Altering History CYOA

Love and War Between Immortals Edition!

Previous Thread: Resources: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7BuylZWKxemY2M0OHJTbEhOQjQ&usp=sharing&tid=0B7BuylZWKxemS2dJNElOYkpjSHc

Ideally, everyone should post (or re-post) their build here, including a name and whatever elaboration on your plans you would like to.
We currently have two Shared Worlds for roleplay. One is the mundane Common World, where you start in 2000BC along with many other immortals. The other is brand-new Aloadan, a fantasy world.

You may also play in your own private world or start a new Shared World. Please specify which in your build.

Some of these builds may form the basis of Companions in a future edition of Altering History, so specify a name if you wish to, or specify that you do not wish your build to be a Companion.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/8eBr1m23]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fantasy DLC.

First Shared World aka Common World
Map and
Dramatis Personae (Twenty Immortals so far!)

>GreekoRoman user aka Caesar Immortales

Claims: Southern Europe and Western Africa. Seat of power in Rome.

>AngelAnon. Sitmut-Nefert aka the One True Goddess
Claims: Sardinia at first then after losing it South and Meso America

>Saparnitu, Mother of Heroes, Whore of Babylon

Claims: Mesopotamia, Persia, Eastern Africa. Seat of power in Babylon.

>Middle Kingdom Gengis Khan

Claims: China and East Asia.

>Great Zardoz, feeble Holy Man support

>Ingvar Haraldsson, the Viking Uniter
Claims: Scandinavia, Belarus and Russia. Settlements in North America.

>Nirshtu the Stranger

>Elven King, the Benevolent, Sorcerer of the Misty Continent.
Claims: Australia

>Wee Aboo, Eternal Emperor of Sunrise Land. Nippon Enchanter and Protector of mankind.
Claims: Japan and various Pacific islands.

>Mars the Destroyer

>Father of the Hunt

>Srutos the Lucky Briton
Claims: The British Isles.

>Penguin user
Claims: Antarctica

>Old Man Coyote The Many Named Trickster.
Claims: North America

>The Historian
>Ubnitor
Claims: Sri Lanka

>Aegean island user

>Atman, Old Man of the Mountain

>Felix the Phoenix King
Claims: Indonesia

>Raziel, The Bringer of Gifts

10000BC, Antarctica

Mysterious Stranger (120)

Genius 3 (110)
Polyglot (105)
Commander (100)

Strength and Speed 3 (88)
Reflexes and Reaction 2 (80)
Impervious 4 (64)
Regeneration 3 (55)
Endurance 2 (47)
Super Senses 0 (47)
Temperature Tolerance 1 (44)
Diet 2 (39)
Flight 1 (37)

Beastmaster Major (27)
Stormsage Major (17)
Defiling Major (7)
Icedancer Major (Imbue Minor) (-3)
Shapeshifting Major (-18)

Personal Omni-Weapon (Choose any weapon) (-20)

Shared World (0)

Quests:
Sorcerer Supreme (+10 points on completion, spent on Imbuing Shapeshifting Major)

Previously on Shared World Adventures.

War!
Mars the Destroyer, Nemesis to all, has made his move. His Tauric hordes blaze a trail of complete destruction towards Babylon. Seat of the Mother Goddess. She is fragile, no match for his physical prowess. And her Children too soft to withstand the savagery of his hundred-thousand wolf army. Soon her sons will be slain, her daughters defiled, her city cast down. Mars will nail her head to the last wall of her crumbling Ziggurat. Or will he?
Other Immortals converge towards Babylon. Some to honour old alliances, others to garner favour, or to test new weapons. Perhaps simply to stop to the all-threatening Destroyer. If they manage to work in concert they may well vanquish and neuter the God of War. But a wildcard, the Phoenix King, may tip the balance towards either side.

In contrast, the Americas are at peace. But Sitmut-Neter's legendary temper, and an imprudent trickster who seems to relish in provocations may spark another godly quarrel.

Northern Europe lies in the shade of the Vikings. They grow ever stronger in unity, and they turn to the world outside Scandinavia. Launching expeditions as far as Mount Everest where they meet a terrible fate at the mechanical hands of Atman, and Babylon where a few sell their services as guards to the Mother. They begin colonising the islands to the west and even sail as far as North America. But will Father of the Hunt let them settle there?
In the British Isles, a peculiarly unsure immortal hesitates between embracing Godhood or living a more simple life as a normal if very lucky man.

Meanwhile in the mysterious land of Australia. The Elf King is turning his magical realm into... another kind of magical realm. One full of cute androgynous elves. A few Immortals whose names I won't divulge seem very interested in a tour.

World War Zeroth.
The war to end all wars takes place here, and the winner will conquer the globe.

Verdant Earth + 0
Giant world
Living Forest +0
Caverns of the Expanse 0
*Fungus +1
Isles in the sky +0
Thaumaturgical Fault lines +0
That which has past +3
Periodic Elementalism +4
Spirit Manifest +0
That Which Has Past +3

Populating the earth

Sky Skimmers My race Spirit Singer Minor All 1/10 000 Major +5
Sylvans Friendly ´+3 minor beastmastery Innate 1/10 000 Major -5

Merfolk Neutral -+0 points Master of Motion Minor All 1/10 000 Major

Stonefolk Hostile -3 points Innate: Enchanting Minor All, 1/10 000 Major -5
Taki - Hostile -3 points Innate Defiling Minor 1/10 000 Major -5
Ugrish: Hostile -3 points Binding minor All 1/10 000 Major -5

Humans - Major threat -6 points Blessed One Innate Minor 1/10 000 Major -5

This is a large world, with flying islands, caverns crisscrossing the planet, and enormous trees, with seven races all vying for global domination. It contains precious minerals and crystals with extra-normal properties, and thaumaturgical fault lines. I tried to make the magic relatively even, with each race assigned what I thought was most fitting. All are equally 'good' with magic, where the Minor skill is Innate for everyone, and 1 out of 10 000 have the Major. The threats are versus my race, the Sky Skimmers. My Nemesis in this world is a Human, thus they are my Major Threat. The Ugrish and Taki are some really nasty people, basically attacking everyone they see, vying for more territory. If you'd like to join me in this shared world, my recommendation is to set your allegiances up somewhat similar to my own. One friendly, one neutral, three hostile and one Major Threat.

