What the best fictional space marines?

What the best fictional space marines?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2008/08/fringe-space-ma/
breakingdefense.com/2016/02/biggest-change-for-infantry-since-wwii-xm25/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Marine_Corps_astronauts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*are*

I think it was called roughnecks. It was am animated serious based off of starship troopers

Starship troopers MI,not the movie,the books

The Federation Force.

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Is it worth a phat 26?

sportins

Did you watch Day[9]'s playthrough/singalong?

yes, the game is very fun.

It's not innovative, it's not there to lecture at you. It knows you bought it to fight hordes of Giant In-Sects and by god that's what it gives you.

The ending of the one on the 360 still gives me chills though. Like, it's hammy as fuck all game, but that last mission has some really powerful moments.

>Have you told her you love her yet?
>It only seems that way!

I tried watching that again recently.

Holy hell has that CG aged poorly. Its barely watchable by today's standards.

They get better every few centuries

Wait, why is the StarCraft guy in between the ODST and the SA marine?
Surely it's ODST > SA > StarCraft

It goes by in-universe chronology, not bigness.

Mass Effect is in the 2200s, Starcraft in the early 2500s and Halo in the late 2500s

In terms of aesthetics, wouldn't the Halo universe just be 20-30 years after Aliens, I mean every piece of equipment in Halo just looks like a more streamlined version of shit that appeared in Aliens

I wonder where billions of years BC would fit there.

I was thinking tech level/effectiveness over size. But that too.

yeah, aesthetically it would look more natural as
M20>M21>Aliens>Halo>Mass Effect>StarCraft>Warhammer 40000

but it went by calendar instead

Adam Drake from Body Harvest is the only correct answer.

Fucking space gorillas who can leap buildings without a second thought.

Halo:BE marines were literally just colonial marines, right down not !Apone. Then as graphics improved they were able to take the aesthetics in their own direction.

Where do these guys fit?

Space-Nazis

Best space marine coming through.

1/5

2/5

3/5

4/5

ScrewAttack can go screw themselves.

5/5

If they count as space marines.

They are more like a mix of the cyberpunk mechcanicus but then separated into sects of knights and samurai

>ScrewAttack
Given their track record of shit research (Goku vs Superman, Mario vs Sonic ), I'd expect them to say that Batman uses web shooters.

Yes,and every single one of them is a psyker because streumonic DNA

Their legs are also ok

>>Goku vs Superman
Salty weeb detected

It's pretty well agreed to be badly researched by both sides, not just the Goku side.

Helldivers

Bullshit. The second Death Battle Goku vs Superman was terrible, the first one was great. Changed my mind entirely on who would win, I came in thinking Goku was going to clean house.

>Changed my mind entirely on who would win
Then you haven't read much DC. Their "Superman is limitless" nonsense is one of the worst parts about it. Post-Crisis Superman isn't even one of the stronger characters there, he's mid-tier if anything.

Based on an actual proposed DOD program

wired.com/2008/08/fringe-space-ma/

With the budget cuts, I'm sure its been shitcanned along with landwarrior program and the XM-25

Of course, thats why I hated the second one. The first battle was great, it was all math and sheer comparison of feats. And by sheer comparison of feats and abilities, I came out thinking "Yeah its pretty obvious Supes would win, he's just plain stronger, faster, and tougher"

The second battle took their whole "Supes has no limits" thing, which was more of an artistic justification in the first vid, into their primary argument, and it was shit, it was just shit. Its to this day the only death battle to actually make me mad.

Because the first battle was so well researched, and the second one was literally a "muh feels" argument. It was shit. And the worst part was, it came out before we even really know what the feats of the new Goku forms even were.

Which is bullshit, because its entirely possible now after the fact, that Super Saiyan Blue Goku would crush Superman, whereas SS4 understandably and quite reasonably got trashed.

>the grim darkness of the far future, Marines need a Squid to come save their asses.

> 10 brouzoufs have been deposited into your bank account

The Saudakar

>it was all math and sheer comparison of feats
By that you mean misinterpreted shit & "character cores". I remember they took All-Star Superman & used his strength despite being over three times stronger than normal. Of all the places to measure Goku's durability, they picked a filler scene? I remember being confused where it came from as I read the manga instead of the anime. Speaking of durability, I remember that time Hawkman knocked out Superman with the force of Earth to his face.
>first battle was so well researched
Oh boy. Not this nonsense. Where's that Death Battle Erred blog & that Super Underpowered Saiyan blog?

