/swg/ - Speedbike chase edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6366dxFf-Os
swgalaxymap.com/
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!216:188,-1:43:-1:;216:188,-1:43:-1:;216:188,-1:43:-1:;213:188,-1:43:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/1/full-of-surprises/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think I like the first option better. Tactician can help with control, giving the firespray more purpose than being a distracting blob of hull and shields. And having a pair of easier to target but somewhat more durable ties with soontir should help keep the enemy of your back for a while.

I love Star Wars

The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards that. Maybe if I had a tactical jammer it'd be fun to try jamming the firespray between the enemy and a couple of light craft but I don't have a lot to work with right now. On that note suggestions on future purchases? I kinda feel like I need more cheap options so maybe vanilla TIEs from the old core or gozanti? That or maybe something tougher like a defender or decimator?

Ok. But. Why did they stop at Tatooine on their way to Corusant from Naboo when Tatooine is in the completely wrong direction? I know you shouldn't look to closely on logic in Star Wars, but couldn't they just have placed Naboo somewhere that made sense when they decided its location?

Vanilla Ties are great for filling out list. I haven't played with or against a decorator myself, but they seem to kick ass at tournaments. The Lambda shuttle is a cheaper alternative for a large "tanky" ship, and it's crew slots offer som nice customization, but it flies like and overweight space cow.

Have you thought about running a triple ace list? Maybe Soontir, Whisper, Carnor Jax, or Soontir, Whisper, Omega Leader?

Two okay, three reasons.

One, the ship was damaged, and Tatooine was the only planet in the general area that wasn't probably under watch of the Trade Federation - as Tatooine isn't a part of the Republic.

Two, thanks to hyperspace being kinda funky, a straight line to the Core from Naboo isn't exactly straight. Note the white lines on that map, those are the major trade lanes.

Three, George developed the worlds as needed and didn't pay much attention to travel lanes until long after the movies were done. The map was made by somebody trying to reconcile George's movies with the old EU galaxy maps.

I would assume going by the map they were trying to get to the Corellian Run so they could go right to Coruscant. Their hyperdrive being damaged also probably had something to do with it.

I find these explanations fully satisfactory.

>I haven't played with or against a decorator
now everytime i look at a decimator im going to imagine a really tasteful bridge, and a cargo hold sull of spare wallpaper rolls

Doesnt help that my decimator is already known as zapp brannigans ship by the people i play with

Ok, now I want to know what you've done to deserve such title.

Wait - Hyperspace isn't just picking a coordinate and then flying there?

Are there physical limits to the pathing you can take through hyperspace?

>Traveling through hyperspace isn't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?

Literally our first introduction to it, by Han, in ANH.

Gravity wells, hyperspace anomalies, Immobilizer 418s and similar vessels, various other hazardous cosmic phenomena. Charting safe hyperspace routes is a dangerous job.

Gonna be playing Star Wars saga first time ever playing.

So my character is a Arkanian Offshoot and my gm said that he could of been purchased specifically for doing research and shit sdo I have +2 int -2 con.

We're all going to be playing murderers who did something bad to get them on death row and we are only being saved due to our skill and expertise. Something like 1500 BBY or earlier.

So my idea was my character got pissed at being essentially a grown slave for the republic and decided to take out his revenge on the republic by reprogramming a droid to shoot at military officials at the big unveiling of a new drone.

What i was wondering is what is the best way to build my character as a Mechanic/Hacker type?

From what i've seen in the books my best bet seems to be Scoundrel into Saboteur but i'm not sure when best to go into Saboteur. Is it best to just jump right in at level 7?
We will be starting at level 5.

Really wish there was a big ass compiled list of all the feats and what they do same with talents. Shame the document only links to the books and their page #s instead of fully listing them out

:(

>decimators first game
>get a B wing between the wing points
>front window staring right at the Bs cockpit
>Someone decides the captain is sitting there with a cigar, glass of brandy and a smug grin
>rebel player says "its Zapp fucking Brannigan!"
>combat phase, about to roll my attack
>"Kif, fire"
>4 blanks
>target lock, 3 blanks, 1 eye
>B wing then takes all the shields off in one attack
>"dammit kif"

It was decided that only Zapp can be that bad a captain, and the ship has been known as the Brannigator ever since. This was only reinforced as i kept crashing it into asteroids because im terrible at manoeuvring large shpis

Did you somehow miss that sequence and assume it was point and click, instant travel to anywhere?

