Army List Building General

Because the other generals are cluttered, and forums are too slow. AoS, 40k, etc. all welcome. Post your army list or idea for an army list below.

Rules Databases:
>Age of Sigmar, Warhammer 40,000, and Warhammer Fantasy Battles:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
>Infinity:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>General List Building Advice:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Listbuilding_101

Some Dos and Don'ts of this thread:

DO:
- Post what you want to do with your list (tournament, casual, etc.)
- Post the points limit
- Post the total cost of each model (for characters) or unit
- List the upgrades a unit has taken
- List the dedicated transports a unit has taken
- Clearly identify which detachment/formation each unit belongs to

DON'T:
- Post the individual cost break down for each upgrade
- Post the individual stats of a unit
- Copy the list directly from battle scribe (or equivalent)
- List ALL the war gear/special rules a model/unit has
- List all the command benefits a individual detachment has

Not a list but I am Building a freeguild army that pulls double duty for a empire of Sohnstall army and I am currently at:

up to 18 pikemen (spears) 12 crossbowmen and 12 handgunners
from an order of perry European mercenaries 1450-1500
12 Perry 1450-1500 mounted Men at arms to convert to Reiksguard
1 empire cannon kit
a box of 10 state troops to model
2 frostgrave elementalists to make Bright wizards or bright plus another appropriate mage

and I guess I am forced to get the Empire general or equivalent model to make freeguild army work.

I need help deciding what to add on what to get to complete my "army", freeguild+empire AoS operates like 40k guard without vehicles so I probably need to max out the spears, handguns, and crossbows but I have yet to get the Perry minis I got so I don't know if ordering another box is the best bet since they are my first foray into Perry. Not opposed to GW kits, just cutting corners and I am interested in Frostgrave as well so it is easy for me to justify using Frostgrave kits or Frostgrave convertable kits. Probably getting a GW war alter or a celestial hurricanum have to look it up again and a kit of Frostgrave enchanters to make warpriests out of. I am also keeping an eye out for Luthor Huss and Marius Leitdorf kits since I like them from the fluff.

>IG CAD 1,500 Points
Pask, LR Punisher +2 Heavy Bolters, Dozer Blade
LR Exterminator +2 Heavy Bolters, Dozer Blade
Veterans (Chimera) +2 Meltaguns, Vox-caster
Veterans (Chimera) +2 Meltaguns, Vox-caster

>Emperor's Wrath
Company Command (Chimera) +2 Meltaguns, Vox-caster, Volkov's Cane
Wyvern
Wyvern
Manticore
Enginseer

Have a semi-competitive 1,500 point Maelstrom game with a friend coming up, my IG vs his DE. The table has plenty of cover/ruins and terrain big enough to hide skimmers. I expect him to bring lots of Lance Ravagers, haywire Scourges and Venoms carrying as many blasters possible.

I'm also not very experienced with Maelstrom. Do I have enough units to take and hold objectives? I'm thinking the CAD can be mobile and push to get me VP from tactical objectives. The CCS can come help once the Manticore is dead or out of missiles and use Target Sighted for twin-linked meltaguns.

Outside Pask, you can't deal with 2+ save models very well.
Drop the mech vets for an Executioner and turn the CAD into a tank company. The 12" bubble Pask gives to the other Russ will help them out a bit.
Some tech-priests with some grease monkeys couldn't hurt either.

My "just won't fucking die" Death Guard List I made for friendly games, while trying to be somewhat competetive.

>Chaos Space Marines 1,750 Points

HQ:
Lord + Bike, P.fist, P.claw, Combi-plasma, Mon, Sigil - 175p

Troops:
8x Plague Marines + 2 Meltaguns, P.fist, Combi-melta - 223p
8x Plague Marines + 2 Plasmaguns, P.fist, Combi-plasma - 238p
Rhino + Havoc launcher, Warpflame gargoyles - 52p
Rhino + Havoc launcher, Warpflame gargoyles - 52p
10x Cultists + Autoguns, Flamer - 64p
10x Cultists + Autoguns, Flamer - 64p

Elite:
3 x Chaos Terminators + 3 Combi-meltas, 3 Mon - 128p
Helbrute + Twin-linked Lascannon - 130p

Fast Attack:
5x Bikers + 5 Mon, 2 Meltaguns, P.fist - 165p

Heavy Support:
3x Obliterators + 3 Mon - 228p
5x Havocs + 4 autocannons - 115p
5x Havocs + 4 autocannons - 115p

1749/1750p

So the general idea behind this force is:

- Biker Lord and his T6 buddies refuse to fucking die
- Cultists run around grabbing objectives, while the Plagues do drive-bys and refuse to fucking die
- Termies deep strike behind any armoured threats (vindicators, etc.), and then refuse to fucking die
- Havocs blow up transports, Oblits feed plasma to whatever pops out
- Helbrute is just there to look cool.

