Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Sigmar won't leave his throne anymore edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
What happened to kat uploader group? I know they "borrow" form Veeky Forums, but da uploader convert epub3 to pdf like no one.

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/259096.page
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/116pJQjH73xUdeQHjUyp3l802HcCbiiL3mDeQsWowjsk/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Först

new scenery battletome epub been shared yet?

Are we ever going to get a proper skeleton army again? I don't like vampires or varghuls and shit.

I want skeleton monstrosities!

Probably yes. Someday.

Order's turn! And anyone who was annoyed a few days ago by the 9 woods, prepare for 10!

What are the good DPS units from Chaos? I notice that a lot of Chaos units, at least from the mortals side, are pretty resilient, but only do gradual damage. Great for line holding and weight of attacks but what are the real hammers of the Chaos Alliance?

Do we have a unit like Blood Knights from undead, just a completely solid good unit to smash a big unit of liberators apart or wreak an orge unit.

If I needed a solid hammer unit to just fuck something's shit up where should I look. I was thinking Varanguard, but they are way too expensive for what they bring to the table most of the time.

>DPS
>Turn based game

>>more then 6" from any models

Does terrain features count as models for this case. I never thought of them as models but that would be relevant for these rules.

wat happens if you start the game b4 midnight but play until past midnight? FAQ!!!

>Damage Per Swing

How much damage the unit puts out each time they apply their attacks in a turn.

Rule applies for the whole game.

Let's go with yes.

Herald of Slaanesh on Exalted Seeker Chariot is a steal for 160 points, an absolute monster IF you get the charge and strike where it hurts.

Really? Whats next, DLC to boost your dice throws?

Are you actually complaining about this?

Heya, thinking of starting a darkling coven army. At 1k points thinking sorceress, assassin, 20 blackguard, 10 executioners and 2 battleline.

Out of the 3 choices for battleline what would work with my army best? Should I also forego 10 blackguard for a reaper bolt thrower?

Holy shit, the Khorne one was complete shit compared to this one...

>on a roll of a 6 to wound you get a single extra mortal wound
>only one model gets this rule

Order gets a 5+ bonus on every one of their turns with almost no real conditions and entire forests to fuck with people or heals to their shit. Way more easier to apply and way more game effecting and wide sweeping.

Damn, I knew GW has a hard on for order but the bias just is so freaking obvious with shit like this.

A Wyldwood is three woods unless you can only find space for 1 or 2 or ran out of wood terrain because of your ability to summon a jillion woods.

That's a lotta lumber.

Might wanna consider pic related Battallion as a goal

>Sylvaneth can already spam Woods + have loads of healing spells/abilites
>Now this
I thought that it was supposed to help the non Order factions, not everyone gets a turn

Non Order shits BTFO

With points now being a thing, do you think we will go back to people playing grey armies´o the month? Constantly changing to the "best" new army, never finishing a project.

I think the original idea with AoS works best if you force your opponent to play fully painted and fully based units with no proxys. This, in a way, is balance by itself. Because many players simply dont have the fatigue to paint all those über lists you sometimes see on the table.

I really like points, I do, but I have noticed some things since they were released:

People who really tried to not bring the do all end all units constantly now really go out of their way to max out. When a Skaven player rarely used Stormfiends/Jezzails I see them constantly now with the player saying they are balanced by points.

As sad as it is the honey moon is over for those who had a nice meta and more and more new player are comming in who literally just want to field whatever is strongest.

Probably with Order fags, all the new broken shit has mainly been their stuff.

No one is complaining that Iron Jaws or Savage boys are broken, neither were the blood bound. Its order that has been reliably getting better and better shit and will no doubt have the waac players jumping to their shit.

Also noticed an uptick in assholes.

Also check'em.

>>Slannesh is pleased with this post...

Ironjawz are incredibly strong and people acknowledge that all the time. Especially with the new Destruction Allegiance ability.

About points, it does seem fine that people are taking stronger shit as long as it is properly pointed. Stormfiends are stupid expensive which makes them reasonable to bring in 1000-2000 point games, and I say this as an Order player.

