Mecha Space Pirate Quest XLV

Welcome back, Kestrels, to the forty-fifth installment of Mecha Space Pirate Quest! I'm Wong, your host, and as always you are Admiral Roarke Starwind, the most interesting pirate in the Solar System's asteroid belt!

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mecha Space Pirate Quest, Collective Game, mecha
Master Pastebin: pastebin.com/sSHs0QmF
Upgrade Menu: pastebin.com/QQQzkFZe
List of Moves: pastebin.com/HSdyCe2y
Rogues' Gallery: pastebin.com/E9ZcDLfG

Last time, on your way home from one heist, you immediately engaged in another. Countess Loriette Marie le Kennedy thought that you were placing yourself in her hands to become one of her servants, but in fact she was following you to Auditorium to become your hostage. Such is the power of sweet talk and being too damned pretty.

Now that the game is up, however, her conversation is anything but polite. Standing in her mech, the Paladin Anseis, atop the bow of her damaged cruiser, she somehow manages to convey both impatience and anger as she paces back and forth in the cage formed by the cannons of your battlefleet all poised to cripple her vessel at the first sign of an escape attempt.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yay, time for a boss fight who will hopefully NOT go snackbar on us.

ITS TIME.

HIT IT.

This should be an interesting fight since the character she's based on is a pure brawler

Whoah, a Mekton space pirates quest? Neat!!!

Before we fight, our mech should kiss her mech's hand.

And in her yelling against us, she basically confirmed the existence of a Tohsaka Rin expy.

I dont think she is in the mood for that right now to be honest. She'll probably charge as soon as we get out there.

I thought she really hated Haman, but that makes more sense

Nah we do that in person

Nay. As a lady, a duelist and a noble versed in fighting etiquette, shes not going to charge us right off the bat.

Maybe we'll have the chance to use that old write in that didn't get used with the duke. I was really sad that it came in too late.
"One man's hero is another man's monster I fear. While your Lady in the Woods seems to embody the best of what we knew as the Green Men, at their worst they were monstrous. I will not claim to know which side is correct, but be cautious of that certainty sir knight. The worst acts of humanity were committed by those that KNEW they were in the right."

It'll be weird to have someone fight in the way of the fists that isn't us. Maybe she will become a desciple of Master Asia?

As an aside though, I realized something. A good tradition in ship building is to name the ship after something important, usually something important to the captain. Considering Fairchild's ship, I have this one question; What was our mother's name?

The character she's based on is a magus, but you're not entirely wrong. There was a better option for that, though, and I took it.

Do avalonians have a pro wrestling circuit?

We can't rename the Rhinehawk we have too much history with it

Julia Maesa, like Cincinnatus, is an actual figure from Roman history. All Wels-classes are named after famous non-Emperor Romans, with the exception of the first Wels ever made, the Jaburo. Julia Maesa (I used the proper Roman spelling of Iulia, pronounced Yulia) was a rather interesting woman who did a number of interesting things.

Oh, also, her name was Christina LeChance Starwind.

Knights and nobles probably wrestle each other for martial training and contests

...Now I would feel slightly sad that I did not actually make Countess Kennedy a pure brawler since people are excited by that, but there was someone who was much, much better as a pure brawler, and I didn't want to decrease his impact by having other Paladins ape his style.

I dont think military captains name the ships they get stationed to anyway.

Somewhere, in the deep corners of the colonized universe, lays a planet full of wrestlers. Descended from the four kings, Hogan, Savage, Warrior, and the Undertaker, they vie for power in the ultimate wrestlemania. Never leaving the cage surrounding their world, for their escape would herald a dark age of war for the rest of humanity.

Do what you think is right, while it would be cool for her to be pure brawl if its going to ruin the hype of the other one then don't

>Undertaker
>Not Flair

Come on user you can do better

it's cool, wong. Its just that we were expecting her namesake to be a wrestler but a hybrid would be cool to fight as well.

You know this because you have plenty of time to observe her through the viewports on your way to the mechbay, where Karen is doing some last-minute touches on your Knuckle Kaiser.

Despite the damage Rashad inflicted with his Khanda Custom on Mars, the Kaiser is in remarkably good shape. The left-side shield and the Kaiser's chest look like they've each eaten a blast from some titanic shotgun (-1 SP to each), but you're familiar enough with your ride to recognize cosmetic damage when you see it, and most of the small scratches and pitting caused by Rashad's mech self-destructing with your fist practically buried in its cockpit are just that. The torso armor can even still open and close to let you into the cockpit smoothly.

You're about to release the electromagnets in your boots and kick off the ground to reach your machine when you feel a tug on the arm of your stark white pilot suit.