Feel free to comment.

My mistake, there're 2 squads of 7 plague marines, not 8.

I've been thinking about building
Drycha Hamadreth 280
Outcasts
5x Spite revenants 100
5x Spite revenants 100
5x Spite revenants 100
---
Gnarlroot wargrove (100)
Treeman Ancient with Ranu's lamentiri 300
Branchwych with Seed or Rebirth/Acorn of Ages 100
5x Tree revenants 100
---
Battleline
20x Dryads 240
5x Tree revenants 100
---
3x Kurnoth hunters with scythes 180
3x Kurnoth hunters with bows 180

But i've started to have second thoughts about the outcasts batallion, should i cut it down to maybe one unit or so of spite revenants, and fill out my second dryad unit and get some kournot hunters? I'd really like to keep drycha since having 'unique' larger models and not two similar ones is something that appeals to me, and i think her model is really cool.

1850 points pure IK
Imperial Knights Baronnial Court Formation

3x Imperial Knight Wardens
1x Imperial Knight Gallant with 5 point melta
1x Imperial Knight Warden with 5 point melta as warlord with 15 point Sanctuary relic

Am I that guy?
>pic related ... my actual army

Getting into infinity, what are the must haves for combined army?

No list, I'm posting from a phone and don't have access to it. I will post it as soon as I can.

I just want to know the general viability of my strategy, and if there are any particular models I should look at.

Main detachment will be renegades and heretics, in the purge formation, and with an ordinance tyrant. This is to allow me to hit my own troops as they tarpit the enemy.

Secondary detachment will be a khorne daemonkin, which will provide the tarpits, and the soul grinder based artillery.

The goal is to maximize blood tithe generation.

This probably belongs in the Infinity general desu.

But:
>Daturatzi
>Charonid/Anathematic
>Ikadrons

Honestly though, infinity doesn't have autoincludes like other games.

Why powerfist on the plasma squad? with the meltas it's at least kinda useful since you can charge after firing and T5 means you'll probably do pretty good in assault or you can finish off a vehicle. But the PGs are rapid fire, so the PF is a waste.

That list and those like it are boring as fuck to play. Why even have models or a board to play on?
>Just roll dice and tell you opponent if you got enough wounds to wipe him/her

>would not shake hands after

You're going to struggle with 2+ saves and deathstars massively, I don't know guard super well but you might want to add in some less static units so that if you come against something like that you can scatter and win on objectives

You don't have much killing power at all. The havocs are sitting ducks, and the terminators won't refuse to die at all with 3 T5 2+ save models.

I'd play you, but a lot of casual players won't. Definitely bring a backup more casual list to your LGS as most lists can't deal with 5 knights.

Recently made a fun-sounding Necron list for casual games

1844 points
>Decurion
-*Reclamation Legion*-
-Overlord with Warscythe, Night Shroud, and Phase Shifter
-5 Lychguard with Dispersion shields and Hyperphase swords
-7 Immortals with Gauss blasters
-1 squad of 20 Warriors
-1 squad of 10 Warriors
-1 squad of 12 Warriors
-Tomblades with Shield Vanes and Twin-Linked Gauss Blasters
-1 Monolith

-*Canoptek Harvest*-
-1 Spyder
-3 Wraiths with Particle Whips
3 Scarab bases

>Unbound Necron Allies
-1 Night Scythe
-1 Ghost Ark
-1 Triarch Stalker

The plan is essentially to march forward with the blob foots-logging and the 10 man squad in the ghost ark repairing the blob and offering additional support. The Triarch stalker would also let the warriors hit on 2s. Tomb blades would whizz around being annoying and holding objectives while the canoptek harvest does its own thing probably flanking to the side.