Shit like this is also how groups like the Trade Federation could hold onto their power. They had some of the most accurate and safest maps in the galaxy, and they used them to great effect when dealing with planets and other factions.

No - I just thought it was more like the methods in Foundation ....

Han talks about making a jump to lightspeed - does that mean they have to drop out of light speed, point to the next coordinate, then repeat until they reach their destination? Or do they maneuver within hyperspace? Are ships going to the same place able to see each other in hyperspace?

Alright, I'll look into it and do a little research on what it comes with.

A little, but I was on the fence about what ace to pick. I tried it before I picked up the aces pack with one of the fo aces and he always ate it. He couldn't dodge quite as well as the other two and got focused out. It'll probably go better with an interceptor though.

Anyway I'm heading to bed. Thanks everyone for the advice.

>Han talks about making a jump to lightspeed - does that mean they have to drop out of light speed, point to the next coordinate, then repeat until they reach their destination? Or do they maneuver within hyperspace?
both are done, depending on the situation. if you're moving through poorly charted or uncharted regions, you're going to be dropping out of hyperspace to shoot the stars a lot, but in a very well-mapped route, like alderaan to courscant, you'd be able to do it all in hyperspace because it's so well mapped
>Are ships going to the same place able to see each other in hyperspace?
nope. hyperspace is fucky like that. hell, two ships could be jumping at the same time, on the same route, twenty feet apart and they still couldn't see each other

When do you guys think that the wave 9 preview of the Lancer is going to go up?

What do you think of wave-9 so far?

My favorite ships are all aces(counting imperial boba and RAC as an 'ace') or Omega Squadron with crackshot, so i'm hoping for less Jumpmaster and less Palp in the meta, although without hard counters to soontir/vader/OL/whisper making too many appearances.

However, it looks like the Shadow Caster will really fuck up aces...

Lightspeed is a transitional phase in real space before entering hyperspace, which is a different dimensional state. Ships can maneuver while in hyperspace, but without the route being pre-mapped it's incredibly dangerous; the reaction time needed to avoid grav shadows from massive objects in real space without advance warning is beyond most things - hence "entering the coordinates" is a series of points rather than simply a destination. The charts themselves are either stored in the nav computer's memory or downloaded from a nearby source prior to jump. Absolute range is dictated by the capability of the nav system and hyperdrive, and fuel when applicable. The longer the jump, the more complex the charting. Routes tend to meander from one point of interest to another, so that in the event of hyperdrive failure the ship isn't drifting too far away to be found.

I'm not a super lorefag but that's my understanding of it. Hyperspace is like driving a ship in shallows and reef waters, you better know where the obstacles are or else you're gonna have a bad time.

When is that coming to Armada?

I wish I treated that game with more respect. I only call it when I am high ...

youtube.com/watch?v=6366dxFf-Os

No idea, though it'd probably be after they've released more 'iconic' Rebel ships, and figured out how to balance it alongside the rest of their fleet.

Once wave 3 and 4 drop, Armada will be my favorite game.

>Zonama Sekot is on there twice

Mysterious!

V-wing for Scum 2017

Either that or the ETA-2, with Empire getting the V-Wing to round off the prequel ships.

Didn't the entire Rebel Fleet in Return of Jedi remain within eye-shot of one another when it made the collective jump to Endor?

they were in eyeshot at the in and out. not necessarily in between.

This is the second time I've seen someone want the V-wing for the Empire. They did keep some, but far more were in Scum hands by the time of the Rebellion because the Empire had adopted the TIE Fighter to replace it. It's like asking for the Empire to get ARC-170s because they kept a few as 'elite' fighters.

Following up on that, what would the V-wing even bring in a faction who's entire small-base lineup is TIEs?

pretty much just a z-95

Have you checked out the online map?

swgalaxymap.com/

V-wing for all-faction 2016 to the last breath

At least in Scum it'd likely play like a slightly worse TIE/fo with a salvaged astromech slot

No. You have to get within 1 kilometre of the hyperspace buoy, and then it only links to one other buoy. Getting from planet to the next often involves a complicated series of jumps between a number of buoys, where Imperial Forces can ambush you at any moment.

Wassup bitches?

I think TFW chucks all that out. Now the Falcon can hyperspace right into a planet, now the T70's can talk to (and see) each other in hyperspace, and even talk to their base.

Hyperspace is basically plot magic now.

Would it be Scum because Hapes Consortium or Rebels because they eventually ally with the New Republic and there's still tons of untapped potential ships for independent factions? (IRDs would be great)

It would be shit because Miy'tils are shit.