It's Samantha, her eyes downcast and her voice even softer than usual, "Wait a moment, there is something I need to tell you."

She takes a deep breath before continuing, "Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of being a bride, of being swept off my feet by some handsome prince who would love me the way I always wanted. For one reason or another, I never thought it would actually happen." Her small fingers tighten on your elbow, "But it did. Now that I know you're...you're really willing to...to marry someone like me..." Her face turns steadily more red, "I can't give you up. Not just for my sake, but for everyone you'd leave behind if you died." Her expression firms up, her dark lips setting into a small, hard line, "So I'm going too. I'm going to protect my husband no matter what. She won't even see me, and I won't interfere, I'm good at staying out of the way and observing. I'll only get involved if she's about to kill you."

>[Allow her]
>[Forbid her]

>[Forbid her]
That wouldn't be manly, that wouldn't be manly at all.

>>[Forbid her]
>You know I have to do it alone, how would you feel if someone interrupted one of your duels?

>>[Allow her]
on one condition; no heroic sacrifices. No throwing yourself in death's jaws to get me out. Deflect a blow, distract her, make her mess up in the worse case, but no sacrifices.

"I can't stop you can I?"

>>[Forbid her]

Kiss her until her knees are weak and cant walk.

To be fair most people probably dont give a shit about duels apart from the mad or overly honrubur people like roarke and oda and so on.

But yeah its a bitch move to bring her out.

>>[Forbid her]
"That'd do more damage than help when it comes to me fighting. The thrill of the fight is what fuels me. It's what makes me, me. The risks and the rewards is how I grow as a mecha fighter. Don't worry, I'm not chasing after my death. After all, I'm looking forward to the tea my wife makes for me tomorrow."

Sam is super honorable though

>pilots a stealth mecha
>honorable
Pick one.

>Betrays military and leaks secret information because innocents would get hurt

She does both user

Clemmy beat up Caesar while telling him that, didn't she?

>Betrays military because innocents would get hurt
>subsequently joins a band of pirates
We have killed at least one innocent person so far and probably more than that during the course of our carrier.

"I can't allow that." You don't have to think about it for long.

"But why!?" Her pale green eyes are large and moist as she holds on to your arm.

"You know I have to do it alone. How would you feel if I interfered in one of your duels?" It's easy to tow her along in the direction of the Knuckle Kaiser, she isn't exactly an imposing person.

"No you don't! You're a pirate, you don't have to do this kind of thing!" She futilely digs her heels in, but the smooth bay floor denies her shoes any purchase.

"It's precisely because I'm me that I have to do this. I'm not part of the military's hierarchy, the only person who ever promoted me was my Captain. These people follow me because of my deeds, and those deeds include fighting enemy aces in single combat. That's what I'm best at. I'm not the smartest pirate there is, Samantha, I'm not the most diplomatic either, but I am good at fighting, so that's what I have to do. If I show too much reliance on my subordinate Captains, one of them might very well be justified in trying to take over one day."

"Rosita and Yoritomo would never do that!" She protests.

"No, but what about the other two? What about the ones who join in the future? For most of the Kestrels out there, the new ones, this is their first time seeing what I'm about. Do you want me to look like a phony?" You're unrelenting.

"I'd rather have a live phony than a dead hero!" She yells, tears in her eyes.

A wrench lightly bonks her right on her frilly headband. "You're being selfish. Stop it." For once, Karen isn't smiling. More roughly than you would, she hauls her sworn sister off of you, "Can't you just believe in him one more time?"

"E tu, Karen?" Samantha gives her friend a furious glare.

[Continued]

Karen, unruffled, glares back, "How do you expect him to fight all-out if he knows his life isn't on the line? The Countess is going to fight like some kind of cornered animal because she's staring down potential death, don't take that edge away from Roarke because you're scared. Besides, you're not just doubting his skill, you're doubting MINE, and my machine! How do you think I feel about that, huh?"

Samantha's slender shoulders droop, tears trickling down her cheeks, "I...I'm sorry...I didn't mean to."

You put your hands on her shoulders, running them up the sides of her neck and along her jaws, wiping her tears away with your gloved thumbs, "I'm not going to die, I swear. Not with your tea waiting for me when I get back."

"ALSO you're wrong about the Red Menace and Captain Oda. Oda joined Roarke because Roarke challenged him to a one-on-one duel for leadership of their combined forces. He may be silly, and a little crazy, but he's a pirate captain too. As for Red...well, there's a lot of bad things I could say about her, but she likes his strength too. Otherwise she'd just take over the Kestrels and keep Roarke on a leash like one of her pets. Only he might not escape into the woods like her tiger did." Karen pats Samantha again, "Just get used to it. 'sides, nobody gets to launch out of my mech bay without MY permission, and you don't have it. Of course, you could maybe rip your way through the hull if you had the right tools, but I don't see any of the warheads that could do it on the S-Betta, now do I?"