I then have my overlord and his Lychguard fly in on the scythe, survive a round of shooting with 3++ and 4++ and charge the enemy warlord or a similar high-priority target. The monolith would then deep strike into enemy lines or closer and release the immortals and 12 warriors to poke the enemy further away from their back line.

Idk if it'll work but it sounds fun. C&C very appreciated as I have little skill with list-building, even with a mono build army like the necrons.

Played against a similar list in a "casual tournament for new players" since the player had no opponent due to there being an uneven amount of players there, so I brought a casual list.
Have to say it wasn't very fun for me, but I'm sure it was for the other guy.

Decurion vs Casual List is completely lopsided. Nobody will have fun

Trying to build a well rounded 500 points Black Templars list for small pick up games and league play.

HQ
Chaplain with auspex. 95pts.

Troops
5 man Crusader Squad. 1 Flamer, 1 power maul, chainswords and bolt pistols. 90pts.

5 man Crusader Squad. Rhino, plasmagun. 120pts

Heavy Support
5 man Devastator Squad
3 missile launchers, 1 lascannon. 135pts

2 crew Quad Mortar Support Battery. 60pts

1500 list, I wanted to take a bunch of talos models. The last 515 points are flexible, and I definitely don't mind removing them for something less WAAC since I actually want to play fun games.
DE:
Formation: Corpsethief Claw (650pts)
Talos [Ichor Injector, Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon]

Formation: Dark Artisan (335pts)
Cronos [Spirit Probe]
Haemonculus [Close combat weapon, Flesh Gauntlet, Splinter Pistol]

CE:
Seer Council (515pts)
Skyrunner Seer Council
Skyrunner Farseer [Shuriken Pistol, Singing spear, Skyrunner, The Spirit Stone of Anath'lan (Remnant of Glory)]
Skyrunner Farseer [Shuriken Pistol, Singing spear, Skyrunner]
Skyrunner Warlock Conclave
Skyrunner Warlock [Singing spear]
Skyrunner Warlock [Singing spear]
Skyrunner Warlock [Witchblade]
the 985 points of Talos + fixings are non-negotiable, I want to use all the stuff I just painted. But I'm fully aware this list won't be fun for my opponents. So instead of the seer council what can I take that will make the game fun and satisfy my cravings for a wall of talos

>The havocs are sitting ducks

Do elaborate, I'm actually considering using them myself.

T4, 3+ save, same issue Devastators have, but your guns are worse. They aren't sitting in a transport and any decent list will have tools to remove those models before they're useful

>Decurion
>Casual

Pick one, the thing is Necrons are annoying and frustrating to kill. So what ever upgrade they get from a formation makes them even more frustrating.

>not putting your devastators behind aegis, or in heavy cover

pic related

>implying most lists don't have a way to kill them anyway

1500 semi-competative Dark Angels Demi-Company

Company Master
-Artificer armour
-Power fist
-Plasma pistol
-The Eye of the Unseen

Command Squad
-Plasma gun
-Plasma gun
-Plasma gun
-Plasma gun
-Plasma gun
-Razorback

Tactial squad
-+5 marines
-Melta
-Combi-melta
-Grav-cannon
-Rhino

Tactial squad
-+5 marines
-Melta
-Combi-melta
-Grav-cannon
-Rhino

Tactial squad
-+5 marines
-Melta
-Combi-melta
-Grav-cannon
-Rhino

Assault squad
-Flamer
-Flamer
-Jump pack x5

Devastartor squad
-Missile launcher x4

Scouts
-Camo cloaks
-Snipers

Dreadnaught
-Assault cannon
-Dropod

Company Master will be with command squad shootan the dudes.

>implying most lists don't have a way to kill them anyway

You can say that about literally every unit in the game other than Wraithknights.

>playing with units other than Wraithknights and Riptides

He hasn't paid for an aegis, and 2 units of havocs + unit of oblits probably won't have enough terrain without bunching up to sit in on a normal table.

Yeah obviously you can say that about anything, but any list will be able to kill your t4 havocs, regardless of4+ cover, without something to fire out of that they can't get shot back in.

Is it that bad or is the thread that slow?