1. The feats of Goku and Superman are inconsistent. At the end of the day, these are fictional characters living in imaginary universes, and the writers make mistakes or forget things.

2. Death Battle therefore took the most hard-core, highest possible reasonable number on both characters feats. They even tried to justify the "sometimes falling short of their highest potential" shit in-story by referencing solar radiation and ki respectively, but in all honesty they didn't need to do that. They're stories, and they're inconsistent.

3. Therefore by simple comparison of feats, Supes wins.

He's stronger
He's faster
He's more durable.

>technically prehistoric marine

lol

>the writers make mistakes or forget things
Death Battle isn't exempt
>most hard-core, highest possible reasonable number on both characters feats
A lie. They used a filler scene for Goku while exaggerating Superman's part. I've read DC & I call bullshit on it. Superman couldn't take down over half the top-tier characters in DC.
>Therefore by simple comparison of feats, Supes wins
Looking at the nonsense Death Battle shat out, how about you explain them? They used some rather unreasonable "character core" crap as though they've never read the comics. Even some like moving Mageddon was blatantly untrue, he moved the gears to move the planet & not by himself. I wonder how many remember his condition before Aztek blew himself up.

>Superman lifts way more than Goku
>Superman flies way faster than Goku
>Superman survives far more explosive shit than Goku

While I agree Supes couldn't taken down high tier DC shit, that says nothing on whether he could take down Goku.

More's the pity, because once you watch enough of it to get over the colossal jank factor, it's a damn fine show by kid's show standards, and is astoundingly grim when you re-watch it while no longer 14.

You know it's good when CN tank it a handful of episodes from the end.

its current year user.

cut it out

Yo, it says he's asking for some explanation in the end. You just repeated without doing that.

Well my reasoning is, I saw all of Dragonball Z, and Dragonball GT, and I never saw Goku hint he could move a planet. I never saw Goku survive holding a black hole. I never saw Goku fly anywhere near the speeds Supes can.

I'll admit I'm more of a Dragonball guy than a /co/fag, but if Supes can do half the shit they said he could [and they showed the comic panels on scree, so I know he can], there's just no contest.

>I never saw Goku fly anywhere near the speeds Supes can.

But instant transmission.

>Superman lifts way more than Goku
If I hear anything about Goku's Ki related 40 tons training, I'll know you didn't read any of the interviews.
>Superman flies way faster than Goku
Given how Goku cleared about half of Namek according to the back of a volume in base form, I'll assume you mean Pre-Crisis.
>Superman survives far more explosive shit than Goku
Superman couldn't survive some of the shit they claimed he can. Death Battle makes me think they mistaken Superman for Superman Prime.

Is a whole different thing. Teleporting and super speed aren't the same thing.

Instant transmission requires concentration and does not require Goku to move through the intervening space. He simply ceases to be here, and starts to be there. Useful for getting around, notsomuch for dodging getting punched in the dick.

Space marines, and it's not even close. Nobody comes near the Emperor's Finest.

>I never saw Goku hint he could move a planet
In a universe where Ki = strength, Frieza's strong enough that his bisected body survived Namek's destruction. He's no Doomsday but he's one tough cookie & Goku dealt hits to a Ki-filled Frieza pretty well.
>I never saw Goku survive holding a black hole
Future Trunks' sword who can cut Frieza to bits didn't harm a finger.
>I never saw Goku fly anywhere near the speeds Supes can
Goku was trained to travel "fast as lightning" as a kid & he even outran a solar flare.
>Instant transmission requires concentration and does not require Goku to move through the intervening space
>notsomuch for dodging getting punched in the dick
He actively done the latter in the Cell & Buu sagas.

>He simply ceases to be here, and starts to be there. Useful for getting around, notsomuch for dodging getting punched in the dick.
That is blatantly false.

>XM-25
>Shitcanned
You wrong m8.
breakingdefense.com/2016/02/biggest-change-for-infantry-since-wwii-xm25/

Another image just to remind

CLEM.

