MtG players, how does this make you feel?

MtG players, how does this make you feel?

Looks like an average legacy match.

I never cared for Eggs.

if it was legacy there would be actual interaction.

/thread

>t. moderncuck

Did he just mill his entire fucking deck in a single turn?

t. standardcuck

yep.

But there was interaction, the guy who played Maxx C just fucked up in thinking his opponent couldn't combo enough times to turn his card advantage into an insta-mill.

I heard they fixed this shit.

You heard wrong. An average competitive yugioh player takes around five minutes on their first turn and ends up with at least three creatures that prevent you from doing anything at all on your turn and can swing for 12,000 LP next turn.

Source? I recently won several matches at my LGS with a ninja deck, with at least two games reduced to top-decking by my board control.

freaking hate how Modern Yugioh has turned out, it is way too damn fast paced these days, and incredibly overreliant on combos

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that due nearly exclusively to the introduction of pendulum monsters making summoning more than a single creature per turn possible?

Nearly every CG is going to have it's one-round combos, but pendulum fucked the entire balance for YGO sideways.

I can't tell what the fuck is going on there. Is it playing at quadruple speed or is that how fast people play Yu-gi-oh these days?

It's like Eggs in MtG. The first three or four times you use the deck, it's slow as fucking hell and takes forever. Eventually, you get the hang of it and know what you're looking for/playing next.

It's an obnoxious playstyle in either case.

This match had more interaction than any legacy I've ever played.

So you don't play legacy?

Preferred the older games to be honest. Eternal duelist soul (gba) and world championship 2008 (ds) are still very fun to play and I'll run through them from time to time. Glad i got out when i did so i never had to deal with that shit.

Played 2009? How did you beat the Clown Rush?

Pretty sure it's the replay after the match.

Glad I don't play legacy or yugioh.

The opponent wasn't actually milled out, the opponent used a card that makes you draw a card every time your opponent special summons a monster for the rest of the turn, and then the viewpoint player decided to respond by special summoning 35 times in one turn.

Do people really compare this to legacy? The fuck?

>pendulums
OP is the fault of synchros, and synchros were the first real breath of originality in the yugioh tcg. Yugioh was a mess from the start, their new 'mechanics' are brilliant in comparison.

The deck used, which is just Synchro masturbation, barel

This is wrong. Some decks go for turn 1 unbreakable fields, like D/D/D or Metalphoes, but a lot of other decks don't.

Its not as fast as you think it is. Only combo decks rely on combos. Stun decks don't.

Watch the webm. There are 0 Pendulums in it. DracoPals were stupid because of how the cards interacted, not because they were pendulums and Qliphort was could run all the floodgates.

A deck similar to the one in the webm, Dark Synchro has topped quite a few time in the OCG. The deck dies to any form of disruption.

Game was speeding up already during Synchro days, and got really fast during XYZ/ZexaL days. Pendulum is actually kinda slow compared to other plays and much easier to disrupt, not to mention that Pendulums have hard time placing it in competitive setting (though Majespecter and Performapals did have good plays here and there).

>though Majespecter and Performapals did have good plays here and there

Performage Performapal was so good, that Konami decided just to kill that deck with an emergency list. At full power, it's the strongest deck in the game, excluding FTKs.

Monarchs and BA were/are still better.

Better than Performage Performapal with 3 Luster, 3 Ignister, Juggler, Plushfire, and Ptolemaeus?

This.

Considering that Performage Performapals stayed 4th best deck consistantly, yeah.

I came here to post this.

Not in the OCG. The deck never existed in the TCG at full power, that's what the emergency banlist was for.

....Is this from someone that doesn't play legacy, like, at all? Even storm cycles less cards around. Or compare to dredge, which as well seems to be more straightforward and shorter interaction.

This is a Maxx C challenge, not an actual game

/thread

"replay" would explain how the viewpoint player can see the other guy's deck.

Could you imagine some asshole pulling this in the ancient egypt shadowgames

Motherfucker would have been buried alive for all the broken backs he caused making his opponents carry all their stone tablets at once.

Synchro, mostly. It accelerated the gamepace to mach five and now it's gained too much momentum for them to slow it down. Pendulum is just the devs trying to top themselves.

Both are essentially 'Wait a minute did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn?' mechanics though.

People who complain about pendulum, don't know the game very well. It's super easy to disrupt, and it still relies on your hand, so you get one spurt, then it is spent. Even assuming a perfect starting hand, where you go second (This is not assuming card draw), you will play 2 pendulums, and then shit out 4 monsters, leaving you with a totally empty hand, and a complete vulnerability to the ton of board wipes yugioh has.

The only time I've ever seen a Pendulum deck that was really effective, was Qli, because all the monsters in it are pendulum monsters, so when they die, they go on top of the extra deck rather than to the graveyard, and they can be re-pendulum summoner from there. Even then, it's still super easy to demolish with any form of spell/trap removal.

XYZ is still absolute bullshit though. The mechanic isn't inherently bad, but they just fucked it up by making one of the easiest and most versatile was to get out monsters, result in some of the strongest monsters. It's way too easy to splash super powerful XYZ monsters into any deck.

Clown rush?

I mean Clone Rush. I know how to beat clowns. Tangelos.

Still not sure what you mean user.
Hardest thing about 2008 was all the gate challenges where your deck has to be built a certain way. In eds it was just getting good cards, since you only got one pack per match. Really hard to get a coherent deck in that one.

In 2009 before the final boss you have to fight four clones of yourself, and there is no breaks hence the "Rush".

Sounds wierd. But like i said last one i played was 2008

>too fast
Nigga you're implying that there's such thing.

Never thought that once-in-a-lifetime webm would be used as a "this is what yugioh has become"

you dumb cunt. that's only because Full power PePe lasted a whole 2 weeks.

You are wrong and have been corrected.

If that was Legacy, his opponent would have Force of Willed him to break the combo chain once he accrued enough card advantage.

>the introduction of pendulum let you summon more than 1 monster per turn
That is some next level ignorance right there.

Makes me feel glad that I stopped with this game after the final episode of the original anime.
I liked the early 2000s a lot more where it was just simple beatdown decks.

You don't have enough FoWs in your deck to stop the CA train, and that's before Gofu fuckery.

Maxx C is a sideboard card used to stop special summon vomit by giving the guy that pitched it a fuckload of CA if the other guy doesn't stop, which works against decks that aren't wholy designed around special summoning a million times in a single do-or-die combo, it's also called the Maxx C challenge.

>I have never played a Domain Monarch mirror
Shit goes to time all the damn time.

Fully powered PePe existed for like 2 weeks before getting butchered for turning the game into a coinflip because any hand led to a board lock and lethal damage on board turn 1.

It's a sideboard card backfiring.

Metalfoe variants don't care, they just get Unicorn and stuff on board and make your life miserable, and PePe was Satan before getting butchered, rank 4 is dead outside of Lightning, Castel and Abyss Dweller, the only other xyz that sees play is Titanic Galaxy.

Why could the POV player see his opponent's hand?

it's a replay, ya dingus

I quit yu-gi-oh after they banned the dragon rulers.
I liked to play Lightsworn rulers./Godsworn.
I quit after they put them on ban list.

Was excited when they showed the XYZ minerva card, they made it a prizecard GJ KONAMI.

Konami is just printing money i loved how they Reprinted Exciton in 2016 tin just to put it on banlist.

The meta is just around the new sets mostly 3-4 viable decks in meta. Glad i quit it.

k3k