Sky Skimmers and Sylvans are genetically compatible, so are Stonefolk and Humans.

Pre-Ag, Europe.
1 percenter.
Genius3, 10 points
Memory1 3 poitns
Commander 5 points
Map Maker 5 points

Strength and speed lvl 2 8 points
Reflexes lvl 2 8 points
Impervious lvl 3 12 points
Non-Reactor 2 points
Regeneration lvl 2 6 points
Emdurance lvl 1 4 points
Senses1 2 poitns
Temperature tolerance lvl 3 9points
Beauty 2 poimts
Born in the water 2 points
Mage eye 2 points
Level 1 Flight 2 points
Iron gut 2 points

Telepathy Major 10 points
Master of Motion Major 10 points
Firedancer Minor Imbue 5 points
Firedancer Major 10 points
Defiling Major 10 points
Enchanting Major 10 points
Illusion major 10 points
(Innate) Spirit Singer Minor

Items Companions 25

2 points Companion
Book of Knowledge 5 points
Inheritable-All
Genius- Limited 4 points
Inheritable -Great Descendants
Genius 3 10 pts
Extended Lifespan 5 points

Nemesis 20
A Shared World 20
Beastfoe 15

Chosen quests
God Emperor
An Empire Eternal

Extra quests
Sorcerer Supreme
The Federation
The Historian

I'm a Sky Skimmer, living ontop of one of the floating worlds. Allied with my forest-living Sylvans, I seek to dominate the world and subjugate the humans and Stonefolk, with the other races needing annihilation in order for me to complete my quests. The floating islands I call home are constantly moving, seeking to map out the constantly changing thaumaturgical lines and use them to my benefit. Using enchanting I can make excellent weapons for my people, arrows that explode in conflagration upon impact and swords that spread sickness and disease when cut. While the Humans are my mortal enemy, my allies the Sylvans, are under attack from primarily the Taki, and we must to defeat them well have to work together. I'm counting on the Ugrish to keep the humans attention away from me until the Taki has been eliminated, as it's likely that the Stonefolk and Humans will cooperate against me.

Being able to use moving floating islands as my base will make it difficult for the humans to attack me, giving me a slight edge over their vastly superior numbers. I never plan on fighting anyone directly, and committing large forces to one engagement will be anathema. Instead I seek to use aerial attacks with ranged weapons and quickly disappear afterwards throught MoM portals, leaving the dead defiled and risen to attack anyone at random.

PenguinAnon? Have you changed anything compared to your old build?

My first build didn't have the Shared World points. They're in my later posts, but I wanted to have the updated build all in one. Plus, I found a picture that matches my vision for the character.

Ability-wise, I've changed Impervious 1 to Impervious 4, and added Endurance 2.

IIRC your plan is to uplift the whole penguin race and live as one of them? What's your attitude towards other Immortals?

I want to teach my followers magic and mobilise them into an army. I won't take the appearance of a penguin, except for stealth (Beastmaster ability makes them loyal to me despite my appearance). I'm generally neutral towards other Immortals unless they threaten me or my tribe.

Whereas most of the Immortals are consumed by petty wars or indulging in their whims and fantasies, a few concern themselves with the longer-term.
Underneath his smiling facade the Teacher of the Wizard Island accrues more and more power, hoarding magicians and elemental servants for his demonic masters.
The Old Man atop his Mountain busies himself in his hidden laboratory creating the horrors of tomorrow. No matter to him the countless lives he consumes in pursuit of his inventions.
The Nippon Emperor is also playing a larger game, producing arms in anticipation of a Darwinian struggle between humanity and the new Immortals' offspring.
And in the northernmost place, a strange avian army gathers...

I shall leave my nest and bring with me my herd to the lands. While I may side with Mars, I only wish to put down a pest that will poision the waters of your lands aswell. If you shall let me through, I shall not bring harm to thee but to cross my path is dangerous. Hic sunt dracones.

Name: Moroi, Lord of the Cursed Realm

Start Time/Location: Beginning of the DLC Shared World, Mysterious Stranger, vaguely modern-day Romania ( I've got to go with the classics here)

Race: Human (Vampire)

Appearance: A tall, handsome man. Looks like he could be Dracula's cousin, has the accent, too. He will change forms fairly often, but that is his most-used one.

----------------------------------------------

Drawbacks; Shared World (+20)
The Slow Pace Of History (+15)

----------------------------------------------

Genius III (10)
Memory of the Ages II (17)
Polyglot (22)
Gift of Gab (27)
Commander (32)
Economist (37)
Strength and Speed III (49)
Reflexes and Reaction II (57)
Impervious IV (73)
Pain Control (75)
Non-Reactor (77)
Regeneration III (86)
Endurance II (94)
Super Senses (99)
Temperature Tolerance III (108)
Diet 0 (108)
Iron Gut (110)
Flight II (115)
Mage Eye (117)

-----------------------------------------------

Major Stormsage (127)
Major Shapeshifting (137)
Major Defiling (147)

-----------------------------------------------

Wanderer's Journal (150)
Book of Culture (155)

I am the most powerful of all Vampires.

My land, once it is conquered by my army of undead, is to become a haven for vampirekind.

The sky shall be shrouded in clouds, enough to block out the harmful effects of the sun. The mortal populace shall be kept under our careful supervision, and small amounts of them will be taken as feeding-cattle.
The forests in this land are vast and wild, the mountains tall and wide, all to keep meddling mortals away from us. My undead will soon build a great castle, the Castle Moroi, to be a home for our kind.

We shall band together, away from the prying eyes of mortals; and if the Hunters are foolish enough to follow us here then we can and will crush them together.

Though I only desire to create a safe haven for my people, I am ready for war (possibly on the whole world) if necessary in making that desire a reality.

Fucking Christ. I did not see the dumb 'Joyreactor' bullshit on that image.

I should get a new picture for him (that one is intended to show him in his full war-gear).

[Making a Pastebin for my build so I can repost it when the original thread dies. pastebin.com/8eBr1m23]

[Also, formalizing my claim on the Isles. I've had a whole night to think about it, and have realized that will be more fun.]

You're on the map! Is the location what you wanted?
And remember. In the game of immortal thrones, you win... or you get turned into a waifu.

[Seeing which side I'm on, I have already prepared an character image in case one of two user gets their ways of the world.]

