Dungeon and Temple ideas

Dungeon and Temple ideas

Just a thread to drop Ideas for unique dungeons, temples and bosses.

Might inspire someone. Might get inspired. Who knows?

Other urls found in this thread:

dungeoncontest.com/
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47868095/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sure. The one-page dungeons are great for that.

That's sweet. There's a site for this?

I had an idea for a dungeon set up like that one indiana jones movie. Where the players need to position mirrors and a special magic light source to brighten the dungeon. Its magically darkened so that dark vision and other light sources don't work.

Shadow stalkers can roam the dungeon and try to steal mirrors plunging players into darkness, then attacking.

The boss can be an upgraded shadow stalkers that players can use the mirrored light to stun and damage.

Final treasure room can only be opened by the magic light being reflected throughout the dungeon to a gem in the treasure door.

There's even a hardcopy book now!

dungeoncontest.com/

dozens of cool dungeons here, check by year.

> Skyscraper-sized trees
> Giant snail shells
> Reefs
Idk man I'm just throwing out some ideas blatantly stolen from blogs

life saving bump! stay with me kid!

you get a bump!

How about a dungeon mage by a wizzard filled with illusions that you must beat with diplomacy. Everytime you fail you have to kill it and continue but only to continue in the wrong direction of the illusion maze.

The wizzard wants more then the average murder hobos to work for him.

got one or two maps for ya.

I did a sorta dungeon like that before. It was a carnival full of clowns who continuously tried to persuade the players to stay longer and play more games spending more gold...

Ends up the carnival was also filled with hallucinogens and mind altering substances burning in the torches.

The clowns were actually gruesome zombies under control by a greedy necromancer who lured bandits and travelers to his circus.

Is that from KOF '00?

Yep, I recognize that stage.

Have some more possibly Veeky Forums related KoF.

Yeah lol
I always thought they had kickass backgrounds

Try this one:
>Ancient ruins is actually a popular tourist spot and no one thinks they're dangerous.

Well. Not quite original and unique, but...
>Insides of the body of long-dead behemoth
>Prison made for only one stupidly strong creature, still imprisoned below
>Museum of lost civilisation with items even older than it was
>Crypt built with not letting dead escape if they go back to life in mind

Bump?

Giant shells and skeletons can make awesome buildings. I loved that town in Morrowind that was built inside a shell.

The shell (skeleton) can belong to an ancient creature that the church/cult worships or at least it may have had an important part in their religion's history.

I helped organize a thread a while back trying to group build a full dungeon.
I ran out of time and the other contributors dropped off, but I hope to work on it again.
It might help some user generate some ideas.
I made a concise screencap, but of course don't have it.
Here's the link:
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47868095/

I've been thinking about a dungeon that is just a swamp that sprung up and swallowed a fort or castle so bits and pieces of the fort are still floating and sagging out of the muck and you can use those entrances to climb down into the fort that is mostly swallowed by swamp

Backstage area of an opera house / theater. With prop weapon indistinguishible from magic items and guards hiding in costume racks. Themed with changing backdrop paintings.

map it
share it
do it now!

That does sound awesome. Great idea.

>When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England.

>But I don't like it....

There's a fort like that in the Hoard of the Dragon queen adventure.

Some kind of giant bees' nest would be a pretty neat dungeon. Just getting up to it and into it would be a challenge.

Exploring the inside of an enormous engine would make for a really wild dungeoncrawl. Especially if there was some danger that the engine might start up.

"Cube" sets a great model for a dungeon.