I want to walk forward and burn my enemy.

Warex? It's a similar stance to Raging Heroes Adryanna, but I prefer Adryanna and going use her as a Canoness. I wish I had gotten the Inquisitor proxy from Raging Heroes, but I've not got the ability to make models at the moment, so would just be storing crap.

Acolytes are good thou. I like Land Raider Crusaders with Psybolt Ammo.

I'd love to get the yagas, since I usually run 4 psykers (Inquisitor and 3 psykers one in each acolyte squad) Cheap psyker spam.

Hey guys ! Any CSM cabal players among you ? How do you deal with Tau ?
I mean, I tried, I cast invisibility+endurance on my bike squad, but then he just went "ok, I markerlight this and boom, no more save." before utterly wiping the entire squad, two games in a row. And he's not even running something cheesy, justa bunch of fire warriors and pathfinders... Any insignt ?

sometimes i don't understand how forgeworld does their pricing/points. either forgeworld is overpriced or gw just likes to make everything really cheap

for example the hierdule is 1k but 3/4 knights can easily out do it. same with the daemon lords, even the cheapest at 666 points pales in comparison

Has the construction time for a warlord-class titan on a properly equipped forge world ever been stated?

It's been long assumed that Forge World is better at making rules, GW doesn't care and makes shit to sell.

Yeah, tournament practice with a friend tomorrow. I'm having hard time devising a list that can take on riptide wing/stormsurge, necron decurion with three harvests and some war convocations. Probably eldar too.

Was thinking of some drop podded grav with two Nemesis Dreadknights equipped with swords and incinerators. Some troops in reserve for mid to late game objective capping. Or smashfucker deathstar in medusa strike force, but that kind of falls apart without Celestine giving hit'n'run.

Even without a cover save invisibility means he's firing at BS1, and its T5 (T6 with Nurgle) with a 3+ armor.

invisibly says fire snap shots, I don't think marker lights work.

so people actually play like this? damn man, you must have a crazy meta at your store

improve snapshops by markerlights? kinda like shooting at planes

Marker lights work. It's specified. Thats how you can shoot at higher BS during overwatch.

Just checked. We play in V6 and the power's description isnt the same haha it used to give +3 to cover ^^'
Plus is right, at least in 6th, markerlights do improve snapshots :)
Guess I'll just drop the cabal and throw in a fuckton of whateverischeapandnottoowipable next time to run towards him !

Starting to paint three lascannon weapons teams and a primaris pysker for my IG.

markerlights specifically say they work for snapshots, they also work for interceptor and overwatch if you have the drone formation

the only thing i know of that is immune to markerlights is the culexus' etherium

>Whenever enemy units target a Culexus Assassin with shooting or close combat attacks, the shots/attacks are always resolved as if the attacking unit had Ballistic Skill and Weapon Skill

"always" resolved at BS1 means markerlights do nothing for boosting the BS, but they would still remove cover not that it matters for the culexus

Actually it's pretty relaxed. We do fun games too. But for next two weeks we'll be tryharding the shit out of our armies. And playing against tough opponents really improves you as a player too.

just take three deepstriking dreadnoughts with heavy flamers

Deploy them aggressively (since they'll die quickly anyways) and delete pathfinders. If any survive, get them stuck into combat. Mandatory roll on the crazed chart will actually only be a benefit when you're that close.

built this today

SIHT ETELED

No.

To be fair the demon lords are pointed for fluff,
666 Slaneesh
777 Nurgle
888 Khorne
999 Tzeentch

Don't think that skull grinder is worth 888 points

They were also written back in an earlier game version. Before such things as Wraithknights, Riptides, Storm Surges etc. Before Escalation too.

They're talking about An'ggrath, but yeah apocalypse unit point costs were never anything that had to make sense as points are mostly thrown out of the window when it comes to monster mashes.

Are renegades and heretics fun?

They can be. Or they can be a generic horde. Or an elite force of evil goons. It depends on how you build the list.

yes

Are they legal in most 40k circles?