[Atleast I known where Freya got her legend from in this time line...]

>mythology is full of matricide
That is worrying! I would hate to be cleft in twain like Tiamat. I will have to suppress that awful story, forbid its telling and erase it from all the tablets. I actually have the Betrayal drawback so one of my Most Favored will turn against me one way or another. :(

Hello there! How would you feel about me sending an ambassador to your realm?

Why?? Why would you side with Mars? I honestly don't understand.
If you're referring to me, I don't have any particular plans for the world. I won't conquer anything or change anything really. I'm happy just focusing on my family.

Thanks for making this, user.

Excellent resources.

Very cool... literally. /dadhumor

If you're going to be a player in the Game of Thrones for the shared world, though, you'll need to start in 2000 B.C. If you're just staying in Antarctica, i don't think it matters so much.

To clear, are you proposing this as an alternate DLC world? That's fine, and if people like yours better I won't be upset, but you should give it a name. Anyway, it sounds like you have a good plan.

>Underneath his smiling facade
Facade! user, you wound me... I am but a humble teacher.

>Though I only desire to create a safe haven for my people
Such false pacifism... you would capture mortals for "feeding-cattle", while claiming peaceful intentions?

[He's siding with Mars the Destroyer because Atman, his sworn foe, is fighting against Mars the Destroyer. He only wants to deal with Atman, and sees this as an opportunity.]

I am not a pacifist. To secure a haven for my people, others must be used to sustain us. That is how we vampires are.

Since I don't know if Sitmut saw it before we all migrated, here's my response:

I'll happily negotiate with you. I bear no ill will to another of my caliber.
I'll change my starting point to 2000BC then. I doubt much will change in Antarctica.

Re-Posting DLC World. Added Neutral Flitters because Coyote wanted them, and it doesn't hurt.

Aloadan, the Green (World of Myth and Wonder DLC World)

* Giant Earth
* Verdant Earth
* Living Forest (Big Trees only)
* Isles in the Sky
* That Which Has Past (Balanced)
* Arcanum Discors
* Steampunk (Classic)
* Reality is Perception (Weak, Balanced)
* Supernatural Wildlife (-3 version, with some helpful creatures too)
* Periodic Elementalism (+2 version)
* Thaumaturgical Fault Lines (Wild Magic)
* Spirits Manifest
* Shadow World (Only vague tales of it are known to any of the races)
* Vampires + Without Weakness + Curable + Vampire Hunters 2

Blessing: ALL Races: Extended Lifespan (Doubled)

In the world, the following magics are *learnable*: Enchanting, Binding, Spirit Singer, Blessed One. For the races that are listed as having those magics, that just means those races start with the knowledge. Any race can learn any of the learnable magics. You can assume that roughly 1 in 100 in the species has mastered the Learnable magics, though this number can vary over time. Dragons are the exception; they ALL know ALL of the learnable magics.

All other magics are *inherent*, meaning they can only be achieved if you are born with it, or if an immortal imbues you with the magic.

As a player, you must choose to play as one of the Neutral Races only. Remeber that the races are assumed to be balanced in terms of global power at the "start time"

(1/2)

>Neutral Humans
Minor Divination, 1 in 100; Major Divination, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Blessed One, Binding
>Neutral Sylvans
Minor Illusion, 1 in 100; Major Illusion, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Spirit Singer, Blessed One
>Neutral Stonefolk
Minor Earthdancing, 1 in 100; Major Earthdancing, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Enchanting, Binding.
>Neutral Ugrish
Minor Firedancing, 1 in 100; Major Firedancing, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Enchanting, Spirit Singer
>Neutral Piskel (You MUST purchase Born in the Water to play as a Piskel, and you cannot breathe Air without Endurance perk)
Minor Waterdancing, 1 in 100; Major Waterdancing, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Binding
>Neutral Avare (You MUST purchase at least Flight 1 to play as an Avare)
Minor Airdancing, 1 in 100; Major Airdancing, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Enchanting
>Neutral Giants (You MUST purchase at least Impervious 1 and Strength & Speed 1 to play as a Giant)
Minor Stormsage, 1 in 100; Major Stormsage, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Blessed One
>Neutral Centauric Tribes
Minor Beastmaster, 1 in 100; Major Beastmaster, 1 in 10,000
Learned: Spirit Singer
>Neutral Flitters
Minor Illusion, 1 in 100. Minor Spirit Singer, 1 in 100.

>Hostile Taki
Minor Telepathy, 1 in 100; Major Telepathy, 1 in 100
>Hostile Those Beneath
Minor Shapeshifting, 1 in 100; Major Shapeshifting, 1 in 100
Minor Defiling, 1 in 100 (different than the shapeshifters)
Learned: Binding, Enchanting
>Hostile Dragons
Minor Master of Motion, ALL
All have ONE of: Minor Fire/Water/Earth/Air-dancer.
Learned: Binding, Enchanting, Spirit Singer, Blessed One

Humans and Ugrish are genetically compatible.

Start time is 0 B.C. in terms of technological development, though a very small percent of the world is actually "settled"

Again, I'm playing as an evil character in this DLC World, but a Lawful Evil character instead of the less friendly Mars the Destroyer.

Moroi is mostly concerned with managing his own realm, and despite calling them cattle, he treats his mortals well. Like valued pets.

>I'll happily negotiate with you.
Great! :)
What would it take for you to teach one of my children Minor Icedancing?

Reposting:
>Whore with a Thousand Spawn! My horde and I have come to the borders of your lands. Have you anything to say to me before I begin my trail of destruction?
I'll enjoy your threats a lot more once your voice is high and sultry.
In the meantime, you're welcome to crash into my walls. You'll find them solid and well-manned. My people will defend me under the direction of my many Children. And we will not be alone to face you. The formidable Greeko-Roman Armies will come, according to our treaty. Wee Aboo's Artifact Knights sailing on his magical ships will cut off your supplies distract you all along the way. Ubnitor's portals spewing Elementals will sow chaos and terror in you ranks. Once you reach Mesopotamia the very land will turn against you and all the spirits will curse you at Nirshtu's call!

Well, since it contributes to my Sorcerer Supreme quest, I'll do it for free (as long as you facilitate my travel). Perhaps goodness is its own reward. Be warned though, Ice is as fragile as it is powerful.