On the off chance anyone who knows the Eldar Corsairs list is around, what can I do to improve this? I haven't built all the models yet since I'm converting them and it's my first Corsairs list, so I can still change most of it. However, I have a specific idea of what I want my 1850 list to look like (2 coteries, deep striking jetpack dudes, etc) and I'd like to keep most of the same models. So I'll post my 1000 pts, then my planned 1850 pts, in the hope that someone can point it out if I'm going full retard.

Something like this:

Corsair Fleet Raiding Crew Detachment (1000 pts)
---Command Crew (120 pts)
>Corsair Prince – Cloud Dancer, Forceshield, Void Sabre, Seeker of Forbidden Pleasures – 120 pts
---Sky Burners Coterie (880 pts)
HQ
>Corsair Baron – Cloud Dancer, Shimmershield, Venom Blade – 70 pts
Elites
>Corsair Wasp Squadron – 1 Wasp, Void Burners, 2x Shuriken Cannon – 75 pts
>Corsair Wasp Squadron – 1 Wasp, Void Burners, 2x Scatter Laser – 75 pts
Troops
>Cloud Dancer Band – 3 Felarchs, 3 Venom Blades, Combat Drugs – 135 pts
>Ghostwalker Band – 5x Longrifle, Corsair Jet Packs – 90 pts
>Reaver Band – 3x Shuriken Catapult, 2x Flamer, Corsair Jet Packs – 85 pts
Fast Attack
>Corsair Hornet Squadron – Hornet with 2x Pulse Lasers, Kinetic Shroud, Void Burners – 100 pts
>Corsair Hornet Squadron – Hornet with 2x Pulse Lasers, Kinetic Shroud, Void Burners – 100 pts
Heavy Support
>Balestrike Band – 5x Dark Lance, Corsair Jet Packs – 150 pts

(1/2)

(2/2)
Corsair Fleet Raiding Crew Detachment (1850 pts)
---Command Crew (240 pts)
>Corsair Prince – Cloud Dancer, Shadow Field, Void Sabre, Seeker of Forbidden Pleasures – 135 pts
>Void Dreamer – ML3, Corsair Jet Pack, Forceshield – 105 pts
---Sky Burners Coterie (925 pts)
HQ
>Corsair Baron – Cloud Dancer, Shimmershield, Venom Blade – 70 pts
Elites
>Corsair Wasp Squadron – 1 Wasp, Void Burners, 2x Shuriken Cannon – 75 pts
>Corsair Wasp Squadron – 1 Wasp, Void Burners, 2x Scatter Laser – 75 pts
Troops
>Cloud Dancer Band – 3 Felarchs with 3 Venom Blades, 2 Cloud Dancers, Combat Drugs, 1xShuriken Cannon – 185 pts
Fast Attack
Heavy Support
---Titan Breakers Coterie (685 pts)
HQ
>Corsair Baron – 2x Fusion Pistol, Corsair Jet Pack, Shimmershield – 90 pts
Elites
>Voidstorm Band – 4 Felarchs with 2x Blast Pistol each, 1 Felarch with Fusion Gun, Jetpacks – 260 pts
Troops
>Ghostwalker Band – 5x Longrifle, Corsair Jet Packs – 90 pts
>Reaver Band – 3x Lasblaster, 2x Fusion Gun – 95 pts
Heavy Support

I imagine the stupidest choice is putting 350 pts into pistol-wielding 1W marshmallow jetpack troops, but the idea is too cool to pass up so I'm at least going to model a Voidstorm Squad and 2nd Baron like that. I guess I could just build them and leave them on the shelf if they're that bad of a points investment, but deepstriking 10~ lance/melta shots into the ass end of a vehicle and then using the jetpack move to run sounds fun and pirate-y.

This thread is way slower than the general in my experience, since you have to wait for someone who plays your army to find the thread.

Think I'll try the general then, thanks

Casual List / Competitive but not too cheesy

1000 Pts CSM
Primary Detachment
HQ - Chaos Lord w/ MoK, Axe of Bline Fury, Sigil of Corruption - 135 pts

Troops - Khorne Berserkers (9), Champ w/ Powersword - 196 pts

Troops - Chaos Marines (10)
2 Plasma Guns , Champion w/ Combi Melta - 180pts

Troops - Chaos Cultists (10) w/ Flamer - 55pts

Dedicated Transports - 2 Rhinos w/ Havoc Launchers - 94 pts

Formation - Mayhem Pack
3 Helbrutes, 1 w/ Twinlinked Las-Cannon, 3 Combi Bolters - 340

Not much of a strat yet since it's been years since i've last played. Overall goal is to use Lord and Berserkers to KILL MAIM BURN, and use Troops to support as much as they can. Helbrutes are the meat to this list. Get them in and tear apart whatever they can.

