MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

Praetor Edition

RESOURCES:
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING:
>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tasigur-the-thrifty-fang-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-v275/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemne-sitter-of-faces/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/conspiring-group-hugs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Sorin Markov is considered fair play
>Tree of Perdition is not

Where were you when you realized your group was shit?

Even more than I hate weeb alters, I hate the fact that it's just a rule now that alters have to have that ugly extended border

Even if it wasn't ugly, it would bother me that everybody alters their cards the same way

But it IS ugly, it's awful, fuck all alters, forever and ever, and say amen

Also fuck weebs

>also fuck weebs
>weeb alters
So now anything that looks like anything resembling an anime art style is shit now? Is that how things work now?

Just reposting:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tasigur-the-thrifty-fang-1/

As before: a lot of Tasigur's effectiveness relies on political skill, but does the deck look functional? Any simple alterations you'd make? Thanks.

I believe it was in homage to the elesh norn judge alter, i could be wrong tho, i ate ramen once so im also a weeb

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-v275/

Posting again to get opinions. what would work better for draw, deathreap ritual, necropotence, or dark prophecy? Should i put tribute to wild back in for something?

> i ate ramen once so im also a weeb
I know this is a joke but I hate how liking Japanese things has just become synonymous with the term weeb nowadays.

No I wasn't saying the alter in the OP was weeb, that's my bad for being unclear

I just dislike the extended border and was reminded of all the shitty weeb alters I've seen that also have extended borders

>either being OP
Weenie Hut Junior.

tbqh it was the comment about "fuck all weebs" that got me more annoyed than anything else though.

Honestly I kinda regret saying fuck weebs now because I have no problem with people who are into Japanese stuff like ramen or sushi or they like reading about Shinto or Japanese history or something that's fine

It's literally just anime that grinds my gears

But anime is a medium, user. That's like saying books or movies or tv shows grind your gears.

Nice reading comprehension. Was just pointing out the hypocrisy in my group.

How do you guys feel about Morph effects? They seem like a lot of trouble to go through.

And I agreed with you. Neither are that good, making your group the Weenie Hut Junior. Nice reading comprehension.

Not if its Ixidron.

Tree at least has to wait, Sorin can go off immediately. How is makng someone lose 30 life not that good?

Hooded Hydra morph in newzuri is fun.

Please don't post any further you already proved I'm better than you.

In 1v1, that 6 mana can do so much more. In multiplayer, get ready to get gangraped if you do something like that to only one target.

As you say, a lot of trouble, usually not for enough, but usually =\= always

Not if the other players are fine with you fucking with only one guy.

Some morphs are useful i use den protector and stratus dancer in a few decks for their utility, alot of morphs are just shit tho

It's not just a medium, it's an subculture, and I hate the people involved and the anime they generally like and talk about

Like I'm sure you can find me some anime out there I'll like but that won't change the fact that anime posters and anime card alterers are fags

> I hate the people involved
So you hate millions of people around the world, both consumers and producers, merely because they like something?
> anime they generally like and talk about
I have a feeling you haven't been in very many anime communities by the way you are generalizing anime fans.
>but that won't change the fact that anime posters and anime card alterers are fags
I can get where you are coming from when you say anime card alterers are retards, but to say anyone that posts about anime is a fag is just plain wrong. "Always"s don't exist in humanity because humans are just so varied.

/EDH/ - Anime and Philosophy

We strive to emulate our beloved and wildly varied TCG format.

You got it backwards, I don't hate anime fans because they like anime, I hate people who like anime because the way they behave, pedophiles mostly

You're right I try to spend as little time as possible in the presence of pedophiles

And yeah you caught me, I'm generalizing, what a fuckin tragedy

Lol okay kid, here's your (you).

Janky token deck no one sees coming. Who is better; Nemata or Ishkana?

True.