Your Children are weak compared to me, Whore, and your people are no match for my hardened soldiers.

I can crush your solid walls without much effort on my part, and your allies are not here for a while.

The Emperor's Knights cannot cut me off from supplies, as we are an army with no land to call home. We take what we need from the places that we raze.

Ubnitor's Elementals are limited. He will want to defend his island fortress, and so he, like the Emperor, will not send the bulk of his forces to face me.

Do not think that I do not have allies, either. The beasts of the wild will come to my aid, and the Phoenix King is as of yet undecided.

But at least for now, it's just you and I, and a city that is soon to be ashes.

[OOC: Mars will almost certainly lose this conflict, but I very much doubt that he'll die. He might even escape, rather than getting himself imprisoned or made into a waifu. Also, he is pretty fucking powerful, so he is likely to deal some heavy damage you your armies and city.]

>>GreekoRoman user aka Caesar Immortales
I wanted to change Shapeshifting Major to something else, since the Angeltopia probably won't happen anyway.
But then I cant waifu-ise Mars…

[*to your armies and city.]

>Ubnitor's Elementals are limited. He will want to defend his island fortress, and so he, like the Emperor, will not send the bulk of his forces to face me.
>But at least for now, it's just you and I, and a city that is soon to be ashes.
Both false, for I have unparalleled logistical capabilities with legion elementals themselves able to open portals across the world, now that my scouts have seen them through to Babylan. I have no need to leave forces to defend my island, for I can be back there in a moment. You face here and now the fullest strength of my armies, in alliance with my dear allies.

If you bring your full forces with you, wizard, then I shall tear your full forces apart.

I am War. None among the Immortals can kill me, but I can certainly kill them.

Your elementals may destroy my army, but I never tire. I could fight them for a thousand years and still not die.

You may have forged manacles for me, but you will not and cannot find anyone strong and swift enough to place them upon me.

Even the Child of the Whore, the one who can rival even me in might, cannot withstand the flames of my fury.

Babylon shall fall, and the world shall fall after it.

Trying out the "Nearly Mortal" thing. Eladin is a moral inverse from my other character.

Eladin, the Teacher

Slow Pace of History +15, Nearly Mortal +20, Weak +5, Shared World +20

(133) Memory of the Ages 1, Wellspring of Harmony, Polyglot, Genus Level 3, Gift of Gab, SEP Field, Pain Control, Endurance 2, Iron Gut, Mage Eye

15 Major Shapeshifting + Imbue Minor
20 Major Beastmaster + Imbue Major
15 Major Telepathy + Imbue Minor
10 Major Divination + Imbue Major (Discounted from Human)
20 Major Master of Motion + Imbue Major
15 Major Illusion + Imbue Minor
20 Major Stormsage + Imbue Major
(18)
15 Twenty-Five Companions
3 Memory of the Ages 1 for Companions
(0)

Eladin will be staying completely off the radars of the major players for a very long time. Beginning in the vast expanses of the African continent, he will live among the Sylvan peoples there (Major Shapeshifting). He has the ability to offer immortality to twenty-five companions, which he should easily be able to bargain into taking on some of the greatest masters of the learned arts of Spirit Singer and Blessed One from the Sylvans. Meanwhile, he will be imbuing countless sylvans with his own magics, after ensuring they do not have dark hearts, and teaching them.

After half a century, he'll likely move on to stay with the Stonefolk, and repeat the process, leaning their Enchanting and Binding magics while some of his companions stay behind.

The goal is that his 25 companions will serve as immortal teachers of countless magics to the worthy, while he travels about imbuing magic that the companions will teach the use of. His goal is to ensure that the civilized races have enormous amounts of magical potential at their disposal in order to combat the darker elements of the world.
Enchanting, Binding, Spirit Singer, Blessed One

Father, if you stop this foolish assistance of the hateful Mars, I will aid you in your goal to end the abomination on the mountain top, along with Coyote.

If you do not, and if Mars succeeds in his genocidal goals, you will have proven your self an enemy of mankind, and I will have little to lose in seeing your vast forests burn to the ground. I likely cannot kill you, but I have a place of impenetrable safety from which I can utterly ruin the nature you claim to love.

Stay your hand, so that you do not force mine.

>Your elementals may destroy my army, but I never tire. I could fight them for a thousand years and still not die.
Oh, certainly. Their only job is to destroy your armies, and then leave. I'm not so foolish as to thing that a mere elemental can stop one as you.
[OOC: I'm learning a lot here about what needs to be changed for 2nd edition. If Strength & Speed 3, Reflexes & Reactions 2 and Impervious 3-4 are absolute requirements to be able to stop a bloodthirsty opponent, then there's something seriously wrong with the system. It's fine when it's single player, but for multiplayer stuff absolute invulnerability is not a good thing from a fun perspective. ]

[OOC: Definitely. I intended my build to focus on magic and trickery, yes, but I didn't expect to insta-lose to anyone with S&S III and/or Invulnerable III. Either bump up the price so you have to specialize to the point of having practically nothing else, or just drop the power level of everything so there is no "insurmountable," just "difficult."

[Yeah, I understand. When I made Moroi, I wanted a character that, despite being as nigh-invulnerable as Mars the Destroyer, could still be killed. Fire and sunlight are still very effective against him, after all.]

[OOC: It's going to be a while, weeks minimum, until I do 2nd edition.

I could just throw an idea out there that we could agree to limitations on certain abilities in the meantime? My suggestions would be Impervious 2 (which places it on par with the maximum Strength & Speed), Reflexes & Reaction 1, and Temperature Tolerance 1. Maybe also limiting the Time Dilation purchase for the Pocket Dimension. Dunno.

Obviously this wouldn't apply to the current world with Mars, but for future ones after this. I do think it would increase the "fun" quota in RP continues.

Thoughts? If the thread likes the idea, I'll put out a 1.7.1MP edition pdf that just has certain abilities crossed out.]

Watch thine tongue for it is by Earth's will that I move. To abandon thine roots is to lose your foundations. I care not be it Mars or You who shall help me in the endeavor, I shall arrive in due time and those who aid me shall receive my favor. I am reluctant to believe that you shall aid me against the mad doctor since it is his war machines that aid your war against Mars.

Any chance we could get Hostile Neanderthals? I'm interested in going full Them and Us.
No noble but misguided guardians of nature, just vicious cannibal bastards hiding in the woods preying on whoever they can catch.

