FTV Spoilers

MSRP is $35 but what do you all think these will actually sell for?

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/vault-lore-2016-08-01
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Protip: The MSRP of every FTV ever has been $35.
They never sell at MSRP. They're designed to be chase products that they can send to small stores instead of mass retailers so that the small stores can turn more of a profit on them. I haven't kept up with FTV since Legends, but at that time they averaged about $80.

I'm pretty sure my FLGS won't sell them more than 50€

Cool stuff. Last two have been super lame. Especially Annihilation.

Not a fan of this new art. It's so fucking generic.

Having a foil of the original Jitte art is nice, more of the Marit Lage tokens is nice, and Unmask is nice. The new arts are pretty bad and the rest are bulk rares. I'll grab the Jitte for Legacy D&T for sure though.

What's the phyrexian proessor lore signification

What's the lore behind these cards?

Why did they give her that piss yellow tint color to her art compared to the old one?

Might be Volrath?

>The Phyrexians have been a scourge of the Multiverse for a very long time. Yawgmoth, their progenitor, was obsessed with "perfecting" all life forms under his control through the hideous fusing of metal, flesh, and magic. Even after his demise, the Phyrexians continue his work, spreading their corruption wherever they can. Phyrexian Processor, originally from Urza's Saga, is emblematic of their methods: pain and death are entirely reasonable prices to pay for true power.

>The saga of the ship Weatherlight and its crew, and their multi-planar series of adventures, spanned many Magic blocks. One of those blocks was Mercadian Masques, in which the Weatherlight crash-landed on Mercadia and her crew became embroiled in the conflict between the Mercadians and the Cho-Arrim. Meanwhile, the shapeshifter Volrath sowed confusion and dissent among the crew while disguised as Takara, eventually murdering Takara's father, Starke. Here, we see him shapeshifting out of Takara's form.
>The Mirari was a dangerous artifact, and its power was seductive. Not only did it offer a tremendous amount of magical energy, it had the ability to see and manifest its user's deepest dreams and desires. However, it also had an unfortunate tendency to bring its users to eventual ruin, and its presence on Dominaria led to magical chaos. Adam Paquette's vivid new art, like the Scourge original, offers a glimpse of the Mirari's swirling, wish-granting power.

Unmask is Volrath posing as a Weatherlight crew member
Mind's desire relates to the Mirari, but i don't remember if it shows a specific important scene

You know when a new set is spoiled and everyone say it's shit in a meme way?

This is shit. Not in a meme way.

Most FTV are:
2 good rares that need a real reprint at rare, not a mythic or a very limited supply.
1-3 OK rares/uncommons.
Fill the rest with junk.

It DOES seem like it has a kind of high amount of dollar rares. Usually FTVs involve chase cards that people really want, but I'm pretty sure I've seen at least four or five Confluxes gathering dust in my FLGSs rare box for a while now. Ditto Phyrexian Processor.

I don't like your taste, my friend. I do however like these cards I'm seeing.

Calling $60

Dark Depths alone goes for $60

So why not reprint mirari instead then? Is it because it was in the artifacts one?

most stores I've seen try for $100 USD and will adjust if they don't sell

Make it $120.

>foil Dark Depths with clearer artwork
oh boy

>foil Umezawa's Jitte
oh boy oh boy

Wait. $100 PER PACK? That's just insane. I'd rather get a whole fucking booster box than 15 useless foils.

The value in this one atleast is around $100 anyways with the jitte and dark depths. I do not disagree with you though

I would assume, as with the green tinted helvault here, that those are spots where it's been foiled, so it's not just the one tint it's gonna be a rainbow, which isn't the worst.

They haven't spoiled the useless foil rares yet. Besides, it'll be like EMA where you have a %16 chance to break even with your overpriced pack of 15 cards.

do you even know what from the vault is?

What are you talking about? Do you know how FTVs Work? It's a pack of these specific 15 cards.

The 15 cards were spoiled, dude

10 foil commons, 3 foil uncommons, 1 foil rare/mythic, and 1 foil land.

>Ftv
>Packs
Are you literally retarded?

That's not even remotely how it works dumbass

>always wanted Dark Depths
>always wanted Memnarch, Glissa
> a few other cards that ought to still be worth $$$
>ought to still be getting more than my money's worth
>mfw realizing I've gotten to the point where my money's worth is 75+$ for a couple pieces of shiny paper

Please look up FtV before posting

I know this feel all too well
I want 4x of Dark Depths, especially foiled ones
But they're way too fucking expensive for me, so I would rather just order from chinaman

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/vault-lore-2016-08-01

When you get to Marit Lage, it's strange how the inflection of the description changes within the text when they say "enormous, otherworldly tentacle monster". Ladies and gentlemen, I've thought this from the very beginning, and I'll post it again.
Marit Lage is an Eldrazi, or is at least related to the entire Eldrazi lore.

good meme

Looks good. Maybe the oldlorefags will have less to bitch about for a week.