Fuckin' Chigs Man.

Anyone see new Star Trek btw, that Slave race was totally Chigs.

And to stay slightly on topic, I personally like UNSC/ODST as Space Marines.

Efficient, Deadly, Relatable and still mortal.

I remember watching almost that entire series in the course of a few days. I, for one, thought it was pretty good.

OP and Aliens.

It aged better than that fucking Battletech cartoon

That shit's canon, you know.

I like the cut of your jib, but friend, the Helldivers routinely murder each other by accident more often then the enemy kills them. That alone removes them from best space marine competition.

There is no reaction image for how "mah" this nigga is.

Looks like an amazing early X-Com style fast response unit, at least until you retroengineer better propulsion.

I'm going to mock you now and say that the movie showed the MI actually making greater progress and with less cutaways to talk about a questionable utopian society run by the military. Also Starship Troopers was one of Verhoevens better films, certainly better than Showgirls. Shame it didn't have the K-9 units though.

sorry, but the film ones were spectacular.

I appreciate you.

The CGI ones where Rico becomes Big Boss are awesome. The live action ones just look like semi futuristic football players.

And yet, the live action ones were still spectacular.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I liked the CGI and books.
But that fucking live action movie had STYLE.

I wish DE (or better yet a different company that isn't garbage) would drop those gay ass Tenno weebs and make a full game about the Grineer. Its a damn shame that such a neat faction has to be stuck in such a shitty grindfest f2p game.

I've always been a fan of Starcraft marines. Even if their proportions are janky as hell.

I do enjoy neurally implanted convicts with power armor jacked up on combat stims too.

>Marine 3 is better than Marine 2
Get your eyes checked, private pog.

What characteristics should have a space marine if there's no FTL, artificial gravity etc, and has to handle real space factors?

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK!

>its entirely possible now after the fact, that Super Saiyan Blue Goku would crush Superman

I dont think so

Wolfenstein had a really nice design.

So you're telling me there are real space marines?

If there's ever been an astronaut who was also a marine, I guess so?

There were quite a few, actually.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Marine_Corps_astronauts

One of the few "40K vs ..." competitions that would go poorly for the Astartes.

Doom Marine kills alliums and doesn't afraid of ANYTHING.

You know, Photoshop in a couple service studs... not entirely inaccurate.

Doom guy has a conventional shotgun there. I would be surprised if it can even penetrate the Astarte's helmet. Half of his weapons are completely ineffective and a single bolter round would blow him in half.

Doom Marine has a shotgun that casually wrecks greater demons; he uses demonic artifacts and travels through the warp unaffected.

>Doom Marine has a shotgun that casually wrecks greater demons; he uses demonic artifacts and travels through the warp unaffected.

Actually, let me phrase this slightly differently:

If I was playing a Doom game and somebody had modded it so it also had 40K space marines, I would expect the space marines to be among the harder enemies I fought in that game, perhaps Baron of Hell tier.

If I was playing the Space Marine game that came out a while back but one level had Doomguy in it, I would expect that level to be the hardest level in any FPS I had ever played. I would expect the corpses of Orcs, Demons, Guards and my chapter brothers to be strewn about. Upon meeting the Marine, I would be astounded to see that he was carrying a Soundstrike Pattern missile launcher as casually as I carry my bolter, with an additional autocannon and heavy bolter; and a Thunder Hammer strapped across his back.

iirc it was supposed to be a 40k game but they rebranded after not getting the licence from GW. They're supposed to be members of the Inquisition

>If I was playing the Space Marine game that came out a while back but one level had Doomguy in it, I would expect that level to be the hardest level in any FPS I had ever played. I would expect the corpses of Orcs, Demons, Guards and my chapter brothers to be strewn about. Upon meeting the Marine, I would be astounded to see that he was carrying a Soundstrike Pattern missile launcher as casually as I carry my bolter, with an additional autocannon and heavy bolter; and a Thunder Hammer strapped across his back.

>Sees a dead brother
>"There but for the Grace of the God Emperor - and the fact that I am a named character - go I."

Source?

They are quite open about it being taken from an unreleased rpg ruleset with heavy 40k influence, but I've never heard of an actual license deal