If you're mad that people are bringing more powerful stuff, then just talk to them about it. If you think one Behemoth is too strong even if it is 1/6 of their army points, either don't play with them or git gud.

Somebody post that picture of the big AoS battle taken pre-GH with absolutely nothing painted.

This is why I prefer playing with my own group. It's only 4 people but we've all been playing the game for over 10 years and just paint the stuff we like. The AoS meta won't get a soul crushing as the 8th edition meta (paint 50 models of core just to compete)

>The AoS meta won't get a soul crushing as the 8th edition meta (paint 50 models of core just to compete)

Fucking this^ I don't care what is good or bad, I'm just happy I can paint less models and still be able to play a real game.

My Everchosen list is 30 models at 1500 when all the summoned units are taken into account and that is fantastic for me.

Well, it is what it is. I like to see points as a reference system, but by no means something written in stone. Because once you see the points as "facts" you instantly think its balanced and fair. And justifying everything you do by referring to the points system "well, I didn't cheat, I paid full points for this list!", thinking yourself a better sport than playing the same list in open play.

Id still demand fully painted when playing on my field. Its a matter of respecting the opponent and the terrain board. When you have a fully painted terrain board and you know our opponent has put down hours of work on his army to get it to a standard he sees fit to field, Id be ashamed to place down an army of grey, half assed assembled plastic men.

See, thats what I mean. Only the guys actually painting stuff would and could present anything in a fight like that at my house. I wouldn't care if you had a full army-case full of goodies, if you only had 2 units and a hero painted. We would rather match our stuff to yours to make some good skirmish/small games, but Id never let you field unpainted models on my field, no matter how much you cried about it.

How do you do blond hair that actually looks blond and not bright yellow, /AoSG/? I'd like blond dorfs but the yellow looks wrong.

I always use a bone color and wash it with that sepia wash. If I want a really bright blond I'll drybrush it very lightly with a bright gold.

lizardmen seems like the army for me at the mo
out of curiosity, how viable are they if you dont take any magic at all?

I'll give that a go, thanks user.

Almost finished my general, just wings and a base to go I think. Thoughts?

This tutorial looks pretty good for blonde: dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/259096.page

Not a fan of the pink/purple fangs on the terrorgheist. It's not a great contrast colour to the blue. Black or White might work better.

I agree with this user, the teeth looks off.

Does this make for an acceptable Skaven BSB? I didn't want to just use a Stormvermin or Clanrat with banner so I tried myself at this. Pretty new so excuse the shitty paintjob.

Yes, the mini looks very nice. Can confirm that the paintjob is unappealing.

I like it! Great job user.

Hmm.. I might try white then after I finish the wings. How does the bone cape I made for the king look?

Unappealing is a harsh word, "basic" would be more appropriate I think.
He has at lest got all the colors in the right spots, all he needs now is a bit of wash to get some shadows.

Good BSB, where did you get the banner from? And a bad paintjob is still a lot better than playing against greys.

Not a fan of the colour scheme either, it doesn't pop. I ain't hating he paints and kitbashes his minis and that makes him a true patrician but let's not turn into a hugbox like normal fora where all the critisism has to be 'constructive'.

Like a pineapple, not really a fan.

It is okay, I know my painting is lackluster and shoddy, no need to hugbox. It is the part of the hobby I least enjoy, so I do cut a lot of corners.

My local redshirt gave it to me out of the stores bitbox. I think it is from something beastmen related?

So I'm going to be building an Everchosen army over the next few months and my 1500pt army was looking like:

Leader: Gaunt Summoner
Leader: Gaunt Summoner
Battleline: 3 Varanguard
The rest are all summoning points

So for the actual modeling I was thinking of basing each Varanguard as coming from a different mortal plane with the last one being from Chaos itself.

So my thoughts were

Life: A deamonic half treeman riding their mount and mixing some sylvaneth parts in and giving him a cursed wooden scythe from the hunters box. Dedicated to Tzeentch.

