Quick qestion for all you fa/tg/uys

Did any of you make your own card battling system?

Pic very related.

Other urls found in this thread:

furaffinity.net/user/lightanddarkdragonman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So what is it? a block-shaped Ghastly, Haunter and Gengar?

>Did any of you make your own card battling system
Yeah I did, actually

Honestly I don't know, I stumbled upon this guy's FA and I decided to see if anyone else made their own card game system, I can try and root through his pictures to see what he is talking about if you like.

Here is another card that apparently can only be used as a summon in tandem with the same monster, I do dig the idea of an evil fork.

I am not really seeing the connection between these cards, can anybody else see one?

really crappy art.
I made my own custom cards when I was like....10-ish. I'd feel like a childish dumbass if I tried doing that today.

The guy who drew this is 28.

I didn't make my own system, but like the dude that's being posted, I did design some YGO cards in middle school. They never got past "pencil doodle on my notebook when I was bored in class" stage, and I was smart enough to not show them off, but I still did it.

You brought the furry, prepare for the fury.

For the curious

furaffinity.net/user/lightanddarkdragonman/

Who knows, maybe it is a viable card battle system.

Yeah, Duel Masters with no colors, but everything could also be cast from the mana zone(mana reburst) and there was an additional resource that had some strange properties.

I made a simple card battle game set in the Dark Sun setting called "Legion". Rules are very simple and are inspired by games like Triple Triad in the sense that it's not balanced. There are clearly better cards than others, and the idea is that you need to collect better ones as a game goes on. Although there are multiple ways to play the game, which can affect how good a card is.

Does anyone care if I dump 8 images to explain how the game works?

>Legion is a collectible card game popular among Athasian traders and gamblers It's often played in taverns and other communal areas, as rare as those may be. It is a game of both strategy and chance, making it the perfect gambler's game.

>The goal of the game is simple. Finish the game with more points than your opponent. In order to play, you must be in possession of at least 3 Legion cards, although having 5 is recommended. Legion cards depict various creatures, and you command them in your figurative battle against your opponent.

Here is an example of a card. Each card has three numbers on it: on the left, center, and right. These numbers are compared against those of other cards during the game. Multiples exist of the same cards, but every card with the same picture must have the same numbers. Forgeries with the wrong numbers are not taken kindly to.

Basic Ruleset:
Athas is a big place, so the game is played with many different rules depending on where you are. But these are the basic rules that most people are familiar with.

1. Choose 3 to 5 cards and reveal them to your opponent.

5 cards are recommended, but if you don't have that many, the game can be played with as few as 3. Having fewer cards means that your opponent will know exactly which ones you are using, which can put you at a disadvantage.

2. Choose three of these cards, and place them on the table face-down, in positions of your choosing.

Which order you put them in is up to you, but it's a good idea to look at your opponent's most threatening cards and plan your positioning based off of them.

3. Begin the first round.

In the first round, the person who initiated the game (or the winner of the previous game, if this is not the first) decides which card of theirs to flip up, and informs the other player. The other player then decides which card of theirs to flip up. Both cards are then flipped simultaneously.

4. Compare cards and determine the winner of the round.

The numbers on the two flipped cards are compared. Use the number that corresponds to the position of your opponent's flipped card.

In the previous example, the upper player's "7" beats the lower player's "4".

Move the losing card to "Retreat" position, and add the difference between the two numbers to the winning player's score. (If it's a tie, then both cards are moved to the "Retreat" position, and scores are unaffected.)

5. Repeat for the next two rounds.

The winner of the previous round chooses their flip first. If the previous round was a draw, then the opposite player who led last round chooses their flip first. Attached image is how this example game plays out.

In the second round of that example, the upper player flips their center card and the lower player flips their left card. The upper player wins that round, gaining 1 point. In the third round, both players flip their only remaining card on the right side, and the upper player wins that round, gaining 2 points. The upper player wins the game 6-0.

6. The winning player may claim one of the loser's cards as their own.

To the victor goes the spoils. Any of the 5 cards shown at the beginning of the game may be selected by the victor and taken permanently. Most games of Legion are also played for a modest coin wager.

Capital Rules:

The Capital Rules are a bit less forgiving, and more complicated.

Capital Rules are the same as basic rules, with the following exceptions:

1. Retreated Cards offer reinforcements.

Once a card is moved to the "Retreat" position, it will offer reinforcements in subsequent rounds. In Capital Rules, the above example game's first round would have been the same, but the next two rounds would have played out differently:

(see image)

In the second round, the "6" of the lower player's retreated center card gets added to their left card's "1", making a total of "7", winning over the upper player's "2" and earning the lower player 5 points.

In the third round, the upper player's retreated center card provides reinforcements, but it isn't enough, and the lower player wins the round, earning 2 points, as well as taking the game 7-3. The victor is completely different in Capital Rules.

2. The loser forfeits all of their retreated cards.

Instead of picking one card to claim at the end, the winner gets to keep all of the cards that they defeated. In the case of a Total Retreat, like in the Basic Rules example game, the winner gets all 3 of the opponent's cards. (They cannot claim either of the two unused cards.)

Me and a friend planned an Office Management game, although I can't remember if you played two competitors or cooperated. It had staff cards, event cards, room cards and so on and was imagined as a cross between Chez Geek, Illuminati and Boss Monster, although we hadn't played any of those and the last wasn't even released.

Slaver's Rules:

Unlike the name would suggest, the Slaver's Rules aren't exclusively used by slavers. They're just a set of alternative rules occasionally used in some gambling circles.

In Slaver's Rules, emphasis is placed on card cohesion rather than the strength of individual cards. The rules are the same as basic rules, with the following exceptions:

1. Face-up cards with the same numbers offer reinforcements.

For example, if two cards have a "3" on the Right, and the opponent flips their Right card, the 3 and 3 are added together to make 6.

And that's it. Not a very complicated game, but I think it lends itself to a little bit of depth, and it was fun to play on Roll20 during a D&D campaign every now and then.

Made a tcg with /m/ a while back. It was pretty fun. Still like designing card games, although more single, shared deck things that you can pull out wherever and with whoever, and play.

Yup. It actually caught on a lot in fourth grade. Then some new kid ruined it by bloating all the numbers because they were used to yugioh and made busted ass cards.

Still doing mine

I have done my own card game, rulebook and all. It is something I am actually really proud of. It has been in a playtesting phase for a while now. I just stopped active developing for due to other things going on. I also am getting sick of seeing stolen art and card designs on the cards I made. (I used Magic set editor for the ease of use.) I just have no chance to make original art for several hundreds of cards and that is pretty upsetting.

I have started developing a card battle system that would be used as the combat implement in an RPG.

It's somewhat reminiscent of magic, but not really. You use your hand cards as your primary spell cost resource. The game would also be without turn order, so it works around with time instead of turns.