[Yeah, it sounds good to me. I can rebuild Moroi if you want me to, as well.]

You may not understand now or ever, but know it is to secure everyones future and this planet.

I'm honestly a little hurt by that. You, in particular, have been the most fun person to talk to in this RP.

>I can rebuild Moroi if you want me to, as well.
That depends. How do you envision someone actually hurting you right now? I'm having difficulty seeing it with Reflexes & Reaction 2, but you may have a different take on it.

So, to recap, right now I'm thinking of crossing out Impervious 3+, Reflexes & Reaction 2, Temperature Tolerance 2+, and Time Dilation. I'll wait a while longer to see if anyone has either:

* A reason why they think one of those shouldn't be removed
* Something else they think has a major negative impact on RP play.

>Any chance we could get Hostile Neanderthals? I'm interested in going full Them and Us.
I'm not going to re-post the build, but if you want to "write-in" some Neanderthal cannibal raiders, I have no objection.

Cool beans. I'll get on that.

He isn't resistant at all to Blessed One or Firedancer, and the Sun's light can damage him, or at least slow him down.

He'll probably be rebuilt anyway, to give himself better 'descendant' abilities. Those would work for a vampire's turned 'children', right?

*to give him

Goddamn.

>Those would work for a vampire's turned 'children', right?
The possibility had never occurred to me, but that seems fine.

Also,

>Curable

>Curable
Technically, with your current build as it is, curing you would make you more invulnerable, not less.

Or are you saying you don't like the fact that it's curable?

[Everything checks out! Also I doubt anyone besides Ingvar has much interest in me, in any real way.]

I'm stepping out of thread for several hours, because I really want to finish my Olympus CYOA.

You can presume I will continue throwing elementals at everything, as well as coordinating hundreds of portals as needed (which are operated mainly by imbued golems) to transport troops.

Father of the Hunt, you have been misled!
Atman has very little to do with this war. He offered to sell his abominations to both sides. And was rebuked by both sides. He dwells on the roof of the world, very very far from the theater of war.
You won't hurt him by helping Mars. And you certainly won't hurt him by hurting me.

Caesar Immortales, my friend!
How do you plan on responding to the Destroyer's advance? I think we need to coordinate our response here, for both our sakes. Ubnitor can move your legions and my armies through his portals! Actually.. I wouldn't mind help against Mars and his cohort if you can spare any!

It doesn't particularly suit my vision of vampires in that world, but I'm fine with it, honestly.

No, it's fine. I'll redo Moroi's build, make him a little weaker physically (still leagues above other Vampires, though) and give him the ability to sire more powerful vampires, thus bolstering his armies with elite troops.

Question, if you take The First, can you play as a Vampire? You wouldn't be turned into one, just inserting yourself into the Vampire society as you would with a mortal society.

Should he hold any designs upon my people, you would have my aid. Should he not, it behooves me not to attract his ire.

Such is the choice I am faced with.

[OOC: You're super scary!]
>Your Children are weak compared to me
Are they? → Any one of my descendant is faster and stronger than your best Oathsworn. My Favored are all experienced officers. They mobilize and organize my armies, entering the fight with superhuman ability if need be. And my Most Favored alone could beat you back. My son Asaruludu can watch your every move from the sky and teleport safely home in a blink. My daughter Enbila (patroness of rivers and fresh water) can protect Shara (my strongest son) from your fires as he grapples you to the ground. Nidaba will make sure no one gets hungry if there is to be a siege. My daughter Hathor the Joy-Giver will galvanize our forces and keep morale high.

>your people are no match for my hardened soldiers.
I have at my command the armies of countless Mesopotamian cities, Persia, Egypt and Ethiopia. Do not underestimate their might and their willingness to die for me.

>I can crush your solid walls without much effort on my part
Not with Shara defending them.

>We take what we need from the places that we raze.
Which you cannot to if the places themselves are your enemies. I have a Trickster with me and this is his homeland.

>Do not think that I do not have allies, either.
They will hopefully see reason. Or in any case, desert you when you inevitably fail.

>your allies are not here for a while
Caesar's legions can march through portals and be there whenever he wishes so, fresh and well-supplied.
Ubnitor's elementals are there already, battering your men and sapping their morale with their unpredictable raids. The honored Nirshtu has always been there to defend our people, and the spirits with him. They have cursed you and your armies for as long as you remain in these lands. My storms will flood and spew lighting on you and yours at all times. When Wee Aboo's Artifact Knights arrive they will cut through what's left of your armies like a knife in butter.

And this will end.

Hey, would anyone mind if I started a second Shared World? The current one's full, and it seems much more interesting to have other immortals to interact with, rather than just posting a build.

Sofia Lallesta Alysone, First born to the Alysone family.

Start: Beginning of DLC Shared World, One Percenter, British Isles (-1)

Race: Human

>Drawbacks:
-Shared World(+20)
-Rage(+5)

Starting Points (144)

>Mental Upgrades
-Genius2 (138)
-Commander (133)
>Physical Upgrades
-Strength and Speed3 (121)
-Reflexes 2 (113)
-Impervious 2 (105)
-Non-reactor (103)
-Regen3 (94)
-Endurance1 (90)
-SuperSences2 (86)
-Temperature Tolerance 3 (77)
-Diet (free)
-Iron Gut (75)
-Beauty (73)
-Blessed Major (63)

>Inheritable- Great Descendants
-Super senses (61)
-Strength&Speed (58)
-Reflexes (55)
-Regen (52)
-Impervious (49)

>Items
-Journal (46)
-Book of Knowledge (41)
-Sanitary Pack (39)
-Bag of holding (34)

>additonal Items
-Enchanting Major (24)

Left over points to be distributed later (24)

Quest: Dragon Lord

Sofia had come from a royal upbringing, being the first child of King Alysone. The province of Alysone lay more no then a few miles in any direction and had a few 300 men under control of her father. Following the wishes of her mother, she had learned off the virtues of a proper lady but had always found herself drawn to the icy coolness of the blade in her hand.
During one night after her Father had received message from an Sky skimmer Sage, he had decided to name a heir in case of the following months where he was supposedly to fall into his death throes. But, to Sofia's dismay, he had named her younger brother the heir to the throne instead of her. Daniel was barely topping ten years old at the time and yet Sofia at the age of twenty three was deemed unfit to rule the small kingdom. Outraged, she had pulled the glove from the knight captains hand and proceeded to slap her father across the face, challenging his honor. Sofia soon was disowned by the Alysone family where she was given only her supposed dowry and a stallion. She left with her anger fanned and the arm of her father dragging behind by rope, tied to the horse's saddle.