Fire: A flaming sword and cracked lava running across the armor plates and flaming hoof prints from the mount on the base. Dedicated to Khorne.

Metal: A cyborg style guard, think Iron Warriors meets fantasy, wiring tieing the mount's joints. Dedicated to Tzeentch.

Death: A grim reaper style model with a scythe and a pale, plague horse, he is mounted on. Dedicated to Nurgle.

Heavens: A helmet from the Stormcasts and a lightning ensorcelled hammer in hand. Like a fallen stormcast that now rides for Archaon. Slannesh themed.

Light: Think Sigvald the magnificent joining the Varanguard, glorious robes and a clean and beautiful face. Maybe even put an elf on there. Chaos doesn't have to be only human do they? Slannesh again.

Shadow: A fear shaped one, representing terror. think bats and nightmares. Also might make a headless horseman with the jack o lantern head as well. Dedicated to Nurgle.

Beasts: Make a Conan barbarian, adorned with the hides of beasts he has slain. Dedicated to nurgle.

Chaos: Make him the standard look but a daemon looking body. Like a clearly possessed champion of chaos with the Everchosen mark adorning his field and banner.

How does that sound? Would it be interesting to look at and sound like it would look cool or is the idea to cluttered and out there.

The 8 stereotypes ride to battle.

Might as well make some fallen grey Knights too

Great idea user

>Maybe even put an elf on there. Chaos doesn't have to be only human do they?

This has me curious though. ARE chaos only humans? Can I have an army of chaos elves, orks, or lizardmen? I know chaos dwarves exist so the idea must in some way be possible.

Same user, honestly I don't even think your skill are the big problem. The colour scheme just aint right. Maybe try to make the robe a little whiter, both the armor and the robe are kinda muted and dull but a crispy robe could make the mini pop a little bit more. The face looks pretty decently highlighted and the freehand on the banner ain't bad either.

It's just so drab and brown that kinda kills it for me.

>Since I;m not a pansy either I'd like Veeky Forums's critique on my skaven as well. I also have a recent Arch-Warlock for critique

Bullgors? 3 attacks with re-rolls, rend 1 and damage 2 is pretty sharp.

Take them in the Bloodscorch Bulltribe for true ridiculousness, though that's a hefty investment.

Elves can fall to Chaos but it's rare since Elves are not as flawed as humans.

Same thing with Orcs but their resistance to Chaos results from their carefree life that leaves Chaos little avenues to corrupt them.

No Lizards, right? Since they're Anti Chaos: The Faction, but Dark Elves had fluff Chaos worshipers among them iirc

Aren't there chaos ogres in the fluff somewhere too?

Yes. There are even forgeworld models and a warscroll as well for Plagues Ogors. They're part of Tamurkhan's Horde.

Shamelessly posting fluff for my WIP Flesh-Eaters, going to make them up with broken weapons, banners, rusty armor and the lot.

>The pass was crawling with the flyblown knights of Chaos, their bodies blackening the ground around the Bonebreak Pass.
Prince Coric lowered his spyglass and turned to his second, the Count Irannac.
"It seems the foul foe has finally encroached upon our borders,"
"Yes, my lord."
"Time to rouse the musters, I think. Call up the men-at-arms and the knights."
Suddenly, a dark look flashed in the prince's eyes, betraying a monstrous insanity. For a brief moment, the glamour dropped, and the white stone ramparts on which they stood were revealed to be nothing more than a broken heap of rock and mouldering bone. The tall knight next to him no longer clad in shining plate, but in the rotted hides of beasts, and a few rusted pieces of broken armor. His own vestments of shining silk and gilded armour turned to naught but rags.
"My lord, are you well?" The Count's deep bass rumbled from his throat. He must have seen his lord's troubled manner.
"Yes, but I thank you for your concern. Call for Festerleech, it is nothing my physician cannot cure with his potions. And call up my father and brother as well."
"They will want to join the feast."