The reason I'm saying all of this is because I like anime, know people that like anime, and know people like yourself who hate people that like anime. I'm not a pedophile and I consider myself to be moderately socially adjusted. I spend time with others that like anime and some of them are genuinely good and nice people that aren't pedophiles like you said. I think you are stereotyping an entire hobby because what I am guessing is either misinformation or a bad/negative experience with people that like anime in the past. Just accept that not everyone that likes anime is a pedo or a fag and you are stereotyping and overgeneralizing a group based on your own retarded bias.

Emmara.

>I'm not a pedophile

Likely story, anime fan

>just accept that....

Okay I accept

Still won't be spending time with anime watching pedophiles any time soon

>anyone who watches anime is a pedophile
Quit shitposting on Veeky Forums Donald.

I like ishkana if it's between those two, mostly so you can be golgari tokens rather than just mono green, but I like Nemata as well

>Likely story, anime fan
I don't know how else to prove it to you. I'm not sexually attracted to little girls if that's what's your insinuating.
>anime watching pedophiles
This obviously means you haven't accepted that all anime watchers aren't pedos though.

when the neckbeard who brings an $800 deck to casual night throws a tantrum at my infect cards

You have casual nights at your LGS? Because all mine has are tournaments and drafts.

Are you the Barneyfag of MTG? Can it be?

>there are people who think infect is unfair

I know your pain friend.

If you watch anime, and you aren't repulsed by the pedophilic images you see, I have to wonder, don't I?

I can accept that not ALL anime watchers are pedophiles while still assuming that most are and that therefore every one I meet most likely is

> you aren't repulsed by the pedophilic images you see
This is implying I watch anime that have pedophilic images or scenes. Which I don't. Pedopandering is less common in anime than you might think. Yuribait is actually more common. You might be confusing moe with pedophilia, which is a common mistake.
>while still assuming that most are and that therefore every one I meet most likely is
This is so untrue I don't even know where to begin. A lot of anime fans are girls and beyond that, anime is becoming more and more popular with the mainstream audience, leading to a decline of what you perceive to be pedos. But the majority of this discussion has mainly been you baiting me anyways so I don't know what I expected.

Boris

>he thinks the cute girls doing cute things meme is what ALL of anime is
In the same way that all comic book movies star Deadpool, right?

>just looked up moe on Google
>it's just pedophile shit but people are in denial about it

I'm finding myself torn between Tasigur and Mimeoplasm. Can anyone give some pros and cons, or something?

sick bait m8. Really it's tired at this point

>tasigur

>pros
If you make infinite mana somehow you win instantly, not necessarily so with mimeoplasm
4/5 beater you can easily cast for 1 mana at any point in the game
Take advantage of noobs in your pod by choosing them with his ability

>Cons
Mana intensive activated ability
Not all that impactful without infinite mana
>Mimeoplasm

>pros
Can have a huge etb effect
Sweet necrotic ooze combos
Versatile clone in your command zone

>cons
Exiles those sweet cards in your graveyard
5 mana isn't nothing

I prefer mimeoplasm

>5 person EDH
>Playing Intet dragon Tribal
>Win the game by killing 2 of the players one at a time, then the other two with Sarkhan Unbroken's ultimate

We call it the Dragonpocalypse.

>it's just pedophile shit but people are in denial about it
Please explain your logic to me so that I can understand this moronic idiocy.

Idk man i just googled it and saw all these images of underage girls and the term "affection" was being used

It screams pedophile to me

It's like if I saw an adult that was really into the show lazy town, I would wonder if they were a pedophile into the main character girl

It's one of Wizard's better efforts at having lore fit abilities. Sarkhan certainly fucked up Tarkir by shitting out dragons everywhere.

>saw all these images of underage girls and the term "affection" was being used
You sound like a retard.

Big thanks. How much have you played the two? Did either wear thin after your group saw them several times?

You know it's possible to feel "affection" towards things and not want to fuck them, right?

I feel like animar morph tribal would be hilarious

I have played both

Graveyard decks can be frustrating if you have a lot of rest in peace in your meta, like in these threads you'll see a bunch of "just Krosan grip it, you're in green", and it's true that sultai has it easier than a red black reanimator decks for instance, but rest in peace is still really tough to deal with

Taisgur is better against gy hate, but I prefer the instant value of mimeoplasm etb'ing as a copy of some powerful creature, my fave is zegana because you get counters from the other creature you exile

As stupid as it is I'm gonna make Sphinx tribal with Isperia. What fun non-sphinx cards would you suggest I put in it?