The fantasy DLC one hasn't started yet.

It is in your own best interest, the interest of your people, and the world itself to stop him now. If we do not he will come for you in time. He will come for everyone.

>The current one's full
I don't think it is though. Look at the map! There's still some space. Or you could take over China and East Asia, that player is inactive.
>it seems much more interesting to have other immortals to interact with
It is fun!

Afk, will be back in a few hours.

>How do you plan on responding to the Destroyer's advance?
The way any ruler will - defend his kingdom and its allies against a threat. We will use brute force, strength in numbers, and unwavering loyalty to force the dogs who dare attack to quiver in fear and beg for mercy.
And beg he shall.
and again, since you hadn't responded to that post - no, I didn't regret starting this RP. I enjoy it, your posts especially >inb4 white knight / beta orbitor
nope. I think being a supporter would be fun.
I can't figure out the rules to the DLC...

>I can't figure out the rules to the DLC...

The world is mostly defined but I think it adds quests and such. Also it may restrict what you can learn depending on what race you play as. Hopefully Acheld will take a break from his Cyoa maker and clarify.

It's mostly the rules with the other races, and magic and stuff.
I'm much too dumb for this.
oh and
>it seems much more interesting to have other immortals to interact with, rather than just posting a build.
desu desu desu. I come here for build interaction. People talking to each other.
It's what i love, its why I try to get people to discuss with each other.
It's why I love cyoas where working together with other people ITT isn't forced, but it's a great idea.

>I can't figure out the rules to the DLC...

The Fantasy one, Aloadan, posted above at is just getting started, if that's to your tastes. You don't need to understand the rules of the DLC to be able to participate, since the world is already build. It's recommended you read what the different features mean, though, when deciding on your build.

As others have said, though, I don't think it's a big problem for you to join the Chaos of the main world, just be prepared to fight if you want to claim land.

Attached is the proposed "Multiplayer" version of Altering History, which removes Impervious levels 3&4, Temperature Tolerance levels 1&2, Reflexes & Reaction Level 2, and Time Dilation (pocket dimension add-on) as possible elements. Not trying to be dictatorial here, so if you think these restrictions for future RP are bad, please speak up. I do think they will tend to make things more "fun", though. I was tempted to remove pocket dimensions from MP entirely, actually.

>Also it may restrict what you can learn depending on what race you play as.
No, you are not restricted as to what magic you can buy for your Altering History build. You *do* get a slight discount for buying the kind of magic that is native to whatever species that you play as. Specifically, it costs 2 to buy magic that is 1 in 100 for your species, and 3 to buy magic that is 1 in 10,000 for your species.

For example, humans in the world I made have Minor Divination at 1 in 100, and Major Divination at 1 in 10,000. Meaning that if you were a human, you could buy Minor Divination for yourself for 2 points instead of five, and then upgrade to Major Divination for 3 points instead of five.

All of the other magic would be at normal cost.

The special thing about the Learned magic is that you can be taught it in world without having to pay points for it up front, so most people will probably choose not to spend points on those kinds of magic.

Finally, the only other special rule has to do with if you play as a race with special features. Like if you are a flying race you have to buy Flight 1 at least, but that is all listed by each race in the world build I posted.

Feel free to follow up with other questions.

>which removes... Temperature Tolerance levels 1&2
Meant 2&3. Level 1 is not crossed out.

>join the Chaos of the main world
I already am, GreekoRoman guy here. I can't figure out the rules of the DLC, but I think the problem was mostly with the races and magic and stuff.
So I make a build in the regular cyoa, and then what do I use the DLC for?

(Anyway my brain is too blasted and tired to ddo anything that requires understanding something new. It'll have to wait to tomorrow)
Are the elves of the >thick thighed variant? Do boys look like girls?

This is how I, personally, picture Sylvans.

You don't need to do much with the DLC in order to participate in a world that is already created. All you need to understand, really, are the few details here: The DLC is just about providing a framework to create a fantastical world. You may find it useful to read about the elements I listed in the build for the world, just so you can get a picture in your mind for what's in the world, but you do not need to do any calculations in terms of what is in the DLC.

>This is how I, personally, picture Sylvans.
I'm stupid. Picture attached.

It's quite possible there are different varieties of Sylvans, if you like. These are the ones that Eladin is beginning his journey with, though.

That's not a hot elf.....

I loved the Implications that without the picture, you personally picture all of them as thick thighed androgynous elves.

>That's not a hot elf.....
Just remember that Sylvans are sort of plant-mammal humanoid hybrids. At least, based on the standard description. They get some of their nutrients from the sun. They wouldn't be wearing full body-suits.

Then you shall have the bronze of what men I can muster, and my own among them. When the threat is ended, I will return home - no sooner and no later, lest I lose all I fought for while I am away.

Felix retreated from Mars' camp, releasing his invisibility as he reaches the safety. He smirks as he considers his self-appointed title of "King".

In the best case scenario, Felix imagined he could hold his own with only a few of these pretenders. A few more he could kill, should he manage to pull off a perfect ambush.

But what could he actually accomplish? With an army of unenhanced humans and many of his enemies able to withstand the full fury of his magic, the best he could hope for in most conflict is the destruction of an empire and a very angry enemy.

Felix pondered for a long time, and then decided his original course of action was correct. So long as the pretenders are all alive and fighting legends would form and with discretion the threat to himself would be lessened. Felix would watch from the shadows and invest all his energy into making sure the battle lasted as long as possible, with none of his enemies dead in the end.

He doubted very much that the scholar's plan with the manacles would work considering the Warrior's sheer strength and his Mastery of Motion. But should the Mother's children begin to gain the upper hand against the Warrior, Felix knew he would intervene decisively.

>So, to recap, right now I'm thinking of crossing out Impervious 3+, Reflexes & Reaction 2, Temperature Tolerance 2+, and Time Dilation.

OOC - I am discovering that the only players I can harm are those without temperature tolerance. I could utilize guerrilla tactics to severely damage most any empire should I need to, but many of the actual players are basically untouchable.