Fuck this

Just finished my blight king's for my "army of plagues"

Can I build blood Knights and replace ghoul features with skeletal ones, but still run them as blood Knights?

Vampires fucking suck. I want a skelly army but they have no units

>finished
>not based
>horribly highlighted
>thick wash slathered all over
>thick paints slathered all over

Could use improvement.

What's the simplest non order army to paint?

Iktf man, I was going to start a Skelly force but with the squatting of Tomb Kings there wasn't much left for me to do with them.

Starting Moonclan Grots instead, at least they can be funny.

Looking great user! If I could make a single suggestion, I would say to wash the green skin with a green wash, focusing on where the highlight meets the main skintone to better blend them together. But besides that they look great!

>>What are Black Knights...

Where's my feedback?

Is there a better website than scrollbuilder.com? The website is just too unfinished and the updates are way too slow. There has to be a better alternative, right?

>inb4 use the app

hahahahAHAHHAHAHAHAH
also
>at the start of of your each turns
bravo GW

Demons, easily.

You prime the base color, wash with a deeper agrax earth shade or colored wash that fits to give the model dimension. Then you drybrush with the highlight color and pick out the simple details like metals, bone, and horns after. Done and done!

Metallics are nice, the blacklining is decent but makes them look very cartoony, although that's probably what you were going for. I'd say try to make the lines in between the muscles thinner, they look very thick.

The green robes on the front rat need stronger highlights on the folds and the tubes running into the cannon on the back rat look like they only have a basecoat on them.

I like the fluid effects in the orbs but a thin green glaze might tie the blending in together a little better, their tails could do with some highlights on the raised areas as they look very flat and finally they're not based. Something like dark brown soil with dead leaves/grass would set them off nicely.

Order fags get out

Try this one:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/116pJQjH73xUdeQHjUyp3l802HcCbiiL3mDeQsWowjsk/edit#gid=0

And the app sucks balls for calculating. It's only worthwhile for easy scenario/alliance trait reference during battle and even that could work a lot more convenient...

Brutally honest.

So what consistency do you use when thinning your paints?

Thanks for the advice, I'll work on the blending (always been a struggle)

Right wrote a 1k darkling coven list

Order alliance
Thrall warhost
Sorceress with master of defense
2x10 darkspears
10 darkshards
10 blackguard
10 executioners

1 assassin with rend artifact
1 tenebral shard with damage artifact.

The shard is against artillery (my store has a kid who loves his 2-4 trebuchet) though thinking of giving him quicksilver potion instead for when he is stuck in unwanted combat.

If i were to pop up to 2k I'd just buffer up each unit and add some bolt throwers.

Thoughts?

Thin your fucking paints REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The advice always given is to try for a milk like consistency but that's never been of any help to me so I'll try to explain further.

Take some paint, put it on your palette than add some water or medium at around a ratio of 2:1 paint to water. After mixing, get some on your brush and paint a line to let you know how smooth and flowing it is. If it leaves a brushstroke or is visibly thick, thin it some more.

You're looking at a minimum of two thin coats to get decent coverage depending on colour. Greens normally have a good opacity but the white/bone you're using will usually need more coats than the green.

Your main issue here other than the bright green highlights looking awful is that you haven't done any cleanup. If you went back over the bone with the base colour and just left the wash in crevices, and then used a brighter bone to highlight the edges the armour would look a lot better.

I see you said you struggle with blending, in your picture you've gone straight from a dark green to a very bright green. What you need is some drying retardant.

Start with your base dark green, then incrementally add more and more of the light green, covering a smaller area each time. Ensure the previous coat is fully dry before starting the next. After you've got to the brightest stage you want, then use a thinned green glaze to tie it all together. Hope this helps, the Blightkings are lovely models and it saddens me to see them in this state. Also basing is essential. Good basing can even make up for defects in the paintjob on the model.

Thank you for the very descriptive thinning guide. I also see what you're saying about going over the washed area again with the name color so only the indents and crevices are washed.

I'll also give a go at the blending. I want to do these beautiful models justice.