You decide to settle the argument completely. You lean down and kiss Samantha until her legs go wobbly and she stops trying to protest. She looks a little dazed when you finally let go, "That should last until I get back. Take care of each other!" You turn with a wave, deactivate your suit's electromagnets, and kick your way up to the hatch of the Kaiser.

[Continued]

Wonder how many death flags that was

Samantha presses a hand to her forehead, "What am I supposed to do now? This is the only way I know how to look out for him..."

Karen sympathetically pats her friend's shoulder, "We'll do what I do every time he goes out there. We'll watch, wave, and see him make it home safely."

"Hypocrite." The Europan aristocrat sniffles, "You took a Harpy that one time."

"I did. And you were on your way to interfere with his fight on Mars, only he won too quickly. I'm a hypocrite, yeah, but I'm a hypocrite in good company." Karen grins, patting her friend's back.

Samantha giggles a little, "Alright. So, which of the viewports do you think he'll be able to see us from?"

Karen nods solemnly, "At last, sense. Don't worry, I had one picked out as soon as we boarded this dinky little thing."

You're completely spared from the estrogen-laced friendship, secure in the belly of a near-sixty-ton mechanical monster that clomps its way onto the catapult.

"Admiral Roarke Starwind, Knuckle Kaiser, launching!" You call out over the loudspeakers, and you hear Karen's cheerful voice reply.

"Confirmed! All systems green!" Lightning crackles along the metal rails of the catapult as the spaceside seal opens, and you're hurled into space like a missile. Ahead of you, the Avalonian ship floats like an elegantly constructed jousting lance made of half-melted wax, it's more crippled than you thought.

[Continued]

Well.. I stand by my opinion of getting armored cockpits since we use primary and secondary sensors anyways.

Is that in the Atm?

Yup. Under the cockpit stuff. Costs nothing, but requires the use of sensors to see shit.. which we have. To get a cockpit hit, it would require going through the armor on the chest. Get something like command armor and it will likely count both. Of course, I am sure there are ways to give the cockpit kills somehow. That way we don't die even if stabbed. Of course, with our full luck and maneuver, we could simply put some extra luck in if there is a gap of 5 in our dodge roll.

wait.... so we haven't got that since day one?!
we need to install it ASAP

So, today I learned that Brigada Ligeria Estelar is a thing. anyone else heard of this?

We might have it. The way Wong explains the chest design sounds similar to it. Locks, armor plates and the like. So for all intents we may have it. The thing is, our armor is around 7 SP right now. It'll eat a sword or axe, but anything with AP or a beam saber with 4 kills of damage will go through it.

It's anti scrub, but.. thats about it. Getting some layers of defense may be a good idea once we see the Knuckle Kaiser Kai.

Whats it about?

A reactive shield could be a good idea since it only stops working if a weapon goes about its sp and if we go for the heaviest one then it has to be over 15 kills

Rolled 1 + 6 (1d10 + 6)

To your surprise, your comms crackle to life, an outraged and accented voice filling your ears, "Is this a joke!? Are you trying to taunt me!? Where are your weapons, you saucy knave! I know you solar aborigines, I have faced you before. Look, I even took one of your fancy plasma blades from a commanding officer of the Gas Knights of Jupitair. Go back and get your arms, toot sweet!" She points imperiously at the transport, even the body language of the Anseis conveying her eminent displeasure.

"They're already attached to my shoulders, mon petit cherrypie." Or was it 'mon petit sherry'? You aren't really that familiar with the phrase.

"Bufon! Rapscallion! No more jokes! Belegor is a freak monstrueux, but you are just a naughty boy with the swollen ego! How dare you mock me even more than you already have!? Non, if you hoped I would be gentle and take pity, you will be mistaken!" Her blue-and-gold mech with its construction reminescent of a knight in a battledress, complete with a visor-like face, has a shield as large as yours but shaped in an ornately sculpted and colored way, displaying the image of a goose surrounded by a ring of stars and holding a sword in its webbed foot. In her other hand, she has an elongated cylinder about as long as her mech's arm...a bit too long to be a regular plasma sword, and a bit too short to be a lance. Other than that, it appears unarmed, unless the crest of metallic drills at the back of its head are some kind of weapon. Two are hanging limp and seem damaged, but four are still moving faintly in counterpoint to the movements of her mech.

However, she attacks you with neither. Instead, she runs along the spine of her ship and launches herself into space towards you, tucking her mech's knees in close and going into a spin.