It is nice that they went through a lot of the old blocks.

Dark Depths and Tolaria west would be neat. Phyrexian processor looks nice.

>How is Phyrexia lore significant

Marit Lage is like an Eldrazi in the midst of a mid-life crisis. She went to the Wheel on some kinda interplanar roadtrip and never came back to pick up her job and ended up getting fired for job abandonment and replaced by Emrakul.

Who's now decided she's had enough of the corporate plane-recycling business and sealed herself into a moon.

Not a meme. If you think otherwise, then show your evidence.

that's not how burden of proof works, senpai

Totaled up some values.

The cards at older printings, including the token, come out to around $159.25 at their market price on TCG player.

I work at an LGS and I can see this sitting on shelves for around $80

Marit Lage has time and time again been explicitly stated to have nothing to do with the Eldrazi.

The values of this set are skewed a bit by the fact that for a lot of the cards in here, the foil is massively expensive compared to the base card. Only Helvault, Near-death Experience, Glissa, and Beseech the Queen are truly cheap.

Ugh. I could use the Jitte for Reki EDH, but none of the other cards do much for me besides Mind's Desire.

I actually like Conflux, but that shit with Dreamhalls has pisses me off too many times.

I could cry you guys. My friend told me he ordered two for $35 apiece a month and a half ago. I just asked him and he never actually got it done. Now I'll never have a foil Jitte or Dark Depths. Someone kill me pls ;_;

>preordered FTV months ago
>was expecting Jin-Gitaxias and Rhys the Redeemed along with Dark Depths from that "leaked" reddit post
>got Jitte instead

I'm slightly surprised but I'll be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed

Hello, fellow EDH scrub.

hello, fellow /EDH/ doofus.

Marit Lage is MTG's actual Lovecraftian horror. The Eldrazi are MTG's Godzilla Monsters.

The Jacetice league should've tamed Emrakul and made it their mascot

Emrakul is the Zordon to their Power Rangers

Near death+worship=wincon

>Back to the original flavor text
Holy shit wizards didn't fuck up for once.

ur a gud memer sir

You know, it's funny. Every time someone says that, they don't post ANY proof if WotC stating that or even hinting at that. All we know is that she'sa giant tentacled otherworldly being that can traverse planes and who isn't a planeswalker. She also developed a following with cultists and whatnot. Boy. That doesn't sound like anything we know.

Please don't be disrespectful to the story, you might not care but others do.

>20/20 indestructible flying creature that can planes walk without being a planeswalker
>Dies to a 1 mana removal spell
Why didn't this thing have hexproof?

>Here, we see him shapeshifting out of Takara's form.

Even when I first saw it, I realized how fucked up it was that Volrath disguised himself as his adopted brother's girlfriend.

>Just paid for the FTV:Lore for MSRP of $35

Always feels good. I thank thee, Card Shops that are bros and don't jew a customer.

Because hexproof is a garbage mechanic.

should have shroud

This card never fails to give me feels.

That set logo is awful.

It is a scroll and a tower. I don't get your problem.

>i need to whine on everything because magic is deeeeedddd
that's his problem

>be an abominable, unimaginably powerful flying spaghetti monster that can't be destroyed
>can be blocked and stop its attack by just a single flying bird

How unimpressive.

He's talking about the card itself, wise guy.

>When you're so fucking pissed you give the color OPPOSITE of the one you spent your whole life mastering a field wipe it isn't even supposed to have.

Where did you pre order, local card shop?

What would you guys rate this FTV in terms of wanted/needed reprints?

>no monogreen because fuck green

There are only 4 cards in there that see any serious competitive play, 5 if you are generous and include Unmask. They are: Jitte, Dark Depths, Cabal Ritual and Tolaria West. Along with a very desirable token. The rest is EDH trash and Near-Death Experience is a complete joke. Overall, I'd say it's decent. It's certainly better then FTV: Angels and the dogshit that was FTV: Annihilation.

More like From the Vault: SNORE, am I right?

>better than angels

Ehhh I disagree.

Eldritch Horrors love farming

Green seriously needs to be cut from MTG.

Wew

Yes, the Bearded Dragon Games based in New Jersey, in particular.

They sold it to me through MSRP price regardless of the contents of the package.

I believe they ship out to other states too.

>not having the original flavor text

Its shit

Play Voltron.

>tfw canadian
>tfw it will be literally impossible to find this at an even somewhat reasonable price