They are a 100% legal, so the only people in your way are the few tosspots that don't like FW for some bizarre reason

Would like an opinion on my 1000 pt List

Primary Detachment
HQ - Chaos Lord
- Mark of Khorne, Axe of Blind Fury, Sigil of Corruption - 135 pts

Troops - Khorne Berserkers (9)
Champ w/ Powersword (Maybe swap for Lightning Claw??) - 196 Pts

Troops - Chaos Marines (10)
- 2 Plasma Guns, Champ w/ Combi Melta - 180pts

Troops - Chaos Cultists (10)
- Flamer - 55pts
Dedicated Transports - 2 Rhinos
- 2 Havoc Launchers - 94 Pts

Formation - Mayhem Pack
3 Helbrutes
1 Twinlinked Lascannon
3 Combi Bolters Built into Powerfists - 340pts

Total : 1000 pts

Not much of a plan besides getting the Lord and Berserkers in to RIP AND TEAR, while hopefully getting the plasma team in cover to bunker down. Using cultists as pure meatshields. Surprise Helbrutes should be fun though i Hope...

I wish that happened to me. I just played my Nurgle Incursion vs. Eldar in preparation for tomorrows game vs. a different guys Eldar.

Long table deployment. His shooting effortlessly ate through 2+ and 3+ cover. His Psychic phase dominated mine. I got 1 power off in 3 turns, he got all his every time. He just lined his army up in his deployment zone and rolled dice. My fully painted and based army got tabled in 3 turns to grey plastic and resin. I had a single unit, a Beast of Nurgle, make it into combat. I didnt kill a single model.

Literally all he did was roll dice, and on turn 3 move his stuff backward to his table edge.

Sweet game.

Honestly im looking to start one up myself, with chaos marines and Daemons as allied Detachments. Not sure how competitive it would be, But it sounds fluffy and fun as hell.

I guess to further my question, should i be worried about fliers at this point level? Honestly im half convinced im not bringing enough special/heavy weapons, though i figure the Helbrutes should be bringing enough, provided they dont mishap on deepstrike.

Actually had a great game with my Orks today.
Played against Dark Eldar at 1500 points.

I bought 20 Warbikers, a Painboy Biker, Zagstruk, a MA Warboss w/ Lukky Stikk, 5 MANz in a battle wagon, 11 Lootas, 4 Kustom Mega Cannons and 4 Shamsha guns. Just two units of Gretchen to fill in my troops.

Pretty much just ran at him and his MSU warriors in Venoms that my bikers just swept and swept. MANz got tied up against his Archon and Incubi on turn three but ended up winning on my turn 5.

I bombarded his scourges with my Mek Gunz before he did meaningful damage though did destroy my Battlewagon.

My orks have been shelved for a while as I played my Necrons but it felt good to get my WAAAGH on.

Dun dun duuuuuun

>he doesn't play in an underground tabletop club

Is this worth reading?

Oh shit yeah, I remember voting on that. The commissar jacket was obviously going to win and the hoodie is no doubt going to be that gaudy as all fuck tau one that only proper neckbeards would wear. IIRC I voted for the far more subtle necron one, but I still wouldn't wear that one either.

So although my Ork opponent fell through like I said I had a fun 2v2 1000pts each DA/BA vs Tyranids (only one flyrant) Tyranids (no Flyrants).

I used a single Ravenwing Attack Squadron to summon a 5 and 6 man Termi Squad with my Int Chappy and Lib running with the command.

With the help of the blood angels Death Company we were able to overcome our Xenos foes by turn 5 with a final score of 9 to 7.

One of the tyranid guy had a TON of tyranid terrain pieces, at least 8 varying sizes of talon spire things that came out of the ground as well as a few that were chopped up so it was pretty cool.

First time seeing the Blood Angels Death Company but I have faced the guy using his home brew. They werent too bad but we were a couple beers in and playing for fun.

Still havent gotten to field my RW fliers.

Will there be a "three Space Wolves and Luna?" t-shirt?

Necron's won.

I want that commissar coat.

How the hell did shitty hoodie #80000000 beat the fucking commisar coat?

Anyone got the comic where she explains how she works? One of the panels was her saying that some people lose it just by seeing her.