>[Roll Initiative, 1d10+5]

Rolled 5 + 5 (1d10 + 5)

Rolled 3 + 5 (1d10 + 5)

Wong, what does the Advance Sensors say about her CP levels?

Rolled 8 + 5 (1d10 + 5)

Just a couple of /ss/ doujins but no real pictures

Rolled 9 + 5 (1d10 + 5)

ROLLINGU

HIT THE MUSIC

why not reactive armor so it blows up whatever it's trying to get us. or is the same as the reactive shield? (i don't know anything about the game system)

as far as I can tell, Napoleonic Space Opera with Mechs. Its a campaign setting of some sort, but as far as I know its only in Portuguese

Any particular song you want, by the way?

It helps to learn the system for this quest, just read the battle section and you should be good

Already decided last thread:

It might, but it is also incredibly expensive. Likewise, assuming it can stop anything is a bad idea. a 8 kill weapon with disruption can get past it, and it's CP cost will be substantial. We may have to go with a multilayer systems. Reactive shields, command armor, reqular armor, and keeping our MV penalties low. Because bits are not counted for the mech itself, we could simply use them to bolster our attack power and reinforce our body.

Didn't we decide on Bohemian Rhapsody?

Wikipedia says it's Brazilian surprisingly.

Rolled 3 + 5 (1d10 + 5)

wait is she trying to drop-kick us?

A reactive shield in this is just a shield that automatically parries the first attack I think.

Do multiple reactive shields parry multiple attacks? Do multiple regular shields give you multiple opportunities to parry? My copy of the rules are stuck on my busted computer.

Reactive blocks everything without us rolling as long as its under the sp of the system

a woman after our own heart

>inb4 guns in her legs

Oh, and also, you've solidly won initiative. You're two hundred meters from her. You could dropkick her, and still have an action left to punch her twice or grapple a limb.

You could also use grapple-chan to pin one of her limbs, because she seems intent on getting to you rather than trying to kite and thus she's going to close the distance anyway. If so, which limb? If you fail, you can spend your other action on a second attempt, and if you succeed you can dropkick her or attempt to drag her in.

Both have upsides and downsides.

Poe unrelated.

Use grapple-chan to tie up he arm with the weapon

That's probably why it's in Portugese.

Block her attack and stop it dead. Just because.

So we can actually retort to her that yes, these are our two weapons before counter-attacking.

>blocking an unknown attack just because
That might sheer off our fucking shield for all you know.

I'd say grapple her arm with the weird weapon. Got a feeling it's a pile driver or something like that. If it succeeds, counter her drop kick.

Lets not get cocky against a mech we know nothing about

We must put a weapon in our face. That way we can pin both our opponents arms and attack at the same time.

Not by mechanics. We'd just see our shield drop by 1 point depending on the level of that attack. It won't outright kill the shield.

grapple the weapon arm, reel her in, then remove the arm,
then inform her that we have conceded to her demands and armed ourselves, before asking her if she is ready to duel.

Assuming we dont fuck up the block and get stabbed in the dick.

We technically can already, we just only have one arm free for it.

Would Clemmy and co. lose their shit if that happened?

Consensus is for grappling her weapon arm! Roll that attack! Feed me 1d10+14s!

i vote this. better we get rid of that thing first

Rolled 2 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

Rolled 4 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

Rolled 9 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

We could give the Kaiser another two arms, imagine all the oras

Siren get pissed when Gretchen did it

Time to rock and or roll

ROARKAMANIA

Damn Thunderbird you always get the good rolls.

He did pretty good to user

well, whatever she rolls for attack, she misses with those two. We need to scan her machine and also prep our luck for use. We have 11 luck total with maneuver pool and our base luck. Should be enough to put 2 in our defensive rolls or when we need to destroy the head/attack arm.

Rolled 5, 2, 3, 10 = 20 (4d10)

>10
aaaaaa

No worries. Assuming she's +1 over us, we parried cuz of our +9.

I wonder when we will get the opportunity to give Red her gift? Also, when does Clemmy + hamster become a thing?

Anyways here you go boys. I've always been here fampai, just gotten lazy. Can't wait when we find out more about this new waifu. Fatima has grown as 3rd best waifu. This new girl might vie for the spot though, depending on her reactions when we tease her combined with her naivety.

calm down. We don't know her bonuses just yet. Plus side is that it's not a crit. Though, the lack of mods do worry me..

Huh.

Cross-counter?

Wong said that he's waiting for when we get Rosita alone for a moment so we don't make the rest of the waifus jealous, great artwork by the way

Rolled 1 + 15 (1d10 + 15)

Aaaand since she parried your grapple...

I don't follow. Did you spend luck on that defensive roll?