Seems solid to me, granted i'm not much of a pro. I see lots of strong firepower to deal w/ 2+ saves, and seems to have enough anti tank.

Only thought i've got is that the squads seems small, maybe a bit more quantity? I feel like the squads may be a bit too squishy?

I've doubled them up and put them in rhinos, dunno how to make them tougher, maybe move some points and get something for the rhinos?

Thanks, I won't forget to get more tanks and use Executioners. I might need to get 7 tanks in a list instead of 5 and use the Cadian detachment because of the FAQ saying I can't upgrade the tank commander to Pask for Armored Company.

But one thing, that list is for mechanized Dark Eldar.

list tailoring is bad mmkay?

I haven't really played since 5th, and I'm thinking about Dark Eldar. I have a few questions:

Are they worth playing if you're not going to ally craftworld?

What's actually viable in the Codex?

Are their fliers fun/worth taking?

What's a good place to start? Battlebox? Then what? We're looking at 1000 points and potentially HoR kill teams for now.

A battle between two tailors!

I could just make a generic list, but I don't think I can convince him to not mass up on AV Ravagers and Scourges.

This is a 1250 list I am trying to assemble/paint for a game this week.

It is going toward an 1850 list I have planned out.

Can't speak for the game I haven't played in 7th ed.
The Get Started Box for DE is probably the best value for money.
You will use both the kabellites (unless you want to play full haemo) and the raider. The jetbikes are still a decent choice from what I gather. And since the DE models are designed for compatibility you'll get a bit of leeway to customise the archon.
You can also get some extra models out of the raider hangers on with a bit of conversion.

Awesome. That's good to know. What should I get to support the box? Would my friends hate me if I took either of the fliers?

Trying to come up with something competitive for my LGS, everyone there is a jerk with Tau/Eldar/Necron cheese lists.

SPACE WIZARDS
Ultramarine CAD: 620 points
HQ:
1 Librarian (Lv1, force axe, shield eternal) - 115
Troops:
5 Tactical Marines (drop pod, melta gun) - 120
5 Scouts (close combat weapon) - 55
Heavy Support:
4 Centurions (grav cannons, hurricane bolters, omniscope) - 330

Ultramarine Librarius Conclave - 380 points
Chief Librarian Tigurius - 165
Terminator Librarian (Lv 2, force sword, storm shield) - 125
Librarian (Lv 2, force sword) - 90

Grey Knight Nemesis Strike Force: 997 points
HQ:
1 Librarian (Lv 3, Storm Bolter, nemesis staff) - 140
1 Librarian (Lv 3, 2 nemesis falchions) - 135
Troops:
5 Strike Marines (incinerator, 4 halberds, melta bomb) - 128
Fast Attack:
5 Interceptors (incinerator, 1 daemonhammer, melta bomb) - 154
Heavy Support:
1 Dreadknight (teleporter, heavy incinerator, heavy psycannon, nemesis greatsword) - 225
1 Dreadknight (teleporter, heavy incinerator, heavy psycannon, 2 powerfists) - 215

The centurions and most of the librarians lump into one deathstar that teleports around cheesily with Gate or something similar, using invis and sanctuary to stay alive. Dreadknights shoot and charge at things. Strike squad protects one of the librarians, interceptors chase down something squishy and kill it, marines drop and snipe a tank with their melta, the scouts sit on an objective and try not to die.
Can it work?

>Would my friends hate me if I took either of the fliers?

If they don't have anti-air or fliers of their own then, yeah. As the fliers go, the Ravenwing is better value points wise as it comes with missiles whereas the bomber has to pay for them.

Combo that with a squad of scourges and the box and you'll have a pretty solid (and relatively cheap) 500pt list. Not much room for options though if you run it at 500 though.

The de rigueur unit of DE is still 5 Kabellite trueborn in a venom. Usually with blasters.

Beyond this I don't really know much about what's good this edition. Sorry.

It's cool. Thanks, though. Idk if I'd want a flier at 500 points cause that sounds mean, but maybe 1000.