Thank you for all of your advice

sorry I'm trying to make some lists here and I don't have my Sylvaneth battle tome here at work, just have a quick dumb question

Can I still take Sylvaneth spells for my Sylvaneth wizards in a mixed order army or is that a no-no?

No worries, the only way to improve is to make mistakes. My earlier models were much worse than those Blightkings.

Guys, I was digging through my old stuff and found a Battle for Skull Pass set, an Organ gun box and box of 3 Slayers. Would any of this be useable for a starting Age of Sigmar army, on a pure for fun level if it was filled in with some cheap 10-20 euro boxes/heroes?

Anyone see a Nighthaunt army before, and if so what did you think about them. I was considering buying a Start collecting box or two, another box of spirit hosts and a box of Hexwraiths to clean off 1500pts with a few hundred points left for summoning and try them out.

My idea would be to then build a number of Cairn wraiths and Banshees and set aside points to summon which ever I need depending on the opponent, banshee against low bravery units and wraiths against brave shit or stuff needing a can opener.

How does that sound as a strategy? I assume summoning gets around allegiance so I can have my battleline Spirit hosts while also being able to expand into other undead units should I need them.

well thanks to the FAQ, this is a pure Sylvaneth list. It's a lot of trees but the Stormcast are pretty beefy with the battalion rules and all their new found Sylvaneth buffs. Shame they're all min sized though, 2500 might be better since I can bump up the judicators to 10 and maybe throw in some more liberators.

Pretend that missing 120 is the battalion cost

The photo is pre basing. basing is sand+dryad bark with a highlight and a shitload of gloss varnish. I want it too look like wet mud but I'm still unhappy with my basing so I'm seriously considering redoing al my bases.

Agree on the robes, problem is that I already did al my clanrats with the minimal hightlight on their robes to save time and I'm afraid that it will look inconsistent if I start highlighting selectively.

I'm going for cartoony look cuz I think the current Skaven range is, for a lack of better word, cute.

How would you highlight the tubes in a better way? I've basecoated them, washed them and then applied a lighter colour over the whole tube/cable but it's difficult to determine how to make a highlight a flat surface look natural if you know what I mean.

Anyhow, thanks for the feedback, any input on my Ikit Claw? I was unhappy with a lot of the mold lines and burrs but I only noticed them after painting and I'm having quite a lot of difficulty with removing them without damaging the mini...

What should I add to deal with ogor bullshit (just gut busters)? I normally add a plague claw for skeles, but for ogors, I'm debating between a third unit of 30 monks for the battalion, or 15 censer bearers.

Skryre tech is out of the question I guess?

What would you do if you were in charge of slaanesh's next big release

That's my next build. Needa finish my pestilens stuff

>Wrote a Stormcast Eternals list focusing heavily on teleporting and hitting hard
>Worried that it will be too atrong for casual gaming

I just want my buddies to have fun.

Titty demons as far as the eye can see.

The wash seems heavy, it looks like your models are really shiny. But everything else seems great.

>strong
Fuck phone keyboards

It's daemons you uneducated twat

That's deliberate, I like shiny models. I know that most people hate it but I prefer it for some strange reason.

Are there any points out for the formations not in the GH? Like the one I have posted.
If not am I to assume I can't use them in a pitched battle?

"Call up" is a weird word choice. It sounds more like his servant is going to call them on a phone.

A Slaaneshi lord on some snake mount is a must
Other than that have a starter set with them verses Aelves

They said Campaign and Start Collecting Battalions are not intended for Matched Play and won't get points.

No-no

Alright cheers mate

Is there a chance of new death releases soon? My current army is a mix of Nighthaunt and Deathrattle and I'd love some new spooky scary skellies/ghosts, mainly because grave guard are an absolute joke and I have to rely on my Spirit hosts to kill anything.
Also, what's the best way to use Skeletons? I want to try and run 2 blocks of 30 and have a wight king with a banner in between but there's probably a better way that I'm ignorant to right now.