I want the commissar coat. Is this official shit?

I remember GW said there is a new 40k comic book and graphic novel series in production, so...

You know they're still gonna make that Commissar coat.

pls GW I need it so bad

Went to my first game today. Was planning on an easy, 1v1 500 points game to learn the rules. Then maybe watch a few others play and then go home.

NOPE! Yanked into an apacalypse match. RIP 5 hours of my life! Didn't end up doing much other than glancing a wave serpant, killing all but three of the fire warriors inside, and bouncing battle cannon shots off a land raider. I wasn't having a bad time though. Just kinda wished I could do more. I suppose a few things of note happened but they didn't concern me much:

One man took his daughter to the game. Then he got a bit salty when an aegis defense line shot down a Thunder Hawk with intercepter, and somehow killed all the occupants. He also didn't know that Jinking forced you to fire snap shots next shooting phase, which was strange, and thought plasma didn't effect vehicles. I think he may have been living in a different edition. Really, my only gripe with him is how he basically took his prepubescent daughter to a game shop, stuck her in an apocalypse game, proceeded to take control of her units for half the game, and yelled about the cheesiness of an aegis line giving cover to it's quad gun 2" away. Set an example, dude! You daughter behaved like a saint for 5 hours and she barely got to play!

Also a Tau player who seemed crazy smug about how powerful Tau are. Seemed to really get his rocks off killing three tanks with a deep strike formation and listing all the bonuses he got. Don't think I'll be playing him much 1v1 if he openly admits he plans on tabling me early in games below apocalypse, but otherwise a nice guy. I'll have to see if he'll play other armies against me instead

Lots of units in various stages of painting. I felt pretty proud of my tiny army being the only one completely painted. I think I had somewhere between second and third best painted units on the table, and the #1 guy paints others' armies for profit. Second place was probably the Tau player.

They're producing 1 hoodie and 1 jacket. Check the percentages, there was two options.

It's officially licensed, yeah. Musterbrand do all sorts of video game gear already.

That Death Company Jacket is fucking awesome. I want it and the Commissar Coat. Fuck hoodies. Imagine trying to explain that to Bong police after being stopped in it.

They've actually been updated in IA:13, and are still that way.
And for the most part they are not worth their price.
But most FW lords of war aren't?

The commissar coat is only going to be good if you get the hat alongside it though.

>Oh no, FW produces that 1 op unit. We better ban it all.

well there are those really big tanks which are about the points of a knight. that's the main problem; everyone wants a lord of war that's maybe 400 or 500 points

>that commissar coat
It'll be terrible, but I hope I'm wrong.

What list were you running, user?

Cool, glad to hear you enjoyed the game.
What army are you playing?
Also show the models, don't tell.

Renegades and Heretics guy here.

Am I right in thinking that Vraks Renegade Unending Host is completely overpowered? I haven't even played a game of this, as I'm still choosing an army, but this just screams crazy op to me.

you're wrong, musterbrand products are extraordinarily well made, pretty pricey though but you play with plastic crack so its expected

Musterbrand is actually quite good.
Though I have to say, GW keeps suprising me with the actual smart buisness moves they've been making as of late. Warhammer apparel could make a killing.

Allright, i have never used formations or decurion stuff, but recently i've wanted an army just consisting of models that' be cool to paint.

So, can i take take any formation from the decurions by themselves ?
I want to use the ''Daemon lord'' command formation so i can take a couple KoS's with my noise marines without any of the faff of need faff like core/auxillari formations.

Rly dont wanna go unbound

jesus i need to do a spellcheck more often.
English is not my first language

It's strong, but far from being as OP as it might sound

You can take formations on their own, or as part of a decurion.

yes you can take formations outside of their respective detachments, they just lose the detachment bonuses

sure if it's a formation. unfortunatly the command daemon lord is not

sweet, thanks for the quick answer.

time to get some dank conversions going

well now i'm just confused

>actual smart buisness moves they've been making
Well, apparently it's fallen through, but this mystic shop was given a license to sell 40k products not too long ago.
dreamsaway.co.uk/