Unless the Whore's children were to die and become the three times more powerful intelligent undead champions of a new empire of despair

Maybe I'll make a character for the fantasy world. I haven't looked much at it yet.

>in b4 white knight
Youre like the opposite of a white knight you let awful pig marsanon bully your girl
I guaranteee hes gonna fuck her

>OOC - I am discovering that the only players I can harm are those without temperature tolerance. I could utilize guerrilla tactics to severely damage most any empire should I need to, but many of the actual players are basically untouchable.
And do you think the proposed changes would fix that problem?

Maybe? If they aren't immune to my fire, all of a sudden they have an invisible, teleporting, fire-spewing master tactician who might be able to simply go around assassinating them left and right. It might be best to leave most of these things and simply make it very clear that it will be difficult to deal with people if they don't purchase most of these things. Maybe add a spending limit on physical stats, or a separate pool of extra points that can only be spent on physical stats or something. It's an interesting problem.

The time dilation basically means that patient people can destroy anyone without it though. Ten times the preparation time is a lot of obstacle to overcome.

I think its fine as it is
Nobodys doing real pvp based on numbers so who cares

Name: Reyansh
Appearance: Fairly typical Dravidian man, but with pale blue skin.

Starting Location: Indus River Valley, 2000 BC

Position: 1 Percenter. (Important Priest) (1)

Abilities: Genius 2 (7)
Memory of the Ages 1 (10)
Wellspring of Harmony (15)
Polyglot (20)
Gift of Gab (25)
Artistic Prodigy (30)
Strength and Speed 1 (34)
Reflexes and Reaction 1 (38)
Impervious 1 (42)
Non-Reactor (44)
Regeneration 2 (50)
Endurance 1 (54)
Super Senses 1 (56)
Temperature Control 1 (59)
Diet 0 (59)
Sanitary Convenience 2 (63)
Iron Gut 2 (65)
Flight 2 (70)
Divination, Major (80)
Telepathy, Major (90)
Blessed One, Major, Major Teachable (110)
Stormsage, Major (120)
Spirit Singer, Minor (125)

Inheritable, All Descendants: Super Senses 0, Regeneration 0, Genius (Limited), Strength and Speed 0. (135)

Items:
Book of Culture (140)

Drawbacks: Shared World (120)

Quests: God Emperor of Mankind, Sorcerer Supreme.

Since we start in 2000 BC, that means the Indus Valley Civilization is in its prime. I figure I'll try to credit myself as a living incarnation of a god; I have the abilities for it. Beyond stopping the Indus Valley's decline, I figure I'll expand into most of India and Southeast Asia, leaving Sri Lanka and however much of southern India Ubnitor wants alone.

After that's set up, I'll start sending my descendants and anyone I trained with Blessed One out as preachers to spread the word of my divinity. I'll incorporate any other immortals who are willing into my pantheon.

Beyond that, I'm going to try and peacefully coexist with as many people as possible. If Ubnitor's willing, I'll cooperate with him on the school of magic, lending my expertise at blessings.

>Nobodys doing real pvp based on numbers so who cares
Well, the problem here is that Mars build, in particular, literally cannot be stopped except by someone with an extremely similar build, and that doesn't make for great RP. Now, MarsAnon is a good RPer, and a good sport about this, but without handwaving some magical solution we literally have

1. No way to catch him.
2. No way to hurt him.

Just, absolutely none. In general, this is not a situation for good RP that doesn't end in bitterness, and while I think this session is going fine, and people seem to be enjoying it (which is why I'm not proposing we enact these changes retroactively), I don't want to leave nice RPs in future worlds open to situations in which players feel forced to max out physical stats just so some (potentially not so easygoing) user doesn't come in and destroy everything because they can't be stopped. I want people to be able to play more diplomatic, or behind-the-scenes games if they wish to, without a regular fear of an unstoppable juggernaut, while still leaving the possibility of being a juggernaut (just a potentially stoppable one).

But, yeah, it's a hard problem.

Oh, that does give me an idea for a 2nd edition change, though. The idea of a "Divine Seat", a location that you can empower over time that will weaken the powers of other immortals that get in proximity to it.

>Just, absolutely none
Major Shapeshifting

This entirely.

Eeeeh. I don't really like it, seems like a bit too much of a plot coupon. Maybe just have an effect so that the powers of immortals don't work so well against other immortals, to the point where an immortal may be invincible to a normal person, nearly so to an immortal's descendant, and simply very difficult to harm to another immortal?

>Major Shapeshifting
Would require catching him, which we have no way to do.

>Eeeeh. I don't really like it, seems like a bit too much of a plot coupon.
That's fair. Also shit for those who want to have "wanderer" builds, now that I think about it.

[Back in Character]
A gift for your son, milady. One of the major artifacts I have crafted over the years is this belt. Using the magics of motion, it will allow your strong, but slow, son to travel with great haste and speed, even teleporting short distances.

Ouch! How did you get out of there after dismembering your own father?

Indus, eh? I suppose you will be the first to fall when my armies sweep the world...

Welcome, friend and neighbor! I hope that our interactions are mutually beneficial.

Sitmut sat slowly down by the fire. She accepted the gourd and took a drink while guardedly keeping her eyes on the stranger. She listened carefully to his story, experiencing the events as if she were there. Feeling the humid warmth of her jungle home, and feeling the glare of the tropical sun in her eyes. Was his brew enchanted? Instead of anger, she felt relief for the woman in the moon when she escaped to safety.

When he finished Sitmu was back by the fire, gourd in hand. She briefly pondered the experience before answering in a pleasant voice, "It is a good story. Full of imaginative trickery and fear and love for those we care about."
Then Sitmut's face sunk into a dark glare and her voice hardened. "Now let me tell you a story stranger.

Once a tigress was born in a paradise. She traveled far and wide across the land experiencing all the wonderful things life had to offer. She had cubs, and delighted in nurturing them and watching them grow. Her cubs prospered, as did theirs, and theirs next. They spread wide across the paradise overcoming many challenges and prospering, spreading beauty wherever they went.

But the winds of change blew in, and hunters came to kill the tigress and her cubs. She fought with fangs and claws to protect them, but failed suffering a great and painful wound herself. As she helplessly looked on she saw her cubs all slain, or join the hunters to condemn or forget her as the beauty they'd spread was lost in time.