They may be shit, but at least Hapans have style.

Shouldn't you be busy naming everything "Raptor", Zsinj?

Explain to me how Miy'tils are not shit. It's as fast as an X wing, but fragile and armed like an A wing.

that would imply that I consider the squeal trilogy or for that matter any of the post 1999 EU canon aside from individual bits of personal preference

You could try buying the Imperial Veterans pack, it's pretty fun to use.
A player came 2nd to a regional tournament with a list similar to this (I tweaked it a little to implement only upgrades you should have)

It's established in Star Wars Starfighter and Star Wars Jedi Starfighter that a lot of the local systems are, in fact, under the watch of the Trade Federation and their thousands of mercenaries, including Saboath Squadron and whoever the unnamed mercenary from the first Starfighter is. Those were pretty good flight sims and I'm disappointed we didn't get any filler games for TFA like we did for Episode 1.

Wait you miss the extra munitions, sorry.

The base model is an intermediary between an A-Wing and X-Wing, and are relatively cheap. So numbers and astromech slots are advantages.

The heavy/command version is a different beast, with more lasers and ion cannons. And if you want to think in tabletop terms, giving one the Storm title card could give it a SLAM action.

Could someone, in theory, close off a whole region of space by withholding coordinates? I had an alternate timeline idea where after Sheev dies a charismatic Moff takes over the Core Worlds instead of Isard and locks them off, withholding coordinates. Effectively going 'Fortress Empire' like Fortress Republic in Battletech.

Theoretically, but it would likely only be possible with poorly charted, recently discovered space. The Core Worlds have been the center of galactic society for thousands of years. Said Moff would have to scour every single piece of data storage and astronavigation in the galaxy to have any hope of suppressing knowledge of the Core Worlds and related hyperlanes, as well as untold numbers of historical and cartographic texts.

He could however plant grav-well generators in the middle of gargantuan minefields and fleets at the mouth of every major route.

So you're saying a plot like that is best centered around say.. the Pentastar Alignment, Zsinj's Empire or the Eriadu Authority? One of the Outer Rim remnants basically?

Plus that Moff would have to hunt down any explorers and smugglers that would do whatever it takes to try and chart new, or rediscover old, hyperspace lanes.

Alternatively, the major hyperlanes could be heavily fortified with fleets to blow anybody out of the sky who came in without proper authorization. Navigating the Deep Core is dangerous because everything is so closely packed together, so guarding the chokepoints isn't that unfeasible and in fact is kind of how it was in Dark Empire That way only lunatics/player characters will really try to find alternate ways.

Doing the same around the regular Core Worlds is difficult because they're so established (and good luck telling the Corellians where they can and can't go)

If there was some sort of big panic like a plague he could use that to get popular support for the motion.

You're referring to the rampant assigning of tractor beam tokens, I'm guessing? They're pretty dependent on mobile firing arcs, so until we know more about how that'll work it's difficult to say.

Oh, you're one of those.

The k-fighter makes me so moist. I'm buying no fewer than three of them.

The artworks for the Protectorate Fighters shipcards is fucking amazing. It's like something you'd see on the box cover for a 90's Shmup. Kad Solus and Zealous Recruit especially.
None of the other ships in this wave have anything coming close, well MAYBE one of the ARC-170 cards.

I would happily use these as wallpapers if I could find the full versions.

>eote character just got 100000 credits
>I have no clue what to spend it on

Can't you buy your own ship for that?

We already have a ship and an old asteroid base. I could buy a V-Wing, but I'm not a pilot despite having 4 agility. Plus starfighters kinda suck mechanically and I'm sure it would turn into a money sink.

How about a pimped out Land or Airspeeder?

How about som thugs?

Pimp out both the ship and the base.

Not from my personal funds, but that reminds me to bring that up when we start discussing how to spend the company funds. We do need some sort of ground transport, the only caveat is that said transport needs to hold 8 people and be abler to be carried in some manner by a yt-2400.

We'll probably pick up some droids to maintain the base and do other odd jobs. We already have enough angry people with weapons, myself included.

Would you be comfortable taking on a hut's empire? No? then you still don't have enough angry people with guns.

Alternately, just keep it around for heavy duty bribing purpose. It's eote, Big Money means Big Crime.

I'd recommend investing part of it in the stock market or some sort of errant business venture. Zaltin/Xucphra, Sienar, KDY, Cygnus, and Blastech are all probably decent stocks to invest in. Something to provide a slow, steady trickle of income. Then sell those stocks right before Endor and swap to Incom, Koensayr, and Mon Cal.

