Vill

>"If you kill him you'll be just like him!"
>You actually transform into him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QwDfocGRN1U
youtube.com/watch?v=1PXtRZGhhqE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lol killing slimes.

Isn't there some Chaos Champion in 40K who's like this? I remember there being some great fridge-logic discussions about how that would work.

Lucius the Eternal

Isn't there a Freudian theory about this?

The only way to kill him permanently is to kill him without knowing you did anything.

AKSHUALLY

The only thing that can kill him for good is a being with a 'heart full of mercy'. Otherwise, Slaany just brings him back good as new.

Wrong, Slaanesh will resurrect him anyway

I once killed a Gelatinous Cube. The entire party had avoided it by wading through it and I just psionically melted it and walked over the stain. They were so upset.

No. Slaany only brings him back if the whole pride thing doesn't take part to allow the rebirth.
If someone with a heart full of mercy kills him, that supposedly breaks Lucius' cycle of death and rebirth.

>Transform into him, including the lethal wound.

Or if Necrons kill him and just leave his corpse in proximity of a pylon because science>gods

There was a soviet cartoon about it. There's a supposedly unbeatable dragon ruling the village and hoarding great treasures, multiple challengers come to slay him, but never return. A young hero kills the dragon, but when he's tempted by his riches, he begins transforming into the dragon himself.
Here's the link.

youtube.com/watch?v=QwDfocGRN1U

>he's your clone

His body is completely unnecessary for the resurrection, it's only the soul that matters and that already resides partially within the Immaterium, which Null-fields have minimal effect on.

>he drinks tea with his right hand
>"If you drink tea with your right hand you will be just like him"

THE WIND IS PUSHING ME

>You breath the same air as the BBEG
>"YOU'RE JUST LIKE HIM!"

>paladin cube

It'd make an interesting member of the party, but any relationship with the elf mage will end in tragedy.

Who the fuck has a heart of mercy in 40k? All I can think of is that dude who gets a tattoo of every soldier to die under his command

Duh? I kill by possessing the person and destroying the mind that was in it before.

The tau.

"Oh, you poor dear, that multiple personality disorder can't be cured... Let me end the pain..."

>the guy actually isn't lying, because you are villain's phylactery
>the only way for you to kill him for good is to die without getting killed
>that, and destroying all the other phylacteries
implying Harry wouldn't turn into a villain/Voldemort's puppet if he didn't get the horcrux out of him in time

Unless that tau lived its entire life thereafter never feeling any pride in what they did for any reason, Lucius comes back.
It'd be so great if the honrarabu tau doesn't feel pride till after the battle at some medal ceremony, and Lucius just leaves it with a couple blue faces on his armor and a chest full of free medals.

You've seen that comic.

"You keep what you kill."

Necrons are souless, so Lucius is fucked

This is actually a good opportunity for torture. When applied consistently, either the villain crumbles and becomes harmless mumbling loonie or offs himself.

Lucius will resurrect anyway as long as his patron god finds it convenient or entertaining.
In one of BL novels (>inb4: not canon), he's slain by champion of Tzeentch who feels neither joy nor pride in splaying him, so Lucius has nothing to take root in the new host. Slaanesh resurrects him anyway.

Kill him then an hero

I remember Nikona feeling the same about him.
So, if a souless Necron (feels nothing) kills him with a gauss flayer, or any other disintegrating attack, surrounded by Pylons...Lucius will simply appear elsewhere?

Then it's better to take the IH's solution: drop a tank on his ass and pin him there

>He claims that if you kill him, you'll be just like him
>He's actually your future self

I think he would have just died. Remember, he would have gotten hit by the Killing Curse, which if I'm not mistaken is one of the few things strong enough to actually destroy a Horcrux. Wouldn't it kill the bit of Voldemort left in him?
Isn't that exactly what happened anyway? Voldemort was doomed to fail. Orochimaru's the better snake lich anyway

>paladin cube
when it falls it falls apart.

what if you kill him then immediately throw yourself into the sun.

That's the point.

AND HE'LL TWIST YOU ROUUUND
YOU KNOW HE'LL TURN YOUR HEAD

youtube.com/watch?v=1PXtRZGhhqE

no, stop this meme

if you actually read the fluff of lucius the eternal, he LITERALLY CANNOT BE KILLED BECAUSE SLAANESH THINKS HE IS HILARIOUS AND WILL REVIVE HIM ANYWAY. the line about his killer "enjoying it" just means that the killer will turn into lucius. but if lucius just steps on a landmine or some shit slaanesh will still revive him, lucius is literally immortal in this way so any brainstorming you do to kill him is irrelevant because slaanesh says fuck you

Yeah, this. I'm not sure if the Fantasy lore carries over fully into 40k, but in Fantasy, each daemon is a thought that the chaos god has. More powerful daemons are stronger or more pleasing thoughts. Daemons that get resurrected are thoughts the god has again.

So naturally, the most powerful daemons are the best thoughts that are though over and over again, and that's why they can't actually die.

lucius isn't a daemon, he's a "mortal" chaos space marine but he's slaanesh's favorite non-daemon champion so slaanesh keeps reviving him to troll the galaxy

If another god or god-like being is willing to exert more effort in keeping him dead than Slaanesh is willing to put into bringing him back, then I imagine he would stay dead.

Of course that's a shit load of effort for just one man and Slaanesh is going to try really hard to bring him back because Slaanesh has no concept of moderation and LtE is hilariously entertaining to have around.