So here's a simple 1850 Raptors Chapter list I want to try, since I haven't played much recently much less with Sposs Muhreens. Lots of infantry, lots of using the Pinion Demi Company to provide lots of rending bolter and heavy weapon fire that ignores cover. Coteaz is to help fill points and not get fucked by constantly getting seized on, because that's a thing. And with Lias, I can man sure the heavy weapons get stuck somewhere very uncomfortable every game.

Inquisitorial Detachment:
Inquisitor Coteaz - 100

Allied Detachment:
Lias Issodon - 175

Fire Raptor Gunship w/ Quad Heavy Bolters, War of Murder (Monster Hunter) - 245

Cloak and Sniper Scout Squad - 85

Pinion Demi-Company:
Captain w/ Artificer Armor, Powerfist, Combi-flamer - 145 (Joins the podding assault squad)

5 Man Tac squad w/ Plasma Cannon - 85
5 Man Tac Squad w/ Lascannon - 90
5 Man Tac Squad w/ Lascannon - 90

10 man Dev squad w/ 4 Grav Cannons - 280

7 man assault team w/ Combi-flamer, 2 flamers, drop pod - 149

5 Man Cloak and Missile launcher scout team - 80

>Heavy cover
>Implying I'm going to bother wasting AP 3 on T4 one wound models
I'll just assault them or fury of the legion them. Fury of the legion at close range kills 8 of your devastators outright.

What order are you going to give a wyvern battery? Taking two of them instead of 1 and a basilisk seems to waste the potential of the Emrperor's wrath, also heavy bolters on Pask are a bit of a waste, it's counter-intuitive because of the punisher Gatling cannon, but the important point is rending and tank hunter secondary to that, so his main target is vehicles, monsters, elite infantry, basic troops in that order, a lascannon and two multi-meltas or plasma cannons should work better on what he mostly shoots at.

Run out of metal boxes and SoB. Facing non formation Imperial Fist.

+++ Sisters Flaming Fire (1998pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1380pts) ++

+ HQ (135pts) +

Saint Celestine (135pts)

+ Troops (290pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (145pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

Battle Sister Squad (145pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

+ Fast Attack (550pts) +

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Seraphim Squad (170pts) [8x Seraphim, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers]

+ Heavy Support (405pts) +

Exorcist (135pts) [Dozer Blade, Storm Bolter]

++ Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Inq Inquisitorial Detachment) (618pts) ++

+ HQ (163pts) +

Inquisitor Coteaz (100pts)

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (63pts) [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Power Armour, Psyker (Mastery Level 1)]

+ Elites (455pts) +

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (80pts) 3x Acolyte [Bolter, Flak Armour, Laspistol]
··Chimera [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter, Psybolt Ammunition]

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (375pts) [3x Crusader, 5x Death Cult Assassin]
··Land Raider Crusader [Psybolt Ammunition]

Looking to optimize my spoopy ghosts list. Stillwant to keepit fluffy, so I won't have more than one Wraithknight, or engage in ally fuckery.

Advice?

Why aren't you taking heavy flamers on the battle sister squads? Also Force Axe is probably your best bet, even with I4 you are still S3, and if you put him in with the crusaders and death cult you have enough power swords there already (a priest would work pretty well in that squad as well).

Because how shooting works. If I use Heavy Flamer, the normal flamer could be out range. So with 3 flamers I can use them at the same time.

Force Axe in the Inquisitor? Not sure if they can take it.

How to add a Priest? Suggestions about what to remove.

pg 173 of the rules under multiple templates is
>If a unit is firing more that one shot with the template type, resolve each shot one at a time as described above, determining and recording one at a time how many hits are scored by each template. Once the number of hits from all templates has been determined, roll to wound as normal.
You determine all template hits before casualties shrink the squad.

Oh you're right, it's specifically force swords for inquisitors not just force weapons.

Dropping 2 Seraphim seems like the obvious choice.

Could drop one Inquisitor, add a psyker to the acolyte squad, add a priest with power maul, 2 heavy flamers and be left with 4 points to spare.

Since basically the Chimera Squad is a gun boat.

What weapon goes best on a BA Razorback? I'm thinking of just slapping a flamer on it, to match the flamers on my tac squad, and the flamers on my Baal Predator.