Defensive pedophiles detected

I wouldn't want to be around you but as long as you don't touch underage girls it's all good

Well there's always room for me to improve on my piloting, how's the 99?

>doesn't understand what moe is and projects that others are pedos just because he sounds like an idiot
nice b8

All the prison cards
Sphere of safety
Propaganda
Ghostly prison
Run all of the "creature cant attack/block/activate almonds" enchantments

Then fill the rest with counterspells/boardwipes/mld and ping them to death with flyers

bumping for help

>doesn't post link

Sorry, was too busy sucking dick
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemne-sitter-of-faces/

that sounds fun for me but not for anyone else. I love it

First off stop falling for obvious bait. It's impossible for someone to be on this Taiwanese Trading Card board and not have heard the term "moe" in relation to anime before.

Second, I need some help on an Enchantress Selvana. I wanna start work on the Manabase but I feel like I should cut at least 5 of the Enchantments. I also feel like I'm lacking on Instants, too.

>No decklink
>Selvana

That's what I get for posting at 3 am.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/conspiring-group-hugs/

K R S O S A N G R I P

I wish I had a green general just so I could run that card. You seem to be lacking a lot in the spot removal/wipes department which is something white does better than any other color.

I try not to read into what pedophiles are saying, sorry I never bothered to look up what moe means, and I never will

What anime did your rapey uncle like user? I bet it was Berserk.

It was death note, a pedophile favorite

Never heard of berserk but I'm sure it's equally disgusting with its images of underage girls

It's about underage boys actually.

fuck kroasan grip. Real men dont use removal in green, they just trample over anything in the way.

I love playing against retards like this.

It kills combo dead, user. If they made more utility creatures with split-second I'd play them but all we have for now are those ones in red and white

>It was death note, a pedophile favorite
We're there even any underage girls in death note?
The youngest charcter I remember is the kid they got to replace L.

Were there
Fucking phone

Post deck.

Just posting some Elesh.

Perfection.

A friend and I want to play some Commander, but all the lists are for multiplayer games.
What are the main differences between decks for multiplayer and duel commander? How can we change the lists we found to fit 2player games? (besides different ban lists)

Google duel commander.

Honestly just play modern.

Play literally any other format, even tiny memers is less of a joke than modern at this point.

That wasn't the point but whatever

Man, I really want some more Tireless Trackers for my decks and I'm not sure wether to get them now or wait. They're being played in Standard right now after all, which always bloats card prices, but they're also gonna be EDH staples for years to come.

Nemata is hilarious, also pretty obvious.

Rule of thumb is if its a standard staple priced at $5 or less, and isnt rotating soon, buy it now.

That card is too expensive IRL.

Try this with Elesh Norn instead.

I already have a living plane, but I didn't know about this one. Thanks, always good to have multiples.

This one interacts poorly with enemy +1/+1 anthems, though.

True, but at least its really affordable.

Plus, most anthems are enchantments that green and white can easily deal with.

Yeah, the whole reserved list is rising by the day, huh?

Get your Infernal Denizens now or Shkreli's gonna get his mitts on 'em!

I mean, it's honestly incredible. Living Plane was $20 a month ago, $40 when I bought one last week, and now it's $50.

Really? Shit, maybe I should buy those Metalworkers

It's kinda true. Fucking Wood Elemental is worth more than popular commanders like Jhoira or OG Drana just by virtue of being on the list. I know the others had multiple printings and we're not talking big cash, but still. That's kinda ridiculous.

Do your decks have a set of cards that you consider your win condition? Or is your win condition just naturally spread throughout?

I noticed with my Horde of Notions deck, despite being full of creatures, only around three or four specific cards were winning me games.

I recommend trying Highlanderin addition to Duel Commander.

By far the most hated of the ones in my deck.

I'm not sorry