>It's eote, Big Money means Big Crime.

We're well aware of that, considering we got the money from killing a Black Sun Vigo.

So keep it around for the next big heist. Imagine what you could pull off now that you have the pocket money to just buy a decoy ship, or an obscene amount of explosives, or temporary command of a mercenary group.

>the only caveat is that said transport needs to hold 8 people and be abler to be carried in some manner by a yt-2400.

Is there anything that meets this criteria? Everything seems to be the size of a sedan or a school bus, with very little in between. I'm also not sure how transporting other vehicles on ships works.

Should just buy everyone Swoop Bikes.

that's a lot of swoop bikes. I really want something enclosed for passenger protection.

I want the star wars equivalent of this, which doesn't seem to exist.

You could always get a LAAT/i and use it strictly for ground attack and transport. It's not exactly a ground vehicle, but it's pretty close and it's got all the passenger space you could want.
Of course, you'd also need a starship with a hanger big enough for it...

>Of course, you'd also need a starship with a hanger big enough for it...

That's the problem, I need something small enough to fit in, or be docked to, a YT-2400 without negatively effecting it's handling or limiting its cargo capacity that much.

Something that size would be silhouette 3, and a quite bulky addition to the YT.
Why not just use the YT? Or buy a bigger ship?

The WLO-5 speeder tanks that Hondo used in the Clone Wars series? They don't exactly have seats, but you could always just sit on the hull.

>Why not just use the YT?
Can't use a YT to get around cities and other places where people take exception to spaceships being parked.

>Or buy a bigger ship?
We just "acquired" this one, I don't think getting rid of it would be a very popular idea. Especially since it's much nicer than our old ship, the Screaming Metal Deathtrap.

>yfw sheev and snoke become gay emperors of csilla

Do the long range scanners actually be useful?

The Chiss showing the Empire how to party, I see.

This is a really cool list, wouldn't mind picking up a punisher with it for the extra munitions since Bren seems like a ton of fun. Getting a vet pack would also give me access to Stele in a defender, which I'm pretty excited for. Thanks again.

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!216:188,-1:43:-1:;216:188,-1:43:-1:;216:188,-1:43:-1:;213:188,-1:43:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron

So who except me is ridiculously hyped for the Protectorate Starfighter?

WHAT THE WHAT?

THE WHO IN THE WHAT NOW
Wait, where did you find that? I am F5 FFGs homepage as I'm typing and see nothing.

RIGHT HERE MAN OH BOY THE SHIT IS GOING DOWN
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/1/full-of-surprises/

Gold Squadron Pilot x 4
2 x Seismic Torpedo on each
Fuck obstacles.

And it's exactly what I wanted/hoped for! Now I won't feel like i'm wasting points for taking a lone aggressor.

Holy fucking shit there's too much.

>IG-88D costs 1pt
>Letts Razzi is spend Stress to ADD an Evade Result. Not act like a focus like Keyan is for attacking. Is only 2pts.
>Ketsu Onyo means that stuff inside your firing arc DOESN'T lose their Tractor tokens.
>"Oh wait, we forgot to preview Seismics for the Arc. Here you go."

Sweet jesus. This is crazy.
Oh and before I go.

>Rigged Cargo shoot is an Illicit, any Large Ship card. It straight up has the Falcon on it's card art as well, strongly implying what FFG thinks makes a good upgrade for your new Illicit slot Smugglers Compartments in HotR.

You only need 6 of them to take out every terrain piece in the game man. Save those 4 points on something else.

Damn, that looks tasty. Does that work with the abilities on Wes and Farlander?

>As many veteran players know, the ace pilots that use Push the Limit tend to rely upon their actions to boost their attack and defense, and by stripping them of their ability to perform actions, Asajj Ventress leaves them woefully vulnerable to the rest of your squadron.

Tycholaughingwhilealsocryingfromstress.jpg

The extras are in case the enemy brought rigged Cargo holds along.

No? I mean it's not an attack? It's an action. Anyone who's got a torp slot and strange out of sequence action economy though...

Oh christ, imagine a BB-8 + PTL build with Poe packing one of these.

>BR in front of an asteroid
>Blow up the Asteroid
>Make your 3 [straight]
>Lose your stress
>Focus up

Of course, at this point we are just piling on the points but whatever.

She's PS6 tho, so no, she wont be doing jack shit unless that Fel player is a literal retard or forgets that she can do that.

You need two extra-... My man.