The tigress wished to die, but found that she could not and fled to a distant land."

Sitmut looked at the old stranger unblinking, expectantly waiting for a reply, but without giving a cue that she was finished.

I'm in west coast time zone, so only 2 hours difference. But I've been busy lately and can only post here and there. In a couple days I'll have more time available. I'm a little worried about other parts of the rp moving faster than us. But I really like what we have going so far.

>Inheritable, All Descendants: Super Senses 0, Regeneration 0, Genius (Limited), Strength and Speed 0
Another one of those uh
Will you be in the whores team orgy?
I noticed strength & speed doesnt ameliorate your speed beyond level 2 or am i wrong?
how doess it work

>Humans and Ugrish are genetically compatible.
Go on... What about Sylvans? Other races?

Updated Multiplayer Build
Name: Atman the Mad

Drawbacks:
[140]Shared World/[150]Region Locked

Year: 10000 BC (or whatever the agreed upon starting date is)

Appearance: Pic Related

Position: Mysterious Stranger

Mental:
[140]Genius 3
[137]Memory of the Ages 1
[132]Wellspring of Harmony
[127]Polyglot
[122]Artistic Prodigy

Physical:
[118]Reflexes and Reaction 1
[110]Impervious 2
[102]Endurance 2
[097]Diet 2
[095]Sanitary Convenience 1

Minor Gift:
[093]Mage Eye

Supernatural Gift:
[083]Divination Major
[073]Telepathy Major
[063]Blessed One Major
[053]Enchanting Major
[043]Earthdancer Major
[038]Spirit Singer Minor
[028]Binding Major
[018]Master of Motion Major
[008]Defiling Major

Items:
[005]Wanderer's Journal
[000]Book of Knowledge

Quest:
The Myth Maker
Sorcerer Supreme

>whatever the agreed upon starting date
Technically all of this spawned from Roman user's build and he chose "something like 1500-2000BC?". It's since been cemented as 2000BC.

Coyote shrugged. "Now, see, I never did like a story that had a bad endin' like that. But mayhap that's just me." As he spoke, he plucked a stalk of wheatgrass from the ground, spinning it between his fingers. "Mayhap there's a touch more to the tale?"

[OOC: Sounds good to be.]

Dear Journal:

I've pondered very carefully on The Coyote and Father of the Hunt problem. I think I have come up with a meaningful solution from months of being confined in my laboratory. You see journal my eyes, ears, tongues and noses are everywhere and I've analyzed their strengths and from their hubris divined their weaknesses.

The Father of the Hunt is a archaic backwards oaf, he draws his strength from the disgusting living animals who he regards as his closest friends. In order to break him I must remove his animals out of the equation. And I have just formulated the perfect mutagenic plague for such an occasion. Oh Journal your skeptical I take it? Trust me! Just one,ONE drop of this miracle elixir turned a harmless daisy into a ravenous tentacled monstrosity. Just think of what this could do to a Canadian goose! Or heavens forbid a moose!

Happy days will be ahead of us Journal! I dispatched my scout drones contaminate all the major bodies of fresh water and river systems of the North Americas with my wonder elixir. Happy happy days!

Why is this its own thread now?

[OOC: CRASHING THIS RP WITH NO SURVIVORS. Seriously, though, what the hell? You're basically pressing the "I WIN" button, because there isn't jack diddly shit Father or I can do to stop you until I know about it - and by then it's too late, because if "just one, ONE drop" remains we're fucked through a straw. It's a plague too, meaning it's transferable, so if even one animal is infected the entirety of North and South America is a lost cause because now everything tries to kill you. Even forgetting about that, HOW the hell? I can barely accept Genius 3 giving you the might to build drones, but how the tap-dancing tittyfucking christ are you making magic diseases that make plants into monsters? This isn't House of the Dead here!]

[OOC: to be fair I'm operating on about 5 hours of sleep in about 2-3 days and can't really distinguish between bad and good ideas right now and assume because Hunter has blessed one Major he can just handwave the disease cured.]

Sitmut's demeanor softened only slightly. The old man had a way putting one at ease, though she still wasn't letting down her guard.

"You or perhaps your master, rescued the sacrifice. You care about the lives of mortals. This is foolish. To care for and love those whose lives are like mayflies invites nothing but grief. With every passing century the names and faces of those I cared so deeply for fade, but the sadness and loss remain. I am remembered through myth and legend. The scrolls of mortal scribes are my memoirs. And the lives of those lost either standing for me or against me are like sparks in the Soul Furnace of history.
The lives of those which are shorter than a candle's before being forgotten only have value as far as they perpetuate the memory of immortals like us. If life is short and precious for mortals, than to sacrifice it for our glory is the greatest honor we can receive. It is only in death that the value of their lives reaches it's full potential. Mountains of skulls and rivers of blood have more meaning than thriving cities. The pyramids and monuments built in our honor will outlast civilization!"

Sitmut's eyes widened at this last part and and flicked across the withered man's face, searching for a sign of understanding.

idk lol

[OOC: I mean, I have Blessed One too, but I'm pretty sure that this kind of thing is out of hand. Blessing the entirety of Lake Michigan is going to be nigh-on impossible, especially when you can just send your drones out to do it again. Go get some sleep. You really, really sound like you need it, and unless you're in a situation where it's impossible you should really go do so. Seriously, that shit's not healthy - 3+ days worth of total sleep deprivation can kill someone, and 36 minutes of sleep per day can kill someone.]

Coyote shrugged, feigning indifference even as his heart raged. "Well, now, can't say as I agree with ye. Life's short and precious enough for us, right enough, but that ain't no reason to make it shorter. You immortals're like big auld bonfires - burnin' for ages, bright as hell, but y'eat everything. Y'say that mortals'r just sparks, but nah. Mortals're like a big auld sap-filled torch. May not burn as bright, no sir, mayhap not as long, but which would y' prefer to have around if yer goin' inter a dark cave, or a forest?" A certain coldness entered his eyes, then, and they were no longer calm, but amber pits that belied his anger. "As fer the rest, I'm of the opinion that a civilization what only cares for one person ain't no civilization at all, just a god and a buncha slaves. An' this Nation won't never be slaves. Wóokaȟniǧe?" [[Lakota for, basically, "Understand?"]]