Unless it's another toy that vanilla get over BA then assault cannons are best on anyone's razorback.

Unless it's a free razorback from a gladius. Then you might as well not spend the points since it's just going to camp on objectives and soak up bullets anyway.

For the same price I get a twin-linked plasma and a lascannon. Tough call.

Would an AC be better on my predator? Might just magnetize the thing.

I'm attending a small tournament next saturday and I've been toying around with Iron Hands lately. This is the list I'm thinking. Cataprachtii captain drops in with the grav devastators and tanks wounds to best of his ability. Melta tacticals do what they do. Naked tactical squad is probs going to reserve to arrive later to grab objectives on my deployment zone. Then there's of course Smashfucker with his command squad deathstar. These guys avoid combat with tarpits because they're useless there without hit'n'run. Storm talons shoot stuff to death and fly around.

Any thoughts?

Actually I realized I should probably change Gorgon's chains and Shield Eternals places.

I'd swap the attack bike for another land speeder but I can't remember if that costs 5 more points, which you clearly don't have, maybe drop a storm shield to give that squad an extra grav-gun.

Thoughts on my imperial guard list ???

Emperor's Fist Armoured Company 950
Knight Commander Pask 70
3 Leman Russ Punishers 420
3 Lascannons 30

Leman Russ Eradicator 120
Lascannon 10

Lascannon 10

Lascannon 10

Enginseer 40

Combined Arms Detachment 900

HQ 65

Lord Commisar 65

Troops 540

Veterans 60
3 Meltaguns 30
Lascannon 20
Chimera 65
Dozer Blade 5

Veterans 60
3 Meltaguns 30
Lascannon 20
Chimera 65
Dozer Blade 5

Veterans 60
3 Meltaguns 30
Lascannon 20
Chimera 65
Dozer Blade 5

Heavy Support 195

Wyvern 65

Wyvern 65

Wyvern 65

Fortification 100

Aegis 50
Quad gun 50

plenty of ignores cover blasts and dakka to deal with infantry, plenty of meltaguns and lascannons to deal with tanks and BS 5 lord commissar on the twin linked quad gun to shoot at flyes. i understand the tanks will probably be raped by D weapons and stuff but i think its and OK list.

Yeah it's 5 points more. I like staying alive too much so no extra grav for me.

Got bored while on the shitter. How fast would this get tabled?

One tank for other tanks and one tank for infantry works a lot better than two tanks trying to do both at the same time.
Pask's lascannon is good, but I'd ditch them on the other two punishers, they will be better served by a heavy bolter. I'd take them off the erradicators as well, change one to a exterminator+lascannon for light vehicles and one to a vanquisher+lascannon for heavy
Ditch the lascannons on the vets, they've got meltas and transports, they want to moving.
Putting the Comm on the quad gun will just result in a dead Comm, get 3 ratlings with the points from the lascannons to man it, a 3+ cover saver and the ability to not die to a single S6+ shot should make your AA still alive on turn 2, or take out a chimera and 3 meltas instead of their lascannon and have a vet squad man it, with that and all the other lasccanons gone you might be able to throw in a hellhound.

Not very fast, at least not Draigo's squad. I've been toying with an idea of MSU paladins. 3 man squads with apothecaries and some melee weapons. Like seven squads of them. They can't shoot them all, but then again these guys might not have enough attacks to win combats against larger squads and wouldn't catch anything faster than infantry.

Ok sound advice man thanks

^ this was in reference to the advice about the IG army just to avoid confusion

I am hoping to play my first 40k game this week, I am using IF.

What do y'all think about this 1850 list?

It is lacking troops.

Looks good.

Would the Basilisk be used only for the twin-link benefits? It wouldn't be as effective as the Manticore since its given Ignores Cover, leaving only Pinning and Split Fire left for other artillery. I took the formation with 2 Wyverns since I needed 5 Heavy Support slots and the formation buffs my Manticore nicely.

Is it that bad to run with Wyverns to keep the formation low cost?

I can understand the rest, my general purpose Pask runs Lascannon and Multi-melta sponsons, like my Exterminators in more rounded lists.

Haha, I don't know why the image didn't load.

I'm glad I could make a fool of myself for you guys.

Now that I think about it, I had the image selected and then hit cancel probably. Go me.